itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13

> Play Demo Day 12 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/entries

> Play Comfy Jam games
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Helpful links
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS (embed)

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/wUh6itNN (embed)

> Engines
tools.aggydaggy.com/engines

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

> How into .webm
OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13/rate/125834
sketchfab.com/models/573197d76d304648bf57f98792921d6e
writ.itch.io/mogisho-01
youtu.be/554vgjn75hw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop playing video games

L O L N O
When I did a KS it didn't even appear in the copy/pasta at the beginning of the thread because that was considered "shilling"

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13/rate/125834

Whimp the Bold Demo:

No enemies in this one, just a few short levels to test out the feel of movement and navigating in the world. Leave feedback, I'd love to know how it feels and what key mappings you like!

HAPPY DEMODAY EVERY1

>can literally not program shit

bro it needs enemies please update with enemies

I fucked up the creation of the new thread, thank you for creating this one too user.

>not using DD13 fanart pic
gay OP edition

Uploading Metanoia:TS' DD13 build now. Please check it out if you like interactive fiction games or visual novels.

Still has a lot of jank in it - I haven't gone back and polished a lot of things that should be polished - but I'm curious to know what y'all think of it anyway.

Sorry :( Please play anyway, feedback for movement and controls is important (note that controls are remappable)

Maybe after demo day ends I'll upload a new one, but this week is insanely busy for me, I'm lucky to have had any demo at all

Last time I visited here, Frauki was still a redhead and Pugdev was making a lemmings clone with demons and shit.
Give me something to play, my negros.

the z control on keyboard doesn't work I cannot absorb anything

I don't know about Frauki being a redhead, but Pugdev is still on that game.

>rush out some fun features for dd13
>now I don't know if I should keep making more fun features or refactor the shit rushed code

Fix your shit.

I've remembered name of that game by chance and had a look at its page and the MC has black hair now.
Did you guys bully him into changing it?

How do you reply to a comment you get on your demo? All I see is to leave a comment myself but not a direct reply.. or is that the only way?

No, there is not. Hope the guy will check back on your page to see your reply.

Yeah, I stupidly wrote absorb even though there are no enemies. I just put up a new version that tells you that absorbing without enemies is just a dash

I will leave you a proper full review with full critique once you add enemies and a first boss for the demo because it is not going to be useful feedback at all

Are you confusing Gwyn (from Memedora) with Frauki? I don't remember Frauki ever having red hair ever.

Please guys, give me some criticism or feedback on this 3D model, human proportions in particular.Like are the hands/feet to small? The head too big? Anything is appreciated. sketchfab.com/models/573197d76d304648bf57f98792921d6e

Whimp, Rampage, Guncat, Xen, Unnamed Platformer, welcome to the party.

Sorry if destroyed the innocence and integrity of your characters.

It's getting pretty crowded, so I think I'm going to start adding characters by request, as I've done all the games I recognize as posting on AGDG. I'll add more characters tomorrow, as the deadline got extended there's no rush on this.

UNRELATED - for those who played Hemoglobin Project, how did the atmosphere of the game feel? I know there's alot of issues with UI and gameplay that have come up - but in terms of atmosphere, how'd I do?

Any rooms/events that spooked you?

Guess I'll see you at DD14 then, can't wait to hear it. Does movement feel good?

MoGiSho
Game: writ.itch.io/mogisho-01
Video footage: youtu.be/554vgjn75hw
- I kinda lost track of the story, even if I've read everything. It's also not clear who I am, the player supposed to be, if I have the option to chose a character to play with after the talks. Wouldn't it be better if I'm only able to talk with these people after I've decided who I want to be? Or maybe I've missed something.
- Amazing art.
- Likable characters.
- Good music choices, even though songs with lyrics might not be the best while there's text to read.
- I guess the difficulty is fine, I'm just bad at these kinds of games. You've also reminded me why I couldn't get into Touhou: the hitbox is a mystery to me.
- Overall: very enjoyable, I like how seriously you take this. The game is very polished in every aspect, shows clearly that you craft it with care, patience and discipline. You can be proud of yourself.

Pic is an unfinished fan art for your game. I don't know where the artist is or if he/she will ever finish it.

Sorry, these takes long to render on this rig, not to mention the upload time. I don't think I'll cover all the games like I did on Comfy Jam, but I'll do a few.

>tfw no one recognizes your game anymore
I guess I should post more often outside of discord?

movement is good for that type of kirby game I liked the space jump floating mechanic

desu i play a lot of games like that so nothing genuinely got to me. i didn't think it was bad, but i'd seen all those same tricks before.

Oh, sorry man. I guess I haven't refreshed the jam page in awhile, I didn't see your game. I'll get you squeezed in :)

Thank you, user. I went ahead and added a @commenter'sname before my reply and hopefully they see it!

Ass is a bit too high, ankles a bit too thick, and front armpit/shoulder too large, IMO.

First fanart I've seen for Whimp, you've made me really happy user

Glad to hear it, thanks for the feedback

Even if I'm not submitting anything, guys like you keep me motivated. Thanks for that!

Do you have some tumblr? Even though I don't have much followers, I would like to do some shilling for you, after you finish group art, because of your awesome work.

squad shit

Arms a bit big, ankles too large, head too small too.
Just slightly, but still.
Other than the proportions, the modeling seems good.

Really? For how long you've been posting your game, that's surprising!

Motivation is free of charge always

Oh, sure. I don't know if I'd call my "art" "awesome", but here you go
jasozz.tumblr.com

how do you guys draw on microsoft paint or on computer programs?

I am having a hard time drawing well on computer but I can draw decently on paper like 6/10 on paper and on pc like 3/10

Now that I think about it I think I got an ohayou a while ago, but it's rare enough that you put a big stupid grin on my face. Keep up the motivation user, folks like you keep demo days going strong

Lots of practice, zooming and lots of ctrl+z

did you learn it by just doing it a lot or did you watch tutorials on how to do it?

you think this is a motherfucking joke?

>Doesn't spell out AGDG logo
C'mon
Looks good though

>I guess I should post more often outside of discord?
well duh

Thank you for playing it, user! It really means a lot!

To see your hitbox and move slower (making it easier to dodge stuff) hold the focus button (shift by default on keyboard). I also included a Lost Coin Purse in the shrine offering area which will give you enough spirit coins to max out your moth dust(bombs), your lives, continues and give you max burst at the start of the stage if you ever wanted to try it again!

Thank you again for doing this! I consider it a milestone to have a video!

do it properly with a swastika

anyone here using unreal engine and keep losing structure data?

i have these random potions and weed herbs in the world and they sometimes lose the mesh and all data i inputted in the structure slots...
what might be causing this shit?

fucking annoying

Yeah ass is definitely too high, gonna lower that. The ankles I think are too big because the feet are too small, so maybe it's relative. The shoulder area also looks a bit large but I'm unsure how to fix that. Maybe it will look better once I get the arm proportions right.

About the arms, could it be because the elbow is too far up maybe? They look about as long as it's on the vitruvian man which I have partially used for reference. And yeah the head should definitely be scaled up now that you mention it. Do you think the neck would be appropriate for that?

Thanks for the feedback because seriously I'm anatomically illiterate. Maybe with help like this I can make something not looking like a martian.

>tfw I can't even get UE4 to install properly on my windows pc

I've seen a few tutorials, and watched a few videos of people painting stuff. I'm not very good by the way

wat are you doing user? you got all those windows updates?
ue works fine in my w7 though its very resource hungry, needs a fucking supercomputer to delete folders.

Theonian here,

CTESiphon already feels ridiculously good.
Jealous as fuck.

Do wish there was bunnyjumping and rocketjumping, though.

Maybe you'd have more luck with a data table if you want a big list

>Theonian here
Why do you do that

Demo day devs.
Do you prefer a livestream review of your games, so that you may interact with it, or just a video for each game?

Just because I'm also working on a sci-fi FPS.

as long as its archived either is cool.

video because I can't deal with stressful information in a single watch

I need at least half a dozen watches to get through it

I'll take either but my preference would be a video at the moment.

When the game's more complete I'd prefer a livestream just because more feedback/interaction's better than less if you've got a viewerbase.

Can't run Ctesiphon exe

noted, thanks

I have no viewerbase at all, I'm not a youtuber or a streamer.
I just got my most valuable feedback after watching people play my game, so ]I'm just trying to return the favor

Does a shmup have to be either mouse or keyboard controlled? Can it be both? Like leaving the option to the player to decide? What would be the game pad equivalent? Mouse-LeftStick, Keyboard-DPad?

I'm strongly considering rewriting the whole thing structure wise. The current system does not scale well number of objects wise, nor can it support sequence animations. It's either that, limiting the numbers and having all animations happen instantly or piling on spaghetti solutions.

At over 20k loc this might take a while to get back even to the same state.

You can do it.

helll fucking yeah, first Rampage fanart
Thanks my amigo

The .jar works

Is my game any good?

Which one is your game?

Yes.

looks great

I think part of the problem with wanting a shmup to be both mouse and keyboard is that the mouse has to be completely reactive to where your pointer is or else it feels really sluggish and laggy. Typically a shmup has movement speed caps which are part of the overall design. A faster moving ship has to be paired with stages that compliment it. Considering how fast you can move the mouse you either need to make keyboard movement extremely insane to match it (or else you give mouse players and advantage) or you need to bring the mouse speed down to match the keyboard (which, again, makes it feel sluggish and unresponsive)

It is a mystery.

YES

Then so is its goodness.

wip

I am watching intently

whicha working on gogem?

haven't seen a game from you in a while now

Side note, just because you design for one doesn't mean you can't support the other
Jamestown is a good example, it's tailored towards gamepad input but does fine with digital and slightly less fine with mouse

i think the ankles should be slightly thinner with respect to the shin, from the front. Sideview they look fine. And yeah now that you mention it the elbow is too far up. Also I took a second look and I think your abs should come farther down, pectorals too maybe.

I want to program, I want to learn, I want to make a game, but my brain cant fucking understand shit. I look at books and subconsciously skip through them and dont understand shit. I look at walls of code and cant understand what is even happening. I tried to learn C++,C, C#, Lua and fucking Python, and the only ones I actually learned to use were the last two. What do I do? I really want to become a game dev

Learn by doing, not by reading. Download Unity, find their starter tutorial and follow along step-by-step. Most of their videos are pretty damn good.

Be the idea guy.

This makes sense, thanks for helping!

>heavenly tits
Yes, /agdg/ was starving for some mature characters for so long. Thank you! For both the dev and your interpretation!

What that user said If you want to make it even easier - just take game maker and do things while watching tutorials (like Shaun Spalding videos or whatever his name is). It will be piece of cake. Trust me. I was learning like that without any coding knowledge. It won't make you pro programmer, but it's good to start.

time for a food break, then to make some graphics.

Nice BotW clone.

>that weeklong indecisiveness for what to do next

So I've played quite a bit of Monolith, and is it just me or is the laser utter shit. I honestly feel like I do better with the default weapon. And the sword absolutely destroys certain bosses that gave me a hard time otherwise, like that one eyeball boss (I can't remember what its called).

Overall the game is really fun though, the weapon bonuses make the game so much fun just to replay and see what weapons you get, especially when you get one of the weapons with 4 bonuses. And the music and overall feel of the game is really nice. I honestly can't wait until this game is finished

game ive been working on is For Which It Stands (president simulator) today im working on yesdev[10] though.

>It's getting pretty crowded, so I think I'm going to start adding characters by request
Is it lame to request stuff from my own game, or from a game that doesn't yet have any visually recognizable characters?

>Good knowledge of C++
>Good knowledge of 3D
>No game ideas.

what's yesdev[10] about?

did you get continous laser? second dev nerfed its damage output a lot, feels weak to me too.

""""""marketing""""""

I hope not. Metanoia's demo is like 70% text right now in terms of time spent playing.

Nope, not lame at all

new camera and added a "dodge" mechanic were the character jumps in a directions

Mi dos centavos on Ctesiphon.
Fucking Motoko Kusanagi shit, m8, I've felt like a cyborg ninja running around stabbing fools in the face with that dagger middle finger.
Everything about controls feels good, really good. running feels great. Running and jumping feels fucking awesome. Running, gunning and jumping through windows feels like orgasm.
If anything, I would only increase the fire rate on the SMG because it's feels sleepy right now.
Once you do that you can probably afford to throw in more enemies.
Please dude keep working on this.