Hatchback thread

For some reason I've been hit with hatchback autism lately and I want one. I've always hated them but suddenly I can't look away. Looking for a Civic SI now.

Opinions on best hatchback?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CbeY9w63b0
youtu.be/Ilj9cI9jbuE?t=191
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Civic SI is a perfect choice
>Thread over

Oh okay. Good thread.

>what time frame
>what budget
>what are you looking for

FWD/AWD: Golf GTI/R. RWD: M135i. Everything else is objectively wrong.

Honestly good luck. Seems like all of these are beaten to shit.

Oh I just wanted to start a general hatchback thread, wasnt necessarily looking for recommendations.

But I'm just looking for a mid used 2000's civic, around $5k for a daily driver that I don't hate. I checked and it's in the sticky. Seems like everyone's recommendation.

The 7th gen Civic Si EP3 hatchback is perfect for that price range. It's the last USDM three door hatch Honda sold.

Ah nice, thanks. I'll refine my search.

More of a wagon, but Impreza/WRX is breddy gud

FYI 7th gen is when they switched from double wishbone to mcstruts. At least the SI kept the LSD.

FWD + mcstrut/open diff is objectively inferior. It'll never pull around corners properly.

Fuck, I had hatchback autism when I was buying my first car and I got the same one as your picture. 1995, peak aesthetics for the civic hatchbacks unless you like the boxy 80's ones.

I had it for 100,000 miles and it never crapped out on me once. I lived near Tahoe and I took down all kinds of dirt roads and snow and never got stuck. Also got 50 MPG on the freeway if I tried. Lots of room in the back with the seats folded down too.

I miss it. You should get one

I'm jealous. That sounds amazing.

EP3s are going for pretty cheap these days.
Consider Focus SVT as well.

if you want a project car get a 5th gen CX or VX with a stick
they should be the lightest versions and would be perfect for a b18 swap

Yeah I abused that thing and it was indestructible. Definitely recommended, good luck with your search

Yeah boi I just bought one yesterday. Stupid reliable, insanely fun, and pretty cheap. Hard to find low mileage examples though.

Thanks.

Damn these are hard to find. Basically none on used car sites near me. There's one about 75 miles away but it has a ton of miles.

How did you find it?

Hatchback vacuum is real tho. Never clean.

god those are ugly though
6th, 5th and 4th look so much better

>RWD: M135i
BMW never sold the 1-series hatchbacks in America. Coupe or convertible only.

There's a 2008 mazda 3 hatchback near me for sale by over with over 200k miles on it for 3800. I don't much about the Mazda 3, is it worth it for a daily driver shitbox? Those miles have me worries

There's a 2008 mazda 3 hatchback near me for sale by owner with just under 200k miles on it for 3800. I don't much about the Mazda 3, is it worth it for a daily driver shitbox? Those miles have me worried.

if you're a poorshit then yeah get a civic si
good luck trying to find one that isn't modded to shit though

if you can afford something nice then you'll be making a huge mistake not getting a golf gti

where from

My brother had a 98 GTI Vr6 that he absolutely loved. It's was 3k with no major issues. He got rid of it two years ago because he got into an outdoorsy phase and bought a Wrangler

>tfw uncurable 3-door hatch autism

Man I can't help it

>Big doors and lots of space for my tall ass
>Decent back seats if needed
>Fold them down and can haul a bedroom
>Fuel efficient but still zippy

They're perfect.

Tbqh I was on the hunt for a miata or old volvo 850r and this just happened to pop up. A local dealership got it as a trade from some old man. It only has 85k on it.

Thoughts on Mini Coopers?

Holy shit nice find.

>tfw civic hatch now 5 door only because of big dumb amerifats
>even VW stopped offering the 2 door golf here last year

Treasure what you have, Shingu. One day all the 3 doors will be gone.

>want 2 door fiesta st hatch
>cant have because murrican

JUST

3 door cooper is cool, but for me, it's the Abarth 500. The best unreliable hot hatch.

youtube.com/watch?v=4CbeY9w63b0

Never ever gonna sell it. Love it just as much as the day I got it. Even more since it's mostly fixed up.

They look so goofy with the extra doors. If niggas want more doors get the Focus.

youtu.be/Ilj9cI9jbuE?t=191

how do I convince my parents to get a Golf instead of a shitty ass Clio-for-the-elderly (Captur)?

Only dodge branded product I'd ever considering buying.

> golf gti

What years?

all
just make sure it was well maintained
i just bought a 17 gti a couple weeks ago
it's so fun

You're tempting me. There's a few decent offers near me.

the guy that fights people from the old top gear daily drives one if that means anything to you
and he can have like any car he wants
just look up reviews for them, you won't be able to find a reason not to get one

I didn't know how badly I wanted this until I realized I couldn't have it

Want to buy this OP? Mine is the blue speed 3, I'll sell it for 10.5k. It's fast and fantastic, I just feel like I can't have any fun where I live unless I'm breaking the law and mass cops are always here.

Way out of my budget m8 but looks breddy gud.

Ah what's your budget? Like 5-7k? If so check out some older GTIs, maybe some gen 1 speed3s but they have weaker suspension than gen 2 and the timing chains can get fucked on them at like 100k if you don't treat it right. You're gonna have a hard time finding a civic SI worth what people are asking for, they're usually the people to do the "I know what I got" shit and ignore all the flaws.

Yeah thats about right. Thanks for the tips. Yeah, already the few Civic Si's I'm seeing are way overpriced. Will just have to be patient for that one.

But I will start looking for GTI's though. This thread has me intrigued.

323 Astina/Protege5 a best

GTX

postan muh old hatch

>what time frane
2015 to now

>what budget
$40,000 USD

>what are you looking for
Manual
4 or 5 doors
Passengers to be really comfortable