mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/416020/announcements/detail/680445948134189459
steamcharts.com/app/271290
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=481&l=36ab7d953fed6c1ac30c7511ecc485e006a8c3d4
kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1824640
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for is MWO p2w?

maybe

But guys, what about the spaceships?

Hey vass what about ODing on drugs? That would be nice.

Waiting on spaceships, just like we wait for a good mech game.

LOOK AT THIS POOF

LOOK

It looks like a spider got its wish for missiles, but at the cost of being worth a fuck.

Reminder that MW3 was the best MechWarrior and truest to the perfection that was Table Top balance.

>mech sale
>it's all IS shitmechs

ugh

why bother getting nigger knight or cripplecrab when IS laserboats are complete trash

kinda want the King Crab but an Atlas is better...

How 2 maek CASE useful:

1. The further away ammo is placed from a weapon, the longer it takes to cycle. Same part = 100% reload time, 1 part away = 108% reload time, 2 parts away = 116%, 3 parts away = 124%. Legs will be considered 3 parts away from arms (Leg -> CT -> Side -> Arm) even if that is not synchronous with damage transfer rules.

2. Ammo is now consumed on a per-weapon basis from nearest ammo bin (but takes from HD and CT first), so leg ammo is less necessary to avoid ending up with an empty gun.

3. Light Fusion Engines

>nerfing IS mechs again

lmao

>tabletop balance
>perfect
nice joke friend

The 'Sin was never a good mech, in any iteration of Battletech/Mechwarrior. Why they made one for MWO, I'll never fathom.

You'll be able to look down. Wow.

I will never understand why weapon boxes are not allowed to take colors. A giant ugly black box is just wrong, especially if the cancerholes don't take up all the space available.

C U T E
U
T
E

Is this a game I can torrent?
I'm really interested in trying it out!

And not see anything, since the dashboard and pedals will be in your way.

It's already been said that giant glass viewport on top that looks like a cockpit isn't a cockpit. Lets see if that was only their positoin at the time.

HGA update released, adds mortars and bazookas, and persistent fire particle effects for the flamethrowers among other updates. steamcommunity.com/games/416020/announcements/detail/680445948134189459

when is pgi going to release the lao hu?

It's nice that not everyone is terrified of big long guns.

>It's already been said that giant glass viewport on top that looks like a cockpit isn't a cockpit.
You're gonna have to provide proofs on that.
There's at least one Twitch stream that claims you will be able to look out of both windowed areas.

HGA is halfway between stompy robitts and roboninja mecha, right?

MWO isn't terrified, just insecure.

Boo hoo

In terms of the units in the lore the Gears are something of a cross between APCs for armor level and vehicular movement in secondary movement system mode rolling around on their wheeled/tracked feet, and armored troopers in walking mode that can dodge, go prone and strafe in addition to jumping or jump jetting around. Typically carrying hand held lasers, rifles and autocannons along with some mounted weapons like rockets, bazookas and mortars in addition to grenades and melee weapons. They are rougly equivalent to ProtoMechs in size. Striders are more like BattleMechs in terms of size and firepower and usually have a pilot and gunner. Tanks and Hovertanks tend to be the largest units with the most armor and firepower and usually have multiple crew.

man, despite MWO mechs looking shit they at least look unique and have distinct silhouettes

this shit looks so fucking bland
yeah it's mech but it's just rank and file fodder looking shit, not customize and personalize your mech shit

>heavy gear assault is 40 bucks
stop posting this

also
steamcharts.com/app/271290

>Hawken has more players than MWLL
lol
kong drops when

There are still some ancient shitmechs PGI hasn't bothered updating that have their big dick guns. Victor is one.

The standard Gears are customizable but they look similar because they are using a common skeleton based off of the Hunter. So the different armor sections that can be swapped around have to fit within certain physical parameters to maintain the range of motion provided by the common skeleton. The Striders are where there is more visual variety in 2/4/6 legged units that have unique structures. Some Gears have unique geometry due to their use of buttwheels or kneewheels for SMS mode and likely will require different skeletons. The Gear Striders are oversized Gears that also are likely to have different internal structures simply due to their larger scale. The Support and Assault Gears are probably going to be using the standard skeleton from the Hunter like the other Trooper and Recon Gears but will have some modifications to the feet to increase their overall height and account for their tracked SMS systems.

Going down that road again when a single Mech pre-order can cost that much?

Yeah that road because where are the players?

Sleeping for the most part. There also isn't widespread interest in playing an early access title all day long in multiple timezones that is still at least nine months from full release.

Ok

HGs are as far as any robitt has gotten on the realism scale. They are big metal humans doing big human things, taking full advantage of their hands and feet rather than being semi-useless shield-things like in Mechwarrior.

They are bland because the devs decided that every Gear should use the same internal skeleton with different armor pieces tacked on instead of the wide variety of body shapes that the original designs had.

the 7 people that play this are probably happy to hear it.

delet

There is a certain degree of visual monotony in the original Gear designs as well where the standard bipedal troopers are concerned.

Right after they do all of the following:
release the Pirahna mech
release quad mechs that have very strong equine styling
release my little pony color groups and decals
release the Wasp, Stinger, Ostroc, Hatchetman, Crusader, and LAM mechs
release aerospace fighters to be piloted and used in game
Allow units their own dropships to drop mechs anywhere on the map instead of where the game things they should be dropped
Bring in Comstar as AI'ed opponents for faction and unit gameplay
release movie tie-in theme packs such as an Avengers customizations pack, a Minions customization pack, R2-D2 themed Urbanmech custom paint job, etc
release Voltron as a playable mech
release the five lions from Voltron as playable mechs
allow faction warfare to utilize all mechs regardless of affiliation
allow multiboxing as part of the basic game so I can play as a lance of my own, or a company for that matter

These must all be addressed first

I dream of a proper modern MechWarrior game every day.

I wish they forced Australians to stay on the Oceanic server.

get brain cancer all of you.

The pastel colors are already in the game, and it shouldn't take too much convincing from people in the company like Tina and Lauren to sneak in a decal or two.
Soon pony, Soon™.

ALMOST one full server

inb4 murifats r bad and rageposting

One thing that I like about this skill tree and engine nonsense, is that shitmechs like the IS orions actually get a nice boost from not having to worry about acceleration and deceleration.

Being able to put on a shitty little STD or XL engine leaves so much more tonnage for better weapons, ammo and heatsinks.

I hate how the vocal majority seems to think superbike acceleration and deceleration makes for better gameplay. Mechs should be slow as fuck and every movement should be an investment.

It is to compensate for the fact that we can't sidestep despite being all humanoid walker robutts. Quad sidestep rules are just a quirk of the tabletop method but that doesn't help the realtime game's feeling.

>Developers created huge maps for better maneuverability that was requested by playerbase
>Playerbase wanted maps that had lots of flank opportunities, developers made huge open maps with easy sniping lanes
>introduce several fundamental mechanic changes in one go
>previously introduced huge maps will now actually become boring to play as players on both sides will be forced to spend several minutes, even if walking straight at each other, to get into maximum range that has been reduced from previous maximum range for which map was made for.

Quick accel/ decel did make for better gameplay, as player survivability in the clusterfuck of stupidity that is the 12 versus 12 setup was mostly in your hands with the sort of build you had.

Now, on the other hand, even if shitty old mechs get better acceleration for their ancient, retarded hardpoint restricted loadouts they will be too slow to actually get out of trouble. The changes on the PTS help really shitmechs that were forced to take STD engines, but screw over EVERYONE else. Which means that random player gameplay will become extremely passive for snipers, and just straight up braindead for anyone medium to shorter ranged as they're forced to rush into enemy lines.

Without the agility currently on the live servers, I highly fear shit will become even more braindead than before. The number of mechs with the perfect storm combinations drops even further from before, to just like 3-4 different chassis, which REALLY shows. Since everyone becomes cumbersome, mechs like the Battlemasters feel even better than before now. Since those perfect storm chassis can still somewhat peek and poke, have great hardpoint locations for it, and are just durable enough with enough firepower to fuck over the increased conglomeration of shitmechs.

So... you think that even moving in the game should have its own punishment?

What are you, a LRM sniper or some shit?

You do realize you're pretty much advocating for ERPPC jumpsniping and nothing else, if movement is to be an "investment" ?

At the end of the day there's far too much wrong with MWO to be able salvage it.

You really are a special kind of retard you know that?

It's too bad the skill meme will get chopped, because it's a terrible fucking idea, with an even worse execution.

So someone explain to me why every mech gets the same amount of points to spend on the new skill tree?

Because to do otherwise would be fundamentally imbalanced in its own right.

Since several mechs get to keep their quirks, and MANY of the previously considered "overpowered" or "broken" mechs get completely shafted with acceleration, deceleration, torso twist speed and turn speed reductions, reducing the amount of points available for certain mechs would just be asinine if not downright petty.

Timber Wolves for example, are getting ridiculously shafted by the engine decoupling. They STILL have negative quirks on their components, even after PGI said no mechs would have them anymore, because the playerbase are so damned petty, insecure and incompetent that they can't manage to focus on a one-sided laser torso.

Here's a comparison:

>marauder bounty hunter accel/decel/ torso twist speed/ turn speed stats:
24.63 KPH/s, 22.66 KPH/s, 90 DEG/s, 50.42 DEG/s.

>timber wolf accel/decel/ torso twist speed/ turn speed stats:
19.49 KPH/s, 21.63 KPH/s, 76.5 DEG/s, 42.39 DEG/s.

Where previously the timber wolfs high rating engines great tonnage cost was a drawback in its own right, now it's now an utter hindrance, as with a set accel/ decel stat, hard break and kinetic burst affect you less than they affect the marauder bounty hunter, resulting in more dangerous skidding for the timber wolf.

And for anyone who isn't facing or surrounded by complete mouthbreathers, such uncontrollable extra momentum can be a death sentence.

And they didn't even completely decouple the agility, they're still going to fucking give every mech their own speshul snowflake agility values and still retain the crippled torso twist angles on the mechs that have them. What an aids-ridden shitfest.

The skill tree could've been good but nigger shitteroid whining made them include the agility/engine decupling and not even do it properly.

>nigger shitteroid whining

Oh by the way, those timber wolf stats were from the Timber Wolf Prime, with its 10% extra accel/ decel quirks from the 8 part set.

No other timber wolf have those for THEIR 8 piece set, their stats are:

>Accel - Decel - Turn speed - torso twist speed

17.72 KPH/s, 19.66 KPH/s, 42.39 DEG/s, 76.5 DEG/s.

So those are your default timber wolf speed stats.

Yeah, primarily inner sphere only, tier 4-3 pilots whined for the movement quirks to be included into the base stats of the IS mechs.

And now they're whining and campaigning for PGI to let all current weapon quirks to stay on their mechs in addition to being able to pick and choose extra quirks from the skill tree.

why does PGI even bother listening to a community that is 90% made of shitters that have no idea how to play the game?
i mean im fucking bad but at least i dont have the arrogance of giving suggestions to the developers about a game i barely understand

It's almost like they thought the pig would improve something, so when they saw that it wasn't an improvement, they demanded that the old things that were an improvement, and have been in the game forever, be grandfathered over, and fuck anyone at PGI who feels they know better, because they clearly don't.

I have always said that the quirks should be removed entirely and shifted into nodes on the skill tree, whether they come as new nodes or the bonuses are diffused throughout the existing nodes. Set of 8 quirks can probably remain to continue to encourage build variety wherever possible.

Set of 8 is fucking garbage and doesn't encourage anything else except feeding the pig so you can have your mechbays and your omni CTs for specific memebuilds.

So you mean that Omnis are still enjoying too much of a leg-up against Battlemechs in an ostensibly symmetrically balanced game? All the more reason to increase the strength of Set of 8 quirks then!

>a mounted machine gun
>120m reach
literally what the fuck

should i grab a Mad Kitty hero?
i wanna try this build on it..is it good?

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=481&l=36ab7d953fed6c1ac30c7511ecc485e006a8c3d4

everyone told you to not buy a tempest yet you did anyway

When will we be able to buys Lao Hus

i did 900 dmg in a tempest today after lunch m8

Already asked this thread here: Already answered here:

PGI needs to remove the mechlab. Mechs should be stock mechs only.

>muh dmg
you can do damage in anything if you are ignored

kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1824640

HBS revealed their 'reverse PGI' trap card. Heffay bitched, all the other golds cried tears of joy.

>Golds cried tears of joy
No, no, you swecuck, that's urine coming out of their tear ducts.

>HBS Buttholetickle good goyim demo pushed back

lål

a delayed game is eventually good.

a rushed game is bad forever.

no

It just means they're another step closer to running out of funding and having to cancel the project.

because they dont know where their loyalty lies. PGI doesnt know if they should cater to the retards who spend thousands of dollars on their game, or the competitive players who actually know how to play their game and give honest advice on balance.

But honestly, I'm pretty sure they cater to the people who spend money on a game who cry when their 80 dollars goes to waste because a patch nerfs w/e mechs they bought.

but you cant reach that high of damage in a shitmech. you need the loadout and he clearly has it. stay mad

>but you cant reach that high of damage in a shitmech
hahahahAHAHAHAHAAH

hello REEEE SHITMECH REEE NO FUN ALLOWED COMP META ONLY EVER REEE REEE -user

i see you're back and sperging out.

you DO know it IS entirely possible and not even very challenging to take 'shitmechs' out with not-retarded builds and do well in QP.

>but what am I saying, this is the idiot who claims it takes less skill to do the same in a shitmech as someone in a meta-built meta mech.

>you can't reach that high of damage in a shitmech
>it's not very challenging to do well in shitmechs

which one is it?

Guys is MWO p2w?

It is p2w for 6 months at a time when the latest grabdeal preorder happens, then the Mechs are nerfed right before being released for c-bills in favor of the latest grabdeal being overpowered. It's the circle of golden whales feeding the pig.

Yes.

Not really, it's p2lookpretty

>tfw every day you hear the call of your shitmechs, and are compelled to log in to play awful matches of robots on awful maps with awful teammates piloting your awful mechs