You have a dashcam, right Veeky Forums?

You have a dashcam, right Veeky Forums?

for what purpose

If something interesting happens, you can have it on tape.

they're illegal here

Been waiting for this thinkware x500 to come in the mail.

why would a dash camera be illegal...do you live in a dictatorship

Some of the countries occupied by Germany during WWII have super strict privacy laws.

Soon.

>occupied by Germany
for what, 4 years?

You mean by the leftist communist disaster which conducted whole sale spying on its population in each communist state..

Yes, but i never checked to see if it recorded. So when something happened,there was no footage

No because recorded footage doesnt count as evidence in my country

Yes, but I keep forgetting to put it back up and missing things I could have caught because I have to take it down to put my sunshade up

No, what for?

No. I also don't spend all night watching dashcam vids on Youtube.

no, i dont understand why. my roads look boring, why would i want to record THIS?????
for fucks sake most boring video ever

How do these work? Is there flash storage and it just keeps overwriting say like the last 2 hours or so and it's just saved constantly if you need to pull out the storage?

Yes. It keeps writing over old video. You can push a button to protect the video and some will detect a crash on it's own and save the video automatically.

>video evidence isn't evidence
You fucking what mate?

Thanks. Really considering a front and rear for my next vehicle

My cheapo A118C2 has a micro SD slot. Have to put a card in (should meet a certain write speed standard).

It records in 3 min clips (can set to longer) and once the SD card is full it deletes and replaces the oldest video with new.

I get a few hours on my 32gb card at this cameras 1080 resolution. Can upgrade to 64gb if i want to.

There is a save button that protects from writing but last time i used it (on my A118 copy I RMA'd due to bad capacitors) all that got protected was me moving my car and parking after a bus scraped by bumper and folded in my wing mirror.

yes

They're so cheap you may as well.

no
but it's on my list.
especially since may car is gray market i feel like insurance will try to chintz me as much as they can should anything happen
i meant to get one at costco but when i went back they didn't have any

what ones are good?

2/10

is the higher urinal draining into the lower one and leaking out?

i have one but i couldn't figure out how to make it turn on when it turn my car on, start recording, and turn off when i turn off. i might have bought a shit one.

also, would it survive being left hung up in the window in Texas summer heat?

last thing i need is another camera passivly recording what i do, especially in my car

>install dashcam
>press record and forget about it
>if something happens just save the video to watch it later
>if not just turn it off

doubt pressing a button would be so much hassle

nah, been thinking about getting a A119C but im jewy at the moment so i dont want to spend 120$ + 20$(sd card) + tax with my shitty canadian dollarinos

They make cameras on amazon.com for less than 20 usd. If you have a spare cigarette outlet you might as well. It can help prove fault in an accident and capture things.

No point in getting one.

I might get one for my daily just to have funny or interesting shit recorded.
But, it's ugly so I don't want it on any of my fun cars.

No, a janitor tried to seal the urinal off with a bag. Naturally, retards sliced it open and pissed in the bag instead

I bought one for around $150. Have it in my 2002 C5. Always running. Loop recording. Saves clips when it detects an accident. If something cool happens that I want to save, I just thump the cam. No hassle. Have it in case someone decides to drive like a moron around me, then blame it on "the young guy in the sports car". Cops around here will believe them.

Caught 2 consecutive cars running a stop right infront of me

You know, I really should get one. I just moved into a very high populated and busy city with such shitty drivers. I just need a good one, one that can read license plate just fine, good quality the whole 9 yrds. I'm willing to pay the price too.

Yes, it also reduces my insurance

>buy high quality dashcam 1 year ago
>literally nothing worth recording
>sitting in passenger side of friends car 30 minutes ago
>some fuckhead pulled out halfway into the road in front of us without looking and we just missed hitting them

Dammit, that would have made it onto DCOA's next compilation.

Mivue or whatever model Street Guardian uses.

Any recommendations?

Literally wire it to the fuse that's hot on key on. For me it's one of the cig lighter fuses.

And it survives California heat just fine.

No, I have 2.

>have one but i couldn't figure out how to make it turn on when it turn my car on, start recording, and turn off when i turn off.

Only an americunt could be that stupid.

Buy a capacitor model m8. No battery = no meltdown and it auto turns on and off with your car.

you gotta make your ride more interesting