Camaro V6 1LE

>335HP/3400LBS
>Brembo brakes
>6-speed with short shifter
>faster around a track than base Mustang GT, Challenger Hellcat, or 370Z
>acceptable 5.0 second 0-60 time
>great sounding engine with dual-mode exhaust
>only 5k more than a BRZ

Is this the best all-rounder sports car you can buy right now? Is the visibility really that terrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
motortrend.com/cars/fiat/124-spider/2017/chevrolet-camaro-1le-bmw-m2-ford-focus-rs-fiat-124-spider-abarth-porsche-718-boxster-s-toyota-86/
youtu.be/oM9uqtgRLD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The visibility on the last gen camaro was horrific, I would assume it's the same for the newer gen.

Yes the visibility is shit but I would be able to get over that

>buying a v6 camaro

V8 or bust.

sounds like shit
bad visibility
V6 Camaro
Camaro
American V6
ugly as hell
GM
worse than a BRZ with 5 grand put into it

nah

I guess if youre a benchracer who has no where near the talent of the professional drivers settings times with no taste its alright

...but it's a V6...

Seriously, I don't even know why they offer a performance package for the V6.

No enthusiants wants a V6. Only daddy's little girl, or a guy who just wants the look of a camaro and doesn't know what an engine does.

..Or only has a budget of 30k and wants the best bang for his buck. Oh yeah, then he goes for the v6 camaro numbnuts

>sounds like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4

Nothing wrong with a V6 that's faster than any 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen V8 F-body

Absolutely nothing wrong

MUH DIK

>but is a V6!!1!
Where else can you get a performance car for arond 35k that is as fast? No where. Its the best bang for buck new sports car unless you're willing to shell another 7-10k for the SS 1LE

It's still a v6 camaro.

I mean, unless you WANT to look like a soccer mom or a 19 year old who just got their first car.

i think this is amazing V6 package.
Lighter then V8, good sound, good power.
If you cheap neets think 50year old corolla is God's machine, this is best value for the money right now

Is that stock exhaust? Sounds satisfying af

No it's not don't be stupid

Soccer moms get convertible automatic Mustangs, don't kid yourself.

Well it's more of the time an SUV or a crossover, but I see more middle aged mom's in camaros than I do mustangs.

Usually the people driving mustang are in their 50s.

My sister bought as SS. It has the worst visibility of any car I've ever been in. Also
>comparing a brand new model to one that's at the end of it's life
It would be sad if it WASN'T faster than a 370z. They've had 12 years to catch up. Aslo, where are these lap times?

there are people who think this sounds good?

lol

sounds worse than the ancient 350Z

Sounds like a lazy v-6 with a Pep Boys muffler.

>dat horrible raspy flutter under acceleration

Go for it OP my sister loves gf loves hers.

Here. Pulls some pretty good g's.

motortrend.com/cars/fiat/124-spider/2017/chevrolet-camaro-1le-bmw-m2-ford-focus-rs-fiat-124-spider-abarth-porsche-718-boxster-s-toyota-86/

All Streets of Willow lap times are near the bottom of the page.

Soccer moms buy SUVs, 19 year olds can't afford a Camaro unless daddy pays for it or they're still at home. Who cares what some insecure faggot in a 350 IROC thinks of your V6 when you absolutely destroy him in stoplight races AND at the track. "b-but muh V8 sounds better" "b-b-but I paid less!!"

5 second 0-60 is LS1 territory

>that
>sounding great
lel
i'll admit it doesn't sound horrible but great is pushing it

Why do people even mention the 370Z?
It's like two generations behind any other sports car on the market, it genuinely cannot compete.

They still sell it, and people presumably are still buying them.

Shit, you can pay over 45K on a 370Z Nismo. I'm pretty sure this is about as fast or even faster for 10k less. The visibility isn't even much better.

Sounds good compared to a Limp Bizkit song or the sound of nails on a chalkboard

>LS1
20 year old technology is nothing to brag about lmao

>she doesn't like limp bizkit
How does it feel, to be gay

*my sister's gf

Lol there's actually a dyke across the street from me with one

Gracias. Time is okay, but nothing special. It barely beats the focus. Don't think the V-6 is worth it when the V8 is available. And if you can't afford the V-8, why wouldn't you just buy used?

Then he buys a used c6 numbnuts.

My point still stands. The new V6 is as fast or faster than any V8 F-body. So much for muh veeate

Are you LITERALLY braindead? You're comparing a 20 year old car to a brand new one, of course there's a difference

yeah and you can buy a LS1 Camaro for like $6k and build it up to demolish this motorized bunker in every category without touching its price

old vs new doesnt work very well as an argument

Isn't the Focus RS pretty hyped up as being fast? It's quicker than the last gen SS and current R/T Scat Pack, for what it's worth.

You also have to account for insurance and fuel costs when you go for a V8, though I largely agree with you.

>So much for muh veeate
Lol europoors are so easy to trigger. If you can't handle a real engine, why don't you snag a nice prius

The experience is more important than the bench racing specs, and if the buyer wanted to spend 30k he could easily buy a 5th Gen v8

We're talking about new cars numbnuts.

>And if you can't afford the V-8, why wouldn't you just buy used?
This. It's hilarious to watch dumbasses settle for a v6 muscle car just so its not a couple years old

Fast for what it is. A small 4cyl econo car. They never claimed it was "fast" in the supercar sense of the word.

I would consider the camaro if I never wanted to modify it and just leave it alone.

>people in this thread are LITERALLY too fucking stupid to understand that a used v8 is superior to a new v6

this is unbelievable

kek sperg harder pushcuck

MY FUCKING POINT IS THAT THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH V6s WHEN SOME OF THEM ARE FASTER THAN FUCKING V8s. My point is that, no matter how cool your turdgen is, it's fucking slower than the new V6. V8s aren't fucking magical or untouchable. I'm starting to understand why Ford keeps shoving their fucking Ecoboost shit in everything, just to watch you faggots be all butthurt with your "not muh V8" shit

>v6 cucks are THIS triggered
V8>V6. Stay mad

Previous gen v8s are usually slower than current gen v6s

Wrong. V6 Camaros are just now catching up with 20 year old ls1 Cameros. Same with the other two

Did you not read the times here mate?

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 1LE (6M) 01:25.19
2014 Chevrolet SS 01:25.71

It's faster than 3 year old V8's actually

fact: a rumbling V8 gets girls moister than an oyster.

Your twin turbo V6 cuckmobile might be faster more modern piece of technology, but women care not for such information. This is why turbo fags constantly pay a model with big jugs to sit in their nissan skycucks while they fang about.

Kek BTFO

And if you weren't a benchracer you'd understand there's more to a car than a spec sheet. If you're buying a Camaro, you get the v8. 99.99% of owners will never visit that track nor be at the experience level to squeeze full potential out of either car. But 100% will enjoy the roar of the v8 engine more.

>ITT: pushcucks turn the autism up to 11 for maximum damage control
keke. sperg harder pushcucks

Who said anything about turbos?

>buying a car to appease the lesser of the 2 genders
kill yourself you fucking virgin

Mod the 2.0
youtu.be/oM9uqtgRLD0

Holy shit. The cringe is seeping through my screen
>moister than an oyster
OK there Pecos Bill
>women care not for such information
TOOK A WRONG LEFT TURN AT ALB- I MEAN REDDIT

Also V8 engine notes are shit. SHIT. Inline 6 and rotary are the best.

Lol he sure got you triggered lmao

If a V6 in a Camaro is wrong, an overboosted European-tier 2.0 litre that sounds like a vacuum cleaner is downright desecration.

Even the 3800 was loved compared to the Iron Duke.

I feel bad for all men right now. There are people who actually think like this.

Eurokeks are NOT allowed in my thread

>335HP/3400LB

kek so its like a 4th gen ls1 camaro

you can get "muh brembos" off ebay for like $400. CTS-V brembo calipers swap on fbodys stock

>only $5000 more

how about a car that only cost $5000

Why does GM give a 335HP V6 Camaro 275-width rear tires, while FCA gives a 485HP V8 Challenger 245-width rear tires?

Fucking trash. Why don't they use the LF4?

>v8 engine notes are shit

The entire automotive industry disagrees with you lmfao. Stay mad.

Because gm fags can't drive

my ls1 fbody is on 275/40zr rears

perfect for 300-500hp. very good for drifting too

>Inline 6 and rotary are the best.
Opinion literally discarded

my LS1 sounds way better than my brothers 2JZ

your opinion is shit

Ain't mad, just glad to have better taste than you generic sounding fags. The only good V8 is a flat plane crank one with small displacement and a turbo, fuck outta here with your lame ass exhaust notes

Price.

Why get an ATS-V when an SS 1LE is cheaper and faster and has a V8?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL you're kidding right? LS1 has the worst exhaust note out of all V8s, oh god I almost feel bad for your shit taste, but I'm laughing too hard

It's still faster/better than the toyobaru

>waaaaaah mommmyyyyy I want a pretty girl exhaust note
Fuck off

BTFO

No it literally sounds like a truck and I thought everyone KNEW it sounds bad, not badass just bad, but it's hilarious that some people actually like it. It's also funny how that's the only thing LS fags say "oh, it's not a refined exhaust note like a BMW, it's meant to sound mean and badass" well sorry but it just sounds like it belongs on a farm

Chevy fags are inbred as fuck. So are all american car guys.

>but it just sounds like it belongs on a farm
>implying that's not where you'll find 90% of f bodies

>not liking the sound of a vee ate truck

this

>liking the sound of a truck
a v8 belongs in a sedan or a coupe, not in a fucking truck. V

wtf i love prezo now

dang the guy who admitted that LS sounds like shit is still here trying to go against his own word

vee ates sound gay anyway

Assmad GM fangirl detected

BTFO. pushcucks on suicide watch

Camaro is for lap times and handling.

Challenger is for tire smoke and highway pulls.

Kill your sister

>my sister my gf

If you are going to shitpost at least proofread your shit.

>cant decide what is more emasculating
>gf
>sister
what a fag lel

>Shilling in favour of amv6 camaro

I guess GM fangirls are this embarassed about pushrods

Stay mad, cuck

GM cuckfan detected

>namefag
opinion discarded.

This could have been a decent discussion before cancerposters showed up.

Reminder that even though the Camaro SS is only 5k more than the V6 1LE, you still have to pay more for fuel/insurance/tires over its life time. No point in discussing used cars, since people will either always buy used or always buy new.

As for "muscle car purity," the Camaro is more sports car than anything. I wouldn't accept a V6 in a Mustang or Challenger (mainly because those engines are shit) since they are a lot more pony/muscle car than this.

On track, but here in America it's all about straight line speed.

Trucks do sound different, but not bad.