/ng/ - Nioh General

Best birdie edition
We're also watching a movie tonight! Vote on which one you want to see
strawpoll.me/12485875

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

ded edition

I wish smithing texts would drop more frequently.
Probably killed Shiggy more than 30 times and still only have the text for his armor (Guess I can count myself lucky for at least that)

How much luck do you have?
I have 392 and it usually only takes like 5 tries

>warrior of the west set gives bonus dmg to people afflicted by lightning
>sword is water
WHY

In case you guys wanted to know how much you need to forge a (+10) weapon

>(+10)
>(+9) * 2
>(+8) * 4
>(+7) * 8
>(+6) * 16
>(+5) * 32
>(+4) * 64
>(+3) * 128
>(+2) * 256
>(+1) * 512

Im guessing the set is supposed to be paired with the Raiken or Raikiri

Not only is NG+ boring, but I just ran into a duplicate glitch that lets you soul forge your weapon without losing the base weapon.

What on earth can the DLC offer?

Not base sorry, the secondary one you loose after transferring the inherent skill. The glitch lets me keep the secondary weapon.

how do you do it?

but I like my spears too much :/

You could always use the Onmyo buffs.

then go for the doggos or use Sakon's spear if you want to take advantage of the lightning

Use Sakon then
Its literally one of the best, if not the best spear you can get

I love the doggo

turns spirit weapon from something I need to carefully manage into a buff that's available for anything looking like a challenge

Guys,

How in the world do I get to the 4th region.
I understand doing more quests fills up the meter on the lower left, but this is taking forever. Did first sub mission and it barely rose. Tell me theres something i can do to make it go faster.

It's a pain in the ass alright, but my autism is sated when I get that 150 +10 to soul match with the 160.

good thing you never have to grind up only +1s

I used to be a kodama

Main missions restore a larger chunk than side missions. Also do yokai realm with a companion to make it less tedious.

How do I three kellys?

Boil the first, baste the second and fry the third

what's the most luck that can be on an accessory?

Handcannon

Went into a mission with a large chunk of amrita and there's no shrine.

How do I get out of this?

hmm
if only the game gave you some sort of literal hyper god mode where you cannot be harmed and you shit out damage during it.

use a branch
or just don't die twice in a row

took a while to grow on me, but this game's fun

cool. That's from black fans, right? I have never gotten one better than +30

The alpha took a long while to grow on me. I was ready to quit but kept going just a bit longer and ended up loving it. First time that ever happened to me with a game and I've been playing since NES days. Usually I either like something at the start or don't and my opinion doesn't really change.

the alpha was awful with weapon durability, etc. I'm glad they changed from that

I was the same way, but with the beta. I kept trying to play it like Dark Souls and it was a big mistake. I must've died to Oniryuki 10 times before I accepted what I was doing wasn't right. I'm glad I did because even though there are minor flaws, this is definitely GOTY contender for me

Yeah that was one thing that really dragged it down among a few others. Thankfully it's out.

yeah if it stayed in I wouldn't have kept playing, but I also get the feeling that came before a Diablo loot system was decided on and wasn't removed in time for alpha

The translation I feel was different from alpha and beta to final. Enemies from the alpha/beta have their Japanese names: Onryuki, Hino-enma, Nue, but then we have later bosses like "Giant Toad" and such that are using english names which sound rather genetic.

as funny as "pronounced giant toad" is, that's not really true. For instance, One Eyed Imp and One Eyed Giant had translated names despite being in early demos, and the final product has stuff like Yuki-onna and Dasha-Gokuro. sure I agree the inconsistency is weird but it's not really related to alpha vs beta vs final

So the game started by having a grave near the walls that gave a hint on which gesture not to do. The hint graves stopped awhile ago.

How are you supposed to figure out which gesture color todo if you only get two tries?

That's really very jarring. I don't get the logic. I also wonder if they'll patch out the "pronounced Giant Toad" or if it's kind of an intentional joke.

Guess pretty much. I hear red may be the rarest but that could be wrong.

The walls aren't that hard to kill normally anyway though.

How do i get the stats to stop being greyed out?

there are stat requirements at the bottom under all the resists, you gotta have at least that

Look at the bottom of the item. Do you meet the stat requirements?

>played through the whole game to NG+
>still can't figure out stat requirements
how retarded are you?

you'd be surprised just how many people don't look at the bottom of the screen

where can i watch?

I bet people voted for Kagemusha just because it's newer ;^)

I know that it's easiest to get Yasakani Magatama from Trail of the master, but are those ones of a worse quality since the mission is lower leveled?

NG ones have the lower end of percentage rolls and defense, but they still get the same loot table

I meant in NG+. Like is something I get in a 225 mission (like accessories, etc.) going to be worse than something I get as a drop from one of the 310 missions?

No

Im so fucking sick of every single revenant wearing the red demon armor.
Buncha faggots all of em

Alright, wish granted. Now everyone will wear Kingos instead

higher missions will have better chance of dropping a higher + one

i have one +0 yasakani, and a +5 one. stat rolls seem pretty much the same but the defense on the +5 is a fair bit higher

Trying to do some quick demon king revealed amrita farming to see how good my equipment is for it at the moment and had a quick question pop up. Do I activate suzaku when my health is critical (flashing red) or do I let it bring me back from the dead via the self revive skill or is there no difference?

then forge your own armor instead

Anyone want to farm Two Kings with me?
Im lvl 370 so I can hold my own pretty well
I need a couple of +4 or higher weapons to get my kusa up to +10

Pass is VIDYA

>Thread almost ded already

Post bullying

We too busy playing Nier buddy.

>9 daiba washi guardian talismans and 9 groundfire traps

I hate this shit
It feels like the game is fucking dead and Im one of the only guys whos constantly playing it

Do we even have other people here who's over lvl 300?

I'm 305. gonna shoot for 750 eventually but I want to get a +amrita Yasakani first

>sloth

>Amrita gained Yasakani
Good luck. I've been trying for days

I don't even use it nowadays. I keep it on for Onryudos and ninja Yoki sometimes. Not much else I can use it for, since everything in this game gets broken by the end

I know, I've tried for so long.

i don't want to get too strong before the updates/dlc
nothing left for me to do besides leveling though, so i'm on hiatus

amrita multiplier gauge is in the same group as change to defense spirit and since ctd spirit is mandatory on a yasakani, it isn't a possible roll

going max level is dumb anyway

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

that's Amrita Gauge, not Amrita Earned or Amrita Earned during LW.

149, taking it slow, having a blast, and don't plan to stop anytime soon. Really looking forward to updates and DLC. I also have another William that does everything my first William didn't do, so that's another one or two hundred hours I'll spend.

true

you can get those rolls on yasakani

Is it true there's no endgame content?

they're adding pvp, another level of difficulty and tower style waved-based arena soon

right now, there is just NG+ and farming perfect gear

No?
I have over 185 hours now, and Im still enjoying myself despite completing NG+

what do you consider endgame content? it's an ARPG more than it is a 3rd person action adventure game, so the endgame is just like a Diablo game

Is Sozasa Monji shit because of the locked strong attack damage trait or is there a trait combination that makes it viable? Like maybe quick attack up or something? Might have to just switch to atagi sadamune.

strong attack, quick attack, close combat attack and skill attack are all apart of the same trait group

if you have one, you won't be able to roll any of the others

you're stuck with strong attack damage and can never get 20% close combat attack

whether that means enough to you to switch weapons is entirely up to you

I wish Haja had a special trait such as +30 Break or something
Such a cool-looking hammer

Weird that it would conflict with quick attack damage. But supposedly final attack damage is in the same damage pool and I have that on it currently.

I'm at 260 or so and still playing. I just don't post as much as I did in the beginning. Currently working on setting up LW amrita farming gear for the demon king revealed mission. I can run it right now and make around 17 million without using the consumable sake or the talismans that get you amrita for every hit on enemies. All that aside I haven't made up my mind whether to farm for divine fragments to reforge the gear to maximum efficiency or just farm the + gear to get everything up to 160 +10. Going to be another investment either way.

It's weird, because there are people that have gotten both Guard Ki Reduction and Mid Guard Ki reduction despite them being in the same pool. I think it's possible in some instances, and just rare.

Mmm, wish there was solid info on this, reforging is so expensive, don't want to waste millions trying to get a trait I can't even get

what's the best Kusarigama, and is it worth farming for?

I think the only 'unique' one is the Iga set Kusarigama. All the others are just variances on damage, maybe one or two with a default element. Just use the strongest one you can make

Sayorashi or Rasatsu
You can't farm nor smith them, they drop randomly.
2nd best would be Yasha's I think.

Shiranui is the best one I think, although what says is true, the Iga Kusarigama is the only one that has set bonuses, but highest attack multiplier goes to the Shiranui. It normally has fire ranging from 4-12.

I was more curious about attack damage since I know there are quite a few non-smithable ones. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Shiranui, my bad.

Just kill me lads.
Spend my day burning through 800+ divine frags without a single 160. Spent only one per forge and apparently Tome wasn't pleased enough.

were you forging something that used special ingredients?

You did the 320 mission, r-right?

>got a random drop of an Osafune Kanemitsu with inheritable Familiarity Damage Bonus A- on it.

should I go find somewhere to drop this fuckboys?

Give me a few minutes and I'll get you a picture of the Shiranui I got earlier for my LW amrita farming build.

Cleared every single mission.

Onikiba Kusa with Demon's Horns.

Got Hino and Onryoki's helms on first try, several -1 in demon king without trying and multiple boss sets in less than three runs so maybe my luck is running dry.

>A connection error has occurred.
Getting tired of this shit

Wow third time I complained on the internet and third time I got something I wanted.
Now I know the secret. Fuck Tome and her wild ride. Time for some soul matching.