/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- A new Testfire is coming from March 24 to march to March 26: youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg
- Check out two of the first new stages in Splatoon 2 - Musselforge Fitness! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/157071078564/weve-gotten-a-first-look-inside-one-of-the-new#
- As well as Urchin Amphitheatre! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/834339250753544197

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/i/moments/781963942226604032
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54035366
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/839403664083079168
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What new modes do you think will appear in Spla2n?

the threads just gonna die... I still love you, though, /ink/

I hope they remove TC and replace it with a better version. I'm not sure how they could fix it, though.

>War Train

You take control of a gun on a train that moves in your direction for ten seconds. During this time you are invulnerable. After ten seconds it stops and splats everybody within E-liter range, and returns to a neutral state to be captured again.

Basically TC+RM

I can't wait for the testfire. We'll be up and kicking then.

We'll be back proper soon enough.

A tiny part of me is still holding out hope for a horde mode. That band stage map looks suitably layed out.

i'm glad we get to experience the eventual updates without datamining this time

does anyone know what happened to sepia go?

Wow, I forgot about that thing. I assume it got C&D'd into the ground.

Oh thank god, /ink/'s back.

I really don't want to go to /v/ to talk about Splatoon.

I don't know if we're "back" back per se, we're kinda idling.

Soon!

I hope Spla2n has configurable controls. I want to map jump to L and special to B.

Madkid.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it does, they do seem to be making an effort to add quality of life improvements to the UI at least. Every game should have configurable controls really, a friend of mine can only play with one hand, and he destroys everyone at games that he can set up right, but a lot of them are just unplayable for him.

As an aside, wow, that really looks like the official art, and gis even brings up a bunch of other official Splatoon art in the "visually similar images" search. It's best guess for a name is "スプラトゥーンブキメンテ" though, anyone know what "bukimente" is supposed to mean?

Oh wait, answering my own question it turns out what I thought was other official art is mostly this guy's drawings twitter.com/i/moments/781963942226604032
and I'm guessing bukimente is short for weapons maintenance.

Man, this guy does great work.

Has anyone got the switch yet or is it better to wait until Splatoon 2 comes out?

Personally, I'm waiting. Sure there's a test-fire but once it's over I'm gonna be super sad the game's not actually out yet. I also don't wanna be one of those unlucky few who get a switch and have a dead pixel on it.

This. The main reason I'm waiting is for the early issues to be ironed out first.

Also my Switch is looking more and more like a Splatoon machine. I might as well get the special Splatoon edition Switch if that's the case.

That is true, I am going to wait as well.
Special splatoon switch is best.

I hope /ink/ has a wonderful week

I really want to see this costume in Spla2n.

Why didn't it win, it's so cool and sexy.

>7 posters
kek

>8 posters
AYY
fuck these threads, when the testfire is near i'll be back to them

It's gonna be a hoot then.

You can see he puts the effort in to be really on model.

serious question:
which weapon would be the easiest to put up your ass?

The whole thing or just the tip?

'cuz if it's just the tip, quite a few weapons would be able to be jammed up there.

An inkzooka for you, buttslut.

i was thinking the whole thing, but a lot of them are pretty big, bigger than a pelvis
i think the splash-o-matic would be the easiest, but it looks a bit sharp

Maybe the dualies would hurt the least.

>smaller than most weapons, would cause minimum rectal tearing
>no pointy parts
i think we have a winner

It's clever, but maybe they thought it was too much of a costume. With the exception of the amiibo hero suit thing, everything else is fairly reasonable clothing.

have we seen all the hairstyles available so far? which ones are you guys gonna use?

I doubt they've shown off all of them but out of the ones they have shown I'm probably going to stick with the default style since it's too charming.

I suspect we have seen all the hairstyles available so far, but I also suspect there's a fair chance they'll add a few later. Maybe twintails user will finally get their wish.

Personally I'm kinda into the short tentacle one and the asymmetrical wobbly one.

eliter immediately comes to mind because it's so thin, but it's very long, too. Squiffer could work, since it's shorter. on the other hand, the luna blaster, while large, might be more suitable since it lacks corner.
I'll probably be a spaghetti and rock far right on pic related. so cute.

lewd...

I'd like to see Rainmaker, except they introduce a mechanic that discourages the winning team from keeping the Rainmaker in their turf during the last few minutes of the game. I don't care if it's a legitimate tactic, it's fucking cheap and prevents people from playing the game.

it's unlikely, but i want a cheongsam as gear in spla2n. a pinafore could be cute too
really, i'd be happy with any kind of dress

Looks like each gender will have four styles each, which kind of makes sense in a 4vs4 multiplayer. I really would like to see more/new styles at some point, though, particularly ones that resemble more conservative hairstyles than trendy ones. I'm still partial to woomy classic.

did you draw those patterns yourself? what reference did you use? just curious.
either way, looking good as ever!
we need more dresses in splatoon 2

>Looks like each gender will have four styles each, which kind of makes sense in a 4vs4 multiplayer
This is the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

Give user a break!

thanks user, i did draw them. i just googled "cheongsam" and used the 1st and 3rd results as a reference. it might be hard to see, but there's a weird looking squid in the pattern

>we need more dresses in splatoon 2
even if there aren't many, i guess there's always skirts

oh cool! yeah, i can see the squid
in all honesty, i probably won't change my outfit much in splatoon 2, if at all... but pants are an entirely new customization option, so we'll see. either way, i'm happy other people will be getting what they want, hopefully!
hoping for some callie wear. not really cosplay but fan stuff
oo maybe i can get callie gun decals

>marie in a cheongsam

[SWEATS AUDIBLY]

Sadly I think the running and the akimbo idle stance preclude any body hugging dresses, and though cheongsams can have slits up to the waist I expect nintendo would find that too lewd. As an aside, the banding in the background is unexpectedly cool looking. Normally the lack of colour depth we have in low saturation really bugs me, but it's kinda a happy bonus there.

night night, /ink/

Do you think outfits have to be unisex in one way or another?

Like the school uniform?

The ikamusume gear suggests they're willing to make something that looks like nonsense for the sake of including one particular item.

hell no. I want my spaghetti to wear a cute dress.

i want to marry callie

please dont die /ink/
i dont want you to go away again

yeah, me neither. life feels emptier without you, /ink/

Definitely. When I came onto Veeky Forums yesterday and couldn't find you guys... I fell into a deep depression.

Bread makes you fat.

marie is FAT

But Callie is Team Food

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if maybe it's been used as a troll question before but googling isnt giving me many results so I'll try asking here

What happened to Splatoon?
I remember when it came out it seemed like a huge hit and I wished I could afford it. Since I couldnt though I just lived it through others watching all the competitive streaming. I really loved watching it, but after maybe 2 months I got busy with irl again.

I was looking for my usual games general when I noticed this one and I guess it suddenly made me wonder. What happened?
Why are there almost no streamers now? Where did the audience go, did people just get bored of it or was there some kind of failure on the publishers side?

Again, sorry to ask and I hope I dont start any shit but figured /ink/ might know. I hope it makes a comeback

Splatfests stopped being a thing awhile ago
A lot of people are saving themselves for Spla2n.
The western scene has never been as big as the eastern scene

i missed you /ink/, where did you run off to?

the updates stopped. streamers don't ever stay on one game anyway, do they? the game is still huge in Japan, though, as far as I can tell.

>What happened to Splatoon?
it was released in the console with the lowest install base but it sold very well, almost 5 million copies
>competitive streaming
there were some tournaments in america and europe but japan went nuts about them, including some "live" performances featuring the squid sisters
>no streamers now
then new games were released, the updates ended, the same with the splatfests, unless you are going to stick with a game you need to play other games to stay relevant in YT, twitch and similars
>Where did the audience go
there is still a community, 98% japanese
>did people just get bored of it
probably but as I said earlier other games were released I personally played it for over a year but its just my case
>failure on the publishers side
the game got a little tedious after the updates and splatfests died but spatoon 2 is comming so I wouldnt considered it as a failure
>dont start any shit
a little shitposting would help us staying alive until the global test and then until the release

did you draw that? its cute

goodnight callie
i love you

Too damned lazy to google or search the sticky.

I take it that Splatoon2 will be a Switch exclusive and not a ported to WiiU?

It'll be Switch only. Nintendo is done with the Wii U and probably wants to forget it exists.

I can kinda understand that but my initial reaction to the switch and watching the new zelda side by side on the wiiu and switch makes me wonder if by next year nintendo won't be thinking the same of the switch

they didn't explicitly say splatoon was exclusive
they did however say Zelda:BotW was the last first party game for the WiiU

pretty much this Nintendo is never going to admit that they killed the wiiu, remember that the switch is just a "third pillar" system

>"third pillar" system
said the same thing about gba when ds was released and look how that turned out

woomy

Weapons are so god-damned fresh.

I'm partial to the nozzle nose myself.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54035366

good morning, /ink/!

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/839403664083079168

"The appearance of the start point seems to be new after two years. It seems that it was made by a foreign-affiliated company, not domestically, but the function does not change in particular. Is it that the squid world is also pondering the wave of globalization..." (Google Translate)

Seems to be made by Custom. Damn exiled octarian engineers.

thanks usa

my favorite drawing of nitronic's oc so far

does anyone know what this says? I can only read the ありがとう part...

Looks like みりんちゃん いいね.
Not sure how you'd translate that, like "nice, Mirin-chan!" maybe?

yes, I think you're right. I didn't realize chan was spelled like that. thanks.

beat me to it. yep, exactly

I'm learnding!

It did really well (like a 50% attach rate in Japan I think), there's just not much of a competitive scene in the West to keep streaming interesting. There's more streamers on niconico though.

They seem to be pushing for it in Splatoon 2 with spectator cams for LAN matches, so it might take off.

boff

This would be fair. Want to hit people with your ridiculous hitbox? Have one yourself, so everyone else doesn't have to aim when they fight you.

It'd be pretty funny if the balanced weapon tiers using that instead of the special depletion. Taking a luna makes you fat.

Going to C- as a level 50 S+ player with best gear is the most fun

I see why people did it always in Gunbound now

I wonder why that user had so much difficulty with the motion controls. I guess I was somewhat used to it from playing Gravity Rush, but I don't remember it ever being anything but intuitive.

I was trying to play it like a Wiimote shooter where you aim the controller at the TV and sensitivity wasn't right.