/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Legion Edition

Currently 60% off on Origin for $24, Deluxe edition $31.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.

>News
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes (release TODAY)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
Frontier News Network 9 (double XP weekend for Live Fire matches)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-9/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

syampuuh.github.io/mods
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/168623056/#168755983
pastebin.com/k6aRuQgZ
syampuuh.github.io/mods,
mega.nz/#!t4pxmIzB!Zm3GUcH_A2NrG7vQRnKOoNpbyb22GNAMbSZYHQREYAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for poor user

>mod dump
syampuuh.github.io/mods

hell, my only guess then is that it's an issue with the compression. have either of you tried recompiling the VPKs uncompressed yourselves with the source files? in the meantime, i'll see if i can get uncompressed downloads online within the night.

>like 5th for Viper Team Epic.

>get distracted and miss making the new thread
>other user doesn't put the mods in it
g-git gud

No, but I'll give it a shot later. Maybe after happy hour tonight.

cold war is my raifu!

sounds good, let me know how that goes then

So what mod is causing the crash? Can you single it out to one of them?

I want Ion to keep me safe forever

Man how the fuck do you guys know how much health you have and how doesn't that fucking red jam bullshit not make the game fucking unplayable for you?

it seems like it's just anything changing mp_common if it's happening with the combos, unless someone's had the issue with only the speedometer mod

>how the fuck do you guys know how much health you have
i guess you just get a feel for it overtime. i dont really notice the "red jam" stuff anymore

whats the url? ill save it incase i end up making the next thread again

>post LTS dick swings

Grand Cannon is bae.

sorry, if someone's had the issue with the speedometer mod*
if that's not the case that'd mean it's something with just the crosshairs that i could try to troubleshoot if i had that starting idea

What are /tfg/'s tips for aiming good-er?

lower mouse sensitivity
practice
learn the maps

stay calm and lower sensitivity

i feel like model swapping the r-201 with the r-101x. is it complicated or is there some sort of tutorial for it out there?

aimbot

Anyone got a copy of the reduced flares mod here? OP seems to have taken it down. boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/168623056/#168755983

>happy hour
>On PC
>Come be fast, frien

move and rename the appropriate model files in mp_common, use this as scripts/weapons/mp_weapon_rspn101.txt to automatically adjust the ADS model offset: pastebin.com/k6aRuQgZ

moved everything to syampuuh.github.io/mods, it's now at mega.nz/#!t4pxmIzB!Zm3GUcH_A2NrG7vQRnKOoNpbyb22GNAMbSZYHQREYAk for the standalone vpk

already in a stack

>no longer have to keep tfgeneral up to date

was happy hour changed?

Gas the tones

Happy hour in 20 minutes my dudes. Anyone looking to stack tonight?

I'm attempting to test now but queue keeps giving me Stacks because Respawn's too retarded to add every mode to private match.

currently investigating why japanese localization can't get party invites; if i can't find anything client side i might have to hop onto my japanese origin account and ask for people to try and invite, if it's an issue with the modded DLL rather than a weird server thing i'll need to figure that out.
people playing with the german dub (or whatever else), have you been able to receive network invites from english players?

and this is exactly why i'm loathe to investigate an issue i can't even trigger myself, lol, thank you for helping me test this out

No, britpilot has to work. He shall cheer you on from the sidelines, or in spirit.

Be fast.

I'm not too worried about tanking my winrate by leaving these. Sixth queue was the charm and gave meadow. Crash is still present after compiling the vpks myself. I'm going to repair installation and then try with just crosshairs and see what happens.

she sure will

I also want her to take care of me and my needs

Thanks dudes!

update on japanese localization, it's definitely something related to the locales themselves and not the mod, so hopefully that means it'll be a simpler fix.

thanks a bunch for the help, mang
i've looked into meadows itself and there don't seem to be any scripts running within it on the client at all, so this is really puzzling. my best guess is that one of the crosshairs isn't being precached when the map's loading or something but i don't see how that's possible if it doesn't have any scripts to do that work to begin with, so this'll take some work to figure out.

No problem my dude. I'd like to test it with just speedo as well for completion's sake, but if I do its going to have to be tomorrow. Way too tired.

>it's been a week since my last tfg stack

I Fucking hate working nights

*thermite cannons revving up in the distance*

okay, this feels kind of like it might be too obvious, but can someone with the ability to set the network to enable Asia as one of our regions and Japanese as a language? the game seems to do a lot of (unnecessary) curation when it comes to a lot of network related things depending on localization and region settings per network.

no problem, every bit helps

>in-game segregation
For what purpose, Respawn?

What scorch kit?

Not him but why lower sensitivity if you can handle it? Does it take less away from the autoaim?

my advice was for pc. I dont have suggestions for console players

Its a hard life being a trap.

Thermal shield and turbo engine.

Turbo/Spicy Shield.

Scorch has one viable kit and this is it.

These few games were just depressing in the level of slow on both teams.

>this guy's fucking aim
The Killcam was ridiculous but I didn't end up capping it.

What?

I mentioned it in game already but posting here anyway. Crosshair mod works and lets me load into meadow, while crosshairs+speedometer results in a crash every time. I'll do more testing tomorrow once I'm awake again and let you know how it goes.

Night, /tfg/.

>implying I'm turbo-fag scum

I'm really, really not.

I use the default ps4 control scheme as well as the default sensitivity and I can go pretty fast you just need to practice. Do the campaign and practice in lastimosa's trial .
>pic unrelated

So you don't have people complaining about lagwizards from millergrad

Post EPG.

Live fire can be funny sometimes.

You can't just go around accusing people of being traps you know, do your research for once

R E M O V E

>millergrad

Kek that shithole holds some memories of lag faggotry.

cant help you consolebro, the admins for those networks dont play anymore

Can someone post the link to the anons pastebin (I think) where he posted all the datamined things like gamemodes and weapons?

wildfire launcher or inferno shield depending if you like to be plopping damage from afar or melting face up close

uh. pretty sure they're not talking about with controllers.

yep, thanks. gonna investigate it soon as i get the chance

it wouldn't really stop it at all

>the invite to stacks never even show up for me

why must I suffer

Is not bad.

Any Kraber tips? Its my next after I G10 the Double-Take which should be soon.

double take is basically a training wheels kraber, it feels. you just have to keep pushing through even though it'll make you suffer, once you start to learn the lead it feels great.

you pretty much need a backup pistol with kraber, otherwise you just die at close range. unless you ascend and can reliably hit snap shots.

You guys wanna hear a joke?

A scorch main titanfalls outside the bar in angel City and dismounts to get a drink.

The bartender catches a glimpse of the Titan parked outside, and with a gruff voice tells the pilot he's not welcome here.

Taken aback, the pilot asks him what the problem is. A scowl across his face, the bartender explains:

Your Titan is fucking trash and does nothing but feed meter and points to players that have enough brain cells to simultaneously not stand in the fire and also walk backwards, if you're ever on my team you need to uninstall the game and hang yourself like the anchor you are you shitter cunt

You're welcome to use this joke anywhere anytime /tfg/ I gift it to you :^)

i dont get it

t. Tone user

This confused me at first but I figured out the joke.

Your skill.

I always pack the suppressed 2016, so thats fine.

Anti-Titans aren't needed if you can rodeo effectively and satchel.

I just don't like the scope, the Double has great sights for a sniper.

post northstar weebums?

k

Did they really nerf tone? I came back from a month and a half break from titfuck 2 but the amount of people playing tone seems to have exponentially increased

If you're playing with Jap language you won't get them, and you also might not get them if you're too far away

"it's too hard to kill titans as a pilot", reddit cries

i don't have many, unfortunately

salvo core had its damage reduced by ~23%. that's literally it. people have realized this nerf was completely meaningless and gotten right back in her.

>If you're playing with Jap language you won't get them

That explains it. I'm not playing with jap language, but I am playing with German language. My data center is st. Louis, so I don't think that's the issue.

Fuuuck. Don't want to have to make this choice.

>Not outthinking your opponent and cornering them, giving them no choice but to burn
Sounds like you're slow mate

oh, well that helpfully confirms for me that the issue is caused by the network's language only being set to english. one of the admins needs to add japanese and i guess german??? to the languages.

If you can add multiple languages, why not just add them all?

because respawn is Very Smart, there's a cap of 3 languages and regions that a network can be set to at a time for some reason. including the default unchangable ones that are inherited from the owners client when making the network.

Well fuggg. Yeah, that's pretty dumb - we've got a lot of people that use Nipspeak from my understanding so that should probably go on there.

And if we can get German on there then this pilot would be very happy.

how effective is that cloak? Can you move fast with it?

plenty effective, especially when the targets are distracted by teammates.
i don't see why you wouldn't be able to. i'd say going too slow with cloak is just asking to be spotted and shot, really, if you keep yourself moving you'll be that much harder to spot. you just have to avoid stepping on water or dust to leave footprints.

moar cloak

damn, i never ran threat optics.

It's pretty alright
Lets you see through smokes and makes cloak shitters more visible