What did Mazda mean by this?

What did Mazda mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsguide.com.au/car-news/mazda-recalls-22-million-cars-over-rust-risk-45587
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>keep salt from winter on your car
>never wash it off for years

gee, where does all the rust come from??

>Canada

t. Californian faggot

I heard that salt doesn't do much below freezing. It's only above freezing the salt eats away the metal. Is that true?

Canada does this to all cars m8.
Why you hatin?

cut cost using cheap early 2000s chinese steel

OP IS SUPRISED THAT 14-15 YEAR OLD CARS HAVE RUST AROUND THE WHEEL WELL AND ON THE UNDERBODY

WHOA WHO KNEW

T. Mad Mazda3 owner

>T.
>>>/reddit/

omg I hate mazda now

My 2009 Mazda 3 doesn't have any rust. Neither does my 2006 Toyota Tundra.

Why do people that live where they salt the roads bother buying cars?

Where's my rust? Do I have the rare, all body blue rust? It's almost like if you wash your car it protects the paint??

I also have zero rust.
And have never seen rust on a mazda in my area unless its from the 70s or early 80s and has a million miles.

Funny how I never see that on Mazda's down here, maybe has to do living in shitty states that salt their roads for no good reason?

Electrolysis only occurs when water can be used as a solution. So yes.

>his car doesn't have dynamic weight reduction

My that shit is happy as fuck.

>this

salt a shit

paint pretty much gone for the last 10 years, pretty much 0 rust

People wash their Kia's and Hyundai's maybe once a year if that and even they don't rust that bad... I've heard even 2014+ Mazda's rust like a motherfucker.

It was pretty much solved by 2009.

I live in New Zealand, Auckland
We dont salt the roads, dont have winters where it snows etc...

Anything Japanese thats more than ~10 years old is fucken full of rust - including trucks, diggers, loaders etc...

Its just shit Japanese steel and paint - If you go and get a late 80's Euro car it will be rust free apart from where water sits in sills - while a 80's Jap crap will have rust fucken everywhere.

Mitsubishi's dont seem to rust as bad though, Toyota's are the worst.

>willingly living in some sub zero shit hole where they put salt on the road
top kek you hardly even see shit like that in coastal towns.

stop living where you can't have things

>t. posted from my $1500 a month 90ft2 apartment

holy fucking shit, I had a 2003 Mazda Protege5 I bought off of this chick for $500, rusted to fucking hell, I ended up selling it to some dude hick for $700. Its most likely in the junk yard by now

another pic

Really it depends on the climate. My 323F has very little rust because it was in south germany for 13 years and has seen only 1 harsh winter since i brought it here. Take care of your cars. Rust prevention is no different than other preventive maintenance like fluid changes.

Mate... It doesn't happen at all here in Australia. Even the old 323s are running pretty damn good over here.

Take care of your goddamn car!

":)))))) ARE YOU READY TO TORQUE STEER SENPAI!?!?!"

I had a blue one. The fucking rear bumper mounts had rusted to shit so it was all loose and floppy. Those cars are just fucking rust machines

>My 2009 Mazda 3 doesn't have any rust.
must be nice

mine has surface rust everywhere underneath from the previous owner. I mean that's how I cut down the cost of the car but still, it makes me want to just replace the car entirely after a few more years.

Their clear coats are also extremely thin. Be wary of clear failure.

Even if a car does rust, can't you eventually make it be rustproofed "forever" with proper maintenance? I'm just wondering how viable it is to keep a nice car clean even if you winter-drive it.

the only issue being that you still need to undercoat the car because the protective layer is not durable

>his car doesn't have natural dynamic weight reduction with "low forest" dynamic springs lowering system
ftfy

FUCK OFF MAZDA SCUM

>japanese car
>winter

If you own a Mazda, you have to submerge it in wax at least once a year.

>make it be rustproofed "forever" with proper maintenance?

If you are extremely anal retentive, then I guess so. Even if you constantly repair paint chips and inspect the underside, the rust could still eat the car from the inside out, even when rustproofed.

The most fucked up things I`ve seen are the pillars starting to rust from the inside out on some cars. That shit just aint worth fixing.

Jap Scrap, MK3 VW, and DaimlerChrysler Mercedes seem to have exceptionally shit rust prevention.

I don't get how they could make it so badly. Even if you don't rustproof your car most now make it out of very rust resistant galvanized metal or with factory rust proof coating that lasts the life of the car.

I've seen 2006 corollas with zero rust in canada with canadian salty roads in winter.

>Front plate
> 8 MPG

Funny.

>He doesn't use rust-eze.

As an Australian this sort shit looks so fucking Alien, I mean you simply don't see rust on cars like that unless they've been sitting in a paddock for 50 years and like 90% of that era Mazda still look almost new here.

Interestingly when I was living in Japan they did an amazing job of rust proofing cars, I had a crappy little Daihatsu that was more than 20 years old and even it had minimal rust because the previous owners had rust treated the shit out of the undercarriage etc

That's why you buy skoda/volkswagen

>Skoda

We're not all from Eastern Bloc countries user.

>Country full of second hand imports from Japan where winter totally fucks cars are rusty

Gee, I wonder why.

Even with the rust I'd still take Mazda over vag shit.

this

here in south europe i never saw a japanese car rusting

Aloit of manufacturers cut corners in the late 90's moving into the 00's because the auto industry was not doing well those years. Nissans, Subaru, Hyundai, most US brands, all used cheap paint, even cheaper clear coat, no undercoating(huge mark up for dealers to do this), and the cheapest chinese steel they could get their hands on.

Its not the 90s anymore and all the rustproofing was reserved for Audi anyway. Modern vags have terrible paint.

Hi Colin

But Japanese cars were always more rust prone (not even going to mention old Korean cars). This has only changed as of late, I think. Modern water based paints are more likely to chip though, so I assume they have to compensate for that elsewhere.

>Live in Arizona
>1993 Honda Passport, known for frame rot
>frame is solid with minor surface rust
>meanwhile brother in Wisconsin had to weld on support to the frame of his 2012 chevy 1500

I live in an area where every single 10+ years old car has severe rust issues. But then pic related is out 6 months a year.

>I've heard even 2014+ Mazda's rust like a motherfucker.
No, you haven't heard that. Why are you making this up? Rust hasn't been a problem since the first gen mazda3

carsguide.com.au/car-news/mazda-recalls-22-million-cars-over-rust-risk-45587

They don't even survive in rust free Ausfailia... Now imagine places with salt and winter temperature swings.

Mazda started using recycled metal on car bodies 15 years ago

>i-it's not just Mazda

Mazda fangirls BTFO! Kek!

Haven't seen post 2012- mazda's with rust, so they probably fixed it a bit. Still (I think not only in poorland):
>Hey look at theese Mazda's, they rust like hell.
>Oh look it's nice looking one, more expensive from others similar M3's.
>Sealing rust-prone places cost about 50-100$ yearly (epoxy for underbody, wax-based spray for trunk, doors etc.), swapping wheel arches for 200$ every 5-6 years maybe.
>Better put muh crappy audio for 1000$ or do Performance boost by 5HP for 500$
>Oh look it's rusting, gotta sell it before it gets worse
>Repeat

How fucking stupid you have to be to buy rusting car and don't care about it biggest problem.

15 years ago this was an issue.
Mazda fixed it when most companies would have ignores it.
No reason to hate on a good company

>chevy

All metals are recycled, Jimmy.

My Subaru has 11 years of New England winters under it's belt and only now is it starting to rust a little bit around the panel seams.

Ur picture is out of alignment, senpai. U should get that fixd.

>Subaru

Check the underbody, your car probably weighs half of what it did from factory.

its because people dont wash their vehicles, i wash anything of mine that gets driven in winter weekly and have no rust issues. my 2000 Chevy Silverado is rust free, my 1979 Toyota Supra is rust free too but it has never seen snow

back when i was a mechanic we had a Mazda 3 come from Ontario to here in Alberta for an out of Province inspection, this was back in 2014 and the car was a 2011 i think. we had to fail it because the frame had a rust hole completely eaten through it

dont your cars by the oceans on the coast get rust from the sea air? i talk to alot of Australians on JDM vehicle stuff because theres no language barrier and alot apparently avoid buying coastal cars because of salt air rust

Just washing wont make stone chips disappear, or prevent the thing from rusting from the inside out.

Yeah cars right on the coast are usually full of rust

How does rust start from the inside, the oxygen just permeates inside?

As in the inside of the metal itself or from the inside side of the frame whatever

i mean if it just permeates through solid metal then fuck, i give up and I'll just get a corolla my next car and stop trying to be a car enthusiast.

You can be enthusiastic with a corolla

never mind cars, electronics die off quicker too compared to inland conditions. Fuck humidity. I'm glad I don't live next to the sea anymore.

Because there's usually some kind of gap or seam where moisture, grime, and salt gets in then it gets trapped there. So every time it rains or snows it builds up a little more and it eats away at any kind of rust protection there is. The oxidation also starts affecting all of the other metal parts around it that can be vulnerable to rust.

The thing about rust is that it creates a rough, pock-marked surface that further traps moisture, dirt, salt, etc....

Sooner or later it gets bad enough to get to the other side of the panel and the paint starts to bubble - and that's why people always say that it's usually a lot worse than it seems.

if toyota releases a proper raceboy version of the Corolla again I'd totally be up for it. I don't want a hot Yaris hatchback though.

They got redpilled on the Rotary meme, and now Wankel is exacting his revenge.

>tfw also own a BJ series 323

rust stay go pls

5 years isn't enough time to build rust unless you /really/ neglect your car somehow. The rust on my protege5 didn't show until year 8

Glorious nippon steel kek

Inside of the frame/panels, obviously.

Yes this is why rust is not a real problem in Alaska.

Bullshit

KACHIGGA

Do they even salt in Alaska? I mean most places are frozen there year round anyway?

Mazda finally changed their steel coating process around 2008. I doubt they're perfect now, but it should have helped.

>thinking that you can save a car from rust just by trying harder

It's in the air. You can pressure wash for 30 minutes, park your car and come back to it covered in a fine salt mist. You can't escape it's wrath. It's why it's starting to become rare to see cars older than 10 years here. Salt fucks up the used car market too.

You can even go to the new car lot and see 2016 and 2017 trucks and cars with trace amounts of rust already. Regardless of brand.

Not everyone lives by the sea side
The 2 cars i had where 15 +years old and there is no rust to be found on them

you can, actually
I have a 01 truck known to have issues with rust frame, and the frame on mine only has light surface rust

but then I wash the undercarriage once a week during winter (or when it goes above 0), and I krown it every other year. the previous owner also treated it, and got rust protection coating at the dealer too

That's northern Canada,Not the shore. Sea salt is nothing compared to magnesium chloride and the other bullshit they use. The constant temperature swings do the most damage. Going from -35c to plus temps in less than 24 hours is hard on metal and paint.

You must be lucky and live in a desert or something.

>Mazda kids always make multiple threads a day shitting on pretty much every other manufacture under the sun

>one thread about Mazda and they lose their minds

I'm surprised nobody's used the other "R" word that plagues Mazda yet.

This is wildly accurate.

No one lost their minds.
Grow up kid

t.butthurt Mazda kid

Ok i didn't know that
I live in the suburb of Paris so climate and salt aren't an issue
car here usually hold rust pretty well appart from old japanese cars

>Going from -35c to plus temps in less than 24 hours is hard on metal and paint.

that hardly happens in northern Canada and you know it

I dont have a mazda.
I have a rusty nissan.
Grow the fuck up