Trump edition Snap-on tools when?

Trump edition Snap-on tools when?

Other urls found in this thread:

tooldex.com/armstrong-tools-52-638-12-point-metric-long-combination-wrench-sets.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2MDjgY8Vwgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do mechanics have to buy their own tools if they work in someone's shop? Why aren't the tools provided by the owner?

Because it's just like any other general trade? You provide hand tools and basic power tools, they supply the specialized (expensive) shit.

when i worked in a foundry everything was provided. everything from gloves to wrenches.

Jews?

It depends on the trade/shop. But the practice goes back to when craftsmen made their own tools.

i think it started to stop people from stealing stuff.

when you give shitty pay for back braking work empoloyees feel no loyalty to you then.

Wasn't aware. My mechanic friend has talked about how much he spends on his tools, and I was kinda surprised at how pricey that shit gets. Guess it is a one-time purchase for most of the tools.

If you buy Snap-On or similar-quality brands they will last a lifetime. You don't need to start out immediately buying those expensive quality tools, start with Craftsman or something and work your way up as you lose/break/feel like replacing a tool.

did he have to buy one of those pro scanners?

Because 95% of mechanics are meth addicts and would steal the tools constantly

snap-on more like snap-off

You mainly pay for the warranty and the fact that you need a ton of sizes and shapes. $12-$25 for a screwdriver is common for higher end tools. One of the reasons you get some hardcore brand fanboys.

i have no idea why one is better than another.
i guess i have a little of every brand? i dont think brand matters?

It's like anything. Some tools are better built or have a better mechanism if you're talking about wrenches.

Get Wiha/Heyco wrenches next time

Snap on is a meme

That picture isn't actually mine but I've had a few snap-on sockets crack on me, Everyone in the area calls them snap-off haha.

Yeah I've never understood why people buy snap on stuff

It's no better than Kobalt or Husky.

Good marketing I guess.

Warranty. Depends on the tool you're talking about.

those are good, i use Armstrong at home.
tooldex.com/armstrong-tools-52-638-12-point-metric-long-combination-wrench-sets.html

Well one advantage with buying snap-on is they show up atleast once a week to mechanic shops in my area (OP pic related) and you can warranty out anything that breaks instantly and they have discounted deals.

i fucking LOVE Snap-On Tools. pic related is around 7-8k new in tools. scanner was 4600 new with almost 1000$ updates but it does fucking everything and makes me money all day

scanner

from the shop owner perspective
>mechanics have a decent turn over rate, and will "accidentally" take tools when leaving
>they own the tools, so they can move to any shop they want with their tools
>personal preference on tools/needs
>the shop provides all the big equipment
>think of mechanics like independent contractors more than employees
>employees will steal shit like crazy and it would be almost impossible to keep track
>any system that could keep track would add a ton of time
>mechanics sometimes work on outside shit and take their tools back and forth
>if they break the "shop" tool, EVERYONE has to wait to work

Also most independent owners do own a LARGE amount of tools and specialty tools that they let the employees use at will. My buddy has about $250k worth of tools at his shop not counting the big equipment or welding stuff.

Material used and engineering. I needed a 6" hole it the other day, I ordered a cheapo off amazon (Milwaukee) to knock out this ONE hole. It didn't even make it through 1/10" before the locking pins snapped off, causing the bit to spin down the apater and strip it to shit. I had to put it on the vice to take it off. Sometimes, cheap shit is cheap. But not everything expensive is good. Snap On is generally good. Same wrenched used EVERY work day for about 10 years with zero issues and it doesn't strip shit by being slightly ill fitting. But I also have some cheap stuff that has worked fine with frequent use. But generally the cheap shit breaks much, much, much more often than the higher priced stuff. Not to mention the warranty on higher priced stuff (as a mechanic). No questions asked, brand new one in my hand next time they visit. I returned a 12 year old impact adapter had a new version a day later.

Snap on BTFU
youtube.com/watch?v=2MDjgY8Vwgo

>90 day warranty
>BTFU