New Corvette ZR1 Spy Shots

Boy, GM, you really fucked up that bumper...
autoblog.com/2017/04/18/spy-photos-corvette-zr1-on-the-nurburgring/#slide-4992790

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1504_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_vs_2015_nissan_gt _r_nismo_comparison/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks fine

BUTTHURT GM FANGIRL DETECTED

wew when is the next flight ?

But is it faster than the GT-R?

>Gm has to make an entirely new model just to have hope of completing a lap of the nurburgring and competing with a decade old gtr
LMAO

Please tell me the glass engine bay is back

>inb4 its a "Z06 Z09 package" like we thought those spy shots of that camaro was a "Z28" and was actually just a "ZL1 1LE"

Corvette sales continue to slump and this is GMs answer.

WEW
E
W

DELETE THIS!!!

>Unfortunately for the Z06, these numerical advantages don’t play out at the racetrack. We brought the cars to historic Willow Springs to let their monstrous power and grip loose on the Big Track, colloquially known as the “Fastest Road in the West.” At 2.42 miles, its nine turns run the gamut from tight and technical to high-speed sweepers, and its long straights let high-horsepower cars really stretch their legs. For this, we brought in our favorite pro driver, Randy Pobst, who turned an impressive 1:25.70 lap time in the NISMO but only a 1:27.10 in the Z06.

motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1504_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_vs_2015_nissan_gt _r_nismo_comparison/

They deleted the article. FUCKING LOL

Exige ripoff

Utterly BTFO

Nice cayman buddy

If this thing is faster than the GT-R the damage control will be immense

With how retarded Nissan has gotten with the GTR, I wouldn't be surprised if it was faster. Nissan has been slowly going down the drain for the past few years now.

not buying it lad. if gm want it to beat the gtr they could simple put turbos in the corvette

>GM cucks have a 10 year old car as a benchmark

No wonder GM cant compete

The guy is conveniently ignoring that nissan had to make a special not road legal Nurburgring pack for the GT-R just to beat the Corvette

Why bother if you're never going to buy one?

sly? post link

source on this?

I literally came here to say this. Jesus Christ, it's basically the same car since what, 08? The corvette should beat it. You'll have to compare it to the next model GT-R.

>the damage control will be immense
Kinda already is. nobody cared how old the C6 was getting by the time the R35 came out and it wasn't even beaten around the tracks that are meme'd until the Nismo.

What really triggered me about the C7 is that they didn't keep the tradition of the trim names going.

Z06 has always been NA until now. ZR1 (which i kinda wish they had continued the tradition of the C4 ZR1) and went DOHC. Camaro did it right.
>Z28 always reserved for NA
>ZL1 is now the force induction
This satisfies my autism.

>Not road legal

Explain the number plates, cuck

>what's the N Attack package?

Yeah.. GM has to release THREE NEW CORVETTE MODELS (stingray, z06, zr1) to compete with a decade old gtr, and anyone other than chebby is the laughing stock

Lmao

The packge that was installed in the test car in the photo I just posted, which had number plates, meaning it as street legal

>GM fangirls still asshurt after several years

What you see in the photo

Stay btfo gmcuck

>He forgot about the C6 which was built in 05 was sweeping the GTR until the nismo came around.

Looks very boy racery and totally expected
The nismo has trick awd tho

it's just a updated Z06.
the head GM engineer said they were focusing on
1. cooling
2. downforce

what does that car have?
1. Larger front grill with looks like 3 radiators like the ZL1
2. a wing to remove the drag from the wickerbill

the ZL1 kicked the z06s ass so the vette engineers had to respond,

If you look into it, the car was modified to the point where it's body was no longer street legal, barely and a minor point. The 'big issue' was the engine was tuned at the track beyond what would be street legal

The car that set the time was not, as it ran, street legal. I imagine all manufacturers do that though, of course you can get more out of engine tuning with a forced induction car.

You can get number plates, then mod the car you know.

why does it wear the wrap?

>the car was modified to the point where it's body was no longer street legal
factually incorrect. there are optional parts in the n-attack package which are not approved for street use in japan and japan only. these things and a different harness iirc

>The 'big issue' was the engine was tuned at the track beyond what would be street legal
what?

>The car that set the time was not, as it ran, street legal
except it was unless you can prove otherwise.

you're all wrong
the whole lot of you
and the z06 is already faster than tje datsun

t. vag fangirl

Why are they always painted/wrapped like that? Why not just a normal color?

To hide details.

>doesnt post article contents
>doesnt post pics from link

>literally a link to a slideshow

DO NOT GIVE THEM AD REVENUE

THIS IS SPAM AND ITS A BANNABLE OFFENCE

>AHAHAH THE 10 YEAR OLD GTR NISMO CAN BEAT A CORVETTE AHAHAHHA
>*new corvette beats gtr*
>GOD ITS A 10 YEAR OLD CAR WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FUCKING DAMAGE CONTROL BOOTY BLASTED BTFO LOLXD

reminder

>less than 2 minutes later
like pottery

Lol the GM cuckholds are assraging again

It'll probably have some parts of it painted black and look better with the spyshot wrap taken off. Pic related.