86 General

No threads poorfags jealous of a car they can't afford on my Veeky Forums, what's going on?

So, sound wise, best exhaust? Ideally something that makes it sound like a Porsche Boxster, but not droney like the Nvidia N1

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah the new front bar is awful

I'm about to purchase a catback + headers for my 86, leaning towards the invidia gemini r400 since everyone has been describing it as a nice middle ground between the n1 and the q300, however I still don't know what headers to run. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably EL, as I dislike the subie rumble.

Q300>gemini

T. My roommate has a brz

>poorfags jealous of a car they can't afford

Can't you get a used one for like $15k? So you could throw down like $5k and have payments under $200/mo. How is that unaffordable to anyone who stocks shelves at X retail store?

Fucking retard.

What's the general consensus on wheels? I've been looking at white rota wheels, 18". And keep the stocks around to slide around in. But I don't want to look like too much of an idiot.
This is my first real buy for the car, and plan to work on headers/exhaust next. I know the 86 has a stereotype to it, but I just want it to perform.

>no poorfags
How will you have an 86 thread without poorfags? It's literally the poorfag's sports car

Reminder the miata is faster

>tfw beat by minivans

But the Hyundai is an unreliable turd

So you're saying a unreliable piece of shit Korean car is faster on the track than the GT86?

Yes for the first few laps, then the engine blows to kibbles and tits. Should have got the superior Ecobewst

>Ruskies actually believe this

>here let me bait in the OP
>this will go well
Kill you are self

Ace A350 Header + Tune

You could actually buy a real drivers car with honest feedback and handling. Hasn't to be fast, but could.

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
>1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

Start sperging cuck

i think invidias are too loud. you should get headers first, header and exhaust is way too loud on FRS.
I had tomei Headers and they are amazing quality for the price.

ace headers are like thousand bucks.

>double the horsepower
>quadruple the torque
>better weight distribution
>lower center of mass
>factory aero that's functional
>more useable interior
>124mpge for daily needs

Go ahead and sperg that the only thing you """driver's""" car has is looks

i could smoke that piece of shit with a CHEVY sonic with just a few mawds

-ls1 swap
pirelli pzero tires

>Slower than an 86

Lol, I love the spark and drive a BRZ. Non of the poser faggots here will actual find the true fault with the spark.

>Faster
lower top speed
slower round V.I.R.

I know you like sticking things up there but no need to be butthurt by facts.

lol no, the spark has a rigid chassis and tuned suspension, it can turn

>it can turn
Maybe as good as a Chevy Volt

I don't see many on track, S2000s on the otherhand.

I post this is semi-bait, be use it is true but always makes people reply to disagree. I honestly think the spark EV was the best daily driver you could buy. It is a perfect blend of performance and economy, while being 100% reliable.

The Chevy spark is shit, I'd rather get a based CRZ even if it's weaker

S2000 is much much faster than the GT86. I don't know why you're posting that garbage.

lol why? The CRZ is sexy but that's about it.

It's as close to a new CRX as we'll ever get. Manual and has decent aftermarket too

keep crying. Superior balance, more grip, and no struts.

Much much faster? The Lap times don't agree with you there.

It's too heavy to be close to the CRX because batteries. They are only good if it is your only car, as they are compromise: the car.

The CRX was literally a tin can of course this newer one will weigh alot more. I don't mind the low amount of space either

On tsukuba, the 99' S2000 runs in the 9 seconds range. Newer models run in the 8 or even 7. GT86 won't get close to it. It'll run a 9 with aftermarket grippy tires. That 15 second lap on your picture was in the wet, of course it doesn't mention that though. Bullshit image.

Wasn't s2k like some crazy mere 40k car at the time?

Yeah the S2000 was pretty expensive

Faster at getting your dick sucked by your boyfriend. Sure.

Yeah it was like $35-$39k in 1999.

Toyota, more than you can afford pal.

>working retail
>affording anything

Ya neet.

Panic much? Laptimes = bullshit, enjoy being butthurt by facts.

>facts
see facts here now assrage

see now assrage

Chill

Don't like reality post fake news from motortrend. Nice meme

Nigger I was making like $1,200/mo in retail right out of high school. $200/mo car payment isn't shit. Stop pretending like it's so hard to afford a used 86.

Financing something != being able to afford it. If the poor would get there heads around that the country would be much better.

>f-f-fake!!

stay sperg'd

You are so badly triggered by reality you may actually be a Trump.

Nice autobiograpy

>affording a car = buying in cash
k

Keep digging,Sean Spicer

Unless you are poor. Financing things is just letting the jews jew you into increased poverty. Sadly the ignorant now think that it's not only acceptable but normal.

The only one digging here is you in that torque dip, cuck

Also not a fan of the Subie rumble for our cars.
The Nameless are expensive but apparently the best.
ACE are also really good.

Because people can't into money management. People who badmouth the 86 always drive cheap shitboxes, it's never owners of decent cars

Rota is trash. IMO 17x8 is the best, keeps it slidey but gives it a bit more grip.

No, that's the NA

This gets posted all the time, yet besides the R63 AMG there's actually no min-van that is faster.

Nah, it's not really bait

I assume you have never driven one because it has phenomenal handling and feedback.

Jazz is a better CRX than the CRZ

Aww the special snowflake in his $200 civic is still upset that the S2000 is pissed on by the 86.

How? I got a $10,000 loan and paid it off in the first year. Barely accumulated any interest. When am I going to be poor?

S L O W
L
O
W

>People who badmouth the 86 always drive cheap shitboxes
This is such a convenient way to dismiss critics though. I drive a fairly nice car but also feel that there are legitimate faults with the 86.

Financial advisor and loan officer here.

Honestly, things with equity are some of the better credit products to finance. In the easiest way of saying it: You have something physical backing the loan, and as a result the rate will generally be lower. Other products like credit cards, person loans/lines and etc are a bit more tricky. In this day and age a person NEEDS credit; Don't want a house? Apartment complexes generally do credit checks now, and no credit is only a shaved cunt's hair better than bad credit to them. On the flip side, if you want to purchase a home, then you'd want to have established history. For example, almost 2 years ago there was a 29 year old that came into my office to apply for a mortgage loan; He had never had any credit, worked a fairly good job, and paid for everything in cash/debit including cars. I could get him the loan, but the rate would've been ridiculous because he had literally nothing out there. Sure the "poor" insult can be thrown around, but the fact is that most of America is middle class and can't purchase everything we want on a whim.

Oh, and to be on subject. When I owned an 86 I was immensely underwhelmed with it. That was the main reason I got rid of it. It's slightly below average in all aspects.

TWO
W
O

HUNDRED
U
N
D
R
E
D

HORSEPOWER
R
S
P
E
R

>can't even finish HORSEPOWER

I know you want to save face about the car, but this is probably one of the stupidest things I've seen posted on these threads.

Ecoboost is better than a shitty Hyundai, those two should be compared. Not with the 86, sorry you went ahead and bought one blindly

I think it's a good car but everything else in that price range is a v6 or turbocharged.
>inb4 poorfag
6k is 6k, for that price it should have a turbo or better engine internals. If you plan to mod the shit out of it 6k is a lot of mods.

>this stupid faggot is literally defending a HYUNDAI against a brand that is known to make god-tier sports & performance cars

if you don't want an 86, go buy literally anything that isn't an unoriginal korean piece of trash

Also I get that the boxster is a flat 4 which offers better driving dynamics, but why don't they use the bigger boxster in the forester or another of subies vehicles? Another question I have is about the stock equipment, how is the air intake, suspension, exhaust, etc? Is there anything you keep stock on the vehicle because it's better than most aftermarket? That's about the only thing that would justify the price.

>when you get blown the fuck out by a fucking hoon-die and proceed to go full on defcon 1 anally annihilated damage control mode

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Come on man took you 40 minutes to come up with that shitty reply, I expected better from a common shitposter

>there are only 2 people on Veeky Forums and youre one of them

There are good responses, then there are your posts

>If I keep talking about another car, it'll deflect from the fact that a Hyundai shitbox is better than mine
Keep trying m8. Most things are better than that korean pigdog car, except the GT86.

Also how stupid do you have to be to assume that any car that is listed as objectively better than yours means the person is
a) defending it
b) owns it
Try decoupling your fragile sense of self from your car. It'll save your rectal cavity hours of devastation.

It's alot more reliable that's for sure

what will Veeky Forums and /sg/ no longer accept you guys?

But only one upset here is you, a Hyundai is faster yes but still unreliable trash. Funny how people bring up the Genesis when the Ecoboost is better in every way. Bring your A game next time you come into one of these threads to shitpost

Subaru is planning on switching their cars to the FA platform soon and moving on from the EJ engines of the past.

According to my tuner, the stock air intakes are better than every aftermarket intake. Other than that, who knows. It depends entirely on what you want to do to the car. FI pretty much needs new everything if you want more than 8psi.

How does this make you feel GT86 boy?

How will you ever recover?

>WE WUZ RELIABLE N SHIET

You were dick washers.

Where do you get your news CNN?

We don't need them where we are going

The genesis is faster on a track too LMAO

Come on guy, you can do better than that.
Did you buy a Hyundai to be faster than 86's? There plenty of better cars that can do it without being unreliable filth

See

>tfw when I'm literally listening to a JRE podcast right now
Tower 7

>Did you buy a Hyundai to be faster than 86's
If he did he would be more reliable and faster apparently. Tell us how those don't really matter now.

>Come on guy, you can do better than that.
But apparently the GT86 can't lmao. Hope you got an extended warranty friendo.

Dude chemtrails

They don't matter if the Hyundai is unreliable, it's the Genesis that'll need the warranty. Enjoy the Bigg Korean mustang

Nice autobiography

My c10 makes 300 whp

Keep sperging about the slowbaru being slower

Guarantee this is the same guy I BTFO before, told him he'd need the warranty after modding his Korean garbage. Nice to see he hasn't changed much

What we've learned today from FRS/BRZ/GT86 owners

>Actual reliability ratings don't matter, only what you think
>Speed on the track doesn't matter because you think the other car is less reliable
>Talk about the ecoboost if cornered

Continue to live up to the reputation of fucbois.

Angry Hyundai owners always in these threads, the remorse hits them hard. May I ask why you are even in this general? Oh yeah to shitpost

Oh and one more thing according to >Only one person is making fun your car, and he has to own a hun-day

>i-im not the guy you BTFO
Nice damage control

Dude. Hillary Clinton is running a pedophile sex slave ring. Just look it up.