Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>Argumentative Australians Edition

Brevious Bread - >44 tonnes
>Don't sign that lease ya dingus
>G'Day mate, how do I get one of those CDLs I hear tell about?
>Easy peasy ya cunt, just go to a community college or private driving school. Wallaby.
>Don't run over the abos
>Truckerfag is busy plotting the next great train robbery
>Bepis friendzoning new Latina Caffiene merchant
>Oilfag upgraded to Western Star, still may be serial killer
>Primefag 1 got doxxed, is bishi skinhead
>Primefag 2 got back injury
>M&Ms got Tesla fever
>EF doesn't understand the concept of seatbelts
>Much like the MAGA train, Freonfag's Pete has no brakes, especially going uphill
>Australian Kenworths are either reliable or unreliable
>Robots are still gay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CGP8t3prH-o
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001THXRP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2/147-8784323-4819614?ie=UTF8&qid=1492379412&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=anti vibration rubber
tiffanysusan.com/tiffany-susan-resume/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Prime: DRIVEN BY THE BEST™

Second for robots suck

Why are you quoting me. Why are you wearing girl jeans. Why is your picture upside down.

>tfw you will never drive a huge ameritruck pulling chassis doubles for containers or swap bodies with 60 tonnes permissible weight in Scandinavia

Pic isn't upside down, I took a weeknd trip to Argentina.

And fuck you, I like these jeans.

When did you become a white guy

Comfy jeans are the best Desu, almost too warm to wear them any.ore though

youtu.be/CGP8t3prH-o

>TFW I have basically the exact same pair of outdoor ready slippers

Bruh, you gotta shrink them cuffs in your jeans. 2" at max.

daily reminder tesla is going to make our roads great again, truckerwagecucks BTFO

>Is just upset that he didn't get referenced in the OP greentext

Why would you want to do that when there are superior Euro trucks available?

Some time last week.

Yeah mang, I need to get moar pairs that fit like this and actually look good. Hard to find comfy jeans that aren't all baggy and look like crap.

I wear shorts at work all week but hate wearing shorts outside of work, even with FL heat. And basketball shorts make people look like bums in public.

Had em rolled because I was walking around with no shoes. Too lazy to roll em back down over the slippers for quick trip to Dunkin

I

>getting baited by an impersonator
>thinking the real prez/o/ would participate in the life failure general

Not enough sleeper space. You can fit a bathroom, a kitchen and a motorcycle garage in an ameritruck so that you don't have to share public bathrooms with Romanians anymore.

As peasant as it sounds at first, I buy all my jeans from Costco. 15 to 17 bucks, they're pretty decent quality, and have Costco's any time, any reason, receiptless return policy.

>Assuming assumptions

>being replaced by a calculator

I got some sleeper space 4u bby

>tfw not qt enough to fake gay marry into the US and go team trucking as the femboi half of the team

>fake gay marry into the US
US doesn't recognise gay marriage, though. Good luck getting immigration to understand it.

The UK does, though. So does canada, IIRC. Although canada will just take truck drivers without issue anyway.

lets pray to god that trump will change that soon

I thought it's a state issue. How the hell can the feds decide whether or not they recognize things that aren't any of their business?

Keep voting democrat and nothing will be a state issue anymore

>implying they're not both the same shit

This is true. I don't think the "Big Federal Gov't vs Small State Gov't" has actually been a thing in a long time. It's no longer about political ideas when it comes to the left, but instead whether or not you think gay black trannies should be able to marry bisexual asian hermaphrodites or not.

I actually meant the Dems and Reps. They're both neoliberal corporate cucks, except that one wants to ban leftie speech and one wants to ban rightie speech.

Would putting Styrofoam under a microwave or audio speakers help with bumps and vibrations? What if I ratchet strapped it to like a 1.5 inch block of Styrofoam?

Serious replies only. I will severely injure anyone who decides to clown around. Thx.

There's this rubbery stuff they make for this exact purpose. Forget exactly what it was called though

Word?

When they build a flawless and inexpensive robot that will get a truck through two foot deep mud and snow on temporary logging and oilfield roads, mount and adjust the full sets of tire chains that are absolutely required for offroad use, correctly spot the truck on worksites that are not standardized in any way, shape, or form, attach the correct temporary piping on non standardized wellheads and pipeline tie-ins, correctly configure the flow path, prime and operate the pressure pumping equipment to fill lines and safely pressure test the piping, analyze the current state of the well to determine possible and correct pump rates and whether it is safe to ignite the burner or not based on said well status, safely ignite the burner and control the air/fuel ratio based on the type of fluid that is being heated, make correct, safe on the fly adjustments to the fluid temperature and burner controls based on fluid type, burner performance, weather conditions and downhole pressures or vacuum, know when to stop the burner to cool it down properly with the remaining amount of fluid, write out an accurate ticket and reverse the whole process to get the equipment back to town safe and in one piece, I'll be worried about my job becoming automated.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001THXRP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2/147-8784323-4819614?ie=UTF8&qid=1492379412&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=anti vibration rubber

Quality post

Oh perfect. Have you tried this?

Repostan'

How does time off work? Some forums and sites I've checked say before a year you'll probably get 1-2 days off every three weeks* , but it goes up slightly past a year since that's the magic number.
What do you guys even do with your money? I
know you essentially have to make trucking your life when you go OTR on a single or heavier, assuming you don't have a carrier that gets you home nightly.
If you're home less than half a week a month, you probably save it. Right? What do you do with it if you have nothing to really do with so little home time? Assuming you even own a home instead of doing the hotel game.
I'm heavily looking into truckan' since I'm not easily disturbed by much and long road hours, shitty pay the first year other fun commodities with trucking don't bother me since it's just the industry. Intending to go hazmat/tanker up in the northern border where it's nice and cold and icy and shitty. I want it to suck. Probably would like to unload my own freight.

Every company has different hometime policies. Generally the more cpm they pay, the less home time.

Thanks, and no I haven't, just giving some suggestions, although in the Q&A, someone refers to using it under an air compressor, so it might be a bit too heavy duty for your purposes.

Triggered indeed

Depends entirely on the company/account.
I've done home every weekend, home every other weekend, and the standard 3 out-3 in. and some companies count a day as 24 hours, so if you get home Friday at noon, they expect you back Monday at noon. Others do calendar days, so if you got home Friday at noon, you'd be expected back Tuesday morning.

Nice buzzword festival, but you're just doing what educated people tell you to. Don't try to make your job sound like something it's not, the gullible kids of Veeky Forums will think it requires an education or a moderate level of skill. It doesn't.

Thanks for the reply. Here's your unironic (you)
Do you shitpost on Veeky Forums from a sleeper laptop or do you phonepost?

No, he's pretty right on that one, there are large amounts of things that robots will have difficulty doing until we achieve sentient AI with full human-like flexibility. And that's at least 400+ years off for the common folk.

Yeah. Looks like its rated for 800lbs per pad.

>You're just following orders man, but I'm different! I'm a hep cat, daddio, I don't let the man tell me what to do!

You, of course are a different breed, a decision maker, a mover and shaker, that's why you're shitposting on an imageboard, fishing for (You)s.

Not my fault you lack self awareness to see you're projecting.

The vast majority of trucking jobs are point A to B, most of which will be done by self driving trucks in a decade. Maybe rolling around in the mud can't be performed by calculators yet, but the job market will be so saturated with truckers vying for the same positions that they might as well be.
Nice selfie.
I'm self employed.

How many dicks a day do you suck?

Good money?

I was thinking about becoming self employed too.

>buttmad Veeky Forums poster thinks he knows enough about autonomous technology and the transport industry to make statements as bold as "most of which will be done by self driving trucks in a decade"
i wonder why airliners still have pilots...

>self employed
literally means "i do basic bitch cash in hand work and its horribly inconsistent", so mowing lawns, or removing malware off a family members computer, or sucking dick in a truck stop
lmao

>Nice selfie
Zozzle.

He learned that from Alphonse

>self employed
>intentionally vague
>I don't want to admit that I am a lease operator

So I'm 20, quickly heading towards 21, and nothing I've ever tried in life worked out, no matter how much effort I put in. Thinking about becoming a trucker (US) because nobody loves me anyway so I'll be alone regardless of whether I'm in a home or a truck cab.

Fucking love semi trucks, don't mind driving for hours and hours, only thing so far that has kept me from being 100% serious about this is I feel like truckers will be replaced with automated vehicles in under 20 years.

Advice? Comments?

i plan on being dead in twenty years so no real loss for me.

Got my two years, so been looking for a better paying jerb. Haven't found any amazing gigs yet, my top two choices so far are
Crete, they got the contract at my local Walmart DC and since I want to end up at Walmart maybe already working at a DC will get my foot in the door more. Unfortunately Crete doesn't seem to be hiring at that location at the moment but I've heard decent things about them and would mind going otr until I can get on there.
The other option is to go to Prime or Scheinder and switch to flatbed or tanker since that's mostly what's in Houston. Do 6 months or so and try to get something better then. Wagoneers is hiring dedicated flatbed between Houston and Edmonton, and that sounds pretty dope.
Or I could stay at my comfy but low paying reefer job.
Wat do?

U better stop m8

You first

>i wonder why airliners still have pilots...
Simple answer, marketing. Most Non-passenger jets are self-piloted. A pilot is required for passenger planes. Idiot.
>self employed literally means "i do basic bitch cash in hand work and its horribly inconsistent"
Maybe to you. Bill Gates, Elon Musk and every other business mogul who built their empire from the ground up would disagree. But i'm sure you're right, as internet access and a keyboard qualifies you as the expert on all things business.
Nope. I was the first to post it. Alphonse steals all of my hilarious quips, I've lost count. He's obsessed with me, as are y/o/u.
kek
no, but I have worked in the oil patch.

>tfw you will never drive a Scania T730 Longline in America, annoying all the American'ts with your superior V8 engine and European efficiency

>I'm just like Bill Gates and Elon Musk guys! Honest! Hey, wait up!

>seriously thinking that any americans give a fuck about uncomfortable, awkward looking european junk

Nice sources for your claims you have there.

kek i thought you were black

>N-No, I invented all the memes!!!

Lol how autistic

>Simple answer, marketing. Most Non-passenger jets are self-piloted. A pilot is required for passenger planes. Idiot.

I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling or legitimately this retarded.

Actually, no. I know for a fact that you're trolling, but I can't tell if you're actually retarded or not

9/11 tricked me into replying

>put in 2 years
>top choices are starter companies
The fuck are you smoking?

I'm open to suggestions. I'm really at a complete loss as to who the next level carriers are.
What's a non starter company that trains in flatbed or tanker?
Crete seems pretty legit, it's like a .14cpm raise if I pull reefer for them, plus the Walmart connection.

You have the legs and entertainment unit of a 60 year old woman.

After I go a quarter million, I'm applying for Ashley. Shit seems legit.

It's not about the color of your skin.

Was going to say this. Trains still have conductors and those Amazon planes still have pilots behind the yoke.

>It's not about the color of your skin.
Thats exactly what a nigger would say, you fucking dirty nigger.

I want to fuck her so bad bros

I suppose you would know, is 60yo pussy the only type you can catch?

>Most Non-passenger jets are self-piloted
like fighter jets? pretty sure they have pilots too

>Elon Musk
lmao, elon musk is "self employed", not the founder and ceo of a billion dollar company

>literally this mad because he mows lawns for spare change
Rolmao

>daily trucking thread
this board couldn't possibly get more reddit

been around longer than you

Shave your legs first, ma'am.

Aw, thank you!

The whole house is interwar, so I've been trying to keep some congruity throughout the interior decorating and overall style of the building. I'm really happy you like the way it turned out!

Take a drive around your home town and look for trucking companies and businesses with trucks around. If you see a few trucks and they're based close to you, give them a call. Small companies tend to treat their drivers better

How is the sound system on trucks in general? About the same quality as cars? Worse? Better?

okay guys. I'm the guy from a few threads ago that applied at Lowes and was immediately offered a position but at a hilariously low pay. I've convinced my fiancée that I'm going to have to do a year or two of OTR before anyone is ever going to take me on for a decent local position that isn't LTL. what are the highest paying companies that will take new drivers? I've got an awesome reference from my instructor and racked up the lowest amount of any of his students, ever, on the final CDL test. I'd really like to do flatbed and don't want to be on a team. other than that I'm not gonna be picky, I just want to put away some money so that my future wife and I can live an okay life. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

never mind that gross mess on the left but who's the blonde?

Where do you live, again?

Lone Tree, CO. Just south of Denver. There are a couple places looking for local drivers in North Denver but they're far enough away that I would spend 3 hours a day commuting in this overcrowded shitshow and at that point I'd rather just do OTR or at least regional, anyway.

I think System is your best bet for OTR flatbed in that area. For local/regional you'll have to do some digging, but System should keep you out west enough for you to be able to talk up drivers from those kinds of companies at shippers in the area.

edit: I just got off their website, and they're advertising CO regional. Might be something to look into.

Some are on par with a decent stock car system, some are pretty low rent.

A couple of Peterbilt 389s I drove in the past had factory subwoofers built in.

A celebrity codriver, basically. She's a stunt driver and driver trainer, as well as having a bunch of other automotive related skills and training.

tiffanysusan.com/tiffany-susan-resume/

I know it would infrastructure intensive. Yet why aren't we doing this in metro areas?

would cut diesel emission pollution and save money for trucking in the long run.

Reminds me of the old bus system in Vancouver.

well shit. I'd seen their trucks before but never remembered the name. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. thank you.

If you build that, you might as well build some tracks underneath it and have a much better and more efficient mode of transportation.

The thing is it can retract the wire coat hanger and do local deliveries off the grid.

Definitely much more efficient, but better? Better is subjective.

As just one example, the kind of monocrop factory farming which sustains modern cities requires millions and millions of acres of spread, for crops which are harvested only 1-3 times per year. To service every field with a branch line that only gets used a few times a year would certainly be possible, but would it be better? f4t

>drinking with two kennworth mechanics yesterday
>say they fucking hate truckers
>new trucks will brick themselves if the oil filter isn't lined up properly

Same reason we don't have trolleys anymore. Diesel engine manufacturers have better lobbyists.

We could have been generating carbon neutral, low pollutant diesel alternatives like DME as a waste product of LFTR nuclear power since the 1960s and avoided every oil and nuclear crisis since then, but we don't live in a rational system. We live in a world bought by the highest bidder.

>DME
Dried Malt Extract

>We live in a world bought by the highest bidder.
Thanks USA!

Nobody is wiling to foot the cost of infrastructure.

Dimethyl Ether. Dump it straight into an egr engine and it has lower emissions than an engine with DPF and SCR.

It's a far older system than America. We've just put it behind different curtains than most.

Neither did anyone want to pay for the interstate highway system, but the military industrial complex saw a use for it, so here we are.

but more than willing to complain about the state of it

>jeans from Costco

They stopped selling the proper faded jeans. Now they have Chinese jeans in California Gold Rush blue.

They suck and fit about 2 inches long. The faded ones fit a bit long too but at least weren't some damned hipster unused color.

Over height loads.