pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Patch, Bretonnia and Isabella are out

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

I saw a vision of Gilles le Breton.
He told me you were a faggot.

My enemies are many, my equals are none

In the shade of living trees they said Athel Loren could never be conquered

In the land of vampires and necromancers, they said Sylvania could never be humbled

In the realm of chaos and snow, they said Norsca could never be tamed

Now they say nothing, they fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in chivalry and death

I say, I am Louen Leoncoeur! I am King of Brettonia!

Are there any good empire unit mods that are compatible with the 150%+ unit up-size mod?

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

someone chivalrous user shoop taytay as the feet enchantress

How do I set up ambushes? I set up some juicy bait army behind my main force and the AI just never goes for it.

GOBBOS

If you kill the crew of an enemy artillery piece of the same race without destroying any of the artillery pieces themselves, you have a chance of capturing it for your own use as long as you have an open slot in your army

Do the von carsteins benefit from the DLC shit?

WAAAAAAGH

how about you fuck off back to b

yes

Attrition fucks anyone up trying to fuck you.

Don't bother, the AI can always see you.

Is this real?

No way, I have done tons of successful ambushes, it's pretty easy to predict AI's path, just watch out for nearby heroes when positioning your lord

No, i've cucked many an AI army by scheming up an ambush.

>How do I deal with these armies who just keep running in circles around my province?
>set up ambushes
>How do I set up ambushes?
>you can't

Should I ditch out swordsmen and just use free company? They seem to hold up on a fight really well.

Alright lads, playing Himyar in attila, but I can't decide if I want to stay Jewish or go back to Semitic Paganism

Semitic Paganism
>better units (Almaqah's lancers are the heaviest cav unit in a game revolving around impact damage)
>worse city chain
>ok town chain (doesn't cost food)
>Better passive

Judaism
>memes
>Better City chain
>good town chain (+sanitation w/o costing money unlike qanats)
>terrible units (2 bizarre units with weird stats and no niche and a useless shock infantry unit)

for user in the last thread

Swordsmen make a much better early game hammer than Free company. Free company are still ranged primarily and will get crushed by anything that Swordies could hold up against.

Only one answer.

If you intend to autoresolve or it's very early in the game (ie your stack is not full / lacking core units) yes, if not no

>tried skarsnik, as that rolling pic told me to
>can't beat a medium sized blob of T1 dorf units (the one you are supposed to beat to capture your sarting region) with my shitty gobbos
Wat do? Should I just be spamming the nasty skulkers?
Also I guess I wasted too much time hiring shitty gobbos instead of charging straight for the dorf hold through underway, maybe then I'd be able to utilize my arachnorok spider better.

You had me at memes

So many arrows ._.

Is it better to use swords as hammers instead of spearmen? I'm new to the game, sorry if the question is stupid, I just saw that spearmen have more melee defence and used them.

>spamming the nasty skulkers
Yes, also get rid of archers & cav archers.

Is there a mod to make AI more likely to re-colonize?

Here's the Real Facts
If you aren't hidden, the AI knows exactly where you are, regardless of their line of sight. They can be across the world and still know exactly where you are
If you ARE hidden, then the AI completely forgets your army ever existed, and will happily traipse right over your ambushes every time

>Turn 60 in my bretonnia campaign
>Empire hasn't fully confederated its starting area yet

really the main debate is inbetween spearmen w/ shields or swordsmen

AI colonizes more often or something like that on the workshop, it's often in top downloads

I prefer swordsmen.

I have no mechanical reason why, I just like how they shout 'SWORDSMEN!' over Spearmens 'SPEARMEN!'

Why do I love Durthu so much?

ROLLAN

C'mon Skarsnik. I feel the need to scheme

they are the trve romans of the warhammer world

Cause you're a cheesy faggot who most likely summons a full party of ghosts in dark souls

A SCHEME WORTHY OF SKARSNIK!

Schemin

What mod is that that adds dismounted knights of the blazing sun? Goddamn i love their design but they are such a pain in the ass to get in campaign.

>Butthurt invaderfag

You fucking wizard

So now Steel Faith has been released.

Time to see what all the commotion is about.

rollan for next campaign, fuck Bretonnia

Those infantry units look pretty cool though

Swords units are always better against infantry, because spears counter cavalry.

How the fr*ck should I deal with this sort of Wood Elf deerfuckery?
Even Bestigors with their 100 armour were still shot to pieces quite quickly
I figure Centigors would get shot to pieces just as much, but maybe they'll at least be able to close in and tie up enemies.... even then, would Great Weapons Centigors be able to deal with Welf Melee Cav?
Some kind of dog and Centigor-centric army maybe?

Or perhaps it's just a raw numbers thing, I only fielded that one army, the other two lords were loners (hired recently, still developing their buildings).

>enemy army comes up to your borders
>it has two different settlements it could take
>only have one army
>can only defend one
>no matter what i lose

Bestigors are poop for their cost, you need some centigors / chariots

Alright, what are some tricks for this git?

Hit 'em from the front. While doing that, also hit 'em from the side.

Don't overlook squig hoppers, spam nasty skulkers and get rid of dem gobbo archers if you intend to take on the dwarves early on, stay away from belegar or his ghosts are gonna cuck you, even with the spider. Spider rider archers and spider rider cav are pretty efficient and cheap, not worth getting the wolves instead of em

I went in on the Bestigor investment figuring they'd be good wall fighters... then remembered that Beastmen sieges really don't involve much wallfighting. Won't really miss em, though they look pretty cool.
I'm honestly terrible at microing chariots, but I'll give it a go, Centigors and Chariots, C&C, choo choo pootrain straight to elf city baby

>chariots
>keeping up with deer

LMAO

Ancient Empires when?

I miss the ancient empires countdown meme

any tips on fighting chaos as dwarfs?

Shoot them.

I want to see how you deal against the vampires later on.

It must be a fucking nightmare.

Dwarves? Really? They';re the easiest race in the game, just sit still and let them come to you, auto win.

>Peace with the dwarfs

Arachnarok spam, you can easily sustain a doom stack with skarsnik cause your side armies are gonna be cheap as fuck.

I never understood these techs for the empires of sand factions, iirc it doesn't matter what your religion is as you can research all of them no matter what religion you are, so idk what CA was going for with them

>Better early game hammer for the empire
>Swordsmen

?? If you said Flagellants, that would be true. But Swordsmen are completely an anvil, that holds up marginally better than spearmen and comes with a shield unlike base spearmen. Two xbow men, 2 free companys, and musketeer is a great range distribution for empire early game as Franz that can get you along until you capture nearby territories like Nuln.

CA is full of vacuous reactionary Lib Dems and Young Tories who whinge about "revisionism", they don't have any fucking clue about Trve History or how to represent it

Fuck. I think this Chaos invasion may actually be campaign-endingly dangerous. Since Empire got wrecked by second wave of chaos (and Skarsnik being sneaky) they never bothered reclaiming towns in Reikland, as a result they only control Altdorf, artillery building being the only unit producing one there.
Hochland is my vassal, but it's also getting wrecked. And unless these chaos stacks separate ASAP it will be impossible for me to take them on.
Right now all 8 chaos stacks eradicate one province at a time without ever going far away from each other.

>want to play Vamps
>already did a game with Vlad months ago
>now I want to take his new faction for a spin but I also want to play with mannlet

what a quality response

>giving up while The Lady protects you

UNCHIVALROUS

Millions of Gobbos, hit your enemies from all sides

creating a pseudo-historical game where "barbarians" can overrun Rome but can't build aqueducts because reasons is immensely retarded and can only be explained by invoking crypto-racism on the part of the devs

>Develope Christianity
>can no longer build toilets

Does anyone have an attila rollchart?

I'm not giving up, just slightly surprised that the Chaos invasion actually amounted to something dangerous.
And those dummies did start to separate. Kholek will be the first one to get fucked by Silvaron and Beakie.

D E S I G N A T E D

no joke only a dogmatic love of Gibbon can justify this idiocy, if these retards read some Croix or whatever they'd make better games

like literally, Paradox games integrate a certain degree of a Marxian understanding of the world, but can hardly be considered "Marxist" and their fans even less so
no reason for CA to pull this dumb shit

>designated shitting keep, m'lord

Here's one for you

1-9 - ROME
0 - Purple Not-ROME

>tfw no Vicky Total War

>start game as himyar/lakhmids/axum/white huns/tanukhids
>sassanid vassals all defensive and reliable, admiring empires
>start game as sassanids
>all vassals rebellious/hate empires

here ya're

thanks senpai, rollin

everytime
only thing worse is the family having awful wives and constantly rolling retarded inbred agents

well shit i guess i could give this one a roll, too

Rollin'

well shit i guess it's time to be kangz

anything but mountain jews

>constantly rolling retarded inbred agents

I'm fairly certain this is hardcoded into attila, you would think that the people doing interviews for the various interview positions wouldn't let a bunch of Charles II looking morons get the job, but apparently they aren't paid enough for that

I even made it easy for you, but you have irredeemably bad luck apparently.

They had a full stack coming down just as I was mopping up the ded gits with my broken ass half-army.

I'm gonna get em next, real sneaky like. Stunties fink just cause we ain't smashin em now that it's gonna stay that way. Well it ain't

>battle pilgrims only take one (1) turn to recruit from encamp stance

ENDLESS CRUSADE FOR THE LADY

based vampire dad

Isn't there another version of this, where there are hardmode instructions on campaign goals? Like Becoming the Jewts, migrating to Egypt as the Alamans, etc.

no joke i rolled 4 retarded spies in a row with the worst possible trait, the -3 cunning one. like they're literally too retarded to stab someone or set fire to a building, the latter of which makes zero sense seeing as every second arsonist is a mentally retarded kid with a sexual attraction to fire

dude you just curated my whole fucking life

they must be really hate the greeks to come all the way down here