Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szNTIRb09b0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no monies
>shitbox of my dreams gets exported to 3rd world countries left and right
>at the same time prices rise higher and higher for good ones

I'm running against the fucking time.

>Rust eating away my rear fenders
>To the point where I can't just fix this I need to cut an weld a new one along with a new whole repaint
>No money for all this

>Mazda dealer has ND RF in soul red
>Go in, hoping to god they offer me a test drive
>Only own shorts, hoodies, sneakers
>Too shy to ask for a test because its obvious by my appearance I can't actually afford to buy it
>Try to make it seem like I'm interested in buying
>Take pictures of it and read the leaflet
>Still nobody trying to sell it to me
>Leave and drive off in my beat NB
>mfw

What shitbox is that?

That's because you acted like a total beta who actually wasn't here to buy the car, not your look. I worked at a Porsche dealership and most of the time real loaded people came dressed very casually. On the other hand if someone came just to kick tires or try to get the lowest possible lease deal on a base Cayenne it was always a dude who (at least in his mind) was dressed very fancy.

But user I feel like a dick wasting their time

Was the dealership busy? If not they were just absolutely bored and would have loved an excuse to go out and do something.

Nah it was empty
Aight you've convinced me, I'mma go test that batmobile

Same for every car lately, month after month I have more money to buy the dream shitbox but the prices keep on going higher

I grew up and got real bills and responsibilities and now I can't enjoy driving anymore because all I see when I try to hit the canyons or track is visions of repair bills and losing my job because I wrecked my car.

>new engine
>new carpet, reupholstered seats
>electric gremlins gone
>most rust holes gone, got one more patch to tackle
its almost done, but heres the problem

My goal was to have a fixed up landbarge wagon to enjoy and tow with. But in a way i had more fun fixing the car than i do driving it, to me its just a car, but i liked real world puzzle solving and using my hands instead of what i wanted to use the car for

Now i just want to buy cars to fix, im not interested in driving anymore, has anyone else experienced this feel before?

>Been driving this qt from work home for the past couple of months whenever we work together cos it's literally on my way home.

>she still hasn't offered to exchange numbers and stuff. even on a platonic level. we have nice flowing combos with laughter and stuff too in the car.

>same qt never notices or makes comments after I clean my car (whether it's inside or out)

make a move soon, pussy

she turns you down, turn her down for rides
:^)

You've got to make a move user

>tfw your car is piece by piece coming together to be exactly what you want it
>that warm, fuzzy feeling every new "piece of the puzzle" falls in

>Sold my summer car last year to pay for legal fees
>Kept my winter shitbox as winter was approaching
>Winter shitbox is my DD right now
>4l60e is over 150k, torque converter is on its way out
>4.3 needs lower intake gaskets done, but it's a task I don't want to do
>Rockers, front bumper, rear bumper, passenger fender, and the hatch are rotting bad this year
>First winter I didn't spray everything and I didn't wash it religiously in the winter and everything went to shit quickly
>Just patiently browsing Craigslist, Normiebook, and cars.com for a pristine Ranger FXII

I've never felt so impatient before. I've always had a summer vehicle and a winter beater while searching for a new set of wheels.

>doing 80, in the dark, down a 1.5 lane b-road you've never been on before.

>has anyone else experienced this feel before?

hehe, for sure, for sure. But my experience says that its only because youre finished now and have to fill that "hole".

But then again, there are lots of people who make good money by buying shitheeps, fixing them and selling them afterwards.

>tfw driving my little NB and hit some clay on a sharp corner and spun out
>Nearly save it but I hit a sign and now there is a large dent on the passenger side of my qt shitbox NB
>tfw no fucking money to repair it

Call to schedule a test drive.

>driving dad's car
>raining HARD
>traffic
>going probably 30mph
>car in front of me slams on their brakes
>they have abs
>I don't
>Lock up the wheels
>no time to do anything
>slide into the back of them
>Insurance totals car
Kill me
I loved that car

>on fast two-lane road
>light goes red
>slow down and stop
>rev engine a little
>pops and bangs
>here we fucking go boys
>hold brake
>rev engine to 3k and hold it there
>ready steady go
>light goes green
awww yisssss

my dick is always diamonds when this happens

youtube.com/watch?v=szNTIRb09b0

i
fucking
love
my MR2

It inspires so much driving confidence and the unique factor that comes with the car sits so well with me. It's a complicated car...and im a complicated person. Often misunderstood by the uninformed (yes im talking about snap oversteer) but once understood you develop a deep appreciation for what it is.

Your 2000's Mazda doesn't have ABS
Buy my 80's Buick does?

At least nothing of value was lost and you ain't dead

>relatively new car
>a-pillar trim kind of pulls off, it has some weird fucking design where they used injected mold plastic on one piece they flows through the whole of another piece and keeps them together. Not flush with headliner now
>can't just push the plastic through the hole
>gotta figure something out cause I want it flush
May shave off the plastic and gorilla glue a small screw...then a washer and a piece of plastic...fuck idk. I'm not handy. Cheap shit. And it doesn't look OEM this a-pillar trim goes from the pillar all the way to the seat buckle

are you me?

>some ass hat stole my aw11 and when they found it they stole my radio and demolished the engine somehow
I got it back with a blown head gasket and when I opened the valve covers 4 valve springs where gone and grinded into bits by the camshafts and now my mr2 has been sitting with coolent in the engine for 7 months now because the engine was so fucked it wasn't worth investing a lot of money on the engine so I bought one that came off a ae86 her name is lyra because when I got it I saw that constellation when I drove home in it when I bought it. Sorry for my autism

Yeah
My 88 BMW has ABS too.
Not sure why the Protege didn't.

>drive RR in the rain on bald tires
>expected hectic
>
>stomp on the gas at roundabout
>
>
>nothing
>
>traction control or something like this
>
>SUDDEN UNDERSTEER
WHAT THE FUCK

I'm pretty much in the same boat man. I might have to start looking at getting a new car soon simply because the rust is starting to reach the critical mass where all the running gear needs to be replaced as well as serious bodywork.

If I'm ever führer I'm making road salt illegal.

Cut, weld, and prime. Save up for the paint job.

>standard wheels on a MK1a
Yes lad.
Still got a set I bought for my AW11. Trying to sell them is turning into a right bitch but I can't bring myself to sell them as scrap.

>tfw four new tyres

>imported car
>sitting in a parking lot of importer company waiting for some bullshit code cause the car is rare
>it's gone 4 days over the estimated time to get it
>surgery soon which means I can't drive at all for a while and not work on it for a lot while longer
>race in 12 days
>need to change all fluids and remove precat
>only chance of making it is getting the car tomorrow and working on it all night
end me

I'd fucking campaign for you senpai, I hate road salt more than I hate Britbong chavs and speedobumpos

>Salt the road so that geriatrics and normies can drive

>crashes everywhere erryday regardless

>stopping my shitbox doing underpowered hektik skidding

The only post thus far that hits home

Either everyone on Veeky Forums is insanely rich or are young and do not have any real bills or responsibilities

How much are you trying to sell them for and what kinda tires do they have

death penalty for road salt manufacturers

I paid £120 for the set with bald and mismatched tyres.
Trying to sell them for £80 for the set with no tyres. Everyone wants aftermarkets or they have a MK1b and are after the tear drop rims.
The tyres I had on them had less than 800 miles so I sold those on an MX-5 forum separately.

>be me, 18. Dad goes out of town and hands me the keys to c4 corvette. Had no interest in cars, thought of them as dudes trying too hard with their masculinity and social status
>dad says "drive it, hard"
>go to friends house with it, he likes cars and bikes. Starts spouting off about it to me. Say "whatever, let's go pin it somewhere."
>pull out of his neighborhood with the pedal floored, kick ass end out almost into a pole. Never drove something with more power than a camry, let alone rwd.
>HOOKED instantly. Best feeling of my life. After that moment, whenever I get into a car I don't think of what others think of me and what I've failed in life
>don't care to impress
>don't stress what needs to be done
>feel good about myself and don't care how my life could have gone if I applied myself more
>genuine happiness with no problems for the first time ever
>I turn my life around and move out after getting my own first car ( 87 944S)
>move out and have great girlfriend, soon to be fiance
>dad looks at me with pride and connects with me now

He knew what he was doing. Thank you dad for giving me a chance and sharing what you knew. I'm forever grateful for his trust in me with it and sharing something one of his interests to bring out something in me I never knew was there.

>ALL HAIL OUR GLORIOUS NEW EMPEROR

- when we get flashed by a speed camera, just like President Clarkson once envisioned, do we get a photo certificate and a prize for going FUCKN hektik fast?

Road salt is ruining the environment where it's used too. In the salt belt in the US there have been sporadic instances of drinking water reservoirs being declared unusable because of salt accumulation in them in addition to some marine life die-offs because of high levels of salt in the water. The salt never goes away either so once it's in it's in there effectively forever. It's going to bed a leaded gasoline tier ecological disaster if we keep using it. The worst part is there are tons of alternatives that don't harm the environment, infrastructure, or cars to anywhere near the same degree but they're expensive and the notion that roads should only be de-iced when conditions are extremely adverse terrifies the plebs.

This wasn't me but my official position is that salting a road will be punished by being crushed under several tons of salt at the bottom of a salt mine.

>Hands kid keys to corvette and says drive it, hard.
Your dad is fucking awesome.

Was it a manuel? If yes, then I know what happened :^)

make a move bro
the worst thing that can happen is she says no, then youre back to square 1

Do I have to be worried about MR2 snap oversteer in regular driving or does it only do it if I'm doing a speedy turn?

Yes it was m8

I'll buy your wheels user

He's a fantastic person, I dont deserve him honestly.

>Move in with gf
>Nice place, nice neighborhood
>Look out of bedroom window
>There's a huge fucking bright yellow road salt bin sitting directly opposite of me, mocking me

Fortunately they rarely sound country roads, which are my favorite for driving anyway

hey thats my miata

Sometimes I wish my car was a cute girl or a pet so I could cuddle with her

good feels
>tfw no emissions cause Florida
>tfw can wear summer tires year round

bad feels
>tfw no fun mountain roads cause Florida
>tfw boomers selling E30's with knock for $2000 on CL because "I KNO WHAT I GAWT"
>tfw rust everywhere
>tfw car is like a sauna in the sun
>tfw shitty drivers because of snowbirds and huge elderly population

>mfw this low-key gives me /hope/ for my own shit life
Now if I can only find a way to make myself enjoy driving again. The fear of getting tickets and/or a wreck has ruined the experience for me

seconded

It only happens if you do a speedy turn and blip the throttle hard on a low gear

>tfw show up to Mazda dealer in a camo jacket, weeb shirt and black jeans, haven't showered for days
>salesman instantly tries to get me to lease an MX5 ND or throw down for a $9000 Automatic NA with only 17k on it
>test drive ND RF
>salesman insists on riding with me and clearly does not regularly drive a manual
>can smell clutch smoke as we swap seats
>ask to see the NC they have on the website
>they literally cannot find it
>proceed to lose the key for my trade in too

>schedule test drive for 124 Spyder at Fiat
>dress nice-ish
>no pressure
>long, friendly conversation with salesman
>get to test drive it alone
>get back and see a Giulia QV
>get business cards, spec sheets, don't get hassled, yeah you fucking bet I'm going back

I can only do cash on collection, mind.

what said.
What you really need to watch out for is lift off oversteer.
It's even more of a problem if you remove the spare from the front as there's less weight over the front wheels. You'll understeer thanks to the lighter front end and lifting off mid-corner is a terrible idea.

How do I get her number even platonically.

like I'm in rebuild mode after I went full Hikikomori NEET for 2 years. I'm overthinking this shit I think

mine doesnt

every day I drive the same tight, fast road to work. On the way back I see it every day, a white 90's MR2, just sitting in this guy's driveway, badly covered by a single blue tarp. Every day I wish I could drive it. I'm debating stopping one day, going up to the door and offering to buy it, but doing so would kill my savings account dead. I'm torn.

No matter how much shit people give FCA, my Jeep Patriot has been pretty damn reliable for 80k miles and I've never had problems dealing with service and warranty claims. Sort of makes up for the fact that they're going to the shitter in almost every other aspect

>get old car
>fix it
>hate fixing it
>enjoy the drive
Tell you what, I'll drive your car for you, and you can fix it for me.

My Saabaru Aero was killed last month. I loved that car to death, and I put about 80k miles one it. I took it cross country, on trails it had no business being on, blew through countless ice storms. It survived it all without a bit of complaint.

It couldn't survive my transgendered cousin, who ran it into a power pole, totaling it, on a perfectly good road. "He" was a 30 year old man that I was teaching how to drive. That car was the only constant thing in my life, my fun, my stress relief, my freedom, privacy, everything. Hell, car culture was the only way I ever really figured out how to socialize. Now its gone, all because a goddamn 30 year old man couldn't drive. I won't get a third of the replacement cost from the insurance company. I'll end up driving a beater until I'm out of college, and when I'm done, I'll be out of the country.

It will be five years before I can afford a car like that, if I'm even in a place where I can own a car. I could be flying charters in goddamn central africa by then where the only car I can own is a beat to shit jihad mobile land cruiser, or flying soda to the fucking eskimos in canada, or just a smoking hole in the side of a mountain somewhere. All because I had to teach a 30 year old man how to drive. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

Make your transgemdered cousin pay for a new one

Filipino detected

Kill your cousin.

You can just flat out ask her.

A less intimidating, but harder approach would be finding something you could do together and asking her about that.

>bought a 07 Ford F-150 for $800 with front end body damage.
>bought replacement parts and fixed myself for around $200
>This thing was amazing for me
>V8 Triton, Black grill with black headlights and black bumpers, no power anything, heavy duty hitch, dark green paint, full bed with suicide door crew cab.
>Driving the shit out of it, towing the shit out of shit absolutely loving it.
>Only have it for about 3 months
>Have some random boomer knock on my door and offer me 5k for it and my trailer saying he liked the look of it
>It was super tempting but I like the truck too much
>3 days later I get rear ended while I'm stopped in traffic
>Bent chassis, all the work I did on the front completely fucked because I got pushed into the truck in front of me.
>Almost in tears not because of the impact and whiplash but because I knew the truck was fucked.

The guy who hit me was an absolute cunt about it too complaining about how my hitch fucked up his ride. Silver lining is his insurance is giving 7k for the truck since they totaled it.

Why are you complaining? You have 1000 invested and you got 7k. you have your pick of trucks to buy with that money. I understand your pain though, losing wheels you love sucks, and whiplash sucks aswell, but try to make the best of a bad situation.

Not a complaint just feels like you said. I brought up the silver lining my dude.

I gotcha man. The reason I haven't called it quits on my shitbox is because I've spent so much time under the hood that I've become attached to it. I have a misfire, a cracked windshield, and a clutch master cylinder to fix and I'll have my baby back.
As for your truck, F

That you, ROCK?

>The guy who hit me was an absolute cunt about it too complaining about how my hitch fucked up his ride.
Honestly if I got rear ended by someone and they bitched at me I'd fucking kill them. Not even meming

>tfw your first car is literally dying more every day

My PT Cruiser that I've had for 6 years is at the end of it's life. Losing compression, transaxle's slipping, rust everywhere, bearings fucked, leaking/burning oil, and the Radiator is like a sieve.
I've put 78k on that car, it was my first car and it has been with me through quite a lot, and to see it suffering and dying breaks my heart, it's like losing a best friend, or like losing a favorite dog. He's been reliable and loyal, and survived hooning, 2 rallycross races, a 650 mile road trip, countless track days, being stolen twice, catching on fire, and towing 2x it's rated capacity on several occasions.

No one thing could kill him, but he's tired now. I am actually sad because it's gotten to the point that I can't possibly fix everything that's wrong.

>tfw new tyres

>tfw new shocks
>tfw new tires
>tfw you finally find and fix the mysterious, incessant rattle that's plagued you for months

Wait, are you the guy that ran at stateline rallycross in byron? There can't be that many people that would rally one

that man does not live on mt. olympus, but goddamn he will let his progeny climb on his shoulders

>tfw my 2002 C5 chirps because my harmonic balancer is going out
>tfw it's a $1200 repair and I'm broke
>tfw I need to replace the starter, I have a new one ready to go, but can't loosen the bolts on the exhaust to get to it

>live with parents
>no space for a second shitbox

i just want a miata

Ask her for her number in case you can't make it or running late so you can let her know.

:^) you know it.

With proper tyres it's not bad. A bit ass-heavy, but it's predictable. And controllable.

>live in apartment
>lease says you can't work on your car in parking lot
>sees a bunch of brokedown cars in the fucking parking lot that get regularly worked on
>at least knows people who can let me use their driveway because i know the one day i'd try it they'd get on my ass

fuck apartments desu

>live in brazil
>car market is tiny af compared to actual countries
>car aftermarket is poor af and oftenly associated with crime and illegal street racing
>can't buy imported cars due to it's absurd part/repair price that can go over the own car's price (i.e a 1996 328i can cost around 7,5 k usd and simple repairs can go up to 750-1k usd)

and the worst part

>few 90's miatas and all of them are over 16k usd

Do it. you won't regret it. Put the top down at a stop light. put it back up at the next stop light. if the light changes, just cruise through while just lifting the clutch up in first as you transform. Never gets old. Source: ND owner.

>be 18
>about to go to college
>been driving a 89 Civic for years
>well maintained and looks great
>friend desperately needs a car
>decide to give him my Civic because I live on campus and don't really drive anywhere
>five years pass
>friend contacts me for the first time in two years
>says he is having issues with the Civic
>head over to his apartment
>it's now falling apart
>hasn't changed any fluids since I gave it to him
>engine is misfiring left and right
>tires are shot
>interior is full of stains
>rust is starting to build up on the undercarriage
I know it's only an 89 civic, but to see a car that I sunk so much TLC into just to turn into a junk heap really depresses me.

I let her go too early because I thought my lifestyle would be incompatible with such a small car. I thought it wouldn't be able to hold my things, and be terrible in the winter. My difficulty trying to repair and sell it led me to becoming unjustly angry toward it, despite it doing nothing wrong. I'm sure it could've made a fine daily. I'm sorry, MR2.

>live with parents
>have space for a second shitbox

Kill him

>pick up shitbox last year, nothing fancy, just something to run me to college and back
>repair stuff on shitbox
>more stuff breaks
>broken things start adding up
>just one more semester of college left for the fall, seriously worried about car leaving me stranded so I bit the bullet, used internship money and traded it for a boring, reliable DD
>New car is more reliable, no problems as far as school goes, everything is as it should be but now I feel... hollow.
>"user I like your new car whats its name?"
>"uhh I havent named it yet t-thanks y-you too"
I miss my shitbox Veeky Forums

>'99 cabrio convertible had rusted strut tower, didnt now the extent of damage until after new tires
>sold for $500, bought as is Volvo s80, '02
>non-stock exhaust is loud, wheels were bent af and needed replaced, out $300
>sunroof won't work, probably a fuse, but still
>windshield just got cracked by a shit construction truck that won't take responsibility, insurance is collision so it's not covered, out another $260
>bent wheels fucked up my tires, a set of 225/50/17 Michelin is $600
>only takes premium gas, gets like 20mpg
>fucking wiper blades need replaced
>only one key, it's only a key, no clicker
>check engine light I'm afraid to get checked out

going to college in the fall and I'm gonna be so broke

>"I bought a thrashed car with no warranty" the post

Hah, I knew it. IIRC you set some pretty good times. Will you be racing this weekend?

Basically, but what can you do when you need a car for work and you don't have money to get a decent one from a dealership?

> Finally a sunny day
> Feel extra relaxed on drive home from work, windows down
> Get to a certain point on my commute, long, straight road
> Sun is going down, purple and orange skies with thin clouds (retrowave intensifies)
> Cruising in fourth, first chorus of Comfortably Numb plays
> ISTHISWHATITFEELSLIKE

get something cheaper that's easier to fix than the s80 ...

make a more careful purchase
or have a mechanic look car over before buy
you know, the obvious

>240 rear ended months ago
>still not fixed

That's a good point
Another fair point

Problem is I needed a car immediately, this was the closest to working in my area - we went around roughly an hour or two radius from my house checking out cars and this was the only one that didn't have major problems like vacuum tube issues or shit

Future reference though, what are good brands? My ideal is a Chrysler 300, please tell me why this is a bad choice