Wtf I love Islam now

wtf I love Islam now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_philosophers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_philosophers

forgot link, lol

He was persecuted by muslims tho

>most or all of the great thinkers in Islam focused their work on interpreting the Qu'ran to be compatible with the Greeks

Really makes you think.

>averroes

Literally the second most based Muslim philosopher after Avicenna

>Not Ibn Ghazali.

Fuck off

Do Muslims care about Averroes and Avicenna, though?

This

So... like Christian philosophers?

Didnt avicenna disagree with aristoteles tho?

Averroes is about ten thousand times more influential on Christian theology than on Muslim theology. In contemporary Muslim theology, he is completely irrelevant, whereas he invented the Scholasticism used by Aquinas.

Not really. Some love them, some hate their guts, the majority does not know who they even are or does not care. Thank Ghazalli and Ibn Taymiyya for that.

Ghazali might have screwed the rationalism of Islamic theology, but he was actually a top notch thinker. Basically the Hume of Islamic theology, except he was so convincing he completely demolished pursuit of rationalist thought.

Yeah, I don't hate him, but don't dickride him either. I did not like how he treated the philosophers and the whole Alewi genocide thing.

He treated the philosophers no worst than Hume or Nietzsche did.

Religion was ideology back then. Advocating genocide of the Alawites was no worse than any other massacre over ideology.

>implying averroes was muslim

You clearly didn't read him, and the muslims burned his books and they are now only avalaible in Latin and Hebrew.

Thus, wtf i hate islam now

He was pretty Muslim. He even wrote whole books on exploring Islamic law, the differences between various schools, and also served as an Islamic judge. His books are available in Arabic, it's just the few related to philosophy that became more popular than all his other books and which flooded into Europe.

Also, the 'Muslims' that burned his books were a heterodox sect not unlike the Wahhabis today.

So Saudi Arabia's Islam is considered heretical?

yes

How?

It's definitely a new ideology, but heresy is subjective obviously.

he got btfo so hard by ghazali he bacame irrelevant in islamic world

Persian Muslims were always based though. OP

he was doomed to be btfo anyway

Muslims aren't smart enough to understand his commentaries, and they aren't knowledgeable enough to understand how he pursued the work of Alexander of Aphrodisias and John Philoponus
Hell i don't even think they know of their name

I'm going to select him as the topic for my research paper.

Any good sources/anecdotes/ect to contribute?

Yes and that worked out well for them didn't it?

Islamic philosophy and theology has progressed surprisingly little since Ghazali. It's like if we were completely stuck on Aquinas.

Same way they view everyone other denomination as 'heretic'.

Mutazilites pls come back ;(

>Mutazilites

What actually happened to them?

Averroes was born 15 years after Al-Ghazali died.