>13 track records in ACR trim

Why is this not a supercar again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrehQjsz5ck&spfreload=10
youtu.be/9WpaRIqDDN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was*

track records in ACR trim
Because it needs a none road legal trim to be competitive.

Also anyone thinking the interior is like typical Dodge/Fiat trash has never sat in one. It's solidly put together with no cheap plastics.

ACR is fully street legal

ACR is street legal
ACR-X and the GTS-R is not

>Why is this not a supercar again?
It is. This car makes Yuropooreans cry at night.

>handbuilt by street apes

Because it's a track car

Ferrari cried

As a europoor i am happy to see another sports car by Americans actually.

I consider it a super car

that's a beautiful interior

Why would it make Europeans upset? They make faster track cars that don't need a massive 8 litre engine to power them

See the bac mono or literally any radical
I'm sure the ariel atom is faster as well

Why can't Americans build proper performance vehicles?

>black people make better cars than europeans

Makes you think

Agreed. it manages to be Modern and not too complicated or futuristic. reminds me of the Driver-focused interiors of the 90 perfectly brought to life in the modern era.

Didn't motor trend say the interior fit and finish was shit or something like that?

>See the bac mono or literally any radical
Unlike the ACR they run on road legal rubber.

>it's the 100th America vs Europe thread today

Reminder this is a joint project between America and Italy

Those aren't production cars. i mean the Aero can go 250+ mph and doesn't need 8 liters like the Veyron. the GT can technically go 290+mph.

All Italy did was try to disconnect it from the Dodge brand (calling it "SRT Viper") and overprice it.

Because it's American

>no ABS
>no TCS
>no paddle shift
its too demanding for your average gtr shitposter

The new ACR does have ABS and ESC since it's required by law or something. Previous one didn't

>The new ACR does have ABS and ESC
toggleable or no? regardless, I'm sure a lot of guys have gotten their ecus reflashed to disable it

Those things make you go faster anyway

Even the zonda r has them

You can turn it off completely.

>V10
>only 206mph
murikan engineering

>V8, electric motors, AWD, DCT, active aero, mostly carbon fiber, nearly a million $
>slower around a track than a dump truck with some aero bits and a manual gearbox

German engineering everyone

What oz cup can those cup holders hold?

That said, I still love the fact everyone was circlejerking over the Viper "beating the GT-R" at the Nurburgring in the day.

>spec with no AC and ridiculous suspension
>essentially cheater slicks and practically no interior
>covered in aero enhancements

>only just beating a cheaper V6 Grand Tourer with a luxury interior

gj dodge.

Show me a viper faster than the 918 around the ring or thermal club (918 and acr were put around here with the same driver, not some paid fat ass American journalist)

I forgot to add that the actual professional driver (not some paid journalist amerilard) took the 918 around almost five seconds faster than the acr

Stay btfo

link?

Viper is cheaper and doesn't have AWD, still beats the nip car.

The gtr is faster than the viper around the ring
Unless you want to bring a non street legal purpose built race car acrx into the equation

In which case... the NISMO GTR gt3 laps in 6:40s

If I post Laguna Seca times are you just going to bitch and whine because you don't like it?

All GT3 cars would Lap in 6:40. alphonse or someone said that's where they got the estimate for the time.

Nah, I just don't care for lap times that are the result of an entire day of record attempts in a single car being compared to the best results from a mere handful of hot laps
Which is pretty much the deal with every track in America

Laguna Seca - 1:28.65
Road Atlanta - 1:26.54
Waterford Hills - 1:10.89
Nelson Ledges - 1:06.21
Motown Mile - 51.17
GingerMan Raceway - 1:31.91
Pittsburgh International Race Complex - 58.37
Grattan Raceway - 1:22.09
Virginia International Raceway - 2:40.02
Willow Springs Raceway - 1:21.24
MotorSport Ranch - 1:16.98
Buttonwillow Raceway Park - 1:47.70
Inde Motorsports Ranch - 1:33.75

Oh look, all day long record attempts vs a few hotlaps
So desperate Lmao

Theres a reason dodge hasn't put it around the ring, because they don't want their false reality of all day long record attempts vs random hot laps to be shattered

>Reminder this is a joint project between America and Italy

The only part Fiat had in this car was buying the company and discontinuing it after it whupped the shit out of pretty much every Ferrari.

it was FMVSS #226

So it's almost as fast as the Demon?
It's ok I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=zrehQjsz5ck&spfreload=10
Tfw Pennzoil manages to make better car films than the fast and furious series

I can smell it, i thought king ranch's had too much raw hide.

That's probably a lot better than what the actual viper sounds like. Doesn't matter.

DEAR FUCKING JESUS THEYRE MAKING A DODGE DEMON ONE
>I'VE ALREADY CAME PENNZOIL PLEASE

Because Americans only make overweight shitboxes that can only barely turn. The Viper is only a good car because of Italians turning a literal truck engine into something decent and making a chassis that can handle the stresses while still driving reasonably well.

Until a turn.

I'm American and get a chubby at the thought of the demon but let's be realistic, it's a drag car and nothing more. They even changed the rear suspension from the hellcat for the demon to be soft so it would squat and put power down at the launch. It's built to go straight, nothing more.

It's in the middle of a Venn diagram where super car, sports car, and muscle car meet. It's supermuscle.

Let's face it, as much as I like the viper Chevrolet rekt em sales wise by being just as good for a fraction of the price.

>I'm ok with this description

A muscle car that can turn, holy shit.

>while being just as good
Pretty sure the viper doesn't overheat after two minutes on a track, unlike the corvette e
Pretty sure they don't have wide spread issues of engines catastrophically failing from between 6 miles and 6000 miles, unlike the corvette
Pretty sure the current generation viper didn't have half a dozen recalls within a single month of release! Unlike the corvette

And I'm pretty sure it can manage to beat a decade old v6 nissan
... unlike the corvette

SNEK A CUTE. A CUTE!

Italians never touched the chassis. they recasted the engine in aluminum so it was lighter although in some races it wasn't even allowed to use all 10 cylinders so they shut 2 off making it a V8 which is what it was originally going to be.

Do you actually believe that or are you simply writhing in asspain induced denial from the loss?
>I know the answer :^)

All valid except the argument about recalls.
We all know Chrysler wouidn't bother to address a known issue unless the government threatened them repeatedly.

replied to wrong person

How does it handle the touge? Will it be able to get close enough JEE TEE ARU and be able to read the legendary symbol for invincibility?

The Viper V10 has been Aluminum-block since day 1. The truck V10 is actually a Viper V10 in cast iron, not the other way around, and this was way before the Italians anyway.

>lets not attempt to push a car to it's limits in order to get it's absolute best lap time.

Drink Cyanide

>a Japanese v6 beat an American v8
>it took an American v10 to beat said v6

Would the JEE TEE ARU beat snek if it had a v8 instead?

Nice selfie bruh
Stay btfo

And gm doesn't recall ignition switches that they know kill people until they are threatened with fines that would send them bankrupt

Dodge is an angel compared to gm

no, because they would have simply boosted it to get the same power ratings.

youtu.be/9WpaRIqDDN8