I have recently moved to the other side of the country (California to Maine)

I have recently moved to the other side of the country (California to Maine).

I drove a 2010 Honda Fit all through college, but now I can afford to buy a new car.

I feel very alone because everyone I have ever known is now very far away.

What is the most comfortable car one can have for under ten grand?

I've been looking at these.

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6083400479.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6060785070.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6093559400.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6075815166.html

Other urls found in this thread:

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6092441183.html
maine.craigslist.org/ctd/6063617513.html
youtube.com/watch?v=c3rM8Gr4pu8
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6083400479.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6087094983.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/6059206072.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6075823473.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6088673612.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lincoln town car, mercury grand marquis

Yo, another Maine bro.

Careful. Lots of those probably have a massive amount of rust under them. We're pretty much fucked here. I'd suggest looking for stuff relatively newer in this state. Older cars have a tendency to be held together by bondo.

If you know what you're doing and can do your own work on your car and afford occasional parts, get the Saab (cuz you won't find a mechanic lol).

If you can do a little bit of work, get a Lincoln Town Car.

If you don't really feel like doing much work on your car, get the Lexus LS.

You're in maine so you might want to look into getting a good FWD or AWD car, but snow tires should be good enough.

>fpbp
Anything built on the Panther platform will serve you well.

Which one of these?

as new as possible

I also like this but there is not a lot of information.

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6092441183.html

2000's Mercedes S-Class. Question answered.

maine.craigslist.org/ctd/6063617513.html

I'm iffy about buying a car from a dealership.

If you really want a Volvo, get a V70 instead

Or you could get a late 90's - early 2000's Subaru Forester, which in my experience is the best bang for your buck Winter Warrior

Looks like it'd be good

If you want maximum comfy, I'd get the 89 or the 81. If you want a mix of comfy and reliability, I'd get the 06 or the 99.

truth
youtube.com/watch?v=c3rM8Gr4pu8

>maine.craigslist.org/cto/6083400479.html
>tfw my dad owned a couple SAAB's
>tfw I've been on the look out for nice ones in my area
>tfw they are always shitty as fuck or newer models
>tfw really want a saab 99 turbo, but will never get one.
>tfw found the perfect 99 turbo, sold the day before I saw it

>tfw too sad to post a face

It seems to be quite a bit out of my price range.

How would a late 90's - early 2000's Outback fare in a Waterville winter?

Most things will get eaten away by road salt over time. If you really want your cars to last, get them undercoated.

Back in California I had a similar story when buying my first car.

I always wanted a CRX, but all the ones being sold around Orange County were totally overpriced (12k+) or completely beat to shit.

Now that I'm here I'll probably never own one.

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6087094983.html

An outback would be fine for Waterville, I've done just fine in the past with a much lower FWD car

Honestly as long as you actually know how to drive in snow pretty much anything would work

I'm still nervous about driving in snow.

I had not driven in snow until I moved here.

I'm the second guy you replied to. I'm not an expert on towncars (I just see them as more comfy crown vics). I'd go with what these anons said
Also idk if you care about this kind of stuff but if you're in Maine a Saab or Volvo (maybe even a Subie) may fit in better than a towncar. I'd say make a list of what you look for in a car, then test drive all of them and see which one was most engaging (older cars may seem worn down and not as nice to drive if they weren't taken care of well).

Also other Veeky Forumstist anons sorry for not shitposting more about muh american luxury, volvo being BTFO in terms of safety, etc.

Drive like you did when you gave your driving test, but 5 MPH slower than that even. Brake lighter and for a longer distance than you're used to. Just do everything slower and gentler. Eventually you'll get the hang of it and be able to drive "normally" after a few days, but almost everyone will be driving slow as fuck anyways so might as well stay on the safe side. Definitely get snow tires.

I'm actually not sure what I want in a car.

I just want comfortable seat, good visibility, and aesthetics that are easy on the eyes.

Do you want a car most similar to your fit? Or do you wanna try something new?

The Saab will actually be more like your fit than any other ones of them. All of them will be pretty comfy, the towncar may feel a little comfier but the LS400 will be more "premium" (and all 3 have timeless aesthetics). If you don't care about features and stuff I'd definitely say test drive all of them and see how well the ones you're looking at drive, as well as which cars are known to rust more/less than others.

I like this, but I am sure it is unreliable and I would have to go all the way to south New Hampshire for it.
nh.craigslist.org/cto/6059206072.html

When there's a risk for ice, always take turns slow. Pretend you're driving a tank. That's how fast you should be moving.

I made it through my first couple winters with all season tires (though I did end up tripping the ABS a few times)

I will admit that after my friends converted me into one of "those people" by getting me into lift kits and all terrain tires things got much easier

Lift-kits if you're an offroader/live in snowy areas is okay. Lift-kids if you're a cousin-fucking redneck with a Silverado pick up but live nowhere near a farm is retarded (just like their children).

I'm not sure how to phrase this correctly.

I want a car that feels like my Fit did back in SoCal. Back in Orange County my Fit fit into the environment. It is small so it was easy to park in tight spaces. The drive was very smooth (with the exception of driving over potholes).

As soon as I drove through Colorado something felt off. Suddenly having a small car was not comfortable.

I guess I'm trying to bring back the feeling of having a car for the first time and feeling like it just belongs and blends in with the scenery.

I just like not having to give a fuck about the weather or if the plows did a decent job on the roads

I looked up if there were any Geos being sold here and I found this.

I am not buying it but I have fond memories of a Geo Tracker of this same color.

My girlfriend in sophomore and junior year had one of these and she let me drive it when we went to the beach a few times.

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6088673612.html

I'm telling ya buddy Forester is the way to go

>nervous about driving in snow

Thank me later.

I actually just posted this.

SeeNot sure if I want a Tracker. The one my ex had was kinda shitty.

They're great cars if you take care of them. They drive like bricks, but they get nice mileage for an off-roader.

>not registered
>not inspected

still this may be one of the few things worth going to Madawaska for

I'm not sure I want to drive 10 hours total for a beater.

While you're up there you could head out into the woods and cross the border a bunch of times to spite the Canadians

This came to mind immediately.