NA Miata General

Popups or GTFO edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/6095966609.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some good sites to score an NA?
Craiglist has really slim picking in my area.

There's no way to buy a good cheap NA anymore besides sheer dumb luck. You literally have to pay $5000 minimum for a truly clean example, at which point you may as well save up $2000-4000 extra to buy a clean NC owned and maintained by boomers.

I'm sad now

I managed to find a stock, immaculate 1997 1.8 NA for $3500.

And then I stanced it.

>tfw a stock na miata is the only cheap japanese sports car for sale in your country

same

>dad had a pop ups british racing green Miata
>sold it when I was 15 for chump change instead of holding onto it
WHY

>tfw i managed to find a modified Miata with everything I'd do to it, minus removing the pop ups.

And I only paid $3.3k for it.

That is a really nice deal, my nig

Thanks lad.

Part of the reason I got a good deal is the fact that he sold it in October/Fall season.

That is the best season to buy a sports car. Also having a lil haggling skills doesnt hurt either.

If I sold it right now I could make a lil profit but thats not why I purchased it in the first place!

I got a 94 R package for $1k.

Guy thought it had a blown head gasket and didn't have time to fix it. Took it home and compression results were fine. Also scored a hardtop for $150 a few weeks later. It has a huge ass crack in it but I just gorilla taped it and it's been holding fine for a few months now.

>tfw bought my NA for $2.5k right before the prices started to skyrocket

>deleted the pop up headlights
what. the. fuck.

What is the proper procedure for replacing the coolant? I have a feeling i did something wrong. Still went through 180 mile trip without a hitch.

Just bought a 91 with 120k miles for $2300 , clean title, stock, socal.
So excited to be honest .

yeah, not a fan of that, esp the way he did it.

Other than that the cars great.

My dad recently bought this bad boy from our neighbors for 1.2k. It wasn't in the best condition when we got it (water pump was fucked as was the shifter, one stud snapped on each front wheel, one stud stripped to shit in the back, rear driver side fender and bumper fucked from what I assume is a parking accident, driver side window smashed, missing panel under steering column, blinking airbag light, burned out reverse light, ac doesn't work, burned out headlight and the shocks are fucked) so far we've fixed everything except the rear stud, ac, shocks, reverse light and body work. Though the stud and shocks will be dealt with later today.

good fucking pick up.

Would look sweet with a hardtop.

Hard top ain't happening, my dad likes having the top down too much
Pic is with the new wheels we got because the old ones were really beat up

that isn't even a bad deal desu. those repairs are easy and half of which you'll have to do on your own anyways at some point

Can you undo it?

Is your dad gay?

What state are you from?

The fuck are you talking about

I picked up a 97 for $2800 the other day clean af

>Improved aero
>Weight reduction
>Less shit to fail

Fixed headlights make everything better.

got a clean one for 2k
bone stock as fuck and only issue was the oil being too thin
i fucked it up bc im a moron but still

>tfw I want one but I don't need two cars
Hmm

It can be your fun time car and not the daily

its possible but it would require wiring shit which I am absolutely clueless about. My buddy has the entire flip up head light assembly that he offered to give me if I decide to do so.

So its either that or possibly rigging up something like pic related, which wold be much easier

I'm not sure if I like the way it looks though.

Sell your other car

Ohio

>ywn add popups instead

If I ever stumble upon a dirt cheap ND, I'm gonna buy a few motors and some LED sealed beams and go to work on it.

Incredibly tempting.
>tfw these miatas for $2 - $3k
>a '91 with 92k miles for $3k
Wew lad

I just bought an NA for $500. I'll sell it to you for $1500 famalam

I spent ~$1000 extra to buy a fairly clean NC owned and maintained by """careful female drivers"""
The alloys were scratched to shit but other than that it was alright

out of curiousity, what aftermarket mods would you duders consider better than stock?

>1993
>144k miles
>looks stock, interior and exterior in good condition
>$2500

I have no experience with Miatas so is this price a red flag?

If it didn't have an LSD, do eet.
Short throw shifter
If you don't mind running 91 octane, set the timing to 14 degrees BTDC for 10 extra whp
Good tyres make a huge difference
If it's a 1.6 an intake can make a difference

You in TX? I'll actually buy it at $1500

I'll buy it for $1600 :^]

>If you don't mind running 91 octane, set the timing to 14 degrees BTDC for 10 extra whp

Not the same user but this sounds tasty. The lamp is already in the mail. Will probably do it this sunday. I am putting 91 octane all the time anyway.

Yeah it literally took me 30 mins max and definitely did make a noticeable difference

Youre 100% right.
Anyone in this thread showing off their sub 3k Miata has a shitbox that's either a 1.6, non LSD, or has a beat up body/interior.

5k for a decent NA with LSD, good paint/body, and an OBD1 1.8.

Is the torque bump really worth getting screwed out of 50-60 cents extra per gallon? Gas is $2.19 where I live, but premium wildly varies - $2.69 all the way up to $3.04 at one place.

Maybe if it was .20c more than regular I'd see the logic, but paying 20% more for fuel in a fucking Miata is laughable.

Washington, yo

miatas are so efficient anyway. it's easy as dicks to set up so just try for yourself.

adding on to this
Fuck, I even have 4400$ saved up and still not a single Miata within 300 miles worth even looking at.

Cause I'm in the UK and even our shit cheap fuel is 95RON/91AKI so it doesn't cost me any more. I can see where you're coming from though.

sleepy miatas are adorable. do it.

The thought of an ND with pop ups makes my pee pee tingle.

Cibie headlights.

>tfw I got exactly what you're describing for 3.2k.
I caught the ad within hours of being posted, Western Unioned the guy $100 to hold it till the weekend and drove about 500 miles to get it though.

I just ordered Hella e-codes for mine. Plan on getting some RPF1s in a few months too, along with a set of Tien coilovers. Next year I'll do Tarbo and the Miat will be done.

>Fixed headlights make everything better.

Then get a fucking NB or literally any other car made in the past 15 years. There are only x amount of nice NA Miatas left and butchering a perfectly working headlight setup is literally pants on head retarded and something only for a real full blown track only race car.

>Recommends heavier miata.

Fuck no. I'm gonna destroy those precious pop-ups!

love the shit out of my NB but every time i see an NA with low profile square popups i get jelly

Bleed it.

I want to replace the intake and airbox so bad, what can I do about the MAF sensor though?

>truly clean

theres your problem. I can find NA miatas all day for 1500 with dents, scratches, faded paint, damaged tops, etc. $5k is what I would expect for a fucking IMMACULATE low miles NA with absolutely nothing needed to fix. theyre cheap cars

I'll give you 4k for it

>buying a car with dents, scratches, faded paint when paint and bodywork is by far the most expensive aspect of a miata

only if you care about how it looks, yo

>-t. Poor stancefag

The front fenders are on RockAuto for $85 each. The rear fenders are listed at $43 each.

how to cut out, align, weld and paint a whole rear quarter

Thanks for the help, you dumb faggots, the car's been sold already

ayyyyyyy nice paint

I picked this guy up for 2.3k about 3 weeks ago from some dumb bitch i banged for a discount.

she never did any maintenance, just took it to a mechanic every 5k miles lmao

Gave her a quick wash this evening

Just get a 1.8 Miata for a little more dosh

Selling mine, needs rust repair and airbag computer.

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/6095966609.html

arizonafag here. I know we're spoiled by being able to have cars that don't rust, but how the fuck do you sell cars like this with a clear conscience? Rot is the worst shit ever. A car with rot is literally terminal, and should be $500.

Do you roll around the smokey pt area often? I swear I recognize this exact na.

not him but its just basic ass miata rust ez fix

>the only part showing it's age is the clutch release bearing which grumbles a bit

help me, is this a major issue? how much does it cost to repair a miata clutch

Noice

Is it possible to buy a new NA windshield without the blue tint along the top? Mine already has an aftermarket windshield with it and it really triggers me. I want to get it replaced but I called a bunch of local shops and they're telling me the only option is tinted.

Wat do?

>tfw thinking about selling my civic and buying another Miata

Except this one will be my daily.

another contender

again, $2800 for a 1.8 LSD miata with good ass interior where i live

paint's in shit condition but eh function > form

>5k for a decent NA with LSD, good paint/body, and an OBD1 1.8.

This is an Veeky Forums meme spread by people who don't actually put any effort into looking for a car. There's no reason to spend that much. I paid $2400 for a '96 with the lsd with 80K.

>tfw I see deals like this everyday and come close to just buying one to have a second car for shits and giggles

I know you said pop-ups only
but I have a question and can't seem to find a definite answer

I'm not sure i was given the right color, I ordered machine grey and it looks a whole lot darker than in all the promo pictures and even when I went to see it on display once. am I just colorblind?

Yes you are.

Nah, that is pretty accurate. What usually happens if you can find an otherwise mint NA with minor rust for around $2k-$3k. But if you're truly looking for something with zero rust and low miles, it will be around $4-$5

Yes you are, because its exactly the same color as seen on their website.

You need to put popups on that RF.

>:(

Post pics.

Me before miat

Do it

>Veeky Forums meme
No, user, the it's sadly not. NAs have increased in popularity substantially in the past five years or so, and while you can find cars substantially cheaper than that, what you consider "nice" or "mint". These cars are old. You're not going to find a car that doesn't have a leaky rack, clean paint, nice interior etc for less than $4,500. "Mint" cars don't need $1500 worth of steering and suspension parts right off the bat. They don't have leaky front seals and rear mains and need a clutch replacement and timing belt service immediately after purchase. A ready to drive, needs nothing NA is $5,000 minimum. Jose's "proyecto" drift missle with fresh paint and a hard top isn't "nice"

user is right. I had to pay 3000$ for a 1990 with a alright coat of plastidip. it looks good enough that no one makes fun of me but its going to need paint next year. its worth the memes tho.

how do I go about putting a clean cold air intake on my na with that stupid MAF right in the way? do I have to remove it?

What tires do y'all recommend in 185/60r14? My LE BBS wheels are coming in on Saturday and i'd like to mount them by Sunday.

Now I can finally save my good rubber for track days.

well, you literally have zero performance options. but i run bridgestone all seasons which were like $60 per tire so I can commute without eating up my yokohamas.

Yes you idiot always remove it.

I should have mentioned they'd be for daily use, so performance can take the back seat.

Was going for $40 - $60 range so I'll look into the Bridgestones.

I was planning on getting some RPF1s in 14x7. What would you run on those?

Not the guy you quoted, but I'd say Falken Azenis.

Recommend a size for a car with lowered suspension but not slammed?