>Offline Skilltree Planner
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/
>Offline Build Planner
github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases/
>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

i haven't played this game in forever but i heard there was just a big patch. what is a solo self found build for hardcore that is good for a relatively new player?

found a cloak of flame while leveling, took mom + arctic armour for the funs, I literally stand in breaches and take barely any damage.

I'm tankier than a marauder start with 1500hp by the end of normal

also storm call is fun

ultimate advice here :

if you're new dont play hardcore because you wont get anywhere, dying all the time without experiencing the real content ( merciless and further )

so do yourself a favor, just pick the next guy Earthquake Slayer build, have fun with that in softcore Legacy, and dont ask too many things in here because most people are retarded due to long exposition to chris wilson's nerfs and buffs

have fun

>hand clipping through the blade
People paid for this

fucking streamer RNG

>a
the weapon mtx are weird sometimes, tho that armor set was the only pack worth buying

is it too hard to copypaste the title so it's detected by the filter? fucking retarded OP smdh

>cruel ascendancy
>first area
>gold door

Ascendancy is such a fucking joke. They better change this shit for 3.0.

I don't get why so many people complain. Lab is fine for me, even enjoy it sometime.

It's dull and uninteresting. All you're looking to do is run through as fast as possible but then they put shit in the way so that it purposefully takes more time. It's complete shit and always has been.

Even if you do like it, it's still complete shit because you just run up and to the right on 99.% of rooms. So it's either a waste of time you hate or it's something that could be better but has been left in the dirt since creation.

>run torment leaguestone while leveling because why not
>this quadruple essence rare charges out of nowhere
>dead in less than 2 seconds after spamming all my flasks
hardcore is retarded

>free
>free
>FREE
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>Free
>Free

>hardcore is retarded
indeed. I see all these death due to random mod mix or dc and I dont get why anyone would play hc at the start of a league.

Yeah, they let people use the sword mtx on axes but don't change the character animations to that of a sword.

>run torment leaguestone while leveling because why not
>WOOOOOOOW WHY DID I DIE LMAO

>use league mechanic
>die
>"dude just stop using the league mechanic and just play as if it's standard lmao"

man frost blades is really fun now

is anything as satisfying as shattering more than an screen's worth of trash mobs in one crit?

81% cold pierce as raider and it keeps going up

What if PvP mattered?

>tho that armor set was the only pack worth buying
100% agree, they haven't made a good "Plated Warrior" armor set since and most of the Caster-type stuff looks either mediocre or garbage. Rigwald (not Gore) set is tied up in my honest opinion.
Gold Doors needlessly extend the length of the Labyrinth when all you care about is the straight and narrow. Nobody uses the things in the side areas that make the fights easier when the mechanics are mostly a joke outside Charges and even then, if you dissipate right, it's still not hard and only a problem if you wanna farm Uber Lab.
Normal lab yesterday In Scrub Legacy was a great Labyrinth. 2 rooms, Izaro 1, 3 rooms, but last one's entrance was next to the Trial, Izaro 2, 3 rooms, Izaro 3. No gold doors, side-areas if I wanted them, but no bullshit roundabout paths through 20 rooms, just a straight-shot. Fuck many of the layouts tho.

>do something stupid like CI EB
>die
H-h-hardcore is retarded

Do you use the chain claws and the jewel? How good is your single target? Did DW chain claws FB last league but ignored the cold part and just went with added chaos damage and poison, was good enough to clear on a 4link and use a 6link single target.

>needlessly extend the length of the Labyrinth when all you care about is the straight and narrow
I think the no1 problem with people who hate the labyrinth is that they want to go to fast

I get it, people want to move to the endgame and just get their 2 points, but still its not a great mindset.

PvP has literally never mattered in any ARPG. It's always a complete clusterfuck mess.

The only reason people PvP'd in D2 was because there was nothing else to do.

Alright, when do you guys use all your silver coins?
Just got to level 68/mapping. Now's the time or do some prophecies only open during certain atlas completion or something esoteric?

>got a sick shaped dunes with good rolls going with sextants and leaguestones
>server crashes
>can't enter any of the portals
nice fucking game WILSON

where is my ancient reliquary key

at level 80+ because they're based off your char level (less likely to get shit prophecies at higher level)

its on purpose

Thanks.

Or rather, GGG built up this mindset over their many Leagues and then made a game mechanic that goes whole hog against it in the form of the Labyrinth and many people hate it because it's so different from the game they've come to play and enjoy.
It's by no means bad, just annoying for many. It will be curious to see what happens in 3.0.
I expect the God of Poison, whatever their name was, is going to take up residence in the Labyrinth for A8 and it's gonna be a ruined version of it full of chaos shit and the like. Uber Lab and Uber Ruined Lab now require 3 Trials each.

>finishin up uber izaro
>fps hits 0
>die
>then d/c
nice game chris

Lab is repetitive as fuck and not at all fun outside of opening the chest and getting your ascendancies.

>compare picking two keystones that don't work together to playing the league as it was meant to be played
This is the level of delusion hardcore players live in to play in their league.

Just get 170% increased movespeed and breeze through it.

>game about killing monsters and creating builds
>the content that doesn't promote that is fine

:^)

Aside from a bit more cold pen the single target was unchanged. It is still mechanically a shit single target skill. And skills like it will never do good single target.

Still, I have an SSD and the loading zones... the stupid running. It's dead time, you aren't doing much with it other than grabbing keys or racing through aspirants trials that are not a problem.

It's. SO.
BORING.

Same thing with story mode, even with 10 acts it's going to reach a point where I don't want to see those fucking zones anymore and would preffer a shitty map system on my second character on the league from 1-100

>chain claws
definitely planning on it, currently using mainhand ewar's and a mediocre rapier
>jewel
yes, two of them, 30% More damage is worth it and the added projectile speed + raider + frenzy makes your projectiles hit offscreen
>single target
surprisingly good given my subpar gear, it's no atziri's EQ or anything but acceptable
probably because i'm using daresso's salute which is pretty cheap now

is it just me or is torment complete garbage
am I missing something

3rd times the charm

worth mentioning that it does double the DPS of wild strike on single target with equal links and ele weakness

but the lab promotes different builds

no mod torment is lame
modded torment is good shit

chase the spirits into the bosses and rares if you aren't already

One build.

A movement build with 100%+ movement.

I played a frost blade assassin a bit during essence hc, your single target is always going to be shit because you should scale the projectiles entirely, not the first melee attack.

I used a 4link viper strike for single target.

was using HoI to blow up packs faster.

it was more of a throwaway character and I didnt have much life, its probably better on raider now with its new ascendancy, but yeah single target on frost blades will always be a problem.

so is placement the key to totem survivability or is there gear for that?

Lets say I have curse A on blasphemy and curse B is just self cast

An enemy walks up to me and I use curse B on it.
Does B overwrite A?

you can only have 1 curse at any time by default, there are items and nodes on the tree to increase this limit and apply several curses at the same time

so in your case, no, the blasphemy curse will always be the active one around you

okay with Flurry Gladiator making me want to kill myself, is there an actual okay Gladiator build?

I'd like to actually progress but my friend is already 13 levels ahead at 73 and I really want to map with him

who the heck is mr.happy

In terms of enemy content, Essence is worse. A 4-ghost Rare/Unique can usually be killed.
A 4-Essence Rare cannot be.

Goddamn it. I was hoping that wasnt the case.

Enfeeble VS Flamability for RF builds?

It can easily if you aren't melee. As ranged I think 4 ghosted enemies are harder, since they usually run very, very fast and deal insane damage per hit. Essence rares just spam the screen with aoe and have retarded life. But if you corrupt the 4 essence rare and can't leech from it it's gonna be hard as well.

>4-Essence Rare cannot be killed
Your build's single target fucking sucks.

what?

Spell totem level matters
If that's not enough consider dual curse to help your totems out

RF desperately needs to lower enemy resists since it can't pen and you will from time to time encounter enemies with 150% res.

>Can kill Shaper
>Can't kill 4-Essence Rare
Hmm.

I haven't had any problems with 4 essence rares. I've even killed a couple 5 or 6 essence ones.

You're doing something wrong.

I guess you suck then. How the fuck can't you kill a 4 essence rare but can kill shaper? What kinda wonky cheese build do you have?

This vendor rare, or good for some memebuild?

Post your foils
notice I'm not posting anything, why is this shit so rare I'm already level 90

Is foil Voidheart a thing? I haven't found any good sources of information on what the foils are yet, just have seen eternal orb/IIQ gem/Reach and some scrub uniques. Legacy Voidheart would be nice.

Not him, but yesterday I got a 4 essence 2 spirit cave skitter with shroud walker that moved at like 500% movespeed and was impossible to escape from, some of the mods you can potentially roll on shit makes even weak monsters into fucking ridiculous supermobs.

>Post your foils

yes
just go look at +2 ex relics on poetrade

How was everyone's SSF weekend? I had good luck drops, and bad luck linking. rdy to reroll tbqh.

Yeah, i said further up that movespeed shit from ghosts can fuck you up hard. Essences never give movespeed, so in your example you also got fucked over by the ghosts, the essences just made it an extremely tanky ghost.

dw Ewar's Mirage frost blade is the most fun build I've had since beta

Why are you using a carcass jack in 2.6?

I actually hadn't seen that they had added a relic rarity. So the only one that hasn't been confirmed yet is kaom's heart? I know Vinktars and Rumis have.

>ssfhc
because it dropped.

What's the actual problem? My BF Gladiator is pretty good with cheapo gear.

the stats on carcass are pretty bad though? anyway I regaled a 44 res jewel, somewhat happy with that

Mind droppin your build in the thread? I can't play for another 5 hours cuz I'm at work, but I can remember roughly what I've got

Also whatever cheap gear you've got

frankly if you aren't top 50 hc ssf then you need to fuck off right now

>Strongboxes in area will drop 5 additional Rare items
>Jeweler's box
>Drops random crap that isn't Jewelry/Belts
Why.

>one-handed and two-handed swords are now faster than daggers and rapiers

*fucks off*

I crafted a really shitty ES chest because it dropped as a 5 link and I couldn't be happier
I also alched a random chain belt and got a decent upgrade that was pretty cool

>get monstrous treasure
>forget to take out ambush stone
just fuck my life up
I could really have used that money too, broke as shit, my RNG has been terrible so far this league.

nice, i got mirrored 7% life jewels / area damage jewels.

the carcass is tri res with 70 something life. the +1 radius is something and the area damage is also at least something. got 2 5Ls but wrong base/color

Always sell that, the 5 i did were not once worth it.

i used a lvl 2 rustic into merc because it had 12 reduced flask charges.

So I'm pretty decent at this game in every aspect but resistances. The jump from normal to merc is what really kills me. How is it possible to not only build my resistances but ALSO keep my links and shit I have set up? I always seem to get stuck in this situation where my entire build revolves around a few links that I can't seem to get on newer gear. Should I farm? This is all in HC, by the way.

That mod is pretty insane, 15% red from Arcane Chemistry and a 20% belt is probably one of the biggest impacts 2 stats can have.

So of all the foils to not have available why the fuck did they disable kaom's heart?

a 4 link setup is all you should need on your main skill until maps

craft better rings/amulet
use jewels
use purity of elements
craft a temporary flask of resistance

the truth is, you're fine with 50 all res, as long as you're not stupid and don't rush into damage, capping res is only mandatory for mapping

haku and elreon. going into merc a bit below cap is fine, youll find something.

also jewels, also speccing res on the tree to remove later

wait what, is that confirmed?

Are you sure Kaom's Heart isn't in pool? That seems like the most obvious one to have unlike Vinktard's.

There have been multiple foil vinktars, RotCs, voidhearts, and as far as I'm aware literally every other legacy unique in the game that wasn't retroactively nerfed (Voltaxic, Drillneck).

Cuz fuck u build CI even though losing out on chest sockets is a bigger detriment than CI's alleged drawback.

Get a Bismuth Flask of resistances, maybe even two, that's 65% all res, if you use two you should be able to keep it up 100% of the time you need it.

anyone else noticed some undocumented patch changes?

stone golem seems to benefit from its own regen now or some form of regen as it will heal on its own (i have no minion regen anywhere on tree or gear)

encroaching darkness seems to drop everywhere in maps now

>stone golem seems to benefit from its own regen

it always did

drop rate changes arnt in patch notes

>level 78 and still not a single reliquary key drop
>by the end of the week there'll probably be a patchfix to reduce their drop rate because even the strongest of relics aren't even that rare

nearly 83 no key either, but the bad thing was no zana till 81, that sucked.