twitter.com/Seraph1020/status/838378358660423680
youtube.com/watch?v=FPobaiQQKM8
twitter.com/orochinagicom/status/839158688862568448
twitter.com/EnglishTea_/status/838998472468615172
twitter.com/kuributon/status/839161675580223488
twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/839279044663246848
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/839395920055676928
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just a reminder that spring/summer is just around the corner.

WCS footage from SNK.
youtu.be/i4jkNJLFhAI

Japanese article about WCS. Can anyone translate or pass it along to someone who can give a short summary? I thing it may be too much for google translate. I think it mentions WCS it's viewership and more near the bottom there's an interview with their chinese marketing team. From what I can see it mentions their marketing strategies and some censorship they might've had to make in china.
4gamer.net/games/317/G031749/20170306001/

I think this is from the valentine day event from 98 OL

I'm sad for Kensou

>Kyo and Iori
Its like SNK is really baiting the fujo's this time for real jesus.

kek

stop the Iori bullying twitter.com/Seraph1020/status/838378358660423680

Eh, google translate seems to be doing a good enough job.

>On February 18, 2017, the world event "KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL" of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV" (PS4 / AC) (hereinafter referred to as KOF XIV) was held at the UDX Theater in Tokyo ยท Akihabara.
This event was a double elimination tournament by 16 powerful people invited from all over the world and a fierce battle spread for about 4 hours. It took time to post, but in this paper I will tell you the pattern in the photo report.

>In addition, this event was delivered in Twitch, in 8 languages including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, English, Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and the streaming service in China, Doo Fish ( Douyu) also carried out delivery. More than 240,000 fans were watching the game where the game went by. Distribution in Japanese, you can watch the archive from SNK official channel, so let's check even those who missed from now.
>In addition, at the end of the article, we posted an interview on after-party after the tournament with an interview with Sister Interactive Entertainment Shanghai President Takehito Sueda and CEO of GAMEPOCH, Stephanie Chen, who is publishing KOF XIV in China ing. We had interesting stories talked about Chinese gaming circumstances, so please look forward to it as well.

Interview:
> First of all, please tell us what kind of work you are doing as a self-introduction.

>Takehito Sueda (Mr. Soeda): We, SIE Shanghai, established a local subsidiary in 2014 and started business in China. The next year in March 2015, the PlayStation's Chinese service has started. As you know, there are government regulations in China, and until then you could not sell console games. It was 2014 that it was lifted. Against such a background, I believe that "KOF XIV" was launched smoothly in the Chinese market thanks to GAMEPOCH, the local publisher.

>Stephanie Chen (Mr. Chen): GAMEPOCH is a publisher selling console games in China. GAMEPOCH's games have similarities and there are many games that everyone can play with cooperating and competing. "KOF XIV" was a perfect game for such policies.

>That is, SNK, SIE Shanghai, and GAMEPOCH cooperated and released "KOF XIV" in China.

>Mr. Sueda: Yes. "KOF XIV" has made worldwide simultaneous sale, China is one of them. Because there is censorship, it is normal that it will be released later than half a year if it is normal, but this time GAMEPOCH wrote the application earlier with the cooperation of SNK, the importance of this work in the Chinese market By explaining to the government, we were able to pass censors very quickly.

>Why did you stick to worldwide simultaneous release?

>Mr. Sueda: What Asian gamers want is that they want the game to be released in their own language first and then want to play at the same timing as other countries. I think that it was very epoch-making thing in console business in China that we were able to realize these two at the same time this time.

>Mr. Chen: In order to succeed in the Chinese market, we need to not only sell it simultaneously with other markets, but also promote properly to China. In this time, we launched a campaign such as releasing not only Christmas where sales are concentrated in the global market but also Chinese limited edition DLC in accordance with the Chinese holiday season, Chinese season, and it was a great success.

>Mr. Sueda: The important thing is not only the timing of the release but also the continuation of neat localization and culture after release. In the past, there has been a tendency for China not to be biased soon after its release, as in Japan, as the market for consoles did not exist. If it says rather it will continue to sell to the long tail, the play population will spread. These measures worked well, and we feel a response.

>Please tell me more about the Chinese market. What kind of game is popular?

>Mr. Sueda: Looking at the number of viewers at this competition, there are thousands of Japanese and North America, and China seems to have 240,000 viewers. As you can see, the scale is even orders of magnitude compared to Japanese and North American markets. However, most of them are PC games and mobile games, and console is about 1% or so, but ....

>1% is tough, is not it?

>Mr. Sueda: That said, I do not like console games, so it's not 1%, I just think that I had no chance to play. We also felt strongly that we started business on site, but they are very excited when playing console games. I think that our job is to create a market for console games there.

>I heard that the KOF series is very popular in China.

>Mr. Sueda: As you said, KOF is a very strong IP in China, so it was very encouraging to be able to officially release "KOF XIV" in China. We will continue to introduce excellent Japanese IP to China and I would like to appeal to the market. Before that, a tremendous number of Chinese gamers are waiting.

>Mr. Chen: The KOF series has a long history, and it is popular in China, but it can not succeed alone. In release of this work, we developed various promotions according to the culture of China. Prepare a download version, or conduct a tournament at SIE's official shop. Offline tournaments are held in more than 20 cities, and we have won over 10 million viewers in total.

> In China, are hard releases other than PS4 released?

>Mr. Sueda: PS 4, PlayStation VR, PS Vita are all released in China, there are also 50 titles for the number of sales titles. What is different from Japan is that there is sensor shopping (censorship) in all contents. In other words, although it is a neck that you can not release titles freely like in Japan, I would like to expand the market by increasing the contents one by one.

>Please tell me about e-Sports situation in China.

>Mr. Sueda: Although e-Sports is showing excitement globally, e-Sports events are held very actively in China as well as examples. As well as global, PC games such as "League of Legends" "Dota 2", and then sports game.

>How about fighting games?

>Mr. Sueda: Fighting games are also popular, but from the perspective of the entire e-Sports, it is currently the case that they remain partly still. But if you look at the potential, there are a lot of grassroots conventions being held, so there is a possibility that it will spread from now. We would like to do various trials from now with GAMEPOCH.

>Aside from the number of viewers, how many people gather in offline e-Sports events in China?

>Mr. Chen: Offline events in China are quite limited depending on the location, so it is difficult to compare by number of people unconditionally. There are about 100 people to be held at shopping malls and thousands of people gather when the venue is big like China Joy. Hundreds of participants participated offline in the qualifying for the World Games this time.

>Mr. Sueda: ChinaJoy in 2016 did a stage event of this work at the PlayStation booth, but at that time it was enough for people to overflow into the aisle and complaints entered. Entities are hard to grasp, but feel the heat of the player.

>At the moment, not everyone in the Chinese gamers will have PS 4.

>Mr. Sueda: I agree. Even in that sense, I think that I can expect much from the future spread. However, since the platform does not hold without a title, I think that we should increase the content like KOF from now on.

>Finally, please send a message to Japanese KOF fans.

>Mr. Chen: As I mentioned earlier, GAMEPOCH plans to continue the publisher, centering on games that everyone can play together. From now on I hope to introduce such Japanese games to China, so please expect it.

>Mr. Sueda: Many Chinese players participated in today's world competition. Given that, the potential of China is so big that the Asian market is still growing. Although the victory was a Japanese player, there is plenty of possibility that a champion will be born from the East Asian region such as China. We will do our best in the field so that global players will be born.
Also, I would like to think about measures that Japanese athletes can participate in the tournament held in China together with GAMEPOCH. We hope to cooperate with the game market and we look forward to your support.

>Thank you for today.

TL;DR?

Some points I've noticed:
>summary about the WCS
>over 240k watchers from china
>KoF has been popular there, but most players are on PC
>very few people own PS4
>When releasing games in china it usually 6 months later because of government sensors and hoops they have to jump through
>everything went relatively smooth and release was simultaneous when it came to KoF
>KoF tournaments held in various cities with decent turnout
>when KoF shown at PS event overrun with people
>KoF marketing and releases of bundles, etc., focused around chinese holidays in china
>esports liked in china (LoL, Dota2)
>fighting games still small, but growing
>will continu to promote PS stuff and other Japanese IPs.

ching chong ping ling

I want to _____ Angel.

You didn't forget about her, did you?

Me, yes. my dick, no.

ignore angel because sylvie is qter

Stay away from. I don't want to catch something.

youtube.com/watch?v=FPobaiQQKM8

titfuck

how about a KOF XIII gallery? would be nice to have one linked

I was trying to, you asshole.

ah, i see there's some art from that game in the link, nevermind me

TIEGA SPEED

HERE CUMS THE BEEG WAD

kofmi sucks, but she is hot at least

on the other hand, no real interest for her gameplay wise

Whats her reason for.. showcasing her business when she can just keep everything low key? From what I heard, she is some sort of agent similar to Vanessa or Blue mary.

she is a fan service agent who uses distraction tits to conduct tactical espionage out in the open in a near-public fight

Oh man, this is fucking painful. I feel for Kensou.

poor Mary too, but at least she was acknowledged as Terry's interest, hell, even Iori and Kyo are in a better situation than Kensou, he lost to a fucking cat...

When will Kensou become a supreme gentleman?

kensou needs to stop looking to athena and look at other more delectable girls

athena will just facilitate monsters, if perfect blue means anything

Momoko should be old enough by now

IIRC that cat symbolizes good luck/money or something like that. Either way I hope Athena likes barbed cat dick.

That Saigado doujin was so good.

After letting go of Athena, mastering the dragon power, beating Ron and kissing Mui Mui, not necessarily in that order.

Kensou X MuiMui OTP, infidel!

>Saigado

venom strike

>finally get my hands on KOF Neowave
>was always curious about it when I was young
>it's literally just a different version of KOF 2002

I found it interesting to have the option to play KoF with Just Defend instead of rolls.

At least young Geese is in it.

Fug, did he get this from here? Times of the posts kinda match.
twitter.com/orochinagicom/status/839158688862568448

that depends, where did this thread's link come from?

From this post that Kuroki retweeted.
twitter.com/EnglishTea_/status/838998472468615172

just coincidence then

What happened to Saigado?

You know how David Carradine died? That's basically what happened with Saigado

he apparently became an evangelionfag

he was always an eva fag.

well then i guess he is strictly one then?

nice image

If I could draw worth a damn, I'd make a pic where

>Andy Bogard is making out with Maki (that Final Fight girl that dresses like Mai)
>Mai catches them
>then Mai wakes up, like in her Real Bout Fatal Fury ending

Fug, never knew how much I wanted this.
twitter.com/kuributon/status/839161675580223488

Fug, my gut is telling me that we'll get the announcement either tomorrow or on thursday burgertime.

whip reveal tomorrow

sure, that'll be greater than waiting for friday

i have a modest level of confidence on that, but ryuji is pretty obvious

the other one/two(?)/three(?) not sure

Id be very happy with her but I really want Kasumi

>tfw it's not yamazaki

>tfw it's not mary or vanessa but instead shroom or Rick
>tfw not rock
Got nothing against vanessa or Mary, but the butt hurt would be funny. Looking forward to the characters, but it doesn't look like it'd be anyone I'd be ultra hyped for.

Which SNK character would you make dinner for? What would you give them for dessert?

KOD

Monkey Brain Ice Cream

Angel
my cum

venom strike

>tfw excited about the reveal
>tfw it most likely won't be anyone I give a rat's ass about

Really?

Never learned how to play her ;_;

Wasn't there an anime and movie announced early in XIV's production?

dunno about movie but I remember the anime

>noticed that famitsu also covered the same exact interview further up in the thread
>paste it into google translate like the other one
>doesn't make a lick of sense unlike the other

D-does this artist do more KoF?

Yes and yes. Anime was supposedly delayed to march of this year, no updates on the movie. Last I heard for the anime it was to be animated by a studio in shanghai and when last mentioned they were at the designing stage for characters and their abilities. I would've liked to watch it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it fell through.

>Hehehehehe, Psycho Ball hehehehe.

Who would win in a Nikuman eating contest, Kensou or Mui Mui?

Mui Mui has some thicc legs, so that's probably where all the buns go.

My money's on her.

>Hhu huhuhuh hu huhuh, you said ball, hu huh uhuuh
>Yeah hehehe heh m he heheh

>"Fire! Fire!" Psycho Soldier!"
>Yeah m hehehe FIRE FIRE! Hehehehe hehe this song is cool

>YWN have a pleasant boat ride with Hibiki

Kek, actually made me chuckle.

I wouldn't want to be stuck in a boat with a murderer.

Hibiki is a good girl, no bully

Last Blade sequel when

Wait what

twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/839279044663246848

You have my attention

Just an announcement for a MotW and Last Blade 2 tournament. Entries are closed if I'm not mistaken.

Guys, IT'S HAPPENING!!! soon.
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/839395920055676928
It says "a character", so just one?

Maybe they will reveal them all through the month?

I hope it's japan and their lacking understanding of english grammar.

Though it might as well be one character per week or something.

More DLC characters sounds like a good diea.

Hell. I'd love every KoF character in both the NESTS and Ash arc to be available in KoF XIV via DLC. It may seem scummy, but given the roster we have atm, I'd say its an alright DLC practice.

They have gaijin working for them, so it'd be a bit more difficult.

I mean generally they only unveil the shadows slowly. I don't know why you'd even think they're gonna show all at once at all

So, they'll reveal something within the day right?