What car needs an LS swap the most?

What car needs an LS swap the most?

240SX because the American market version came with a truck motor?
Porsche 924/944/928, so it'll actually work for a change?
RX-7/RX-8 because lol apex seals/notorks but an amazing chassis?
Supra or Skyline to fix the utter JUST-tier weight distribution caused by the boat anchor cast iron inline 6?
Miata because the biggest engine option was a 1.8l or 2.0l, depending on generation?
Maybe a V6 muscle/pony car like a Camaro, Mustang or Firebird to give it the engine it always should've had anyway?

Or maybe something mid-engined, like a Fiero or a Boxster S, to build a proper mid-engined supercar killer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0Mxwt6P5xI
vorshlag.smugmug.com/Projects/BMW-E36-LS1-Beta-Project/Cimg5237/142053457_YfRmL-M.jpg
rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/engine-bay-weights-388361/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nissan GT-R, so that it doesn't BTFO the Corvette anymore.

Assmad GM fangirl detected

nothing needs an LS swap unless you have no skill or imagination

Shut up fag. Just cause you can't handle a real engine doesn't mean nobody else can

Any flat 6 Porsche really. Flat 6's sound horrible and make shit power.

Volvo 240 so it can actually move under its own power

>Flat 6's sound horrible and make shit power.

>when your only defense is a fallacy

lmao

LS swaps are for non car people who dont even like cars and just want to go fast

and catch fire

You heard me. I can walk into a Ford or GM dealership and pick up a crate engine that sounds way the fuck better and makes more power. Go take your plane engine and fuck off.

>it's only fun hen i say it is
why is going fast less valid than muh touge?

its funny because the first V8 was made for planes

liking fun doesnt make you a car enthusiast lmao

You mean go fuck your plane engine and take off.

>literally SCARED of an LS engine
What's it like being a massive pussy?

why would I be scared of an LS when I could build a Honda 4 cylinder that would smoke an LS for less than the price of an LS engine while being more reliable and efficient

with a few simple mods, right?

>while being more reliable
Absolutely not. Putting 50 pounds of boost into a tiny cuck engine is the definition of unreliable. Just admit you're scared of loud noises and fast cars

pretty much

can build a 12 second Honda for under $2,000 these days

this is the most cringey post so far

keep it up

if I was scared of fast cars the LS wouldnt phase me lol

they are one of the worst sounding V8s of all time though so yeah I dont like them for that

>she fell for the "LS sounds bad" meme
Lmao it's not supposed to sound pretty like a violin you fucking faggot. It's supposed to sound disgusting so ladyboys like you stay away from it, which it does perfectly

toyobaru

>its supposed to sound like shit so that means it doesnt sound like shit

lmfao

My 944 was pretty reliable, had one for 2 years before I sold it

>being THIS in denial
Lmao stay mad cuck

>gets proved wrong
>n-no I was r-right
LMFAO EUROPOORS LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH

kek

literally admit the LS sounds like shit

then try real hard damage control to cover it up

its over boys even you guys think it sounds awful

>waaaaaah mommy i want a pretty girly faggot engine waaaaaah

305 turd gens

No american thinks they sound like shit. Unless they hate the sound of bald eagles.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0Mxwt6P5xI

at least I dont admit to liking the eating of shit

>muh no true American

lol no LS is awful

no amount of damage control is fixing the fact that even fans of the engine thinks is sounds bad

My 300zx needs one because lol 158bhp 30 years ago
>Captcha: Gibbs scott

None because LS engines are trash???

Almost any car would benefit from an ls swap, if you want to go fast that is. Have an old jeep that I wouldn't put one in (maybe eventually a detuned 4.8 for that longevity) because it doesn't need 350+ horsepower. I do like my lsx firebird though, and I think more cars could do with this much power.

There are 700+hp naturally aspirated ls family engines now, super cool.

One thing I think needs to happen though is that more people need to test drive v8 engines, I think that would cut down on the misconceptions. My cousin, for example, has a mid 90s Toyota corolla. I think that's great, some people should look out for the environment and I'm sure some people like the few extra mpg a 4cyl gets over a v8. He's always working on it though (just seems to always have problems), and it's tiny and ugly. He can't fathom why someone would want a v8. I try to tell him I'm not worried about gasoline although it's really not that bad, and why wouldn't you want 2-4x the power to cruise with? He's admitted that he's never ridden in a fast car, but that they can't be that much faster. Some people just have the mindset that they can't have fun I suppose.

I don't know. But I really want one in my Miata.

How much am I looking at here ?

are you even old enough to drive

350Z

Old American cars with small blocks.

A lot. But look up Tom's Turbo Garage on youtube. He did a full build with an NB. It's pretty neat.

>I could build a Honda 4 cylinder that would smoke an LS

>240SX because the American market version came with a truck motor?
Yes and no, the 240sx came with a crappy engine but its chassis is better suited for a lighter engine like an SR20 which is not terribly hard to get. LS is not too heavy for it though, just a little heavier than optimal. Something like a 2JZ or RB26 really throws the balance off.

>Porsche 924/944/928, so it'll actually work for a change?
Honestly yes.

>RX-7/RX-8 because lol apex seals/notorks but an amazing chassis?
For FDs and RX-8s the LS swap works, but it's retard tier in the lighter and tiny FB.

>Supra or Skyline to fix the utter JUST-tier weight distribution caused by the boat anchor cast iron inline 6?
This is a great one because it causes enormous avalanches of butthurt and actually does improve weight distribution due to lower CG and smaller length of the engine.

>Miata because the biggest engine option was a 1.8l or 2.0l, depending on generation?
Miatas are so light that it makes more sense to turbo the small I4. They can be impressively fast and well balanced with an LS swap but you have to add weight to the rear too through chassis and subframe reinforcements.

>Maybe a V6 muscle/pony car like a Camaro, Mustang or Firebird to give it the engine it always should've had anyway?
Any Muscle/Pony car without a V8 benefits greatly from an LS swap. Even some wtih V8s benefit greatly because the LS is far lighter than cast iron smallblocks.

Lmao Hondafags try too hard

btfo

why would you want to swap that piece of shit engine into anything?

>RX-7/RX-8 because lol apex seals/notorks but an amazing chassis?
For FDs and RX-8s the LS swap works, but it's retard tier in the lighter and tiny FB

Explain how it works for the FD or RX8.

That's another 200+ lbs of weight in the front for the FD, and 350 lbs for the RX8. Significantly shifts the weight forward and wider too. There's a reason Corvettes handle like shit.

If you can't deal with the simple maintenance of a rotary engine, you shouldn't be a car enthusiast. Period.

>Porsche 924/944/928, so it'll actually work for a change?

I had a 944 for 6 years and daily drove it. The only thing I had fuck up on it was the MAF and two cv joints snapped because I was a moron and didn't launch it properly. Clutch went out because wearable item. I didn't even baby it, I changed the oil maybe twice in the time I owned it and was DDing 30 miles a day.

E36 and E46 M3's are great candidates for an LS2, much more power and reliability.

Shut up gayboy

He's not wrong, a 400hp b18 can be done cheaply, would still be reliable and would be faster than most cars on the road while still getting 34mpg.

But that's just power to weight ratio at work.

But also it would only be faster from a roll, try to race a 500hp+ ls from a dig and you get embarrassed.

this is a free country cuck

No it ain't ya transgemdered wog

IT IS KEK I CAN BE A FAGGOT ON THE INTERNET AS MUCH AS I WANT AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME YOU YUROPOOR KEK ALL YOUR CARS ARE SHIT

The problem folks have with 924/944/968 and also 928 is that a huge number of them wound up poorly maintained and passed on to others with no knowledge and a small budget, compounding the problem. A reasonably sorted example is fine as long as the timing belt and water pump are looked after.

Fuck the dinky water pump studs, though. Those are literally the worst.

>400hp b18
show me this fucking shit.

you're right that it would be at high rev, but I can't even imagine it. give me a picture.

I just realized it's Takumi's engine swap, isn't it?

No wonder everyone was freaking out over it.

Wait no, Takumi's is an inline 6.

show me this fucking 400hp i4 dude. I can't believe it. You'd get 200hp max at 6000 rpm. 4 isn't enough cylinders to get you work over the full length of the camshaft rotation.

>LS is 200 pounds heavier than a 13B REW
>LS is 350 pounds heavier than a RENESIS
>Corvettes handle like shit

Fuck no. Just no. This coming from someone who owned a RX8 for 10 years. RX7's and 8's are great swaps for LS motors. RX7's because fuck building a reliable high hp 13B REW, and RX8's because you can probably pick up a roller with a blown motor for 2 to 3K and have an amazing chassis.

Are you fucking retarded?

>That's another 200+ lbs of weight in the front for the FD, and 350 lbs for the RX8.
Except you're wrong and it has been documented

>If you can't deal with the simple maintenance of a rotary engine, you shouldn't be a car enthusiast. Period.
If you think it's about maintenance and are mad over it you shouldn't be a car enthusiast.

Are you fucking assmad? Lmao

Reading comprehension, kys

>assmad
stay BTFO

What in the fuck are you talking about
Are you retarded? You can build a 600 WHP REW for cheap and reliably with a single turbo and meth injection. You'll spend maybe 10k, which is less than a properly done LS swap.

>someone who owned an RX8 for 10 years
So you've never REALLY modded a car is what you're saying. RX8 would be acceptable MAYBE because the Renesis isn't great. But still know that you're ruining the handling of the car.

Wanna bet? The REW weighs 400 with all accessories and intercooler, and tranny. LS1 is 600 with just engine and tranny. Kill yourself.

And people always say they don't like rotaries because of the maintenance. This is why the FD is so cheap in comparison to the other JDM super cars. I'm glad for that because it outclasses them and costs 1/4 or less of what they do.

??? turbo?

>n-no!!
Stay mad, cuck

>10k ls swap
What in the hell... Just stop posting

>Wanna bet?
Yeah, go read up on some ACTUAL swaps. They weigh the cars and did weight distribution, it didn't change it that much. I win, bye

How about weighing the engines directly? Got a source for your bullshit claims?

LS1 at 609 lbs no accessories
vorshlag.smugmug.com/Projects/BMW-E36-LS1-Beta-Project/Cimg5237/142053457_YfRmL-M.jpg

13B-REW engine weight, each part weighed separately, documented WITH PICTURES: rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/engine-bay-weights-388361/

Your move fuckboy

Wiring harness, ECU, tune, diff, custom or reworked driveshaft, mounts, welding, troubleshooting = not the 500 dollar and an afternoon you were thinking

>10k for some mounts and a diff
You're doing it wrong friend

This, just do a rebuild when you buy second hand and it's questionable. Stick to premix after for a rotary that's just a bliss to drive

Did you read the post? Oh don't forget you have to mount the diff too, and bang out the transmission tunnel (at least on the FC, not sure about other RX7s)

Also clutch, custom exhaust, fuel pump, general rewiring of everything. Even if you do the labour yourself, you'll hit 10k easily.

Fuck, a 240 is WAY easier to swap and it costs 8 grand minimum

This is the answer everyone is looking for.

yes please but also get rid of the t5
i never liked shifting a t5

Also I want to reiterate that swapping an LS into your RX7 WILL ruin the handling. No two ways about that. Even IF they weighed the same, look where to weight now sits with the LS. Way over the front axle and spills into the fenders. The REW sits mid-ship and is very narrow.

So if you swap an LS into an RX7 I'm assuming you're only going to drift it or do highway pulls. Why start with an RX7 then? Why start with a real sportscar with amazing handling? That's what 240s are for

That shit doesn't cost money you stupid fuck. God, what the fuck is wrong with you, doing engine swaps for thousands more than they should cost. Don't tell me you're implying a fucking shop would be doing this

>that shit doesn't cost money
What doesn't?

LS swaps are the cancer of the automotive world.

>swapping an LS into your RX7 WILL ruin the handling
No it won't you stupid fucking nigger. This has been disproven multiple times

You still haven't given me proof of the weight, and now you're claiming this?

Listen to what people say about impression runs. They say it feels like a corvette now. Explain to me how adding 200+ pounds to the FRONT of a car won't ruin the handling. What do you think handling is? Straight line stability on the interstate? Inbred.

Well lookie here. Huh, this doesn't look like 10k to me

Mine has a Borg Warner Super T10, no t5 to remove. I plan on a T56 to go with the LS anyway, a T5 would be blown to smithereens pretty quick by an LS.

Stay salty.

Stop watching RCR and other shitty youtube people. They literally have no idea what they're taking about. I've driven both and the LS CLEARLY ruins the turn-in and balance.

There's a reason the C7 pulls 1g and 1.04 in Z06 form on modern tires, while the FD pulled .98 on skinny 90s tires, and 1g when retested on early 2000s tires on stock skinny rims, and MUCH more on proper modern 285s while weighing 10% less than the Corvette

And having the weight where it counts, instead of the stupid pendulum weight of the C7.

It's not +200lbs once you add in the massive turbo required for the rotary to compete with a truck engine.

This

Because that includes everything you need, totally. That's a harness, mounts, and oil filter relocator.

What about the ecu, diff, driveshaft? The engine itself? What about gauges you'll have to buy, grounding kits, making A/C or P/S work? Fuel pump? You've obviously never done this.

Ok, if you could do ALL the labour yourself (which YOU obviously can't) you can go ahead and shave off 3 grand and say the whole swap will cost you 7000 for 400 horses to the crank. A REW can surpass that to the wheels on stock turbos just by tweaking the boost, buying an ECU and meth injection, which cost a grand total of 1200 altogether, without ruining the handling and exhaust like an LS does. Got an argument now?

You're delusional if you think a rotary can be built as cheap and reliably as a LS V8.

>Because that includes everything you need, totally. That's a harness, mounts, and oil filter relocator.
It literally does you fucking faggot. Look it up. Or don't. End of the day it's clear your afraid of LS engines for some strange reason. Probably a european

?? You can beat a stock LS on stock twins, and adding a single turbo actually removes weight from the REW because its stock manifold is heavy as fuck. Wow, you REALLY don't know what you're talking about, huh?

Sorry that you wasted my time. I thought you actually had an argument somewhere, but I was fucking wrong, just like you are.

Here are two common turbos that are lighter than stock and their potential power outputs on the REW:

>GT35R
450-500
>EFR 8374

Both of these provide a ton of low end in a rotary, the EFR specifically puts out 200+ horsepower at just 3000 rpms. And they will each shave 15 lbs off the engine bay.
>T

>You can beat a stock LS on stock twins
Try doing shit with a turbod ls, bitch

>weight spills into the fenders
Uh, that's nit how weight works. I don't like ls swapped RX7s but if you have even weight on both sides it cancels to mean that your weight balance is still smack in the middle.

>needing TWO turbos to keep up with a truck engine
Hahahahahahaha

I looked at it and listed what the kit comes with. I did my research unlike you
And you're wrong because you only ever hear horror stories about rotaries, and you've never looked into them yourself. If you want reliability, go single turbo. I personally like the sequential setup so I'm upgrading mine with heavy duty custom solenoids and upgraded turbos in stock housings.

You guys should be embarrassed for arguing with a rotary enthusiast who knows what he's talking about, while you learned everything you know about rotaries AND LS engines from forums and youtube.

Underrated

>You guys should be embarrassed for arguing with a rotary enthusiast who knows what he's talking about, while you learned everything you know about rotaries AND LS engines from forums and youtube.
I cringed desu

>people unironically shilling in favour of an LS

top kek!!

Volvo wagons, it makes my pants hard to see a real nicely done swaps.

That's not what I meant. I meant the weight is now wider in comparison. This is bad for handling.

Changing the goalposts now huh? Sure, if you're going for a turbo LS I won't argue with you. But that's a retarded argument. You'll never put that power down and, again, it will be limited to a highway puller, so why the fuck do you need an RX7 for that?

And before you say >btfo rotaries, you can build a 3 rotor to be faster than a turbo LS, but that's not the point AT ALL of the car.

Never thought I'd see this copypasta again

Bruh I shitpost WITH you all the time, why you gotta be such a lone wolf

Anyway, you all lost the argument. Rotaries belong in RX7s and LS swaps belong in other shit. That is, if you're driving the car like it's meant to be driven.

>like it's meant to be driven.
I'll drive it however the fuck I want to, with whatever fucking engine I want. Good god you sound like a mega autist

>weight is now wider
THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS
IF THE WEIGHT IS EVEN, IT CANCELS OUT AND YOUR WEIGHT BALANCE IS STILL IN THE CENTER