/ng/ - Nioh General

Cutest couple edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Ded thread

Cuckchibana Shiggy.

This is really sad, guys.

>Just got to Way of the Strong
>was annoyed by how many red memeon revenants there were on the last few levels of NG
>Now literally every single rev I see has red demon's
>so fucking many dead red shitters, I literally killed the same guy's rev 6 fucking times while going through the first London level without dying once
How can such people even get to NG+? I seriously saw this guys grave like 8 times, and got so sick of fighting him I didn't even bother the last two times.
Also just the fact that the red memon's just fucktupled everywhere as soon as I got to NG+.

Which one procs elemental dmg better? Kusa or 2kat?

Kusa imo.

Because Red Demon is a really good fucking armor.

Not much to talk about plus the fact that Zelda just came out.
I'll be honest, if I was able to get a switch and had Zelda I'd be in that general right now instead of here.

It's in a league of its own, honestly. Plus it's easily accessible early game. I feel gimped running Righteous Strategist frankly, but I don't want my revenant to be one of the shitters you're talking about.

I have disassembled so many Red Demon and Kingo armours, it's crazy. Weirdly, Iga Jonin is definitely third most popular in my experience.

Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda and soon Nier and Persona 5, famalam. Too many games out at the moment.

Oh good, it's back.

What armor pieces can +recurrent damage: poison be found on? Is it ever transferable? Also somebody posted that they found an accessory with "increased damage to poisoned enemies" which I'll need to find somehow, if it even exists.

>requires umi-bozu eye stone (0/1)

Why aren't boss materials purchasable from the tea house?

why can't I get A+ Familiarity damage on my Taisharyu Wooden Sword? It's constantly being rolled as B+ (max familiarity)

What would you say is better for farming accessories, trial of the master or evil in the ether? I really want a good Magatama (not yasakani)

anyone got divine Kaido pants? could you please drown on Way of the Strong Isle of Demon's, by the first shrine? I would appreciate it

This. I have been asking myself that everyday senpai.

can i still get the free gold armor if i restart my game? i stopped playing after the first boss on the ship right before meeting hanzo because i started playing gravity rush 2

i thought he gold armor was free for only those who pre-ordered, too

Maybe? I don't think the gold one has a time limit

>can't purchase writhing tongues even though they're not a boss material
>they're rare as fuck and take forever to farm outside of the one twilight mission

thanks. if anything, i won't lose much if i'm not able to get it again

Just picked up a kusiragama with inheritable Change to Attack (Dexterity). Dropping my grave near the first shrine on Isle of Demons if anyone wants it.

Does poison on a weapon do anything? I have a sword with +14 "Poision" (spelled incorrectly, lel) and I'm seeing no additional effects when I strike enemies multiple times, yet fire pops up on every single hit.

Clan and guardian spirit user? Thanks for the chance at the kusarigama by the way.

Are you properly stacking poison in the enemy?

I think my clan is Li and Suzaku is the spirit.

Also, it's CtA Dexterity A.

>Li

How do I do that if not for repeated melee strikes?

I saw it, but no luck, will keep trying though.
Not that user, but I think poison is better applied via ninjitsu and the weapon buff just keeps the dot up on the enemy.

Leyasu, Lai, Li

>+recurrent damage: poison be found on
none of them
>Also somebody posted that they found an accessory with "increased damage to poisoned enemies" which I'll need to find somehow, if it even exists.
it does exist but good luck finding one, out of all of the accessories i've found only 2 have it.

Was able to fight your revenant twice, but had no luck due to my higher level. It's gone now, but thanks again for the chance senpai.

not him but i have a kusarigama with change to attack (dex) A, i could drop for you.

Would anybody happen to have a piece of armor with transferable +5% Unlimited Ninjutsu they'd be willing to drop? I can offer you some goodies in return if you like.

No problem. I'll just leave it there for awhile. I'm just watching anime.

>red demon fag dies
>two other fags get red demon armor off his revenant
>this goes on forever
red demons are a plague confiemed

So is it possible to quit mid mission when im at a shrine and resume back in at that shrine when i turn the game back on? Similar to Dark souls I tried google but ive read conflicting things

As long as you prayed at a shrine the game will save and you start from there even if you quit the game

Much appreciated lads, had to step away for a while, maybe next time though. Thank you.

For the love of God I feel like shit everytime I come to this board. First you tell me im a loser for spamming sloth, so I restart the campaign. Then Im chastised for using living weapons. I start a new game. THEN Im a LOSER for using fucking weakness talisman.

SO LETS MAKE THIS OFFICIAL. POST EVERY DAMN SKILL OR ITEM ANONS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE IN THEIR NEXT PLAYTHROUGH.

All me.

>try to do the "greater demon hunting" mission
>rehash boss with bumped up HP
>he can now literally one shot me with his weak attacks

how the fuck do i beat this shit? i mean if his damage wasn't so fucking high i could but this is bulshit

>using skills or items

if you use:

Sloth
Weakness
Carnage
Power Pill
Ranged Weapons
Magic in general
Ninjutsu in general
Kusarigama
2Kat
Spear
Living Weapon
Heavy Armor
Elixirs
Hyotokko Masks
parry skills vs human opponents
Final Blows
Having Guardian Spirits equipped

you're a useless faggot scrub.

Real men wear their Mariner's clothes the entire game and win with a 1kat for everything

I've never told anyone what they can or cannot use. I use sloth, living weapon, weakness, carnage, rejuvenation, guardian spirit, tiger running, catwalking and suppa. Anyone who doesn't like it can get fucked by wild albino gorillas for all the fucks I couldn't give on how anyone else plays. You greasy fat fuck.

Don't get hit? Seems pretty simple user.

>Using armor
>Using weapons

I want casuals to leave this general.

that isn't realistic for me when damaging the fucker only does 100 on him for some reason so fighting him is taking a considerable time and that only makes the chances of me not getting hit once less likely

so I'm missing some hot springs. Do Trail of the Master and Silent Crow count separately? or do I have to sit in Twilight hot springs too?

>Beat the Ice Woman on my first try
>Suddenly cant beat White tiger

I cant tell if im terrible at this game or not

The hot springs are map-specific. The mission is irrelevant.

Which of the light armor sets are worth using? 2 regions done in NG+ and am currently running righteous strategist 5-piece with 2 pieces of red demon set

Use the meat shield, attack rear, believe in yourself

fuck then I have no idea what I'm missing

You get the one in Demon King Revealed?

the one in the basement of the castle? Yeah. And I used the wiki checklist and I got all of them

Did you get the one in Ogress' mission?

Any particular tricks to forging level 160 shit?

>Real men wear their Mariner's clothes the entire game and win with a 1kat for everything

but thats not POSSIBLE you fucking RETARD. you wouls literally have to have AMAZING reaction timing to avoid Yuki-onna's projectiles while her husband is wrecking your shit. And dont even get me started on Honda who fucking HEALS HIMSELF

I'm not sure if it counts all the baths in the Trail of the Master, but you could do that and see if it pops. Only other ones I can remember off the top of my head are the mission where you find Ginchiyo in the tombs, the hidden one in the omibuzu (sea monster) map. good luck user and you might be better off just going through them one by one again instead of just guessing.

yep, where you go through the grass path.

I'm not sure what I could be missing.

Dude your level of autism is nearly incomprehensible

yeah, it counts all those, I'm just gonna have to go back and do it again.

Damn even Umi, Spiderfu, Ninja House and Elsa?

Could be a submission your missing maybe but fuck if I remember.

If you are so fucking bad that you can't do it just stop playing.

You couldn't be any more a scrub.
If you're not playing without anything attached and going full melee on everything then you're nothing but a Conquered.

>savescumming and forging katanas
>something about reforged traits looping I don't remember
>forge my first 160

Neat. Got a decent life drain (I think) on one of them too so I guess this will do. Just need to reforge a good CtA or 20% ki reduction and I'll be in business.

Now thats just straight impossible you ass.

level 750 revenant in Isle of Demons ng+. Dropped divine Kaido Axe, Kaido chest piece, Kaido gloves with increase attacka and defense for dual swords +14 as inheritable, and Kaido boots. Looks like it was using all Kaido minus the head piece being the Warrior Monk's Hood with a +40% total toughness.

Can you only get a weapon to 160? How about armor?
I can't even imagine having to forge 5 armors at 160.

Not him but he is right. It may take 30 minutes to beat most bosses but without anything on you have higher Ki and can punch/run around really fast so a naked build actually isnt impossible you noob

I wonder, could it be because I've been branching out once I found them?

You can have forge level 160 armor

He didn't say you couldn't upgrade your 1kat actually. It would be very possible.

You need all of the ones in the bathhouse as well. There's like six or seven.

yeah, I'm 100% sure I got them all

All right lads help a nigga out I beat the game in onyma mage gear single kat spirit/magic build I want to make a new guy but I can't deiced Duel weild master swordmen or Kursaigama dick ass ninja?

If you went with magic before might as well go ninja this time

3kat, no magic/jutsu/ranged

>3kat,
If I can't have one in my mouth I won't do it I can't disrespect the worlds greatest swordsmen user

Can somebody please explain to me the differences between:

>Parry
>Guard Ki Reduction
>Toughness

I want to make some kind of tank Turtle build but I can't quite tell what these stats do

did you try using the help button first?

I think parry gives you a larger parry window. Guard Ki reduction reduces the ki lost when blocking. Toughness increases your hyperarmor during attacks.

For a turtle build you'll want more guard ki reduction and toughness.

If his going turtle then he'll exceed 200 toughness without trying due to armor and there's no change in toughness beyond 200.
He should probably focus on defense over it.

Toughness hyperarmor caps at 200, though getting it higher might have other benefits. Parry is what makes your guard takes less ki damage, guard ki reduction is also the same but is just % modifier.

I found it, I missed the Yuki-onna one

Cheers!
That's where I was missing the last Kodama hiding behind that wall.

Isn't defense shit though?

no

it's strong

Warrior Monk Hood makes it easy to hit 200 toughness no matter what

Just reached NG+. Fastest way to get Amrita?

Coop your way to last region and prepare for Suzaku LW amrita farming with sake.

Any sets with running speed?

Second question, is there anything in the game that affects dash speed other than Tiger Running and Gyokuto?

He could just use Kodama Bowl and get rid of any set helm because of -1 and three pieces of both Obsidian and Tatenashi easily get you to 200.

why Kodama bowl, though? I mean it's good for farming, but not really as an actual move.

i've been farming purples from revs on the ohashi bridge is their a better place?

Stylish points obviously.

NG+? Two Kings by far.
Honda and Shiggy drop purples and greens and can be cheesed with birdo.
Fast gold, purples for disassembling and +3-5's for soul matching. Get used to it and you can finish them in less time than it takes to load in and out of the mission.

Not as a set bonus though the Iga Jonin set has a bonus in dash endurance. Your best bet is to reforge your armor sets for running speed

I don't think anything else affects dash speed positively besides the passive buff in the ninja tree

so how do i execute haze? i get the ki explosion when i put guard at the right time, but how do i get the knock down part?