What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the 370Z Nismo?

I'm seriously considering the Nismo for my first "fun" car. Would like to hear your thoughts on it. Would be my first manual. I have read that the clutch is tricky on this car, but it shifts smoother than the regular 370Z's. I also really like the red paint with the red Nismo accents.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/6088552924.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i want one too but i only hear bad things so idk

I've read the issues about the clutch and the master cylinder but they appear to be under warranty, other than that there really isn't much that stands out to me.

I'll just ceramic pro the whole car or get it wrapped with ppf, to protect the thin paint

Expensive, heavy, old.

memes aside, you can feel the weight of the car when braking and around some corners. As long as you don't go in expecting the nimbleness of a sub 3000lb car, you'll enjoy it. Japanese corvette; it's a good all-around sports car, but nothing extraordinary.

Exactly what I'm looking for, something that's simple but fun to just drive and get the full experience that a manual brings.

Just get the base model with the all the optional nismo parts.

34k for base with nismo parts vs 41k for the nismo "edition"

Get a porsche.
I would avoid nissan.

>getting a porsche for 40k
nice meme

You have to be 18+ to post here

oh ok
>getting a nice porsche for 40k
nice meme

Youre seriously stupid eh?

You can get a 2010-11 Cayman S with less than 50k miles for 40k.

show me a nice porsche worth buying over a brand new 370z nismo for 40k
i'll wait

>getting a used base model cayman

top fucking kek

fun fact: a base c7 corvette out performs every production car nissan has ever made in it's entire history. even non street legal ones lol.

i'd rather get brand new 370z nismo with 0 miles for 40k

>bait

go away alphonse

Veeky Forums hates it because it's relatively good at everything, with out being exceptional at something. It's got power, but nothing crazy, it handles well, but it is on the heavy side. The engine is bullet proof, and the only thing about the clutch is that the engagement point is ridiculously high off the floor. They will bitch about the interior being outdated while praising their shitboxes from the 90's for some reason. Pretty much all of the issues since the 350z have been fixed

>over
Top lel your not even trying busrider, any craigslist search will show you countless 911s for sub 40k

You could say the same thing about a V6 Accord tho. It's hella okay.

Or a camry

>confusing a low intellect namefag with a genius tripfag
hi and welcome to your first visit to Veeky Forums

but its not heavy, its only 3200lbs thats average for a sedan/coupe

both have "fag" in the name and both supply nothing to the conversation I see no difference mister Prez/o/

lurk moar newfuck

gee you remind me of someone, I think his name is Alphonse

>sub 40k
pick 1
over 100k miles
needs TLC
rust
treated like shit

Why do you guys always get so mad when someone suggests the 370z isnt that great?

>you guys
i'm 1 person

it's annoying when someone wants to buy a brand new 2017 370z nismo and someone comes in and acts like a used porsche with a fuckload of miles is better when it's not what op wants
he didn't ask about a porsche, he asked about the car he wants which is a 370z nismo

These are FWD tho, Veeky Forums hates FWD.

And there are better ways to waste 40k than on a mediocre nissan.

>370z nismo
>mediocre
the only waste of 40k being proposed in this thread is a fucking used porsche

This is why that guy calls you scum. I get it now.

Veeky Forums is retarded and probably thinks you can't oversteer in an FF

Well if you wanna go that route, then don't buy anything. Get a 500 corolla.

I had a non Nismo. It was good. Interior is great. Rear visibility is a bit shit. You can turbo it and make some GREAT power with E85. Handles pretty damn good. I like the looks. The Nismo is too expensive for what it is. You are better off buying a normal model and buying aftermarket parts.

>calls someone a bus rider
>tries to reason with them
LOL

To be fair what car can't you turbo plus e85 and make great power

I never called anyone a bus rider.
You guys are being stuck up ass holes about a mediocre car.
40k can get a lot better.
Likei said. I get why youre called scum now.

>40k can get a lot better.
Not him but when you're spending this kind of money you can pretty much pick any car you like. a car isn't all about power

A lot without a built engine.

That was literally my first post ITT. Also, lrn to opinion mazda fag.

Corvette is better in every single way

They're even more powerful and like 400lbs lighter, ontop of being more reliable.

>here's your reply
>and another for making me click view to read your dumb shit

Never said it was about power.
How retarded are you people?

When you typically say "this car is better" its usually because it has a bigger number on the paper that says "how much horsies does this thing pull?"

Granted, there probably are in some objective ways a better performing car with a better this or what ever.

He never said he wanted to buy some used piece of shit porsche that has insane insurance rates and above average repair costs.
How retarded are you people?

Keep avoiding the question and shifting the conversation.
100% makes sense.
You people really are horrible

>100% makes sense
>this car is better because its faster
>this car is better because its a porshe, the badge makes it so
>this car is better even though you could prefer another car because thats an opinion

>hes putting words in my mouth again
>hes making things up
>hes shifting the conversation
>he is scum

>this car is better
>won't say why
>any inference drawn is "STAHP POOTING WERDS IN MUH MOTH"
>its better because I said it.

>thinks 4 chan is one person
You are arguing with at least 4 people from what I can tell. You're an idiot and you should feel bad, since you clearly don't understand the irony of your own shitty posts.

Mazda cuck continuously BTFO. Did Chad steal your boyfriend in a Nissan?

But thats the local autist known as Prez/o/, you can tell because he is butthurt about the corvette being slower and less reliable, and his passive aggresivness, which is what the doctors recommended to help him overcome the trauma

oh look its Alphonse

>heavy platform, outdated design, japanese
look for a brz if you seriously want a rice cooker

Camaro V6 1LE is a better daily, equally fast on the track, a LOT less money, and not even worse to see out of. Unless you love the styling of the Nismo, there is little reason to choose it.

>Exactly what I'm looking for, something that's simple but fun to just drive and get the full experience that a manual brings.

It's also quite reliable. All transmission issues were sorted out a while ago.

VQ37VHR responds very well to forced induction (supercharger/turbocharger). So if you get bored you can throw a turbokit or whater

No, im S/o/viet

It might be hqrd to belive, but several people found out how funny it is to watch Prez/o/ sperg

Its a shame it affected him so much

>GM

okay Alphonse

Hey OP fuck everyone in this thread, if you like and are thinking of getting a Nismo go for it, I've driven several 370z and they're fucking amazing for the price. You don't need the Nismo but if you want it fuck it grab two.

Stay assmad cuck

okay Alphonse

Seconding this. Most of Veeky Forums has never even drove a 370z so everything they spout is hearsay. I had one for five years and never had any issues with it. Just keep up maintenance and your fine. You can save money by going with the base model and installing all the nismo options yourself or you can just get the nismo version for a little extra.

OP here, thank you to everyone who responded without being a cocky fag.

I'm looking at the Camaro 1LE as well as the Camaro SS, my budget is $50k CAD, and I'm looking for a 2 door manual coupe that's fun to drive and reliable.

I like the Z because it's able to handle a twin turbo setup relatively easily, and I was planning on TTing someday. But the Camaro 1LE seems equally fascinating after I saw some YouTube videos.

Don't really like decade old Porsches, and my budget doesn't allow for a 2013 or newer 911.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/6088552924.html

>911 Carrera S
>47k miles
>stickshift

just end yourself already please

Get a load of this double nigger

you'll have fun with it.
There's a sizeable following and these are neat japanese muscle cars. You'll enjoy it a lot. All cars especially ones that get hooned will have parts that break and need work. No matter what you get you will need to fix it eventually. Nissan isn't the worst one for that.

A base C7 corvette will sell for what it did new 5 years later

Nissans don't have a huge fanbase and supply:demand drives the price down

Z cars are the best bang for your buck USED but I don't think OP is buying used. If he's going to lease shit he should get a corvette.

>over 10 years old
lol

>If he's going to lease shit he should get a corvette
He better have good credit. Leasing economy grade cars is easy, but when you get to higher end sports cars without good credit its almost impossible to get into one without paying some retardedly high monthly payment.

That is why people are calling you stupid in this thread.

The nismo is over 3300 pounds.. which is more than an Altima or Camry.

If it had shit loads of power and a heavy AWD system that would be one thing, but it doesn't.

The shitposting never stops, eh?

To be honest, you should just enjoy a nice test drive at your local dealer.
The z34 nismo isn't the most impressive car on paper, but it has that wonderful non-modern feel to it.
The way you hear most of the car working, the mechanical clicks of clutch and shifter.
The awesome mechanical grip and the anti-driver-aids button which needs to be pushed just once each time you start the car.
It's ridiculous how easy it is to control while power-oversteering. I pull a nice skid across the crossing every single morning.
Makes driving to work that much better.
When actually trying to go fast and playing with the grip, you will certainly enjoy that thanks to the wheelbase and your seating position,
you will feel the car turning around an "axis" which appears to go precisely through your spine. Which often provokes more hooning (try to resist).
It's my DD and the amount of power it has got is great for public roads (including Autobahn).
You can actually WOT at points and don't have to hold back all the fucking time or worry about even looking at the gas pedal. >pic related
It certainly is more fun than the M4 I drove. But it all depends on what you want from a car.
I've never driven a Chevy so I cannot commend on that. All I can say is that I very much enjoy my 370Z nismo.
I'm pretty sure though that a nice manual american pony car has its merits too. Otherwise they wouldn't have such a following.
Just go for what you feel is right. Have a couple of test drives and then decide. It's your money, your car and your opinion.
For me the nismo is a great fucking car and I love it very much. So consider me a fanboy.
Cheers.

nothing wrong with nismo 370z.
this is last n/a Z you can buy right now. even hondas have left n/a behind, enjoy them while you can.

>Base manual weighs less than 3300 ibs
>332 hp
>1-10 power to weight
That's pretty good in my book. 332 is also pretty good considering it's a n/a v6. Only displaces .1L less than a GT-R. The Chassis is a little pigfat but it's much better than the 350z