Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

shoryuken.com/2017/03/07/tekken-7-will-not-feature-online-crossplay-according-to-bandai-namco/
eventhubs.com/news/2017/feb/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-not-forced-be-tied-any-comic-or-movie-canon-and-will-allow-developers-creative-freedoms/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disregard fighting games.

Buy Nier Automata.

Play my game on June 2nd

UMvC3 is fun! FUN!

Easiest char in GG?

play marieball

it's pretty cool

Ky or Raven.

The "endless" F.A.N.G nerf meme gave me an idea:

What if Capcom eventually buffed F.A.N.G and added Dan in SFV instead, making him the worst character in the game on purpose. Then, all the tryhard cool kids could have an underdog character they could beat others with and feel a great sense of achievement for every victory.

do NOT play rashids game

its terrible

this just need to be a cammy costume desu.

Ky looks like a fag, i'd go for raven.

millia ichiban

Rashid please leave

marie...

shoryuken.com/2017/03/07/tekken-7-will-not-feature-online-crossplay-according-to-bandai-namco/

no surprise

Reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

You mean my game

Post proof or get the fuck out nigger

kawaii

They won't use their own servers. In order to have p2p, you must have your own servers acting as bridge between PSN/Steam like SFV does. And having your own servers is hard and difficult and costly. You can go cheap but then you end up with SFV.

Honestly, I prefer this over what SFV gave us in terms of crossplay. If PC Tekken is alive as PC MKXL, then there shouldnt' be issues finding matches.

Anyone expecting crossplay is a fool.

Crossplay will be added early 2017

how do i get a gf like marie...

>In order to have p2p
in order to have crossplay. P2P solution prevents crossplay as PSN and Steam don't link as according to first-party policies.

wud play

The main issue is Sony or Microsoft saying no. SFV got Sony's OK because it's not on xbox.

>why it sucks in 5 minutes
>20 min video

Become muslim and move over to Sweden

> In order to have p2p, you must have your own servers acting as bridge between PSN/Steam like SFV does.

What do you mean by this?
SFV p2p is not actually p2p in cross platform?

I clarified hereCapcom uses their own servers for profiles and matchmaking. Bamco won't do that. They'll rely entirely on PSN/Steamworks for matchmaking, therefore the game is entirely P2P on Bamco's part as they don't need to pay for any servers.

Also worth mentioning that both SFV and T7 are peer-to-peer in the actual game. Only the matchmaking needs a dedicated server.

Yes, PS4-Xbone crossplay will never ever happen. And PC-PS4 crossplay only happens if the devs manage the servers themselves.

pantyhose #1

>me and a friend both pick up umvc3 for the first time
>keep our teams a secret
>get into the very first match after a days practice
>he's playing moridoom vergil
why the fuck would you do this

for matchmaking and profiles/stats, not player connections

it's why you have to log in to a separate thing with sfv and also why it's ridiculously fucked up and no one else does it, because it's hard.

REEEEEEE LOWERCASE LETTERS

pc will probably be the main platform for t7 in europe

Best resource for learning UMvC3 combos.

Watching combo videos is pointless I don't know what the fuck I'm seeing 99% of the time.

step 1 uninstall the game
step 2 get a refund

Play My Game!

Sorry I will be playing Chloe's game

>how do i learn combos without looking at the combos

srk has some combo threads but the forums been dead for about 2 years now

what are marie's main combos

jailbait into ban

Telephone call xx FBI hotline

Marie Rose is the very opposite of jailbait actually.

>Honestly, I prefer this over what SFV gave us in terms of crossplay
eat shit fucking nigger.

just proving that all waifufaggots are the worst.

he probably has a point because it seems likely that sfv's netcode is garbage in part because of crossplay

Eat shit you, you fucking nigger. SFV crossplay is awful and worse than SF4 running on Steamworks. Matchmaking takes years. Profile management is absolutely retarded. Netcode is botched. Downtimes last whole days. Shit disconnects all the time.

You eat shit you dumb fucking nigger.

Shinkiro is a madman

>try skullgirls
>suck
>try sfv
>suck
>try xrd
>suck
>try marvel
>suck

practice

Fuck you enjoy your deadass Tekken with few players being split across three platforms just because Harada is a cheap faggot worse than Ono.

Literally defending them giving you less than other companies.

dp xx fadc xx sniff

play karnov's

Try Tekken

>try kof
>suck

Just because sfv did some things wrong, it doesn't mean it's inherently bad. That's like the people who think rollback sucks because sfv botched it.

Literally me.

What's the secret behind Marie's big feet?

Why all fighting games in 3d have the back-to-back "canned character intro cinematic A, character intro cinematic B" when 2d games went as far as to have custom character intros and banter with sprites? Isn't it easier to make animations in 3d? What gives?

Well sure but SFV was the proof that crossplay isn't inherently better than the regular deal. Especially when your game is already mainstream and has 1k+ players online around the clock. The games that really do need crossplay will never get it due to the costs.

I'm pretty sure you can hop on MKXL online on PC and get much faster matchmaking with better netcode than SFV PC despite way less players.

because theyd rather make costumes.

marvel is too hard

Lame.
I'd rather just watch 2B sfm shit

>watch max's new kolin video
>THICC THICC LOOK AT THAT ASS MMM THICC every tiime kolin's win pose plays

Reminder that the only reason crossplay is expensive is that console manufacturers prevent regular P2P connections between console and PC.

Let the man enjoy his videogames and ass. I watched some of his videos. He's actually pretty chill about games. His BoTW stream was spot-on for so many things Nintendo had done wrong over the years. He was even shilling for Cemu despite Nintendo paying him to stream BoTW.

The best thing about crossplay is being able to play friends or other people you know who have the game on a different platform.

Crossplay is nice but it's not a dealbreaker. I'm more concerned if the game will actually be properly optimized and if the netplay will actually work well.

My best buddy has a PS4 only as he is studying abroad and he didnt bring his PC.

Literally wouldnt be able to play with him without crossplay.
Crossplay is the most important feature in fighting games after netplay.

Nova is the only character I can have fun with. 5 years and I can't even come close with anyone else.

How do these fucking chinks do these fucking combos god motherfucking damnit, these input doors are fucking bullshit you need fucking bionic hands holy fucking fuck.

the in game trials are completely impractical but they do a great job of showing you what your character can do and what properties their moves have. its gets super easy from there.

Why do people act like crossplay is a must have feature for fighting games when only SFV does it, and it's also a mess? I would count KI too except no one fucking uses W10 store.

how does a regular man do Potemkin 6k loops

They practice and don't complain like a whiny bitch.

Don't worry my friend, Eddy is in T7 so you can mash your way out of the first three ranks

>I want to learn this subject but I don't want to study the book about it
Literally just watch a video and copy it. It's not that hard.
Also don't bother with umvc3 trials they are trash and don't teach you anything.

MVCI is cancelled according to Neogaf due to creative differences.

Wish they would've gotten their shit together before they even announced the fucking game.

>everyone I play in umvc3 is doing crazy combos in lag
>my S launcher input drops 50% the time

The true tragedy of fighting games is that rollback is still not used in 90% of them in the year 2017

eventhubs.com/news/2017/feb/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-not-forced-be-tied-any-comic-or-movie-canon-and-will-allow-developers-creative-freedoms/

uh lol

You can learn the muscle memory for 90% of the basic combos in fighting games in 5 minutes, 15 tops if you are slow.

So, Hows Mavhel on PC?

Its a good port?

>"according to neogaf"
LUL

interesting how every western developer uses ggpo whereas japanese devs use shitty rollback netcode (sf5) or shitty delay (gg, uniel, sf4, umvc)

As the japanese have comparetively good internet they don't feel the need to develop netcode and probably never will.

>Boot up SFV for the second time this year
>5000 fight money away from being able to buy a character
>Compete the 5k fm mission
>Go to the shop
>Remember Colon looks boring as hell, Akuma also looks more boring than he has ever been
>Close SFV without even playing it

should i get doa5lr or mkxl for pc

GAME CRASHED LOBBY IS BACK UP AGAIN
IM SO SORRY I KICKED ANYONE OUT OF THEIR GAMES

>LUL
go and stay go

At some point you only had one fighting game with netcode.
I bet faggots like you bitched about it back then too.
Its a great feature and its how everything should be. Everybody shits on Capcom for their fuckups, which is justified, but when they do something that is really fucking great fanboys of other companies act like its no big deal.

Harada knew that fans want it and he still didnt do shit. Tekken makes more fucking money than SF too. There is no excuse.

You already have Sonyggers in these threads viralling their shit trying to get as many people to buy a PS4 as possible because they want to get the bulk of the players.
Its just shit.

>except no one fucking uses W10 store.
Everybody who wants to use it uses it.
I bought two seasons worth of characters on it over paypal and it was all good.

Only real downside is that it forces win10, which not everybody is willing to switch to, which is understandable.

if the US was an island we'd have pretty good internet too

you played to complete the 5k mission
whats this weeks mission?

Doa5 has a f2p version you can try out.

are you actually doing a combo, or just mashing the attack button in that webm?

Watch Ken's epilogue. I literally did not play.

wtf, i love max now!