Help me fix my neon 1995 Part. 3

The Problem: youtu.be/StEaqE3SFeo

So last time I plugged the neon into the computer I got the error code:

P1297 No Change in MAP sensor from start to run.

Today I replaced the sensor and the problem still persists, what could it be guys?

Also I got a new problem code today that I didn't get last time:

P0122 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A circuit Low Input.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAo_Bhl8Ryw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A description of the problem to those who don't want to watch the video:

Engine wont stay on, shakes a lot, smelly exhaust fumes, check engine light on. Car has been sitting untouched for a year I think. Original owner said it was working fine before it was parked.

No one?

It sounds like you have a massive vacuum leak.

Bump

What do then? I forgot to mention also that the P1297 code is still showing up.

Head gasket is leaking.

My family had one and it needed 3 head gaskets before 150,000km.

It was a common problem with all neons.

a leaking headgasket will not cause those problems you retard.

Its only got 90,000 KMs

Bump

where you at Veeky Forums

Ok just saw the video, that thing sounds terrible, you probably spun a rod bearing
It's either rod knock or something worse

we're trying to dispose of 190 hooker bodies discreetly. goddamn.

This basically
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAo_Bhl8Ryw

>Today I replaced the sensor and the problem still persists, what could it be guys?

Check MAP +5v supply and it's output when ignition is on and the engine is both running and not.

It could wiring (rats can chew everything).

You should get a service manual for EFI and use it as a reference for troubleshooting

lol

My 98 sohc was running rough at idle changed spark plugs and oil and it smoothed out. Never had that code though

Hmm I don't think so, I don't hear that knocking sound.

Thanks user. I'll look into that, I got a Hanes book for my neon, i'll check that out. What does EFI stand for?

Cool Neons, I like the coupe.

Electronic fuel injection

Kek

ty

Cam sensors and crank sensors go out like crazy on 1st gens and can cause issues with starting and staying on.

As for exhaust, your cat is probably shit, does not matter to anyone if you live in a free state/country

CEL is caused by the TPS issue, may not have to change TPS but poke around with a multimeter and find where the voltage drops and replace that part.

And the engine shaking a lot is work out mounts. There are 3, one at the front of the engine connecting to the bumper area, and two at either side passenger and driver, they're a cunt to replace if the metal surrounding the rubber mounts is fucked up.

Might be running rich.

ty

$120.00 down the drain for that map sensor :( my ego is hurting, I want to give up trying to be a mechanic already.

We said to only replace it if you unplugged the map sensor, started the car, and it was fine, not to just jump the gun and replace it anyways.
Diagnosing things is the hardest thing to do with a car, especially over the internet without the car right in front of you. Doing the actual mechanical work is usually (USUALLY. There are exceptions) pretty easy in comparison to diagnosing it

Yes I should have listened to you last time. It was my first time using a diagnostic tool, I was confident that what it found was 100% the problem, big mistake.

See, those computer codes give you a place to start looking, and rarely, if ever, tell you the exact problem. Use it as a starting point and go from there.
Check the wiring as a previous user said. It's been sitting and rats will chew on anything.

Ok ty recaros.