Is anyone else excited for the advent of electric vehicles...

Is anyone else excited for the advent of electric vehicles? I can't wait to see what amazing technology and performance lies ahead.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/i-will-never-buy-another-ice-car-ever-again
tesla.com/customer-stories/why-ill-never-buy-another-gasoline-powered-car
tesla.com/findus#/bounds/30.022776,-95.5372849,29.9306631,-95.6156699,d?search=destination charger&name=77070
teslarati.com/tesla-shuts-down-battery-swap-program-for-superchargers/
fortune.com/2015/06/10/teslas-battery-swap-is-dead/
tesla.com/models/design
google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2016/12/24/tesla-supercharger-v3-over-350-off-grid-solar-powerpack-elon-musk/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nope

"I will never buy another ICE car ever again...."

"Once one has experienced the beauty of an electric car one is hopelessly lost for the ICE business model."

forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/i-will-never-buy-another-ice-car-ever-again

"I will never buy a gasoline-powered car again. Not because our all-electric Model S is greener, cheaper to operate, safer to drive and more innovative than our previous cars – which it is. But simply because it’s a better experience in almost every conceivable way: a better driving experience, a better ownership experience, and a better cultural experience."

tesla.com/customer-stories/why-ill-never-buy-another-gasoline-powered-car

These posts both reek of self-importance. gb2

I'm excited to save fuel and money for my toys.

I just like them for their instant throttle response, low end torque, and no transmission. Driving a 110hp nissan leaf, the instant throttle response makes it feel a lot quicker than it really is in city traffic, especially considering its weight.

You'll end up spending just as much, if not more on electricity.

Try a N/A engine instead of turbo shit

Im only comparing it to an na. If you compare it to a similarly powered shitbox, Nothing can compare, especially an auto since that needs to downshift. Flooring an electric car, youve got full engine power immediately, no delay at all. And youre also always in the powerband, always putting out 110hp, no pauses for shifting or powerband rpm range, just a constant 110hp from like 5mph to 95mph. Still is slow though dont get me wrong, and going above 60mph kills range, but funnest sub 200hp car ive ever driven in city traffic.

>self-importance

I'm not seeing that at all. It's more like people who have had an experience of sudden and striking realization.

And you have only deepened that disgusting feeling

The people that wrote/commented on those links are the same kind of people that inhale their own farts to prevent aerosol polution

So it does everything a V8 powered work van does? Neat. You could of saved $40k and got a golf cart.

What do you mean, m8?

I don't think that would work.

No. Electric cars have 100% of torque at 0 RPM. They don't shift. They don't burn gasoline or diesel.

The people claiming that it's somehow a better driving experience are fucking morons. It's on the same set of shit springs and shocks that any other econobox is. There is nothing special
About the suspension or the handling - not to mention the profile of the car isn't suited for any aspect of corner performance. So I don't know what driving experience they are talking about

It was actually only 7k. Not my car either. Not sure why everyone hates on them. Im just saying comparing to a similar 100-150hp shitbox for a similar amount of money. Id rather have this as a grocery getter, still gotta have a dino burner for any actual trips or hooning. Plus its comfy, unlike a workvan or golf cart.

No, they just force you to sit around for hours after short distances. Destroy the earth worse than oil by increasing mining for precious metals. Tax the already strained power plants in populated cities. Cost way too much. Batteries degrade over time and the replacement cost wipes out all savings from gas and then some. They increase electricity prices. They increase pollution from power plants. You are fucked if power goes out. You are fucked if you ever forget to plug it in.

They are a toy car like an old drag car in the garage.

After working with electric forklifts in warehouses for years, No. My upper range hearing is good and the CRT TV like whine from the motor controllers is annoying as fuck.

Battery packs and the controllers in most electric cars are too shitty to make "full torque at 0 rpm" as that requires mad amperage which laptop batteries aren't putting out any time soon. That "instant acceleration" comes from the gear reduction that the 15k rpm motors use.

most normies only really notice moderately decent suspension setups as "really good" and are all for acceleration. turns out EVs check the second box big time

Power and smoothness of acceleration, quietness, regenerative braking, not stopping at gas stations. There's much more to driving than just turning, user.

This is actually true, that high pitched switching invertor noise is kinda annoying, and very noticable since theres no engine noise. Also from what ive noticed, the 2011 leaf doesnt put put full power until 5 mph or so, dont think its a power draw issue, i think the magnetic poles in the motor are saturating since they are rotating so slow at first. Brushless motors dont have full torque at 0rpm, but once they are spinning at say 10rpm they do. Just my experience. I dont think electic cars are the answer to anything or are gonna save the planet, i do think they interesting toys though, not practical for the majority, but they are improving.

>t. citydweller

Theyre saying theyre tesla fans you mong

>not stopping at gas stations
>but needing an ICE car to travel any distance over 125 miles

Electric cars are a fashion accessory.

Entry level Teslas start at 210 miles of range and go up to 335. The Chevy Bolt can go 238. Long charge times are not ideal, but there are better uses and worse uses for electric cars in their current state. Whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for your usage is completely up to you.

>Not sure why everyone hates on them.

Most likely confirmation bias, FUD, and general lack of knowledge.

LOL no one is going 335 miles GTFO.

Road tests seem to average just over 200 miles in real world conditions.

Also..... You have to go HOME. So REAL WORLD, lets say you get 250 miles. It's 300 miles round trip. HOORAY, you need an ICE.

Not in -20 they don't... That means no skiing, snowboarding and other winter activities which is a no go for me.

What's the point of all that glorious torque if you don't accelerate hard all the time because you have range anxiety?

You do know when it's cold, and you run the heater, you lose literally half the range right?

I am, but I don't want petrol engines to go away

>ice cuckolds got triggered again

>honest assessments and rebuttals about the fall-backs of electric
>HURRR TRIGGERED!!!!!

>Road tests seem to average just over 200 miles in real world conditions.
Source?

>Also..... You have to go HOME. So REAL WORLD, lets say you get 250 miles. It's 300 miles round trip. HOORAY, you need an ICE.
There are thousands of supercharger stations around the US and other countries that can charge over 80% in under an hour.

>honest
more like intellectually dishonest. you are painfully biased and exaggerate facts beyond the realm of truth. sperg more cuck
this post will trigger ice cuckolds

>1 hour
My tank only takes ~5 minutes to fill from E.

Some cars like the Kia Soul EV use a heat pump which is basically a reverse air conditioner. It's a much more efficient way of producing heat than resistive. I hope more electric cars use them.

you called it

>go read any article on the testing of the Tesla
>google.com

LOL planning your trips around charging stations. Here ya go, I want to go from Houston to Dallas, visit the largest state fair in the country, and go home: tesla.com/findus#/bounds/30.022776,-95.5372849,29.9306631,-95.6156699,d?search=destination charger&name=77070

>BARELY make it to Dallas
>have to drive downtown out of the way to find nearest charger
>HOPE no one else is using it since they are all at hotels
>HOPE they let me charge my car
>sit there for a FUCKING hour minimum
>in my $110k car
>so I can drive to the state fair
>kids want to stop on the way back to (insert any place)
>HURRR MUHH ADVERTISED 300 miles
>battery about to die
>stop again in Huntsville
>charge another hour
>sit in a fucking parking lot again
>finally get home
Yeah..... or I could buy a normal fucking car for 1/3 the MSRP, NEVER spend more in gas than a tesla would cost me. And never be worried about being stranded.

>inb4 I go in the winter and the car dies half way back or I have to stop every 100 miles to charge just in case, but I can't get off any major road or I'll need a tow.

On the days you don't exceed the range, it will take less than 10 seconds to plug it in.

>1 hour is a long time
future versions will charge in less than 40 minutes.

>inb4 some ignorant autist says it will hurt the battery charging that fast

Forgot to mention, there are NO superchargers between two of the biggest cities in the US and none in that part of Dallas. Closest one is in Denton, 40 min away from dallas and too far for the range.

Fair criticism. Like I said, there are better uses and worse uses for electric cars in their current state. Whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for your usage is completely up to you.

>only at super chargers
>none between Dallas and Houston
>none in Dallas
>2 in all fo Houston
>hurrr buy it for future promises!!!
>hurrrrr this totes wont degrade your battery 5x faster

Also, are you literally justifying sitting in a fucking hotel parking lot for HOURS (since they aren't super chargers) after driving for hours. Keep grasping at straws.

Also you shouldn't get so worked up. Stress is unhealthy.

40 minutes is still an absurdly long time when compared to the 5 minutes it takes to refuel an ICE car

It's not a motor if it's not a rotor

>not understanding there will be over a 1000 more charging stations by 2020
at most dummy. Current chargers only put out 150kw. the future version will put 350+kw. elon confirmed it himself.

>hurr why isn't a 17 year old company perfect compared to 100+ year old companies
literal autism

Can you imagine Taking the family from say, New Mexico to Florida for vacation. And having to stop at EVERY super charger for an hour. All the way there? And that's only 80%, so call it 1.5 hours. EVERY 250 miles (to be extremely fair). IF you could even make it to each station. that's 7 EXTRA stops for 1.5 hours. That's an extra 10.5 hours of time on the road.

>buy for future promises
LOL, they also said they would have all those battery swap stations by now. How did that work out?
>keep grasping at straws and ignoring the limitations of a $110k car
>still justifying stopping every 3 hours of a road trip for an entire hour to charge the car
>as long as you only travel the route super chargers are on
>and only if no one else is using it when you arrive

You may find that the total time you save by never going to gas stations can outweigh the time you take charging your car at public stations. This is all depending on how far you plan to drive and how often you plan to do it.

You do know cars don't need to be filled with gas every day right? And that it literally takes less than 3 minutes.

>they also said they would have those battery swap stations by now
No, they literally didn't. It was a simple presentation as a potential possibility. You are autistic.

>110k
80k. also fastest car on the planet.
>implying the majority of people travel 300 miles daily
sperg more
>not understanding that there will be over a thousand more by 2020 to increase travel options
>muh cherry picked scenario
lol

>banked time
LOL that is irrelevant. If I save 10 minutes a day for a year, but I'm late to work, that doesn't fucking help me.

I'm looking forward to hybrid sports cars like the 918 if significantly lighter batteries get developed.

2020 mustang will be a hybrid turbo 4 cylinder making more torque than the current mustang gt. ford confirmed it at their conference.

>We're going to talk about the range of the most expensive
>but we're going to quote the price of the base
LOL

>simple presentation
It was literally a pilot program that failed
teslarati.com/tesla-shuts-down-battery-swap-program-for-superchargers/
fortune.com/2015/06/10/teslas-battery-swap-is-dead/
>inb4 you don't read the articles clearly showing it wasn't a presentation, it was a business model with a real program behind it, that failed

tesla.com/models/design
>$134,500
>still defending things that haven't happened and EVEN IF they did do not fix the problems

LOL son, you've been absolutely DECIMATED with facts. Just suicide so hard.

Tesla Model S is still the best car on the planet behind the Mercedes S class

No matter how angry you get, you can't stop that.

Electric cars are in their infantry. Electric cars will get better as charging stations become more common and charge rates increase. As inconvenient as it may be, it still *can* be done, and that's a promising first step; is it not?

Great opinion faggot, no matter how wrong you are.

still 80k sperg more.

>simple presentation
>hurr b-but
ok autist

see
proved my point. not to mention you sperg really hard. reminder that the model s will only continue to improve and it will remain the fastest vehicle on the planet no matter how hard you cry.
this

The "fastest" one is not 80k miles. Dude, that's a literal fact. What is wrong with you?

>inb4 I was just pretending to HUUURRRRRRRR

Also, samefagging.

*dollars
>herp
>inb4 goal post is moved again.

car only costs 80k. sperg more.

Also made a mistake in my previous post. it won't even take 15 minutes for future stations to charge.

>A mere 350 kW … what are you referring to, a children's toy?
>Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 24, 2016After unveiling the Supercharger in 2012, Tesla CTO JB Straubel said that Tesla aims to bring the charging down to 5 to 10 minutes
google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2016/12/24/tesla-supercharger-v3-over-350-off-grid-solar-powerpack-elon-musk/amp/

BTFO

I think those hair plugs are messing with his brain if he thinks he can charge batteries at full c rates without any negative consequences. Have fun changing your battery pack every year.

I'm super excited for the release of the Model 3. I hope it turns out amazing and can charge in just a few minutes.

>i don't understand batteries
the post. you can already charge cellphones in 30 minutes while doing no damage to the battery in the long run. the main enemy is heat when charging batteries not the amount of current. sperg more.
you will. you'll also cause all the autists on the board to sperg.

Yeah I bet it comes with a interstellar blowjob from Musk too huh.

Guys, can't we just enjoy electric cars while still realizing their shortcomings?

>still banking on promises
>the fast car only in 0-60
LITERALLY $100k+. Here's Tesla, literally telling us that.

tesla.com/models/design
tesla.com/models/design
>inb4 the over 4 sec 0-60 model

>with no damage to the battery
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
If you ignore the significantly shorter life span, then sure.

I would like to but this board is fucking garbage.

>you can already charge cellphones in 30 minutes while doing no damage to the battery

bullshit. Fast charging will fuck up your battery in less than a year if you use it heavily. That's why most people need to carry around external power banks. Dumping 10w into a little phone battery produces a lot of heat which doesn't help.

>HURRR YOU CAN'T CHARGE IT DAT FAST.
>IT BAD 4 DA BATTERY
lol
QUALCOMM>you
model s does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds.
You are literally retarded. I guarantee you are an ifaggot who thinks it take 2 hours to charge a phone. and no fast charging does not harm the battery. heat does. this myth has been disproven. you are retarded.

>the main enemy is heat when charging batteries not the amount of current
>what is Joule's first law
>what is high school physics
>what is american education

see
sperg more

>fast charging does not harm the battery. heat does.
heat is the result of charging, you absolute fucking imbecile. literally a cretin who doesn't understand basic physics trying to argue using marketing material. kys yourself.

>doesn't even deny being an ifag
lol. switch to Android and enjoy not being cucked by a charger. and no it doesn't harm the battery. keep spreading memes.

you've been btfo. keep sperging

must suck to be behind the curve with ishit

>2017
>his phone takes longer than 30 minutes to charge

ice fags btfo yet again.

LOL. reminder that batteries will only get better and ice shit will stand still.

fucking ICE scrubs and Electro-plebs arguing over who has it better.
>Refueling

Hahaha, get in with the never have to refuel ever again master race.

>but muh fear of radiation
pussy.

No, because they would make absolutely terrible cars for going /out/.
>short range
>have to charge for an hour
>can't just put some jerry cans on the back for extra range

I might be down for a hybrid tacoma 4x4 though.

>fastest car on the planet
Quickest, not fastest. That's the Charger Hellcat.

fastest.

Fuel cells would be better, but I'll take electric.

Quickest.
Charger is the fastest, 204 mph

>Americans seriously think going 204 mph makes something the fastest car on the planet

There normies they only care about can it get me from point A to point B they find driving to be a chore they only care about having a giant fucking screen in the car so they can shitpost on Veeky Forums about how amazing their electric transport pods are they couldn't give less of a fuck about actually driving
tl;dr normies hate driving

>The automaker promises the hybrid Mustang will make as much power as the V8, with more low-end torque.

damn... nice. let's hope it's not too pigfat.

And the quicker they're relieved from driving, the better. Normally the solution would be public transport and cycling, but the Americans apparently are allergic to it and their city planning disqualifies them from it.

>fastest car on the planet
>204mph

>what is bugatti veyron the post
>268mph

204mph doesn't even get the hellcat into the top 25.

>bugatti veyron lool xDDDD

yeah sucks NYC proves that public transit works in the US but most "cities" don't have the money nor any incentive to invest in it plus the disruption to current traffic in most areas would be disastrous
although most major cities have some form of decent public transit but other than NYC/San Fransisco nobody uses it

The Tesla Model S is my dream car but I will never be able to afford one.

>The Tesla Model S is my dream car
why are you here

I thought everyone agreed the Model S is the best car on the market?

Because he's not fucking autistic enough to say "NUH UH NOT GOOD
ENOUGH TO BE A DREAM CAR" about X car?

just the best at triggering hellcat fans

But for most people, that is a massive inconvenience. Yes, the technology is really good and will probably surpass ICE cars in the future, but compared to a normal car which takes 5 minutes to refuel 40 minutes is unacceptable. At the moment, for daily driver replacements, they simply are not a like for like solution in terms of usability.