Daily reminder that the ZF automatic transmissions out perform manual 6 speeds in 0-60 and save on milage

Daily reminder that the ZF automatic transmissions out perform manual 6 speeds in 0-60 and save on milage.

Why does anyone still drive a manual in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrkzaQRDtuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Partly because it's fun. Partly because not everyone can afford top of the line shit and they're forced to choose between slushbox and manual.

Because these 8 speeds run on liquid gold evidently.

For the BMW 5 series hybrids the ATF is aboot $115/ litre CDN and it takes 12-15 litres for a dump and fill.

reminder that if you can't shift in 180 miliseconds this slushbox transmission is faster htan you.

Manuals aren't hot oil generating machines like autos are

cheap and fun

mostly cheap. i bought car with transmission on the verge of its death, then it broke, then i bought used one in good condition for 60 dollars

I'd say I'm around 400ms with my archaic brass ring 4 speed

that looks complicated and is probably impossible to rebuild if it breaks down

literally apple of transmissions

well I just posted a different thread about this, but here you go

"maintenance free"
"lasts the life of the car"

basically the whole car is going to BRICK itself around 60-100k miles, get out while you can

Lets not forget the simplicity and weight.

because its fun and people like being in control of their car

>0-60 0-200 times
who the fuck cares? Manuals are more FUN for ME to drive.

Yes, manual is shit.

The manuals you get from car companies are complete garbage compared to the transmissions used in actual racing. They're commuter transmissions for poorfag europeans.

While you're stomping on a third pedal and zig zagging between gears as brass cones slow you down, actual racers are just pushing a lever up and down as the gears just slide into place. Some of them don't even have a lever, just buttons to move the parts a lever would have.

Manual is NOT for performance unless you have a performance transmission.

>implying T56 is a meme trans
Fuck off go shove your semi automatic seqentuail up your ass rallydrag stripfag

benchracer/10

Calm your tits. Noone said shit about outright racing performance. Geez.

8hp is ok
something is not right with the 9 speed version

youtube.com/watch?v=SrkzaQRDtuM
some video explaining planetary gears
interesting is the ability to create a variable ratio by counter rotating the sun gear

even the torque converter looks overly complicated

Yeah try telling that one to someone who'll matter in, oh about.

And never take the car out riding. You know why and farms.

???

Don't you EVER fucking quote my post, or talk to about f/o/reskin soviet on the board, on the board, on the nady-needer belt

wat

NURSERY rhymes from when you were a kid? Hellooooo? Don't you remember being excluded by the normies back then, and they always had their stupid chants?

Man, fuck the whorld.

Looks like a bot yo

>a grand or so to replace tranny fluid
What the shit? I'm pretty sure you can get a 4HP/5HP rebuilt completely for that kind of money. This is ridiculous

ZF trannys are built with """lifetime oil""" in mind so changing it is fucking harder than climbing Everest, hence why it costs so fucking much.

Aren't zf shitty German tech?

Go a lovely french gearbox. You'll never look back

>Go a lovely french gearbox
such as?

>lovely French gearbox
Oxymoron

If it's that superior why it's not used in racing cars?

Like rally, closed circuit, le-mans and alike?

I was actually talking just about the fluid cost. Going by
supplies alone make a fluid change basically uneconomical.

Actually that's a contradicto in terminis.

But the earth is flat user

>Why do people want to control the gear they are in?
So you're an arm chair driver, eh?

Because automatics are actually shit for speed. It's just the fastest manufacturers are willing to offer you, because they don't sit around asking "how do we make the best car", but "how do we make the car that will be bought by the most people?", taking into account traditional markets as defined by the culture surrounding cars, like how you won't see so many performance sedans coming from "every family has two cars minimum" america as "you can only afford one car, if that" japan

So a giant motorcycle gearbox that doesn't even have a reverse gear isn't on the table

I miss you point

what's "giant motorcycle gearbox"? constant mesh w/dog clutches and no synchros?

They do come with reverse. But it's very impractical to DD such car.

>slower than any DCT
>less fun and less controlability than any manual
fucking lmao

do these trannies actually need a fluid change at 60k?

WHY DID ANY OF YOU RETARDS FUCKING REPLY TO THIS YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH A PART OF WHY THIS BOARD IS GARBAGE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

>Look guys, I'm not a car guy at all!

My DC-SST shifts fast but I very miss a manual transmission.

>a lovely french gearbox. You'll never look back

Yes I will. That's where the parts will be.

>yuropoor engineering

No thanks.

I don't know but I do know that many other trannies, ZF especially, have been advertised as filled with "lifetime fluid" and it turned out you could significantly prolong their lifespan with regular fluid changes.

You mean a dogbox? You have to double clutch on downshifts and if you don't match the gears and the dogs don't catch you're going to get a machine gun of clunk noises as the dogs bounce off of each other.

Even if you drive one properly you will have a clunks and jerkiness if the rev match isn't always perfect.

Synchronized transmissions are slower but far better for everyday use. A dogbox may be okay if you're driving the car back from the race track but for a daily driver it's painful.

>implying he's wrong.

More shitboxes have fucked gears because people drink the "racing" jew

built for racing transmissions are huge and heavy.

>BMW
It wrecked my 3 series because they said to never change the fluid. It wouldn't need it because it's a "closed loop system."

Speed wise the ZF8s are slightly faster than a manual, the Hellcat and C7 Z06 are like .4 second faster, but I'd still rather have a manual in a sports car. If I was driving a higher end luxury vehicle I'd go with the ZF8.

To quote K-On!, "Fun things are fun!"

On the 5 series hybrids it's is lifetime fluid even says so on transmission pan near the fill plug. That being said toyota has a lifetime trans fluid I've seen it go completely gray after 250 00 km. Under normal use it can last the life of the car but maybe bmw's test standards are based off a old lady driver.