/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 7th:
238 – Roman subjects in the province of Africa revolt against Maximinus Thrax and elect Gordian I as emperor.
321 – Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
1936 – Prelude to World War II: In violation of the Locarno Pact and the Treaty of Versailles, Germany reoccupies the Rhineland.

>News
CK2 DD44 - An Expansion Should Not Travel Alone
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-43-an-expansion-should-not-travel-alone.1001889/

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/depot/354790/
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
youtube.com/watch?v=GXSk-WVLS2A
youtube.com/watch?v=EgZomhp7slY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

based

White.

La Erdogan

>smash THE patriarchy
There are plural patriarchs, the meme """achievement""" should either be to control one of them or renamed "smash the pentatchy", the five patriarchs are not "the patriarchy", they are "the pentarchy".

Jesus Christ, I hate it when a new DLC drops here, because all the /r/paradoxplaza fags come out defending paradox.

t. t*rkentini*n

turks = the most powerful white people and true successors to rome
FACT

What is best society?

ur mom lol

>implying that's not Kurdish Rum

What can we do to combat this W&B menace?

Why are /pol/tards so pathetic?

Should I go for my first Muslim or first Republic playthrough for M&M?

Does anyone else get some weird hellish screaming when changing the sound options in the menu (crusader kings 2)?

>gets basic shit wrong
>haha stoopid pol roflmao amirite my fellow redditors.??..?
I get it, you're ashamed and are now on the defensive, it's a natural reaction when you get something wrong, don't let it beat you up little buddy.

No "ignore shitposting" post?

/x/ if true

>>gets basic shit wrong
None of the people that you replied to were me, tho.
>>haha stoopid pol roflmao amirite my fellow redditors.??..?
Yeah, /pol/tards are stupid.
>getting this buttblasted over a fucking achievement

bigbenis in tears

>>>>>>>>delet

THE GAME KEEPS FUCKING CRASHING WITH THE NEW UPDATE

Lmao dude get a life

how do i avoid karling bullshit

epic samefag

Summon santa

How do I switch away from gavelkind? I´m playing the duke of karelia 769 and like to avoid everything splitting apart after I die. I know that having only one soon helps and marrying/killing the other children off.

Currently plotting to kill my vassals off. Fuckers deceided to have children immedialy after I conquered them.

Can someone upload just the latest DLC? Thanks.

Why is the Old Gods date start bad?

>hur durrrr reddit, it's not historically accurate

Fair enough, but I like to create a character and have a le legendary house. Tho I agree is lags sometimes waiting for things to happen.

*uploaded*
*sent*
there you go m'dude

should i disable epidemics

thx ;)

Ah yes, all according to plan
Fucking Byzantines and Bulgarians

Hey guys, I haven't been around in a while. Why was Aurora taken out of the OP?

>Catholic
WE

what

Is monks and mystics worth it?

>tfw can't continue my HIP game anymore

Stop trying to start shit, steamcordplaza.

redpill me on vic2 krakow

Asking again

You mean worth downloading? Yeah, sure.

Muslim republic.

Stop trying to start shit, steamcordplaza.

How do I make that happen

Mememagic

heeeyyyyy, why do the new german portraits in ck2 look "asian"?

>Castile has no sea access
Its perfect

is sengoku any good?

because germans are swarthy huns not true whites like anglos

>tribal muslims
>choose to be republic
Its easiest to do it while being norse,just kidnap a sunni girl and boom. Pagan is better though so... You can cycle through your girls if you find an infertile one.

You could use ruler designer, or I think there's at least one Muslim tribal ruler, in at least one start. If that guy is already on the coast, or you can get him a coastal province, you can then just progress to a republic the usual way.

i love destroying colonizating powers in eu4 or when they simply dont do well
>there are 1000 provinces they can colonize
>they chose to settle next to my already established colony
every single time

What is that castille with saltire flag in the north?

Elective Gavelkind is fucking great, pal.

>have max concubines
>make 20+ children with each character you play
>grant land to every single dude in your dynasty if possible
>make sure to expand so that there is always fresh land to give to your dudes
>entire realm is made up of people of your seed
>the most badass kinsmen accumulate retarded amount of prestige while your old fart is waiting for death
>kinsmen vassals nominate the most badass dude from your dynasty
>your old fart dies
>the most badass vassal becomes then next king/duke
>the new chief has enough prestige to call upon a tribal army from the get go
>the new chief has enough piety to call upon devout warriors
>the new chief has accumulated enough money to maintain tribal army and devout warriors for next few wars
>the new chief has conquered a few counties of his own and has invested money in them plus he gets your capital
>the new chief has already made alliances and friends to help him in ensuing succession wars

geez, man, when playing as pagan, you gotta like a pagan

source: a person who almost always plays Suomenusko dudes

good luck you have to reform the religion and convert to feudalism to change succession laws from gavelkind which makes it very hard to but not impossible but you need to be lucky

gaystille

Hi there, I'm a liberal sjw retard etc. etc., though not from reddit, and I'm here to tell you that everyone knows and no one cares.

Yes, it's obviously a political reference. Yes, by making this reference paradox is revealing (as everyone already knew) that they have socially liberal, typically Swedish political sensibilities. They are demonstrating that they are aware of the language of contemporary feminism.
What the fuck does that matter? A video game having a snide reference to a feminist slogan isn't going to make anybody say "wow I hate the patriarchy now!" and it's not going to prevent you from playing it if you happen to disagree, either.

Get over it. I'm so tired of crybaby /pol/tards who can't go ten minutes without getting assblasted by even the tiniest joke. Maybe paradox should've published a trigger warning along with the DLC to warn you that you might get offended, addressed to people whose heads are so far up their own asses that they care this much about a video game?

France will be super late since they always need time to eat their vassals. That takes up the dip mana to colonize. England is weak this game, lost all their vassals, maybe France and Scotland Ill try to eat it.
Spanish civil war but they actually divided into 2 countries. Trastamara vs Borgona. Castile is Borgona and the other is named after the dynasty. Winner gets Castile.

anyone gort link to monks and mystic

yeah

Ally Austria, get them to shit on Russia so you get some Polish provinces right away, and then play like Congress Poland.

yes

>Winner gets Castile
So you didn't landlock them at all?

Join the discord lad

Gr8 b8

not instigating autist to sperg out over jokes, wheres your sense of fun goy?

This

Oh but I do, Im allied to the weak one who cant win, but Castile cant beat me since I trashed them twice. So they are land locked.

/pol/tards BTFO!

>Yes, by making this reference paradox is revealing (as everyone already knew) that they have socially liberal, typically Swedish political sensibilities. They are demonstrating that they are aware of the language of contemporary feminism.
They're making fun of it. They pretend they're left wing to keep redditors on side but they're actually right wing as fuck. They called their Women in History expansion "Politically correct edition" on steam.
steamdb.info/depot/354790/

how will they ever recover from this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

What do I do with all this fucking money?!

>they're actually right wing as fuck.
Nice fantasy bro. Keep believing that.

Obviosuly Johan isn't some great political thinker though. I doubt he even knows what "smash the patriarchy" actually refers to. He would definitely chicken out way before the "smashing" part anyway.

>They pretend they're left wing to keep redditors on side but they're actually right wing as fuck
Guys, what if... it's a company... made up of different people.... with different political views... working together to make videogames that they all enjoy!
Woah!

>different people....
>with different political views...
>working together
To right-wingers this is literally the definition of being "cucked."

Now you can see why they insist on believing that artists, developers, etc. they like must be crypto-nazis.

>custom nations

I want to give vic 2 a try and learn basics through trial and error (probably going to fail a lot but whatever)
recommend me some cool smaller nation, would something in Italy be good for now?

Ireland is tutorial island

You don't know who you're messing with..

>he doesn't play the entire song by clicking different provinces before selecting his ruler

German count or Shi'a guy for a M&M game?

It's not a song, you fucking retard, it's a collection of notes arranged in a particular order.

>would something in Italy be good for now?
Sardinia-Piedmont is a good first-time country, but be aware that you are probably going to end up forming Italy, not just playing as a minor little country the whole time. Playing any of the other Italian minors is not a good idea because S-P will gobble you up when they turn into Italy.

You don't really want to play an overly small country your first time in this game anyway. The recommended starts are usually Prussia->Germany, S-P->Italy, Brazil, or maybe even the US.

>tfw eu 3 is STILL best paradox game when it comes to music
youtube.com/watch?v=GXSk-WVLS2A

You can't even play a song since the notes repeat themselves.

Yeehaw

Woah did you fucks actually wait for a thread to hit the bump limit before moving to a new one for once

>not EvW
youtube.com/watch?v=EgZomhp7slY

No.

>notes in a song can't be repeated
I mean, have you ever even heard a song? This is the most bizarre thing to misunderstand. Are you an alien or a sentient AI or something?

cs rin ru

He means it only plays one bar of the theme and then repeats that from the start, you can't play the whole thing.

It's just a short song m8

Is there a racial supremacy mod for CK2 which gives whites higher traits than non whites and if you mix a white with a non white the children are mongrels who lose all the good traits?

>he cares about muh cheevos
>he actually bought something from Paradox

why eu 3 is so comfy compared to eu 4? And im saying this as person who likes eu 4 too

If not for some atrocious stuff like ugly blobs
(bohemian-siberian snek still haunts me) i still would play it

>Ability to create epik Satanic and put them in games
>But can't do red robes for cardinals
Really makes you think

Wouldn't that mod have to give all the best traits like Genius to the Jewish characters?