Racecars

The fire rises i'm finally one step closer to racing. Going to race oval track. Does anyone here race? What do you race? General motorsport thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

justbeamit.com/f4ppa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing big. I drive a crx in my local scca club.

>Does anyone here race?
>on Veeky Forums
bench race maybe

lmao i'm sure a lot of people "drift"

Drifting is not racing

i thought they had like tandem racing?

It's not a race, it's a competition for the coolest drift.

Drag race occasionally. Have only done it competitively a couple of times. Occasionally attend a track day at a circuit track near Denver. Plenty of road rallies though. Pic related.

what's a road rally like heard of em before just never looked into them is more of a road trip or a time trail with checkpoints etc.?

15 seconds

I do NASA stage rally. Car is a 95 Impreza. AMA

Where

It can be both. The ones I've done dont like to be called "races", but generally if you finish before everyone else you win. You can haul ass and try to win or you can cruise and see the sites. Some of them are just excuses for rich guys to speed and party, some are just comfy road trips with other enthusiasts. I've really enjoyed the ones I've done and plan to enter more. Always fantastic locations and roads, the people are also great.

Eleven Seconds :^)

ya where always been interested in rally may look into it after i'm settled in on the oval

I do autox through scca. only done a few so i'm not at a competitive level or anything. I have done one track day and plan on another later this summer somewhere in texas. Maybe TWS, Harris hills, driveway austin again, or wherever scca goes

Mostly southwest US. CA/NV. To compete in the full series I have to go to Idaho for one event but otherwise all others are within a days tow.

Every time I see these pictures of this off brand gumball it makes me think of the fake generic brands of cereal, like instead of Cocoa Puffs you get Chocolate Spheres. Not sure why. The real rallies are dumb but at least some people have nice cars, the shitbox ones are funny, but $15k financed Mustangs with cold air intakes covered in fake sponsor stickers is just kind of sad.

Motocross, 450 B.

I raced karts since 5 and formula cars late teens, but cars are too fucking expensive. Motocross is 90% skill 10% money so it's more enjoyable. Plus there's 3 national level tracks within 30 minutes of my house.. closest decent car track is 4 hours.

I'll autox sometimes though just to keep the muscle memory strong.

Most of the mustangs are rentals. It's not a car show, it's a driving experience. That said there's always a couple of interesting cars partaking.

>Best value in safety

Cuz thats what you want when buying safety equipment

Also for the record they're real sponsors.

>tfw had my rental mustang for 3 years

Nice, how much did they pay you?

> drag """race"""
> road """rally"""

>"""you"""

They help pay for parts of the event such as track day, money towards the charity, and overhead for the organizers

Thanks for responding

"the more expensive the safer it is"
don't fall for the meme

anytime bro

Most my team has recieved from one was $500. It's all for charity so it's not hard to get them to cough up some dough.

Kek

I autocrossed my old Si a few times

Wow the road rallies actually sound pretty neat and right up my alley since I enjoy a more laid back cruise

>Each RoadRally team is required to have two people - a driver and a navigator. Anyone on the team planning on driving during the event must also have a valid drivers license. Teammates can be best friends, spouses, parent and son/daughter, co-workers or random people

Oh. So just another thing I'm barred from then

>7952x4472

Got the uncompressed image, perchance? Y-you shoot RAW, right?

Buy me a plane ticket and I'll be your shotgun bitch for life

I want to race. I went to a track day once and it was fun as fuck, but I don't want to put my daily through that punishment as I want it to live. When I eventually can buy a house then i'll have room to work on another car and probably get a miata or similar cheap/rwd car that i'll track. That or rally also seems really fun, buy an old impreza or something would be awesome.

Sad that it's such an expensive hobby. For now I'll just sim race

btw i can wrench and weld

ya tracking is real expensive if you want to be competitive that's why i'm oval racing the class i'm running is pretty much a stock car with the interior ripped out and a cage

I can when I get home. Is there a board on here that supports RAW?

I mean you can find near-stock series for miatas at least, but also traveling to anything aside from the track in my city would be a huge pain. Plus I don't have friends to make a team with. There's leMons also, but it's not as cheap as they make it out to be and you're pretty much tossing the car after the one event.

Seems like karting is really the way to go if you want cheap racing fun but again travel is a pain but at least there are more tracks and you wouldn't need a team to work on them

does anybody here race karts?

I race pretend racecars

I'm not sure, but you can always hit me up on my throwaway [email protected]

I don't know what I can offer you in return but I'm open to suggestions, cheers m8 and no worries if you CBA

Took my NA Miata to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway for a Roadster Cup event two weeks ago. It was the most fun I have ever had with my 90hp shitbox. I plan to run the car for the entire season now.

Plans for the car is just a proper racing seat, safety equipment, fixing my throttle body, do a coolant reroute, and seal/duct my radiator to keep my engine cool for this season.

Details on the Skyline. Nice to know somebody is putting it on a track.

Damn, don't know why my post got deleted but I'll post it again

I am very seriously considering getting into proper track days and eventually racing. I have a NA Miata and I am going to try and go on the 5th for my first event ever up at NHMS. I already know it's going to be a blast. My main concern is the cost. I don't want to spend $320 for the track day and miscellaneous fees for prep.

ya all you have to do is save up for a kart and the safty equipment then your pretty much set if you have a pickup to haul it around

>$320

Wow that is expensive. I only paid $125 for the track day (CVR and it was Miata/Honda exclusive) as well as $20 for a helmet and $5 for track numbers.

Are you going as part of a Miata series or just an open track day?

yeah 320 is expensive. better be a famous track or something for that much, unless you're paying insurance for the day too.

My local track is $160 for full day or $100 for a half day during the summer, cheaper during the winter

and yet I have none of those :&^)

Here it is:

justbeamit.com/f4ppa

Can you race in fwd? A-asking for a friend

Absolutely. RWD is a meme

Open track day...but mazda owners get 10% off lol. normally its $385

Yes you can race fwd, people drive fiestas in rally all the time.

no tracks in my country
fuck this gay earth

time attack on street and ice track.
Got a dedicated sports car now and I am starting time attack on kart tracks and race tracks as well.

But what if Siri was my partner/navigator and i put my phone in my passenger seat?

Autocross is a decent option for wanting to race your daily. You won't really put any wear on your car and it's a cool way to meet local car people and groups. It's usually not crazy expensive either.

Time attacks at a local track (they're almost autocrosses but still fun) and drag racing ocassionally. This year I'm gonna try my hand at a nationwide hillclimb championship, pic related.

I seriously think heroine or cocaine would be cheaper than this lifestyle. Plus, plenty of cocaine avaiable locally at good prices, unlike turbochargers and other stuff.

>track

Road rallies.

You really think someone would risk totaling a $70k+ 70's gtr?