Is it really going a way or will it be back in a few years?

Is it really going a way or will it be back in a few years?

>is it really going a way
Yes.
>or will it be back in a few years?
If its just going to share platforms with another car (such as being a 2-door alfa) then i really hope not. it would be like Ford using the name of a car that already existed to sell something else i.e ecoboost.

I'm gonna miss the snek ;_;

While my goal in life is an acr, I hope it doesn't come back with some shared platform bullshit with available dct.

Viper has always been a bespoke design. other cars can borrow pieces, but not the other way around. this obviously excludes interior trim and whatnot though.
I doubt FCA will have it share with another car, since they are making more unique performance models on custom platforms lately.

The camaro was gone for a while and came back much better so there is hope.

Don't they always threaten to cancel the viper, but have it come back anyways?

If not, RIP SNEK.

It might, but Dodge has found its golden goose with the special edition challengers now. For the first two years Hellcats hardly touched the dealer floors, the demand for them was insane. And now the Demon is generating even more hype than the Hellcat. Maybe Dodge could some how market the Viper like they did with the Hellcat and Demon.

the thing that made a viper a viper was the monstrous engine.
it was like a truck engine with wheels attached.

since huge displacement is a ~nono in todays eco faggotry world, there's either no viper or a turbo inline 4 viper. or V6 at max. there would be no fucking point in this.

the only way of getting the absurdity of the viper back while making it possible to exist would be to make it a murderous e-car with like 1500 fucking electric hp. the only way to make e-cars not gay is by making them absurdly powerful.

true that

It'll be back as a hybrid V6 crossover

>Is it really going a way
Yes. Production is slated to stop this year if it hasn't already.

>or will it be back in a few years?
Nobody knows. There are no plans to bring it back, but who knows? They may brush off the name plate for some new entirely new platform like they did with the Challenger, Charger, and Dart.

This is nice snek. Nicest snek

as a NA V10 yes

love is over

The final days of the Viper were a sad one. I work at a Dodge dealership, we had to auction off two vipers because it was impossible to sell them. We had a base model and a GTS, the base model was brought down to 61k and the GTS was 80k. Despite the insane discount on both of them, those two cars sat on our lot for almost a year when the owner finally came and just told us to get rid of them.

The problem was the price ultimately, you could get a ZO6 for less, and if you hit over the 100k mark, there's no reason why you wouldn't get a European car like the R8 or a GTR. It was basically a car with an extremely limited market.

I heard the problem wasnt actually the engine, but meeting safety standards with airbags and shit like that. they couldnt make it accept curtain airbags or something

>it would be like Ford using the name of a car that already existed to sell something else
Mitsubishi is already doing that with the new Eclipse.

This

Even after Dodge knocked almost 15k the Vipers in 2015, they still sold like shit. Also, the z06 is a great on the track and off. You could easily dd a z06, whereas a Viper is going to be a rough ride.

> You could easily dd a z06, whereas a Viper is going to be a rough ride
[citation needed]

This was on the agenda when we had our meeting back in January regarding the stopping production of the Viper. I work at a Dodge dealer, believe me if you want to.

I really hope not. The SRT division does great things. Turned a economy box into one of the fastest and cheapest 4cyl vehicles to date, made a shitty hatchback at least bearable and did amazing things with the RAM-SRT10 and the the entire Viper line.

The viper will never die.

Really not a streetable car. Ridiculously fsat and neat in concept but if someone wants an expensive unlivable car they buy a Ferrari, not a Dodge.

The Viper never had the brand/badge loyalty of the Corvette or the refinement. Lack of refinement could be said to be one of the Viper's selling points really. But when you have $100,000 burning a hole in your pocket you typically want something you can drive and enjoy driving, and be seen in.

People who bought Vipers took them for a quick drive then sat them in the garage and looked at them realizing how terrible of a road car it is. Maybe your odd owner took one to the track.

But the people who really want track cars and are serious about racing typically just build a race car off a cheaper chassis that ends up faster for less money.

My old boss had a supercharged Viper that he daily drove.

He always talked about how bad it was to drive, but he drove it every day. Probably partly for being stubborn, and partly because he was a huge doofus and thought it made him look tough. He told us how unstable it was to drive and was always skittering all over the road.

One day he tried to illegally pass a bro truck on a city street and stuffed it underneath the truck sideways causing about $30,000 in damage.

He repaired it out of pocket to keep the title clean and sold it.

why buy a viper when the dodge demon exists? :*)

You might want to turn once or twice.