Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
as a hobby I do 1/10 RC rally racing and I'm looking for a new project. Which rally car should I do? The only rules are:
The real car has to be AWD/4WD.
It must be cool looking and unique (so no newest Ford Focus etc. please)
Must be made in 1/10 scale.

Anything cool you can think of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZlcRezBFXA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8U62vu7bk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jf5iycotegA
youtube.com/watch?v=0f8U62vu7bk
asiatees.com/model?Kyosho-Fazer-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Kyosho&model=Fazer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/toy/

Fuck off.

They have no class, you faggots at least have a decent taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZlcRezBFXA

If it's available, try a Ford RS200, Lancia Statos, Lancia 037, or maybe any other Group B rally car. Those look really unique and are sure to stand out.

>Lancia Stratos
Based choice and only choice

No really, fuck off and go and play with your toys elsewhere child.

Pikes Peak if you haven't already.

Sorry Mitsubishi Evo Pikes Peak specifically.

wew aren't you a cool guy user
bet all the girls are impressed

Can't use that due to the regulations I think. Also shit looks fragile as fuck. That huge wing would break off after a few minutes of heavy driving.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8U62vu7bk

Yeah, Stratos would be a nice addition. I already have a Delta Integrale in that based Martini colours.

Or maybe classic AUDI quattro? That RS200 is expensive but cool tho.

I would go with a GT Four 6th gen Celica, but that's because I used to own a 6th gen Alltrac which is basically the same thing.

>anime poster
>bus rider
>playing with his toy cars

Why am I not surprised.

*BRAPS IN RC*

Weren't these RWD?

is not Also why are you so insecure about having a hobby user?

Nobody makes these. I've checked.

I both have a shitbox car and a shitbox radio control car
So I win here
I guess he's just upset other people like fun

>The real car has to be AWD/4WD
>Stratos
Did you queers actually read the question before you started blabbering jibberish in an effort to feel involved?

Interesting finding this here. I'm about to go from a Nitro Rustler to a 4x4 Stampede electric. The maintenance on the nitro has been cumbersome and getting annoying. Can't wait for better throttle am but I'll miss the sound. That was the best part

>Group B RX7
>AWD
you have to go back

Yes. Was going to post this as well. Or rod millens group B inspired 4wd rx7.

>Weren't these RWD?
nope, AWD.

holy fucking shit you guys have to watch this video

I'm all for having your own fun and whatnot, but this is the gayest thing I've ever seen

just the hunched-over guys scampering around behind their rc car on singletrack is too funny

but, OP, I'd probably be a special snowflake and want either a Porsche 959, Mitsubishit Galant VR4, or the first gen Subaru Legacy rally car

Aren't all nitro RC cars 2-stroke anyway?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jf5iycotegA
Only in Czechia™

Okay, another try.
323 GTX, but I guess I also missed with availability.

also, I can't imagine this shit costs much less than it would to buy an old Impreza/Neon/rallyshitbox of your choice and participate in grassroots rally like a big boy or just "rally" by yourself on dirt roads

Im always racing around circuits etc and from experience i would advise you to go for a subaru. They are awd/4wd, reasonably cheap, have great performance and are practical for both road and track use.

>Couple of hundred for an RC car and everything you need
>Thousands for a new car, trailer, crash safety, rally license, protective gear, travel to events

Were you born retarded or did your Dad beat you until you were?

Yeah, seems like nobody cares about Mazda.

Almost impossible to mod a car around here or to go hooning on dirt backroads. Another user was crying about that in here yesterday and he was 100% correct. And professional rally racing is not within my financial reach. This ain't the States faggot.

Hell if I have to choose between this and fucking I will go for something physical every time.

My friends used to do nitro cars. And after replacing parts every fucking weekend just dropped the hobby. It was super expensive. I bought a cheaper electric car and it' never broken. But I still won't take the plunge into nitro. I realize this may be irrelevant to the thread. But for those considering getting one.

get dat FPV

the king of getting stones stuck in the steering arms

Chap ass Tamiya over all this shit. Wins every time.

ye the old ones are pretty solid

one million hop ups later

Riced RC car

ayee

Cosworth!

>using HPI
>not Futaba

Plebs out.

OP get a Kyosho Fazer. They have a bunch of bodies for it, mainly the evo like I have and a bunch of Subarus. KV2400 brushless motor, 2s lipo battery, sealed differbecause, a set of drifting and off road wheels.

Things I would suggest:
>buy the aluminum center driveshaft
>trim wheel wells because offroad wheels tend to grab the body while turning (or lift it)
>replace all the shitty 2 sided tape with 3m 2 sided tape (wing, rear bumper, headlamp pockets)
>buy a servo saver and at least 2 extra servos.

/t/o/y/ general now

They looks fucking glorious desu. I might just start looking trough eBay just for the hell of it. I love that wing.

I have a XV-01 chassis already but I will look into the Fazer when I need to upgrade. Is it 1/10?

someone has to meme it up, maybe it can be you
i somehow doubt there's a proper representation of this out there but you could probably kitbash it from an mr2 kit

>Martini colours
Repsol superior

Yeah its 1/10. I'm about to fab some covers for the steering pivot and center driveshaft though. I went into rwd a couple weeks ago when a rock got lodged between the motor and shaft and spun it loose from the driving gear. Easy fix though.

I'm trying to get a new motor and move up to 3s though. Getting "bored" with the kind of drifts i pull with it now. Which is funny to me because everyone at my shop has Traxxas RC's, but I hand them my controller and they just spin it in circles.

Holy fuck that would be cool. But it would take a lot of work for a consumable shell.

I've looked into the Frazer but the ground clearance looks like shit. It wouldn't survive 5 minutes of some heavy tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=0f8U62vu7bk

How much does it take to get into this? I'd it expensive?

Depends. How competitive do you want to be? Do you want to be able to win? Then maybe around 400-500$. 200-300$ if you just want to have fun and you are starting from a scratch. eBay is your friend. Sniping 150$ sets is possible but you will need to upgrade soon. You can train on these and then just move up tho.

Lift it? Almost every RC in that video looks lifted.

asiatees.com/model?Kyosho-Fazer-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Kyosho&model=Fazer

I just bought a 4x4 Stampede, 2s Lipo battery and charger for just under $600 with tax