/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

NIGHTMARE SLAIN: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VRw9WyI0ocA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PURGE FILTH

xth for the moonlight

I want Doll to hold me the way Maria held onto the guilt she got from Fishing Hamlet until her eventual suicide

is there anything on earth more moe than the doll clapping for you after certain gestures?

protip: there isn't

Who else will partake?

I just got bloodborne yesterday and I was having a great time until I hit Old Yharnam, then the fun stopped completely. The novelty of a dude shooting at me with a gatling gun was fun at first but then it just become so tedious. I don't understand this area, it just seems BUILT to be as tedious as possible, exploring is horrible because you have to wait like 20 seconds for him to stop firing, to draw aggro of some enemies then run back to cover and fight them, and repeat until everything is dead, the enemies drop very little healing items, which wouldn't be so bad on its own if there was a dude shooting at you making healing off enemies a harder concept, and every time you get shot that's just hp lost with no way to regen it through combat.

To give the best example I can, there is a ladder across from the tower after you cross a bridge under it, I'm trying to get their to hopefully open up a shortcut, so I've killed the hunter in the courtyard and I ran across and hid behind a statue only to notice those annoying ass crow enemies were there, who promptly stunned me out of cover and got me killed by gunfire.

Am I just a shitter? I don't understand why this area is like this.

kek

I don't really have any worthwhile character ideas, but I guess I could do a sinister NG+ playthrough and see how that goes.

I will mostly for invasions

making an arcane build so ill go full rosemarius since I made him named and resemble Adolf

He only shoots for the first 15% of the area, just keep going

>level has an interesting gimmick that puts the player out of their comfort zone and forces them to adapt
>instead of adapting the player gets upset and complains about it on an anonymous image board

You tell me, champ.

>adapt
>run out
>draw aggro
>run back to safe zone
>kill enemy
>repeat
>interesting

There's a ledge you can jump down to at the very start after the first bridge that lets you skip that entire gunning aids section

>the way i do it must be the only possible way to do it!

You can just run past enemies you know? You can out run the Gatling Gun too. Most of the area is out of sight of the shooting so just kill enemies in those areas.

Are you saying there is a different way to get through the gunning sections that's not going out, drawing aggro, then running back to the safe zone...or?

Me.
>tfw finally have a chance to RP as an insane powder keg, chucking molotives and gunning people down
What would be the best area to invade?

Fight the enemies from behind cover you nimrod. Alternatively, run past the enemies and focus on the gunman. Or, you can play like a pussy and complain when you get caught out. Enjoy your spoodfeed.

Old Yharnam, Burgertown if you want constant action though a Keg in there wouldn't make much sense. Maybe Woods.

Is this even a question

>Fight the enemies from behind cover you nimrod.
You mean the "safe zone". huh.

I figured that, but I doubt anyone would have a bell lady down there.

Are you even looking at your surroundings? There's plenty of statues, trees and walls to act as fighting ground cover.

You'd see the part in the first post about how in a specific section they're crow enemies there JUST to knock you out of the cover of your surroundings. But beyond that the fact that most enemies in BB seem to be anti stun lock leads them to well..not getting stun locked and attacking in between my attacks, now normally I'd press the range advantage of this whip-cane but considering the specific spot behind these statues I have to sit it's not feasible here.

Well it's a community thing where lots of co-op is involved so I'm sure you'll get plenty of action almost anywhere. Maidens spawn almost anywhere if someone rings their Beckoning/Sinister bells, and part of the event is killing 2 people before progressing.

A better question is what level should I even be for down there? Maybe like 20-25?

Otogi 2 by FromSoftware:
youtube.com/watch?v=VRw9WyI0ocA
Familar imagery at 1:02

>get summoned to Ludwig via SRRC
>faggot beckoner just waits outside the fog for his buddy

You can't invade people lower than 30. Highest able invade 30s is 43, so try that. You should be able to meet one softcap and have 20-30 Vit, Winter Lanterns gems are good enough unless you went Arcane.

Whoa, bud, tell me what chalice you found Ludwig as a boss in.

>summoned to Ludwig
>via SRRC

Does anyone want to run through the dlc with me?

>he doesn't farm Ludwig in Loran for 36.3% nourishings

Yeah, I'm always up for the DLC.

fug

I remember playing a demo of this, was great fun

Alrighty then, pass is bbg. Ringing at first lamp. I might have to take my leave after luddy though, got stuff to take care of.

I just bought this game I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

what is the luck/resistance stat
any dogs I should be aware of

Endurance, don't go over 20. Base is enough.

Taking this anons advice and going below and facing the horde of red eye enemies all at once, it really shows how nice the combat system of this game is, the lock on is still kinda iffy for big enemies but works pretty great for a group, the combat system is really just amazing defined, being able to take on a group of enemies in a fluid fashion is just fantastic. Combat is just great, being able to fight without healing items is really nice as well

How long does it take to go from 0 to Yharnam Queen?

Can be done in less than a day if you know what you're doing, like 8 hours or so.

what

really?
What about equip load? Are shields viable?

>What about equip load?
Not present in this game, wear and wield what you want
>Are shields viable?
Only against magic and bullets

No equip load, shields are very situational. Bullets and Blade of Mercy are countered by them, there's only 2 and ones in the DLC. That one blocks elemental damage better, the Wooden Shield is for Phys. Stamina regen and consumption is very forgiving in BB, plus stamina Runes can add like 7-9 levels of End. Even bigger weapons do fine at base as long as you use your best Stamina Rune, which work like rings.

Wew. I meant 0 being 0 chalice progress, not just starting the game by the way.

Ok, I'll leave I don't want to get more spoiled than I already am

With an arc build and some experience you can just cheese your way to her in about 8-25 hours.

Yeah basically that much hours, even less if you've gotten the materials from the base game already. If you're doing them at the end of then game you'll steam roll most of them real quick, it'll probably take 5 hours depending how much you struggle and if you're well equipped.

Good luck, have a good one

>finally decide to do DLC area
>wow fookin' hoontahs m8
>suddenly manbeasts
>most just vaguely cower and don't attack
>confusedblackman.jpg
>notice that the hoontahs don't really bother you as long as there are manbeasts for them to attack
>sneak up behind for sweet visceral kills
>realize the moral of the story is being a merciful hunter and not letting the bloodlust get to you
this fuckin' game, man

left a note saying
"have mercy, Hunter,
you must accept man-beast"
did i do good?

You did good, user

Well, that lag was unexpected. Anywho, I think I need to summon you again Segalt.
>Ludwig slightly below half health
>doesn't transition
>confused
>go for a hit, hoping that it would trigger the cutscene
>stomped to death in a corner

Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry about that connection loss. The router got knocked down.
I'll ring again ASAP, m8.

No worries m8, I'll be waiting at the second lamp

Great, I'm ringing too.

Damn I love the pizza cutter with BBP. It was only at +5 doing 500 a hit. Well, thanks for the help Segalt. Sadly, I must depart, so I bid a farewell my friend.

Oh yes, it's a great deal of fun to use against Ludwig. Thanks for having me, m8.

Run, forest, run. Or you like gatling bullets up your ass? Brains, try using them.

4 hours in on my first arc build. I have a +6 fire saw spear with 3 fire gems. Done everything there is to do so far, all quests, all items and all bosses. Even done the first Pthumeru chalice 3 times because the fucker gave me an off-shape. Ive just hit Forbidden Woods lamp now.

Am i making good time? I feel like im wrecking everything.

I've played
>An almost entirely rifle spear character, has 50 skl and high bloodtinge but doesn't use either for other characters
>A str/arc character that uses stake driver, pizza cutter, and hunter tools
>A pure str character I've been using beast claws, kirkhammer, and amy arm on

What should I run as a character for this? Pure BLT or Pure SKL? It seems like those are the only options to play weapons I haven't really before.

Pure skill (+10 blt for Reiter) or arcane with Kos parasite

>tfw just now realized there is no music for the OoK fight

Is this a good thing? I think the lack of music adds to the atmosphere

You might be deaf.

why not BLT? Are chikage and bloodletter kinda boring?

I wouldn't mind trying to run the game through with blades of mercy and saif, though

I dunno if any of you niggers care, but Veeky Forums are writing up a Bloodborne pen and paper RPG. On the one hand, Veeky Forums gets shit done, but on the other, I'm afraid to look because I don't want to see how bad they fucked up the lore.

>why not BLT?
The gem farming will traumatize you forever

New to the game, this masked faggot in the Grand Cathedral is quit literally the most artificial difficulty thing I have ever encountered in a souls game.

>didn't guess my instant gunshot lmao there goes over half your life

What a fucking joke of a design.

Either Pure Blt, 28/50 Str/Blt for big guns or 50/50 Skilltinge.

Bring a shield if you're so worried about getting shot. He's predictable as fuck and easily cheese with poison knives if you lure him down the stairs. Or just git gud and parry.

You could just stick to standard Physical gems you know.

>make post stating I beat OoK for the first time ever by myself
>no one responds

I just want someone to be proud of me

Beat him in NG+

Go to Reddit then.

What is the most effay weapon and attire?

What weapons are even good for pure skl? I'm on my first NG and have done a slight skl build because I'm in love with threddit cane but so far it seems like most weapons are str based. It's actually why I haven't just dumped most of my points into skl.

I'm not gonna look up a fucking cheesing guide on my first time through. This faggot is literally the only thing in this game that has killed me, I have beaten every boss on my first attempt. This feels more like a fucking stat check instead of an actual fight.

Reiterpallasch and Hunter set

Blade of Mercy, Bowblade, Rakuyo, Threaded Cane and Reiterpallasch. Burial Blade, Saif, Saw Spear, Rifle Spear, Church Pick all lean toward Skill but can be used with Heavies on a Strength build with little loss of AR, on a 50/25 Str/Skl they can usually beat a 10/50 build. But 25/50 is optimal for them.

>What weapons are even good for pure skl
Threaded Cane
Burial Blade
Beasthunter Saif
Reiterpallasch
Simon's Bowblade (untricked only)
Blade of Mercy
Rakuyo
Church Pick
All the quality weapons

It kinda is, though the bullets will still hurt at higher levels. Either way, the fight is easy. Getting hit is obviously very punishing.

for early game arc is OP as fuck once you get those fire gems.

it's not like the extra 12% damage or whatever is really that big of a deal. plus it limits you to tricked mode.

>piercing rifle + monocle

AYYYOOOO AYOO

HOL UP

WUZ YOU SAYING

DAT

WE CAN BE SNIPERZ N SHIT!?

I'm proud of you, user, he's a tough fight

Why do all of the raging autists have female characters?

Answered your own question m8

>captcha: cosmos rembang

People have played many characters, what's the point of not trying characters with different faces genders and looks? I don't think anybody would exclusively use a female character anyway r-right?

Waifufags.

Would anyone exclusively use male characters?

I specifically said female characters because many people just choose the default male character, which is fine, but for people who like creating or using characters, why would you limit yourself like that?

Why would I want to be a boy?

Don't forget cainhurst set/ knight set with crown of illusions, uses skill weapon, doesn't salute you, turbo dodge autist, spams eveline when their 1 shot weapon can't land one single hit, doesn't even react when they kill you, and gets visibly salty and cheesier if you beat them before.

Oh yeah, and dyke haircuts.

It pisses me off that the only way to use the monocle is to waste your item slot

So Lucy?

Does anybody else's PS4 randomly shut down in rest mode? Sometimes I come home and it's still on rest mode. Other times it's not and I get the warning system data check you get whenever you turn it off incorrectly.

Yes, me. Girls are stupid.
Also objectively worse voices.