/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Stolen Memes Edition.

Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

etd.auburn.edu/bitstream/handle/10415/595/MICHEL_III_55.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gooks are bent

what did he mean by this?

slavs have literally never contributed to humanity, only dragged it down.

I like when we complete a thread quick and get to pretend we're not one of the slowest generals.

Tell me why don't you work @ flight control irl?

Tell me why don't you just kys

Is Oxide /ourguy/ ?

Doubt it would be as fun as working at flight control!

doesn't flight control have huge suicide rates

Man can't wait for ED to push out this SECOND useless map so they can start working on shit that actually matters.

IRL of course. Why would you ever simulate Air Traffic Cucktrol?

Shits cool but I'd never do it in my free time.

Space, periodic table, etc.

People say that because it's a stressful job but if I rememberr right it's not that abnormally high.

It's also only stressful of you are doo doo.

wtf I hate oxide now

Fuck that does look amazing though, holy shit.

>works finally over
You kids ready to play???

It does.

I'll pick it up just for them graphixxxxxxx
fuck waiting for Caucasus 2.5

Holy fuck that lighting looks incredible.

look at this

W H E N
H
E
N

>that green glow on the top row of knobs

Cumming.

I pray every night that 2.5 is this giant fix it all patch. Not just graphics, but all the little shit we complain about finally getting taken care of.

1.5 was a huge graphical update, but it also fixed a shut ton of stuff. It was like 3 pages of patch notes.

Hopefully 2.5 brings DCS to modern standards. It's our last chance.

Suicide rates? It can't be more stressful than in busy vfx house working on latest movies with slave vage and unreasonable deadlines.

But then again, maybe it is, the way I see the job it is a real time management of cue. Each item in the cue need an access to air space for limited time. Their job is to arrange the air space so it is reasonably risk free.

Where's my kawaii co-pilot??

But that's wrong.

It's more stressful because if you fuck up you can kill hundreds of people. You'll be 100% ok, but hundreds of people are dead because you miss-spoke, lost situational awareness, etc. Welcome to jail.

You can't kill anyone by making a mistake in movie store.

You can however accidently line somebody up to wait on the runway with another aircraft short final causing them to collide killing everyone in both aircraft.

Risk free my fucking ass. That's where the stress comes from. There's no "I don't feel like trying/paying attention today" bullshit like other jobs. Every time you plug in there is that chance of shit going wrong. There's your stress, and there's your suicide rates.

(You)

Hey I'm the flight school babby that got nauseous the other day. How did you guys learn to listen to the fast as fuck ATC comms. I try to comprehend what the fuck is being said when I'm out flying but it all goes over my head. These dudes speak SO FUCKING FAST and sometimes it sounds like shit so I can't make up what they are saying. HELP.

When you're flying around just tune into the tower freq and practice listening.

Then again I never had any troubles with understanding ATC up here in Canadaland, but it may just be because there's less traffic or something idk.

FUCK OFF SLAVABOO

How hard is getting a job in ATC anyway?

Don't really care if I have to give up from stress after a few months, so long as I can get in the door and take a shot. I'm tired of having literally no connection to aviation whatsoever and feeling like a LARPer, even being a wash-out nighttime radio voice with PTSD would be preferable.

I think I might just end up buying a flight simulator and trying out that virtual ATC larper shit.

Also what do you when the guy in the tower has a terrible ass mexican accent and can't understand worth shit. Like nigga how did someone with shit accent get a job like that.

>SLAVABOO
NO

I'm a slavboo

MIG-25 is better than F-15

MIG-29 Is one of the best aircraft ever made

Soviet aircraft are state of the art

Offtopic to /simg/ but... what is the source? I haven't seen such true Aryan beauty in long time. I understand her hair is dyed but still. She could have been wonderful in Hitler jugend. Such a shame war ended like that.

Or wait... Is that a tranny??? Hope not. Off to the gas chamber!

>Is that a tranny?
no

and """"her""""" name is Alexandra Gayer

Is she planes?

No.

Fuck off

now she is

Doesn't count get tae fuck you little prick

>UN Sukhois

there's not a single planes in that image you cheater, spinny up going planes don't count

I haven't played DCS in a while, have they done something to nerf the missiles, because they feel shittier than I remembered.

>t. conor mcgregor

Reddit gold and this meme is hitting facebook.

Whew lad, I can hardly believe this myself

What kind of settings should I have in order to become competitively viable? I can't see planes or missiles for shit.

>DCS
OUJBNAWEGJNOWGANOUJAWGFNIOPWAGniopmwagnmpiagewipnjgwanijvanopwmgpiawgpaijwfijpawgjpiwagipjwapincancpwac

10/10 post. More of this please.

>I haven't played DCS in a while, have they done something to nerf the missiles, because they feel shittier than I remembered.

They nerfed the netcode into not working

Russian Knights officially moved over to Su-30SM

nice

KJHGU-IEOAP-JBENE-JAKSO-ALQJB-QNFBI-ZLKEW

I don't get it. Are you maybe autistic?

F-15A/C/I/S Eagle 102-0-0
Gulf War (USA) 32-0-0
Gulf War (Saudi Arabia) 2-0-0
Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Desert Fox (USA) 2-0-0
Bosnia (USA) 0-0-0
Kosovo (USA) 4-0-0
Afghanistan (USA) 0-0-0
Iraq (USA) 0-0-0
Syrian border clashes 1979-1981 (Israel) 19-0-0
Operation Opera (Israel) 0-0-0
Lebanon War (1982) (Israel) 38-0-0
Lebanon War 1982-2000 (Israel) 4-0-0
Lebanon War (2006) (Israel) 0-0-0
Iran Gulf Clash 1984 (Saudi Arabia) 1-0-0

MiG-29 6-18-1
Lebanon War 1982-2000 (Syria) 0-2-0
Gulf War (Iraq) 0-5-0
Transnistra War (Moldova, Russia) 0-0-0
Brothers in Rescue incident (Cuba) 2-0-0
Slovenian War (Yugoslavia) 0-0-0
Croatian War (Yugoslavia) 0-0-0
Bosnia (Serbia) 0-0-0
Kosovo (Serbia) 0-6-0
Kargil War (India) 0-0-0
Ethiopian-Eritrean War (Eritrea) 3-5-0
Georgian border violation 2008 (Russia) 1-0-0
Darfur War (Sudan) 0-0-1

SAD

So are French planes shit? Because the Mirage F1 has a bad combat record also.

Or are all the excuses ok when it's not slavshit????

F-5 also has a bad record, mostly in mudslime hands. Or is it ok because it was used out side it's intended role?

No they're both shit. All that matters is results nigga

Ok just wanted to confirm if you are a child or not. Questioned answered.

Great, now that you know I'm a big boy we can continue.

>can pick any plane to like
>picks the one with the best combat record for no other purpose but to shitpost about it to people that like literally any other aircraft

I guess when you have nothing going for you might as well win somewhere right? Lmfao

>projecting this hard

>implying this isn't 100% true

Your favorite WWII plane is the 109 for God's sake you kike.

Literally a bandwagoner lmfao

I'm not craig you silly

Ok craig.

>inb4 muh craig kike army

I'm literally not him tho. I just like pepe.

Can we just acknowledge that whoever (craig, custard, jack) made this meme did a fucking brilliant job

Yup. But who even is that guy on the right?

Ok craig.

It was Harmless, he told me yesterday and said not to tell anyone.

Nobody knows. The guy on the left is obviously artem mikoyan but the F-4/14/15/16 didn't have a common designer or engineer

That... actually makes perfect sense. False flagging himself for the lulz.

craig couldn't have lasted this long without the baited and bodied drop.

It's Pierre Sprey

Slav aircraft is better than western aircraft

Russian stealth technology is still analog and their only communication is done using radio.

However every vehicle on US battlefield is connected to "combat cloud" and share all the targets immediately be it a tank or fighter plane.

this isn't even discussing planes, it's just bait trying to outbait some retard who doesn't actually come here

here's a bmp instead

>baited, bodied
pls explain this meme, i've been lurking for months and I still don't get it

i thought he looked like Boyd

where the fuck did you get this? it looks amazing

It's just what craig replies with when he get replies to his bait or starts losing an argument. Or when we spregs out and then any post post is fair game

>Colonel John Boyd
>Graduated from the University of Iowa
>Harmless is from the city where the U of I is located

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Don't be a retard, do the free online AOPA course called "say it right". Its tablet optimised, but if you use a touch screen laptop use the fucking screen.

>With Colonel Everest Riccioni and Pierre Sprey, Boyd formed a small advocacy group within Headquarters USAF that dubbed itself the "Fighter Mafia".[10] Riccioni was an Air Force fighter pilot assigned to a staff position in Research and Development, while Sprey was a civilian statistician working in systems analysis. While assigned to working on the beginnings of the F-15, called the Blue Bird at the time, Boyd disagreed with the direction the program was going and proposed an alternative "Red Bird". This concept was for a clear weather, air-to-air only fighter with a top speed of Mach 1.6 and max 5 1/2G turn, seeing the Blue Birds Mach 2.5 and 9G as unnecessary and inefficient, they also wanted the aircraft to be devoid of radar. Boyd and Sprey both proposed this concept to Air Staff but there were no changes to the Blue Bird.[11]

What a fucking retard.

>clear weather
ok
>air to air only fighter
ok
>top speed of mach 1.6
ok
>max 5 1/2 g turn
for what fucking purpose

>devoid of radar

ok hold on nigga

With current doctrine bombers shouldn't ever need to go over .5 mach. They should always minimize heat and radar signature completely. This way they are practically invisible.

Even that, I can roughly see the case for if you've got ground controllers.

But then the need for manoeuvrability goes through the roof

>advocated for a design that was worse in every way
for what purpose

Essentially an expectation of a soviet zerg rush that bordered on strawman.

You can either rely on the smaller number of F-15 shooting down 20 odd MiGs each, or make a plane cheap enough that you can throw up 20 of your own.

Did anyone ever find peak numbers for the USSR and NATO airforces?

Alright here's the deal. Colonel Boyd developed an interesting theory known as Energy-Maneuverability, known as EM for short. A fighter can pull so much G before it begins to detrimentally bleed speed and energy. This point is known as the sustained turn point.

What Boyd wanted was so that the fighter was limited to this sustained corner point, so that the fighter would always be turning efficiently. In an ideal world this makes sense, you get the tightest turn for speed, but you also lose pitch authority that might give you an edge in a fight. Luckily this was thrown out when Red Bird ultimately became the F-16.

Also ya'll should read this. It's required reading on /k/ if you want to talk about the F-35 or Pierre Sprey. All were retarded in their own way, but Boyd did ultimately give something useful to the Air Force with his work on EM. He was still a fucking idiot though,

etd.auburn.edu/bitstream/handle/10415/595/MICHEL_III_55.pdf

>tfw you dislike the F-35 for further homogenising air-fleets and tend towards the Pierre Sprey side of things by default because of an unreasonable like for the F-5 WHAT, A RADAR? OVERCOMPLICATED JUNK. ADDING AIR-TO-GROUND CAPABILITY RUINED THE F-20. but can't bring yourself to actually believe he's right, or even to argue disingenuously with the "hidden motive" of encouraging a given course of action.

still be glad of the F-35 somehow got TSR-2'd though tbqh, perhaps just for the anger it would cause those wedded purely to rationality over sentimentality.

None of us care about your slavaboo plane

I can dig it, there's something romantic about a dogfighter, but an advanced aeroplane piloted by a well trained crew will smear a well trained pilot in an inferior plane. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but some truly fantastic aircraft have come from this train of thought, such as the F-15, F-16 (after the Air Force told the fighter mafia to go succ themselves) and now the F-22 and F-35.

What we really need is more arbitrary geopolitical interference desu.
We get F-16, Euros can have the F-20 or build their own thing.

>TSR-2

the best reason to cancel it was that it was fucking ugly

>Fighter mafia wanted nimble dogfighters with piece of shit avoinics

really makes me think...

You'll be ugly when I find out where you live for saying things like that, motherfucker.

>british planes
>anything but absolute abhorrent trash

lol look at this fucking trash ahahahahah