Why are car windows so damn small now

Why are car windows so damn small now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coachbuilder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>m-muh saftey for muh babbies!!1

Because safety regulations now have to make sure that all cars land on their roofs without the pillars breaking, meaning pillars are bigger, meaning Windows are smaller

to sell camera systems and robotic parking assist

What are the chances of building a car, like an '83 Passat with carbon fibre and modern roll cage, suspension, etc. Would it be legal? Lighter? Possible?

aerodynamic tumor monocoques.

coachbuilding is dead.

>What are the chances of building a car
your only hope if you want a car that isn't megajewed out bullshit (1000 dollar floor mats).

Yes it's legal, get it inspected at the DMV when you finish.

OP here btw the car is a 2016ish Buick lacrosse

/thread

It's mostly because of curtain airbag systems.

But they come with the car, you don't need to buy them separately unless it's a miserable shitbox.

>they come with the car, you don't need to buy them
WEW laddy

It is all part of your reeducation program to make americans forget that driving was fun.
soon you will think you want electric self driving ride share services instead of owning a freedom machine.

this is your last true freedom, forget the second amendment. by the time the government takes away your guns you will have already given away all of your real freedoms for safety and security and not noticed because they are not specifically listed in any Constitution.

No, I meant something like Singer, not really me building it in my backyard. Would it be really fucking expensive?

I thought it'd be a really good car to drive. Good visibility, light, comfy. I really like my dad's Passat

Tfw my gt86 has A-pillar Windows like an old VW-bug

Not quite sure what you mean, but something like this? Old Cyclecars and shit?

If anything, building a car is going to be way cheaper, but you're going to have to skimp on things like AC, electronics, etc unless you're really diligent and understand science across many fields. (personally, I'm trying). A car needs pumps, refridgeration through evaporation and compression, either spark ignition or fuel injection of some kind... tons of work, not so much cash, especially if you're working with old, old cars you can essentially craft your own parts for.

check it out
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coachbuilder

look at those fucking leaf springs... gorgeous.

I'd drive that. I'd drive the fuck out of that.

Stop being a manlet

because the outside world becomes uglier every day

They're slowly sucking it all away from us now.

The Prius cannot jump-start a car. One by one the utility of your vehicle will be stripped away until they are nothing but electric people movers.

Their fangs have sunk into the europeans already. If there's no replacement for displacement, then they're sentenced to the kiddy pool. That could be us. That will be us. It's just a matter of time.

Unless we all learn how to build our own cars. With powerful engines that can move you, charge batteries, power a generator for a welder, with enough torque to pull a tree stump. Soon it will be all gone.

Because every car has to have a sloping beltline to be sporty. Cars have to be all things to all people now more than ever. Pedestrian safety raises the hood so the beltline has go up to look right. Making windows tiny.

They are small so that fat kids wouldn't be able to get out

>needing front and side cameras to park

Sorry, I really meant something completely different. Like, I pay for someone to build the chassis and everything possible out of carbon fibre, and then place in an engine and everything else, but with more modern parts and construction.

Don't know how to be more clear, maybe it's just because I'm shit at english

Ohh, I forgot, the point of all this was to be very light weight, without much electronics and newer safety regulations, only the ones when it was originally made.

"Kit cars"

you can order those for yourself. And they're road legal.