/pg/ - Persona General

Tentacle Orgy Edition

Previous thread NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Persona_5_(PlayStation_3)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user THIS IS A CHRISTIAN IMAGEBOARD

post anne sniffs before the mods get here tia

Anal with Makoto!

friendly reminder that Morgana was the one in the wrong when him and Ryuji fought, and Ryuji was completely justified to get mad when Morgana started lashing out at him for no good reason

Friendly reminder that Morgana made Haru insult the PTs for no reason whatsoever

Based Morgana

dumb neko couldn't handle the banter

>Haru insult the PTs for no reason
Wait what? when?

wtf i hate mona now

When they encounter Haru and Morgana for the first time in the palace, she points to each of them individually and insults them.
it's cute because she's clearly forcing herself to do it and struggles to even come up with insults for half of them

I can't wait to see how much Atlus USA will butcher that scene

I don't see why they would
Sure they're shitty at times but nothing in this scene requires heavy localization
I just hope they don't have 'beauty thief' still in there

>I just hope they don't have 'beauty thief' still in there
I dunno man, it's been memed on so much I think I'll be sad if its not there anymore

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

>be named Karel (Czech heritage)
>Have an older sister named Justine

Don't know how to feel about this.

Don't worry.

Lavenza is way better than either of the twins.

bravo

>seven months
>for this

Hey, a Czechbro.

Caroline is the older sister in-game, I think?

I mean, as much as she can be older when she's a split from the same person. Coincidence.

>Czech
Post your cute voice, user

Let's not go vocaroo crazy again

I'm actually British. Grandfather was Czech. I pop over to see my cousins there on occasion though.

I'm a guy. Karel's a masculine name in the Czech Republic. It's also something of a family tradition. My father is also Karel, and I'm pretty sure my grandfather was too.

>I'm a guy
I know that Karel is a guy's name
I'm interested in hearing regardless

Eh, it's nothing special. I've got a pretty standard Received Pronunciation. I also should probably be working right now, rather than posting on Veeky Forums.

Fair enough

See you later, Brito-Czech user

Yeah, see you user. Have a good day.

>Yusuke rushed from school to pick up Futaba
canon

>SMT IV DLC costume

Goddamn, the samurai uniforms are cool as fuck.

shame about the garbage battle theme

bdsm with a traitor

Of course

not for lewd
futaba is FIFTEEN
STOP

No. Yusuke is gonna insert his long and hard paint brush into Futaba's sweaty socket.

I always thought he'd have thicker thighs/calves because of the cycling.

I said STOP

>implying Aoi Yuuki want the Sugita dick

I said NO.

Futaba is gonna enjoy Yusuke's paint brush sliding in and out of her socket, creating a erotic friction that heats both of them.

I wish, but he's actually slimmer than Joker from what I've seen in screencaps. At least his legs are.

If she doesn't I'll take it. If only for his voice.

have you literally not seen the two of them together
I wouldn't even be surprised if they're already fucking

satan is a pedo

No nipples?

3d nipples are a no-no in vidya nowadays

Ruined

do you want to fucking jack it to satan or something

Satan is my personafu.

Satan's nipples have been censored for years. SMTII was the last game where he actually had them I believe.

>gamespot reviewers are both vocal on twitter about how much they love the girls in P5, with a genuine chain of tweets arguing over best girl
>dude mentions "he hopes tae is romanceable" and the girl sounds like she wants it to happen too
>people still think that mainstream western sites will dock points for this stuff
lmao

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

That's technically not Ann(e) though

>What I am working on now is the design of costumes worn by characters in a new game. While taking into consideration the personality and features of a character, I am creating designs that will also surprise players.
it's either P5A or P3D
place your bets

P5A or PQ2

P5D

Why is there always a girl with a jacket related clothing tied around there waist during summer?

they already have costumes for that, it's out of question

because it's cute

anne is cute

She seems pretty old enough to know how, I mean she spends her days online hell she'll be better at it than Yusuke.

My class had aircon, so I'd use it indoors then wear it like that outside.

Not gonna lie, she definitely fits the Lovers Arcana. Gonna shoot for just her down the love path, I don't wanna know what happens here.

Here is your daily dose of Kokoro!

Have I just gotten used to the font by this point? It doesn't look as bad as it did before for some reason

stockholm syndrome

>Get dialogue options here
>One of them is simply "I want the chocolate"
Damn, Joker can be fucking cold sometimes

Didn't he have the nipples on his status screen in P4G? I think he did at least. In game model didn't though

>tcrf.net/Persona_5_(PlayStation_3)
>A placeholder close up cut-in portrait that uses the Arsene Persona 5 logo as a face.
no its not

>"Kokoro" will never catch in either the west or east
I don't care if it doesn't fit or make sense, it's such a cute name. Especially compared to "Goro". And it's not like there are better alternatives.
Same 2bh. When he posted it in the last thread I thought he was just memeing. I remember thinking that the font is way too thin and bland looking to fit but now it doesn't look that bad.
I will never get used to how they handled dialogues though, with that weird spacing and all.

Same

>telling your name here
I'll never forget your name, or Diego, or Daniel's.

>Same 2bh. When he posted it in the last thread I thought he was just memeing. I remember thinking that the font is way too thin and bland looking to fit but now it doesn't look that bad.
it's not that it's a bad font, but it's a terrible match for the dialogue boxes, and looks constantly emboldened. the japanese font takes inspiration from comic style, and rightfully so, but this doesn't seem reminiscent of that at all, and in the speech bubbles and other cartoon-esque UI elements it stands out and meshes poorly. it looks even more out of place in the chatter bubbles, and it's a big problem in the objectives, because it's so fucking wide that it's literally pushing over the edges of them, like in and they had to stretch out the objectives in the english version, so they now take up more screen space when they should've just picked a more condensed font.
the problem is with the rest of the fucking UI though, the font is a problem, but next to the hideousness of everything else it looks like a minuscule issue in comparison

>I don't care if it doesn't fit or make sense

I think we came to the conclusion that it would be Kokoro because 1. Goro is a super masculine name with no female equivalent name, and 2. it's based on the Kogoro thing, so Kokoro would be close enough.

Just like his dad.

>吾郎
>masculine
pick one

If only he was she, that would be amazing.

You'll never see a name like fifth son on a chick is all I'm saying.

I'm curious, would simply changing the font for all the letters used in the game take a long time? Or is there some way to just change the font all at once? The work you'd need to do then would be to just resize to make the font fit better

Everyone would be hollering that Kokoro is the canon girl.

Unless Atlus USA fucked something up, of course not.
They went to the trouble of actually picking a new font for the English version too, the Japanese version has an English font in it (that's far better, the kerning just needs tweaking), and they went out of their way to pick a different one and put that in.

>郎; son, counter for sons
I mean, I guess you could name your daughter that but on top of having an ugly name, she'd probably be kinda bullied in school, and anywhere else really

For reference, here's the English font in the Japanese version, it's very similar to the Japanese typeface, and looks much more natural within the game's textboxes. Atlus USA didn't even try to find something similar.

it's not the font, it's the fact the text is literally too big to fit in the box and the quote marks are outside the edges

When anything uses a font file, it stores the text and the styling separately. So, technically it's just a matter of changing which file is being called (or even renaming the new file to have the same name and overwriting it), but there might be some other issues. If they're using manual line breaking to get the text to fit, then chances are that every line that does use it is going to look weird or unreadable afterwards. That'd mean going through each individual line in-game to see what lines got messed up. I can't really blame them for not wanting to do it when the game has so much text, so doing it would delay the game even more (the process can't really be automated), but it could've been avoided had they chosen a good one the first time around.

The funny thing is that they actually dialed the font weight down in the pause menu for the tooltips (so that text by the big COMMAND that has a black and white stroke around it. It looks like it might just be a regular weight, though, so it'd actually be too light for the dialogue boxes.

Using condensed type would help for the objectives, but it'd make the text even harder to read for everything outside that because the text density would be much higher.

That's because it is the Japanese typeface. Japanese ones almost always have English character support.

>That's because it is the Japanese typeface. Japanese ones almost always have English character support.
I'm aware, but a lot of the time the English text isn't done in the same styling as the Japanese, and a bunch will just use default shit like Arial. This is actually the same style, and I'm pretty sure it's an original font made by Atlus.

>If they're using manual line breaking to get the text to fit
If they are, they're fucking terrible at it

Making the perfect cup of coffee. Is this a way to bring in other Confidants in to the shop to increase your connections with them?

This just highlights another problem. The Japanese text boxes are only designed to fit up to two lines of text. But in the English version, they're frequently making them use 3 lines of text, but still using the box designed for 2 lines, which makes them look incredibly cramped.
I can understand that they don't have the skills to make a larger text box, but they could very easily fit a lot of this stuff onto two lines avoiding (or at least lessening) the issue

no it's an SP healing item
over summer you can make coffee for them when they come over, but that's different

Man the art direction in these dungeons is fucking stellar
just got to okumura palace, and it might be the best one yet, looks insane. Still cannot believe these are the same people that did P4

huh, the text that says "Big Bang Burger" is actually in the font of wonder if it'll look different and use the atlus usa font in the english release because of that

Which ones have you been looking at? All of the professional ones I've seen have had it, especially since English is so common in Japanese ad copy. Persona 4 Golden even uses the Japanese version's type, which was Skip by FontWorks. That's how they were able to have those kanji questions in the English release.

>This is actually the same style, and I'm pretty sure it's an original font made by Atlus.
Doubt it. Designing full typefaces can already take years for English-only uses, and Japanese ones need thousands of more characters to be fully functional. I can't even recall any game company commissioning a custom typeface, either. You basically need to be as big as Microsoft (Meiryo) or at least Martha Stuart's brand (Archer, though it was only for English originally) for it to make financial sense.

Though I wish we could've gotten a rip off the type when Jack was still around. I asked when the game first came out, but haven't seen anything since.

You have to remember that there's also that huge thumping white wedge on the bubbles if you're advancing the text manually. I'm sure that's the reason why they didn't want to fill the bubbles all the way.

That's a problem with English vs Japanese type in general. Japanese needs much fewer characters most of the time, so they didn't need to design the UI for three lines. Apocalypse had the same problem; they removed the more stylized mincho type in favor of a worse-looking, smaller, and condensed sans-serif so they could fit three lines on the screen.

Still, I'm pretty sure I've seen some bubbles that have extended all the way to the scene controls, so I don't know why they didn't make that the default.

Probably not. I can't imagine that being live type; it's likely just a texture.

>You have to remember that there's also that huge thumping white wedge on the bubbles if you're advancing the text manually. I'm sure that's the reason why they didn't want to fill the bubbles all the way.
That wedge takes up a very small fraction of the text box. The Japanese game is not afraid to get closer to it, and the text boxes can extend far further than in anyway.

Yeah, it's much smaller than I remember. I dunno, then.

Hey I'm Making Coffee How Do You Take Yours?!
>Black
>Cream
>Cream & Sugar
>Surprise Me

>what are you, futaba?