/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Re-Tired Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wkKG4BRMMM?t=15m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=UiD3YJD2RVU
youtube.com/watch?v=s_4qKt6Wr5w
my.mixtape.moe/rmkcsa.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
youtube.com/watch?v=1CZ76Csenow
youtube.com/watch?v=lFC7Aie1t_g
youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs
webmshare.com/rZd4e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nth

first for ADD GMOD TO THE /EGG/ LIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

first for drone weapons are the best

Fourth for Skywanderers death laser swarm missile making deathstar making super-deathstars

Fifth for they can't shoot you with super weapons if you kill thier shit with missiles first.

SEVEWAL TWILLION NUCUWA BOMBS

They can shoot you with missiles if you if you kill their shit with with missile-mounted super weapons first.

That is surely not the best example of moving parts from that anime.

youtu.be/6wkKG4BRMMM?t=15m10s

also an argument for missiles > death lasers

Its always bothered me that nobody actually made it transparent.

>Visual CLANG
Leave it that way, it's perfect.

>gmod missing
What the fug, didn't even notice that someone removed it. My bad

i wonder why nobody did that

What if their superweapons ARE missiles. Checkmate, knigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=UiD3YJD2RVU
culinary engineering

puff guns should be weaponized (lead balls heated to extreme heats

gmod serb when

3 words...peer to peer

>what is heated shot circa late 1500s

Ur retarded.

Foodtorio
youtube.com/watch?v=s_4qKt6Wr5w
>Optimized expenses

but the puff gun could be upgraded to modern materials and it could reach insane velocitys

>implying HEAT isn't the solution

But do I tip the robot arm?

Tonight on /egg/
Chroma keying is hard if you smear a spengie in vaseline

>implying weaponized puff guns would be used against tanks

>Finally want to play /egg/ game
>Have to get up early to do volunteer shit for poor old people
Piss

Do locked rotors stay stable in high-speed travel in spengies multiplayer?

is this allowed here, or only engineering games.

Agdg is on another thread, but if you can build something in that, it'll count close enough.

ok, i won't shill here.

i might add physics based biped creation but that's a long way off.

>i might add physics based biped creation but that's a long way off
See you when you do and the game is playable

Hey guys. Checking in. Is Space Engineers still crap? Anyone had any feedback on the performance of Space Engineers playing on a computer equipped with an AMD Ryzen processor?

Rasin won't save you from clang

I hope you're not using Unity.

Why?

>ok, i won't shill here.
I mean, go nuts, as long as there's possibly something you can build in the game. That animation system is neat as fuck.

>cockpit in the love sausage clangs TWICE
>while stationary

>AMD Ryzen processor?
Imagine a 4370k, except slightly worse and the drivers don't support it for shit yet.

The AMD meme needs to die, its getting out of hand.

Can you create your own character and fit them with armor and shit? Is it multiplayer? There's a lot of possible neat shit here. Bioclang has been a dream for a long time.

Can you create your own custom creature, non humanoid?

How did you accomplish that animation?

I don't understand the raisin meme. Why are people hyped for inexpensive processors that suck?

Competition is the reasonable awnser. "CHEAP V A L U E PROCESSORS" is the incorrect one.

As long as intel can't sell their shit for 400% reasonable prices, I'm all for AMD being retarded in the corner.

Oh man, Farmers are absurd.

AMD needs to step it up to threaten Intel so their prices go down. Doubt we'll see it this decade

Doubt we'll see it ever. I'm honestly shocked they still exist. Intel has R&D funding/development time like /egg/ has bad ideas.

What exactly has kept them alive until now? Console chips?

Consoles. It's why AMD goes on and on about integrated being the future. KEK. No one can buy AMD or all the agreements between nvidia/intel are void I think?

I'm willing to bet it's because at least three governments are about three nanometers away from calling them a monopoly and fragmenting the whole company.

There's litterally no other reason that makes sense.

>wen u remove rotors but she still clangin'

my.mixtape.moe/rmkcsa.webm

Machinecraft best /egg/

>can't see shit
>horrifically ugly
>totally pointless everything

What exactly is it best in?

I think CLANG just claimed an entire console
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

I bet Keen was behind this

Given that you just described three of the five defining traits of an /egg/ game, I'd say it's best in /egg/.

someone made an abacus

What are the other two?

>2:00
It's trying to communicate.

beeg mech ork wud liek

Shit devs and fuckawful netcode.

>tfw at how that guy at 8:15 holds the joystick

Five for five then.

Don't be so harsh
CLANG clearly claimed his mind as it's own and caused him to have a stroke.

I've seen some of your stuff in /agdg/, looks like it'll be pretty neat once it's polished.

I'm fapping to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CZ76Csenow

I lurked in the past couple of threads because I recently got into Besiege and I've been wondering. What is CLANG exactly?
pls no bully

Those animations are very pretty. Shame they're magic and you can't actually fall over. 0/10, might as well play armored core.

Started as a joke. Space engineers had a bug where everyone on the server would hear a CLANGCLANGCLANG moments before something went very wrong with the physics.

Its now a religious mantra and also short hand for something fucking up spectacularly.

Everythingness and nothingness combined that create true chaos.
Not a god, but something more.

CLANG is the sound the physics engine makes when something is going wrong.

Clang means collisions in physics going bad, or about to go bad.
The 1st clang was the sound made by metal in gmod, then was a sound in corneroids, and then was ported into spengies, and them reddit took over, E-celebs like meowcaptain and shit spammed the shit out of it in Xoc's streams, then reddit took over.

What is Clang
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

youtube.com/watch?v=lFC7Aie1t_g

Clang is the sacred wheel axle, the blessed rotor and the holy piston. Wherever those three shall meet, in body or spirit, catastrophic existence failure occurs. Accompanied by a characteristic sound. CLANG

Meta as fuck. Thanks guys.

Also this general is chill and you guys are pretty helpful, I think I'll enjoy it here.

>the current year
>buying consoles

As long as you talk about litterally anything even slightly vaguely related to engineering, or not, but at least eventually return to topic, you'll do well here.

Welcome to ded.

/egg/ requires shitposts to survive.

Don't fall for space lego meme now

Say no more senpai

?

>CLANG irl

youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

That takes me back. I updeded something for you fags

webmshare.com/rZd4e

I'm squinting as hard as I can but can't see the license plates on the cars.
But I bet this is romania. I've been there a couple of times, you can easily see stuff like this there.
>Dacia without wheels put on top a horse-carriage, gyppo waving proudly out of it
>dude sitting in a wheelchair, propelling himself forward with his completely working legs
Country is fun as fuck.

Current state of the monstrosity

Control cams for all the calculating/register shifting functions is in. I also want to add a function that erases all registers, because doing an addition that overflows buggers up the next one.
e.g. 10000000 + 10000000, the result is 00000000, with the carry stored in the adder which will foul up the next operation.

It'll be annoying though, since some of the memory latches are at different orientations to eachother.

Russian roadsigns, also romania doesn't have asphalt

also, dashcams are very russian

He knows no lands or borders

>Someone not only saved my shitpost, but reposted it

I love you senpai :^)

Have a shitpost for your shitpost

Fucken saved

This is reddit """"circlejerk"""" tier

>circlejerking

That's not how you hold a gun.