/ORG/ map
Trying to climb a hill in your 2WD Toyota Pickup
/ORG/ meets
Yellow Ranger Guy
Overlanding general
Taynger
ARB bumpers
Ranger general

Since the other thread hit the bump limit, I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone know anything about 4x4 van conversions? Are they worth it or should I just buy >3k suburban?

Reminder that MrCummy is still an absolute retard. But no need for me to inform that to you, it's etched into your minds at this point.

Stay mad, stay wrong, keep the (You)'s coming

>17047913
Put your trip back on furfag.

also no (You) for you, but thanks for giving me yours.

>Put your trip back on furfag.
It'll be unbanned in about 4 hours, I don't have to go through petty technicalities to try and hide my (You)s, and you doing so just fuels me even more.

>17047929
>I don't have to go through petty technicalities to try and hide my (You)s

You can call it what you want, you're just not getting the nice shiny little (You) next to your post number since that what you were expecting to get that from me.

>and you doing so just fuels me even more.

yeah, fueling you up in anger that you try to shield away

>You can call it what you want, you're just not getting the nice shiny little (You) next to your post number since that what you were expecting to get that from me.
>thinking this actually matters at all
You're still replying to me fucktard lmfao
How can you call me a retard when you're acting like this? Projection much?

>17047974

>You're still replying to me fucktard lmfao
no shit i'm replying to you, my point is i'm just not giving you a (You) next to your post number, since that is what you wanted from me from the start. Read what I type down thoroughly you dense furfaggot.

>my point is i'm just not giving you a (You) next to your post number
This is so fucking stupid, holy shit.
I didn't even read anything past this point because of how fucking stupid you are.

>17048019

>retard replies to himself
(You) miserable fuck up.

>I didn't even read anything past this point

Not surprising, judging by your comments and intellect I wouldn't expect someone such as yourself would read something carefully because of your incompetent reading comprehension.

>how fucking stupid you are.
now this is a perfect example of projection, totally aced it.

>this entire reply
Not surprising, judging by your comments and intellect.
>claiming I'm projecting
Projection.

>17048075

My K5 flexing, that tire is 3 feet off the ground.

Well. It depends on the capacity of the engine and if it can even support a 4x4.

In OP:
>B
>O
>T
>T
>O
>Y
>O
>T
>A
>R
What did he mean by this?

Also, the TTBs look so weird as a prerunner. Does anyone know why they got rid / any bad mechanical flaws with the TTB systems in 95 and younger Rangers?

What the diddly fucking darn is going on in this thread?

Pre 95?

If we go back to before the 90s, you'll end up with a Dana 28. You don't want that, period. Iirc in 90.5 they switched to the Dana 35.

Why they switched away from TTB? I don't truthfully know. Maybe the extremely bad reputation due to it being complicated. Maybe it's because it doesn't like worn parts, at all. Maybe the cost of lifting steers people away. It's costly to lift correctly.

Me, personally, I'll defend the ttb all day. Even to the point of arguing against a straight axle setup for what a majority of people consider wheeling.

IT'S COSTLY TO LIFT UP MY FUCKING RETARDED TORSION FUCKING BARS
Well, actually, it's not really costly, it's almost near impossible. I guess that's what they meant by Ranger Danger...

It's complex and I believe Ford were the only ones who ever used this type of suspension (maybe the patented it, too) so shoehorning people into that market isn't exactly "user friendly".

Anyway, these twin beams were their answer to the twin i beams. Both being otay for offroading. My friend has a Twin I Bronco which can flex pretty well

I'd like to see a Toyota, owned by someone on Veeky Forums, that can flex that good...

blue LC guy is probably pretty close

>never realized the N O T O Y O T A S acronym
I feel like a retard now

IFS isn't made for that kind of flexing so I'm at a loss

But I can drive fast through the open desert so that's something I guess

47/52 springs, or did you do the 52/63 swap?

>tfw Mr cummy is the defender of yotas

whud the fucc is going on ITT

>Tipping over? Hadn't happened to me so far, I think I'm pretty safe.

Just because he defends Toyotas doesn't mean I like him you gosh darned fucking ding-dong

52" front and 56" rear springs

Sway bar disconnect.
Attach a mast with flag pole

>arbitrary flex
Enjoy your zero body control

>tfw i have a couple pics on my home computer of vw beetles and even a vw bus loaded in the back of a truck but I'm at work

oh well maybe ill remember to post them some time.

Just curious, what makes it costly to lift a Ranger's torsion bars? It takes 20 minutes with a rattle gun on every single torsion bar front end I've ever come across.

rip

Why did you park against a wall painted as a road? And how did you get a Montero to hover?

>flex
>zero body control
>benchracer detected

That's not how it works. Axle articulation helps with predictability when you need it the most by distributing weight across all four wheels rather than attempting to balance on two, which can often end disastrously.

Yes a lot of suspension travel means no control, apparently you've never heard of shocks...

2.5 inch Torsion bar lift- $75 in wheel alignment
3 inch Key swap - $400 + wheel alignment
6+ inch lift - $1500+ front axle replacement

>Axle articulation helps with predictability when you need it the most by distributing weight across all four wheels
Not necessarily Mr Armchair offroader. Simply having four wheels touching the ground means absolutely nothing in terms of weight distribution. Wait until you flex it up on an off camber washout out and that "flex" tries to roll the body weight downhill lifting the higher wheels with less weight.

Apparently you have no fucking idea what shocks do.

any first gen (2001-03) Tundra owners here? Is the lower ball joint problem that bad? Once you replace the ones that came from the factory, do you still have problems (premature wear etc)?

good job, Veeky Forums

shills get paid by the (You). hit em where it hurts.

the wonders of VVT

Small amount of weight on a wheel and SOME resistance to rolling is often all that's needed, and is always better than no weight and no resistance to rolling. Once you start to roll with one wheel up off the ground, the rotational momentum you gain before that wheel hits the ground is often enough to carry it through and roll the vehicle over where you otherwise would have been fine. Lack of articulation equates directly to a lack of stability in any instance where you're actually using that articulation. Is it going to corner as well when conefagging? Of course not, but that's not what's being discussed.

What is being shilled?

I have the same problem on my 1st gen Taco

I'll replace mine with OEM after every 180k Miles or so, but I think there's an aftermarket set that doesn't wear nearly as quickly

I'd recommend checking them whenever your truck's up in the air for maintainence. Check for any play in the joints as well as grease leaking or the boots getting old and wearing out

you know i normally dont like tube bumpers but that one actually looks pretty good my man

Until you drive on an off camber track and, you know, have no weight on one side of the vehicle. Big flex is good presuming the centre between the two axles remains relatively level. Which is great on controlled staged conditions.

>axles are only on different planes under controlled staged conditions
>most wheeling is done on off camber but perfectly flat ground outside controlled staged conditions

Yeah, no.

That's my point you fucking genius.

That was the exact opposite of your point.

shut the fuck up you retarded niggers jesus fucking christ

Thoughts on a ZJ?

About to buy one and wheel the fuck out of it this weekend

Your strawman statements that I never implied?
>axles are only on different planes under controlled staged conditions
>most wheeling is done on off camber but perfectly flat ground outside controlled staged conditions
The same statements which you disagreed with, as do I?

Stating this
>Big flex is good presuming the centre between the two axles remains relatively level. Which is great on controlled staged conditions.

is not disagreeing with those.

what problem? you havent changed them in 180k, that doesn't sound like a problem to me

It's not agreeing with those either you strawmanning mouth breather.
You sound asshurt you tried to climb a hill in your 2WD Landcruiser

i hope youre not paying more than $500

Fuck off to the Subaru thread thinking articulation makes a 4x4 less capable.

Get it, and run rings around the Suburbanons with an inferiority complex and Ford truck parts.

>Fuck off to the Subaru thread thinking articulation makes a 4x4 less capable
Post a link where this was implied.

youre getting butt blasted at $800

Buy it, and be the object this guy's envy

Literally your entire fucking argument. bitching about an arbitrary made up metric that doesn't matter as if it defeats the point of gaining capability through articulation.

>Fuck off to the Subaru thread thinking articulation makes a 4x4 less capable
Post a link where this was implied.
I'll wait Mr Strawman.

Here:
Your entire argument is that flex is a disadvantage.

>Mr Armchair offroader
not this shit again

>your entire argument is my implications
Nice try strawman.
Spotted the assmad Suburbanon

I'm just a spectator. That was my (((you))).

Thanks, user ^__^

Were you not implying that from the start, you never would have made the initial comment about "arbitrary flex" and "body control" to begin with.

But since you claim that was not your point, what was your initial point?

>everyone that disagrees with you has a Suburban
How did you come to this conclusion and what does it have to do with anything?

>what was your initial point?
My initial point, in case you missed it, is flex as a quantifiable measure on its own is useful for staged Patterson's photo shoots or forum avatars, but entirely irrelevant in the real world
>How did you come to this conclusion
The same way you;
A) presume Subaretards claim articulation makes a 4x4 less capable
B) I'm a Subaretard at all.
Are you feeling insecure as a butt blasted Suburbanon?

What is the point of spacers and why every offroad enthousiasts of my area use them? Is this a phase? Do they serve and actual purpose or is it solely esthetic?

>My initial point, in case you missed it, is flex as a quantifiable measure on its own is useful for staged Patterson's photo shoots or forum avatars, but entirely irrelevant in the real world

It really is the same user. You sound buttblasted that you can't take cool flex pictures with your IFS.

>but entirely irrelevant in the real world
>being this delusional
No, you're totally right. The same things that make vehicles good for conefagging totally make them more capable offroad as well. Wheel travel, four wheel drive, and ground clearance are just poser metrics that don't mean anything. This is a real off road vehicle.

>he's not a Subaretard, he must be a conefagger!
Your inadequacy anxiety is bringing me endless entertainment.
It's so nice the Suburbanons finally have their own containment thread.

The fuck's a conefagger?

also

>he's not an IFS no wheel travel is a good thing tard, he must be a suburbanon
Literally just applying your own logic. Everything you think you just said about me, you said about yourself.

>he's not a leaf sprung oxcart piloting cowboy, he must be a Subaretard or conefagger
I was simply applying your own logic. Keep up that projection tho

That's not using my logic, that's just you running out of your own logic and moving the goalposts away from your retarded thought process.

>takes one to know one
The hypocrisy with this post is astounding. For the record, my kettle isn't black.

Has anyone regretted lifting their DD? I'm thinking of lifting my YJ

How do these handle at highway speeds?

Loud as hell. I wear earplugs while I drive above 55mph. Other than that, it drives well. I never go abouve 75mph

Thanks dude glad you like it

Maybe "problem" was the wrong word. But still, basically these lower ball joints are prone to breaking, so it's something that needs to be changed out after driving the shit out of them. I tend to beat on my suspension a bit, so I'll be changing them this summer, but I've heard of trucks that are at the 400k mark and are still running the stock LBJs

TL;DR: It all depends on how hard you ride them, but I'd recommend at least taking a look at them

I DD Taynger. she's on 32s and a 3 inch levelling kit. She actually got more comfortable, believe it or not.

If you do a 4 inch + lift, you can always regear to make it more comfy and have those MPGs back.

Ugh. 3 hour drive tomorrow at 7am.
Good night, /org/. I'll get some pics if it isn't a torrential downpour tomorrow.

I got it. this thing has like a quarter million miles, but drives fine and 4wd works.

We'll chalk that up as a win.
Jeep=1
Suburban=0

I am assuming you mean wheel spacers.
The point is when you put on a larger tire when you turn the wheel it will be too close to the inner fender and it will rub. The spacer eliminates this.
If you mean body spacer it is the easiest way to fit new tires while not fucking with the stock suspension geometry.

Heading down state tomorrow or Friday to search through the farm scrap pile for oil well pipe, angle iron, or square tubing. Possibly stop at my uncle's to see if I can find some scrap steel there. Easier pickings if so.

Ordered two grip 30'x4" straps to make my net.

Not positive as to how I'll be mounting my deer trap yet. Probably slide square tubing into the front frame rails and bolt it in place of the tow hooks. Have it angle downwards and then have my friend weld another section going up. Hopefully it'll work out.

Took it for a ride and it started pouring rain earlier than expected. Any Michigan /org/ meetups?

Where in Michigan?
You've got at least 3 faggots who may be able to swing it.

wtf I love Hyundai now

Just bought a 1997 nissan hardbody 4x4 standard trans as a beater and will probably soon become a trail rig.
How bad did I fuck up Veeky Forums

Major fuck up.

But in all seriousness not bad, drive it like you stole it and have fun...

Too late.

They don't sell 3rds of back windows. So I'll just wait until my scrap yard has one for under $100 or whatever.

I'd just find the largest knobbiest tires you can find on Craigslist and slap them on.

I came here to hide from the FOUR Jeep shitposting threads in the catalog. How is everyone doing here?

and especially

Doing pretty well, but got hit in the face looney-tunes style with a garden rake this morning