/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Accidentally equipped Flame Butterfly on his quickbar:
>/dsg/ tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=japNv4YcNR0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=bPGNmIJ30zY&t=468s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post fashion

'Kay.

The Grand Lance is quality-scaling, but C scaling Str isn't bad.

If you want pure Str scaling though, Chariot Lance may be more your speed, it has A scaling Str but has a bit smaller base damage due to the bleed. Gargoyle Bident is also A scaling Str (even worse base damage than Chariot though), it's a spear and not a lance though.

Twin-scythe anime icy fire nun

Gotcha

Success
youtube.com/watch?v=japNv4YcNR0&feature=youtu.be

Here you go

I can help you through the area as well if you want, nothing better to do right now. Otherwise, I'll put my sign in front of the fog.

>I thought with it being a ratio, that I could take items out of my inv to always be below 70% or something. So if I'm wanting proper armour (rather than leathers or garbs), I'll simply need to put points in Vit.
Only equipped armor and weapons and rings contribute to weight. Yes, absolutely stay bellow 70. 69.99 percent weight is fine, 70.1 is not.

Keep in mind that armor is of questionable value in keeping you alive, thus putting points into vitality is similarly questionable. A suit of plate isn't going to double your durability or anything, just let you take one or two more hits at best. Sure looks cool, though.

>ywn save wolnir from being sucked into the abyss

Best Staff for 50 Int in DaS3?

repostan

That's a vestige from when Andre was supposed to push aside the statue in firelink to reveal the path. There was no real reason to move it so they didn't. You can't actually physically go there without using a somewhat obscure glitch and even then I'm not sure you will be able to see what is going on at all. Since you fall from frampt's hole and arrive directly at the Firelink Altar, 99% that's the canon position

sure, dont really know where you can set the sign though, is it after the elevator?

DaS2 > DeS > DaS1=BB >>> DaS3

Court sorcerer for sorceries, izalith for hexes.

Signs can be set next to the door just after you exit into open air again(before the elevator and cathedral knight)

Pls no, not the ranking wars. I've had it with you guys shitting up the thread with this stuff, especially this early into a thread.

I put it next to the one-way door.

alright, ill be there

Mine'll be at the fog

If you haven't done dancer solo at a relatively low sl (~30) then you're missing out. I always do it, not for the souls or areas you unlock but because that fight is both unique and fantastic.

NO BLOOMING MOSS CLUMPS
SEND HELP

How do I calculate AR in DaS2? The calculator's page won't load and I can't make heads or tails of the AR bonus spreadsheet on how it actually impacts the damage.

I got some for ya at the fog

Glancing at the halberd movesets I suddenly remember why I forgot they could shield poke; that fucking god-awful moveset. God damn it. If either the r1s or the r2s could be reversed, sweep or poke THEN an overhead, it'd be fine, but nooo, why would you want what's essentially a really long axe to have an aoe or long-range attack on demand? Fucking ds2 and it's fucking overhead slams.
Can halberds shield poke in 3?

Bleed lance? Strange. Grand Lance looks fine, though. Early and not nearly high enough scaling to worry much about.

how often do you fap to gwynevere?

He was an asshole anyway

Bleed Lance is great because the charge hits multiple times. You might want to check out the Sanctum Hammer as well, though it's only half-way a spear.

Never. Gwyndolin on the other hand...

So uh, I was looking around friede's chapel after recording the loli waving at me and I noticed this. Looks like a chair of some sort but I can't make out what exactly it is.

why do you fap to an ugly man?

That ''ugly man'', as you so delicately put it, is my future wife, please show some respect. And he's cute, cute, CUTE!

how is he cute?
He wears all those clothes to hide his hideous form like the wiki says

I thought it was weird you weren't using any, so I instinctively dropped one for you. Glad it helped.

thanks dudes, gonna do dragonland next if any of you want to join

Sure thing, i can spare some time

So after some more looking there appears to be 4 of these things in friede's room.

Also, the paintings are very interesting, They are all paintings depicting a white hooded woman, but many of them appear to be painted as if on fire. The normal version is in blue and the fire one is in red.

Sure thing, I'll see if I can drop my sign at the spawn area so you don't have to trek to the bonfire alone.

OCEEELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT
Fuck poise though, I prefer how ds3 handles it.

alright, where did you put it?

It's at the entrance into ADP, just dropped it since I had to kill all the sneks in my way first.

>sword of avowals is actually referencing a ring
>like a ring in a wedding
hm.

>Ring of Way of White
>Looks like the Hollow sun
>Also looks like a halo
>Angels

But Way of White is about lighting bonfires. It really looks like it's Dark aligned, though?

I got summoned as a blue for a bit, are you already past wyvern?

So the bat demon is the demon prince?

The symbol of avowal and the circlet of the way of white/usurpation sun aren't really similar. Sure they both got circles but one is green with a large vertical column through the middle of it.

Well, that quick kill attempt didn't work lol, it kept breathing fire at me until it turned to you and did all the wrong attacks.

nope wyvern just fucked my shit up

ill be at the bonfire

what are you doing with that enormous sword?

Waiting for strong boys to come wreck Aldrich on PC
pass: bill
At anor londo bonfire.

Do you know not of the glory that is the claymore?

Sign down.

Second thicc lady I met today

Why not get a black knights sword or something?

maybe its the same?

>Get summoned as Darkmoon
>Host backs off when i engage the purple
>hear the sound of black crystal
>sent home by way of blue adherent
Oh come on, why have WoB equipped if you want to 1v1 invaders

Not him but claymore looks cooler, plus can be resined/buffed.

First one was black

Claymore is my baby man. Plus being able to buff it with darkmoon/lightning/dark blade is always welcome, and the 2h r2 being the poke is much more useful than what the bks has.

What it LOOKS like based off the description of Lorian's sword is that he defeated it and it retreated underground, meaning the Demon from Below is the one he beat that retreated into the ground, and there was apparently another one around. After you beat one of them the Chaos flame reignites, and I doubt know what happens after as I never saw the death animation.

>another low SL run at Aldrich
Okay, I don't mind being scaled down to the point where I get two-shotted by those Silver Knights, but could you at least let us know beforehand that you're doing a low SL run please?

>tfw the path of dragons and darkwraith covenants used to be one and the same
>tfw its revealed that the primordial serpents are ancient humans that almost ascended to everlasting dragonhood before deciding to embrace the dark and corrupt the dragon-worshiping pygmies.
>tfw the ringed city fell apart for the same reasons the kingdom of Lothric did: Religious Civil war: This time between the new faith of the Way of White and the corrupted dragonwraiths. This mirriors the conflict in Lothric between the pillars of rule and the angelic cult.
>tfw the Way of White, Velka's Pardoners, the darkwraiths, and the path of dragon covenants can all be traced back to a single church in the ringed city
>tfw the name of the church comes up as Old Londo's Cathedral

So I really enjoy this guys videos and I wanted to share his blighttown video in particular.
youtube.com/watch?v=bPGNmIJ30zY&t=468s
Give it a watch if you have 10 minutes to spare,

So what was going on at the end of 3?
Whats the significance of the flameless firelink shrine?

Do you mean the shrine at the end of the game or the one after Champion Gundyr?

It looks 10x better with Ciaran's armor

>tfw accidently pushed SL to 41
Are my days as a watchdog over?

good video desu senpai

when u fix the framerate blighttown is indeed just one of the games most challenging areas

The former.
I know Campion Gundyr's shrine is some kind of past/alternative shrine that existed before Ludleth decided to link the fire.

>dark chasm of old
>enter via black gulch
>enjoy your 2v1 turtle knight and pyromancer combo, then do it again
>enter via drangleic castle
>hey, remember havel?
>enter via Shaded Woods
>3 thieves you can stunlock to death with zero trouble
And thank god hexers can switch to pyromancy with zero trouble, because my dark weapon was doing fuckall damage to darklurker.

Castle is by far the easiest. Richard's a chump, Havel and Warped Sword Loser can really easily be pushed into holes.

>carim can't be londor
>anor londo can be irithyll though

So the flameless shrine is what can be considered the present. Normal firelink doesn't change despite the world dying and the sun bleeding out. It exists as a bubble of some sort.

Dark Firelink---Fire Linked-------Fire is close to death-------Flameless Shrine--End Of Fire/Linked Again/Usurpation Ends

Normal Firelink exists somewhere between the fire being linked and the flame taking its dying breaths. As the fire dies, everything it birthed begins to collapse as well. Not only do humans revert to hollows, the world itself begins to converge. As the ringed city shows us as well as the kiln, time/space becomes convoluted and kingdoms from ages past are haphazardly sucked together and dragged out of time (as time itself can be thought of as a product of the first flame).

The firelink at the end is collapsing to show the world is on its deathbed. There are no firekeepers, no handmaiden or blacksmth, people all linked to the shrine. The flame is also unlit and only alights due to the inherent strength (flame) the ashen one possesses.

Flameless firelink is just future firelink, far enough into the future that the world collapsing effect parked the kiln of the first flame right outside your doorstep

No lore significance other than that, though that could change with Ringed City

Generic worshipping altar

More realistically probably attempts to paint Friede and kickstart the painting again, but proper flame hadn't been shown to the loli and she just painted Friede on fire. That or previous subjects used to make a new painting were all nuns.

Either way it's not like either are huge news that nobody knew about, faggot

Yeah and when you finally get out and back to firelink, when you finally rest at that bonfire and know that you can move on...it's a very unique feeling. And when I think of meeting gwynevere after OandS, I feel rewarded obviously for OandS and the whole journey there but in particular getting through blighttown.
I know desu just thought it was interesting. When you take the time to just take in and observe the world and all its details, you gain a unique appreciation for it.

If Carim is Londor the why do Eygon and Irina have "of Carim" after their names while Yuria and Yoel have "of Londor" after theirs? And why are the Carim and Londor braille tomes not only different, but so different to the point where Irina likes one and is repulsed by the other?

Kiln is the original world. Every other world is built on top of that dimension. Every time the Flame is lit a new world is crafted to the owner's liking, or the old one is rebuilt. The First Flame is the pilot light of the boiler that keeps the other dimensions powered up. Every time the pilot light starts dying, your world starts falling apart and sucked into the Abyss, which transcends space time and dumps remnants into the Dreg Heap.

Same reason Sulyvahn and crew are from Irithyll and Gwyndolin's from Anor Londo, bud. You're over-complicating it for the sake of your own headcanon.

I was more under the impression that Londor is just new londo.
It follows the naming scheme.

I'm not the same guy. I just don't see the connection between Carim and Londor.

It does. DLC shit and Londor paraphernalia in general imply that Londor is closer to Harvest Valley, though.

Thankfully, you don't have to.

If anything, it's more likely just because of how often Morne, the Archbishop, and the Goddess they serve that Carim will be in DLC2.

this really spoils my focus

Not true because Londor is further down the heap than Firelink Shrine where you fight the Demon Prince, and Harvest Valley is before that.

redpill me on faith

Sullyman is from painted world

>It does. DLC shit and Londor paraphernalia in general imply that Londor is closer to Harvest Valley, though.
Are you implying that Londor is the ringed city? Because I find that unlikely.
Also, Your literally falling through time and space to get to the ringed city. It isn't suppose to be near harvest valley.

>kill dog
>come back

They're both spooky and full of assholes.

Sully isn't from Irithyll.

Y'know despite this point really being hammered home at this point, I'm kind of...scared for the end of dark souls.

(Yes eventually there may be a new one and bandai could get someone else to make one but those scenarios are either far in the future or not really dark Souls.)

I've invested a lot of time into this series and had a lot of pleasure. Knowing we're leaving that behind in favour of something new, something unknown makes me feel weird.

And whilst I'm aware BB is great and so is DeS, there's something special when you have multiple games in a series. A sense of home and familiarity.

I hope from doesn't disappoint with their next stuff.

I'm constantly looking for ways to one up my stupidity, so I came up with a terrible build to follow my one dream of becoming a toxin to this comunity.

Inspired by onlyafro's video, I decided that I'd find a way to poison people in the arena in ds3, tried many ways but I might have found the most obnoxious one. Introducing the tools to spread my toxic love:

1. Any knife infused with poison or inate poison damage
2. Composite bow with poison arrows
3. Poison mist
4. Poison throwing knives
5. The point down gesture (this one is key)

With these tools the strategy is pretty straight foward. Your objective is to poison your opponent, that is your winning condition, even if you lose, you won the metagame of toxicity. Use the composite bow to quickly deal poison damage with the quick shots that you peform after running/rolling attacks, you may also use the quickfire to shoot arrows while the opponent is buffing for increased toxicity. Whenever your opponent comes too close, switchto the knife and pyro glove to use poison mist as a counter measure and then proceed to quickstep histerically towards your opponent like you have rabies and spam R1. If after all this nonsense your opponent isn't intoxicated remember to throw the poison knives to finish the poison buildup and trigger the poison.

Your opponents might try to wise up and eat purple mosses, if they do, remember that you can find their profile and send rude messages complaining about the moss being op and that they are scrubs for using it. For added autenticity for your toxic build, point down at everything: matchs begins, victories, losses, the firekeeper, yourself... whatever you cna think of, point down at it, you need that extra poison that comes from that gesture.

As a bonus, for immersion, you can poison yourself in real life with watever funny looking fungus you find at your house and using dung pies at your character so you start the match intoxicated, ready to intoxicate others.

Hah, I just killed a few mushrooms and they left. I'd rather kill myself desu, and keep the area open to invasions

Pontiff's doll dialogue means Pontiff acknowledges his true place in Irithyll.

>Gwyn gave one of his cities to the Pygmies
>All his cities have the same naming conventions
>The Ringed City is a descriptor, a title, not a name

It sure as fuck is Londor.