Fast and Cheap

With a budget of $7000, whats the fastest straight line car you can get. only rules are no engine or transmission swaps. go nuts.

Hard Mode: pretend this is in California, so smog is a problem

bodykit fiero

Get a literbike

4th gen f body

Shouldn't have to say this, but it should be a car.

if the question is "whats the best car for X", the answer isnt ever gonna be "a motorcycle"

A really fucked up mustang gt

Any thought on a C4 corvette?

beat to shit miata with as powerful a turbo kit you can scavenge together

You asked for fast straight lines under $7000. Liter-peter is gonna smoke anything in a straight line, especially in that price bracket.

'75 Monza with 350

15 year old Camaro or Mustang, salvage title bimmer, G35, pre-smog american 4 door with a decent v8 (most 2 doors are out of your price range), high mileage WRX, old compact shitbox like a Maverick or a Vega with a built small block. There are lots of ways to go fast for seven grand.

You say want the the fastest thing for less than 7 grand.

And then you say it can't be a bike, is akin to saying I want run as fast as I possibly can, but only using crutches.

i also asked for a car, kind of important

If you find something reasonably quick under 7grand its going to be at one or more the following.

Unreliable
Needs a shit load to get it running.
Will be slower than anything made in the last five years.
Still won't hold a candle to a literbike.

Still a car though, not a crotchrocket

Is street legal required? If not, I bet a kart could make a pretty strong showing.

Gsxr1000

the point is to drive it on the road, so yes

Liter bike you pussy. Bikes don't need to be smogged so you can do whatever mods you want to it. Not that you need to modify them.

this user is right. think about the age old dogma:

>fast
>reliable
>cheap

You can only pick two.

i never said anything about reliable. As long as it doesnt break down weekly its a-ok

Early 90s foxbody mustang.

>If you find something reasonably quick under 7grand its going to be at one or more the following.
>Unreliable
>Needs a shit load to get it running.
>Will be slower than anything made in the last five years.
did op want top speed or 0-60?
for 7000 you could pick up a gs400/gs430. 0-60 in 5.7 and a good top speed close to 170 with limiter removed. At 7 grand it will be reliable as well.

>Still won't hold a candle to a literbike.
Could win in a slalom in the rain, or any track in the rain.

1998 Nissan Pathfinder

it's not as gutless as it looks, also
SUVs > anything else

That's why reasonable smart people who want to go fast own multiple vehicles.

They're called project cars for a reason.

Neon srt4

3k Civic with a few simple mods.

SRT-4.

>Bikes don't need to be smogged
I thought if a bike was newer than 2013 model year it had to be smogged to be registered in CA.

he is right you know user not just a troll.

Get a GTI