>Old Thread:
Bikini Fantasy Edition

========================================

>Persona 5 ‘Caroline & Justine’ trailer
gematsu.com/2017/03/persona-5-caroline-justine-trailer

>NieR: Automata launch trailer
gematsu.com/2017/03/nier-automata-launch-trailer

>Gran Turismo Sport unveils Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina
gematsu.com/2017/03/gran-turismo-sport-unveils-fittipaldi-ef7-vision-gran-turismo

>Final Fantasy VII Remake battles are action-based, cover optional
gematsu.com/2017/03/final-fantasy-vii-remake-battles-action-based-cover-optional

>Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix ‘Kingdom Hearts Final Mix / Re:Chain of Memories’ gameplay
gematsu.com/2017/03/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-2-5-hd-remix-kingdom-hearts-final

>Six new Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link screenshots
gematsu.com/2017/03/six-new-granblue-fantasy-project-re-link-screenshots

>God Wars: Future Past delayed to June 22 in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/03/god-wars-future-past-delayed-june-22-japan

>PaRappa the Rapper Remastered launches April 20 in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/03/parappa-rapper-remastered-launches-april-20-japan

>Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII: Fame and Strategy Expansion Pack Bundle rated in Australia
gematsu.com/2017/03/romance-three-kingdoms-xiii-fame-strategy-expansion-pack-bundle

>The Next Penelope creator announces anime-inspired AWAY for PS4
gematsu.com/2017/03/next-penelope-creator-announces-anime-inspired-away-ps4

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/tr_SubLIME
psnprofiles.com/StainlessPlastic
psnprofiles.com/golden_2343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gojira

>Call of Duty sale

4.50 update delayed, no plans to update media player

Post your profile.

Friend each other.

Rate tastes and recommend games.

psnprofiles.com/tr_SubLIME

Can you rec some japanese games. I only have soulsborne.

psnprofiles.com/StainlessPlastic

I may be paranoid, but Can power surges damage a ps4 if it is turned off but plugged in to a wall? I left it and my tv plugged in before work and its pretty windy today. How bad does the power surge have to be to damage it, and will it be apparent if the console was damaged when i use it after work?

Anyone have a good guess as to when the 4.50 update will be coming?

Now.

psnprofiles.com/golden_2343

What do I play first?

oh shit i've been holding onto an external hard drive since they announced support in this update

Return firis and play nier.

Return nier and play firis.

Waiting for Atlus...

I've enjoyed every Japanese game I've played this year (Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Yakuza 0, Nier so far). I don't own many other Japanese PS4 games I can recommend, aside from maybe Odin Sphere and The Last Guardian if they've improved the framerate.

Senran Kagura is a guilty pleasure, but the gameplay is trash.

Everyone will post.

No one will friend one another.

No one will rate or recommend games.

any good games on the ps+ freebies?

dunno, I have loads of ps4g friends on my friendlist

of course not

I got one like 2 seconds ago.

alright was thinking about getting nier playing the demo now

>NieR and HZD out
>still no update

update it yourself, we can't expect damoreth to keep updating it every week since he's too busy sucking on my dick in his spare time

Nier is fun for the whole family

I'm not the one who keeps updating it, please don't credit me for it but listanon himself.

Trash firis and play Nier

Nier.

I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship my copy of Nier. I'm really annoyed by that.

/v/ is on fire right now.

Anyone know how to equip the pod accessories? I just reached the resistance camp

>/v/ right now

Someone please answer

>look at DQB trophy list for the first time
>only 3 trophys left, 2 of which I was already working on the requirements for.
Damn, that was easy. Looks like I'm finally going to plat a game.

A power surge can fry the psu and possibly damage other components if the psu is internal, which it is in the PS4's case.
Get a surge protector.

Will it be very apparent something is wrong with the ps4 when i use it? Or can power surge damage be more subtle?

I don't think it will work if that happens.
I'm not an electrician so take my words with a grain of salt.

Most likely it wont work at all. Especially from a power surge.

Some electrical damage can cause more subtle issues but that's from things like electro static discharge. And that wouldn't happen unless you actually opened the thing up and started touching shit with your fingers. A full blown surge from a power outlet would totally fuck it up.

is it true that you have to replay like 40 minutes in nier if you die to the first boss?

Just buy a surge protector and don't worry, they're like $10.

Modern power supplies are decently resilient anyway. I mean, it's not exactly rocket science to place some of the components from the surge protector into the PSU...

If the first boss is what I think it is there's a save a few minutes before it so no.

so why is my friend here telling me that the reviewers are ignoring the trash itnro of the game with no checkpoints?

Oh you mean the intro level. Yeah it doesn't have any check points but you have auto heal so it's pretty hard to die.

I completely lost the will to complete FFXV, it's taking up the space but I dont want to delete the game because I have to redownload the patch later on if I want to play it again

thank you for answering

he is also complaining about bad hitboxes, any info on that?

The spinning arm things? Yeah their hitbox is like 3 times the size of the actual thing. If you don't dodge, you get it. Even if the thing doesn't actually touch you.

I can't say if that continues throughout the entire game but it seems to be the case for most enemies I've encountered so far.

thanks

so basically autosave and hitboxes seem to be the 2 real big issues

When you first start the game one of the first things that pops up is a message saying the game does not support autosave. So clearly it wasn't some oversight but an actual design choice. It actually made me laugh.

I have Toukiden: Kiwami both on PS4 and PS vita.

A friend of mine is interested in playing the game with me. Is it possible for us to play simultaneously, he on my PS4 while I play on my vita?

Without internet?

Without internet, definitely not. Two Vitas or a Vita TV can adhoc though.

I see. Seems ridiculously silly having to go through that and having to deal with lag.

I will have to make an account for my friend then I suppose.

Horizon

I really like nyonmyan but I'm too nervous to tell her how I feel.
I just want to hug her while she plats games.

Why the hell do games need to be either online or adhoc? What happened to LAN options for multiplayer games?

Tearaway is a good game

>LAN
look at this nerd.

>her
>she

srw v is so good

A question /ps4g/. Nier: Automata takes place in the same universe as Nier and Drakengard right?

Do I need to play them or at least watch some youtube video about the story or can I go blind with no prior knowledge to Automata?

I saw a lot of those "watch before you play automata" videos popping up but I think that's clickbait right?

Automata is a fresh story with possible fanservice from older games right? Just like Yakuza 0, right? Fuck I missed out on the whole PS3 era thanks to fucking World of Warcraft.

My backlog is so fucking huge I'll be 90 years old before I finish it.

What matters is how much you want to stick your face in 2B's butt.

It's not completely fresh and there's definitely some story impact from Nier. You can watch clemp's series for a detailed summary of the story. Or just go in blind, it's not a big deal.

You don't need to have played the previous games in the continuity, but you will appreciate some references. You can jump straight into Automata if you like, the devs have said so themselves. You'd appreciate a few things if you played Nier 1 first but it's not necessary.

>A question /ps4g/. Nier: Automata takes place in the same universe as Nier and Drakengard right?
In ending E of Drakengard that was a "joke" ending, the dragon and the giant get warped to earth. Yoko Taro decided to make a full game on this joke ending that was nier. Nier automata is in the same universe as nier.

>Do I need to play them or at least watch some youtube video about the story or can I go blind with no prior knowledge to Automata?
The only information you need to know for automata is the following.

After nier, aliens invade earth, aliens slaughter humans, humans flee to the moon, humans build androids and send them to earth to fight in hopes of taking back earth. Aliens create living machine and go into hiding.

>I saw a lot of those "watch before you play automata" videos popping up but I think that's clickbait right?
Basically they are yeah. However there are a couple good recap youtube videos of everything before.

>Automata is a fresh story with possible fanservice from older games right?
Yes.

>Just like Yakuza 0, right? Fuck I missed out on the whole PS3 era thanks to fucking World of Warcraft.
Yakuza 0 is a prequel, automata takes place a couple thousand years after nier. But yes, its a fresh story.

Send help

That's too lewd user, don't know If I can do that.
Got it, no idea who or what clemp is but I assume some youtuber?
Glad I can go in blind, might watch or read up on Nier as you all recommend.
>After nier, aliens invade earth, aliens slaughter humans, humans flee to the moon, humans build androids and send them to earth to fight in hopes of taking back earth. Aliens create living machine and go into hiding.

I didn't know anything about Automata but fuck that sounds interesting.

I will read up on Nier before I play Automata like you all recommended. I would like to play Nier but unfortunately because its disc only I couldn't find it anywhere. I hope we will get a remaster or something.

As for yakuza 0 I meant that I could go in blind into Zero and didn't have any problems with understanding the story.

I got it digital. EU store has a march cashback promotion where you get ~15$ back if you buy something in March. Thus I can get Persona 4 or Nier 15$ off.

>implying you can finish your backlog
>implying you won't just keep adding more to it

Get Nier though

Can anyone help me with the Nier DLC? I have all the pod skins downloaded and I read that they're supposed to be under key items but they're not. What do?

>I will read up on Nier before I play Automata like you all recommended.
No, i do not reccomend that. Dont read anything, dont watch anything, its just too much and not needed. Play Automata, after that decide you want to know more about certain stuff, which you 100 percent will and thats fine.

With the short background information i gave, the only other one that might be confusing otherwise is Emil. However explaining Emil can be very spoilerish, so im going to say it like this. Emil is a boy in the first game. Much shit happens, he loses his body and he becomes the skeleton we know as. After nier, as aliens invade, they fight Emil, Emil creates 85 million copies of himself fighting the aliens. The aliens for this consider him some sort of god of death and use his face for the living machines they create.

The first one will probably get released on next gen, as taro said the chance is very high is automata sells good.

You need to read ALOT to completely understand the first nier (from completing the game to reading the translated books to reading the shortstories to reading the drama CDs), and im not sure if watching youtube videos will leave you satisfied as i didnt watch any of them personally.

Right now, just play automata without doing anything else, complete the game, after you complete it, ask here if you have any questions, im going to buy the game on friday and play it 18 hours a day so i should be able to answer them monday.

PREORDER CANCELLED

>All these secondaries who never played previous title and just jumping to newest one

settings>account>restore purchases

>being a hipster faggot (inb4 n-no I'm not!)
>muh sekrit vet club

buy some rope

That did the trick. Thank you very much.

>Reviewers been playing P5 since February
>They've also already platted the English version.

What was the point of the delay again?

wtf

I am now DEEPLY concerned

do you guys have a discord?

Goldfarb is crazy, he bought the Japanese version and played/grinded through it without knowing Japanese like a true weeb.

Need your help, /ps4g/.
Lately in FF14, models have been loading in more slowly. And last night in Nioh, loading the Defiled Castle level took longer than it normally would. Plus when I went to an outside portion of the level, this happened till it fixed itself. And now, Automata is stuttering in cutscenes sometimes. So audio and video are out of sync.
Is this stuff related to the sluggish current-firmware bug going around or is it my hdd?

ugh

so it seems I need to update my ps vita beyond 3.60 to get it online so I can play with my friend meaning I can't use homebrew anymore

Is this really it or anyone got any suggestions on how to play without updating my vita?

If I never have to play this game again, it will be too soon.

Fuck everything about this piece of shit.

Are you serious?
The game is charming and fun.

Oh, visually it's beautiful and Trico is a great character.

The problem is that, as a game, it completely shits itself. Any game where you are forced to use an AI to solve platforming puzzles is going to result in failure.

You think he has played Metal Gear?

I'm probably just gonna buy a second vita for this

I wonder if she's played The Thing on PS2?

I would hope so since it's considered canon.

>she

I would love to but can't find it anywhere. Wish it was also digital.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind about that Emil guy. I'll go blind like you recommended then.
I'm really not a fan of series spanning generations of consoles when you can't even play the previous game anymore. Hope there is not much stuff from the previous Nier in it or at least I hope they set it up properly and explain stuff.

So we should just skip all those new games right?

It's not possible to play the previous parts anymore for some people.

Devs shouldn't be releasing series that span a couple of generations of consoles if it's not possible to play the previous ones.

Thought I was in /gbfg/

>post on /ps4g/
>already 2 post in /v/ using my post as bait

maybe hdd, I played horizon today and it was normal

I currently have unopened:

Uncharted 4
FF15
Gravity Rush
Gundam Breaker
Nier
The Last Gaurdian
Kingdom Hearts

What should I play after I plat Horizon? I already play Nioh if you are wondering why its not on that list. Yakuza 0 I cant because Mahjong

do i buy
nioh
or
every ps3 and ps4 atelier

Just did rebuild database. Still stutters in cutscene. ugh

kingdom hearts 2.8 final chapter prologue i'm a wanker redux edition

Gundam Breaker 3, I can play with you user