>luckily the boys in the M division have the perfect plan
>rice out the looks
>give it a HUGE 20bhp bump in power thanks to ECU tuning only
>remove the option of a manual gearbox
>decrease weight by about as much as a fat americans lunch
>decide these incredible improvements warrant a price increase
>decide to slap a FIFTY PERCENT price premium on this garbage
>FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE BASE CAR

How long until the industry crashes under its own stupidity, or are we going to keep blindly marching through an endless slurry of (((special editions))), turbocharging, automatics and hybrids?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmwofarlington.com/used/BMW/2015-BMW-M3-Arlington-TX-f44224250a0e0ae7362623035d7ebe3b.htm
slashgear.com/bmw-i8-will-force-fake-engine-noise-and-howl-at-pedestrians-31323128/
roadandtrack.com/car-shows/shanghai-auto-show/news/a33251/the-2018-bmw-m4-cs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Relax your autism OP, nobody cares

let me guess, you drive either a peace of shit FiST or a 300 dollar civic? relax famalam, some people got money.you dont.

Actually I don't drive shit as I have the luxury of a bus pass.

*piece ffs

You forgot a few things:

>nose heavy understeer as always
>overweight compared to competition
>BMW pumps fake engine noises into cabin through speakers

blame the people willing to buy this shit, not the manufacturer

if you can make a few bucks off some rich idiots, why not

>overweight compared to competition
Yet it's still the fastest on most tracks
>BMW pumps fake engine noises into cabin through speakers
Sadly everyone does this.

na, blame the shitty manufacturer who hasnt had an impressive car in decades and is driving the brand into the ground through its terrible reliability

Sadly, everyone does not do this. Which 911/Cayman does this?'

>muh track

Im not sure how thats possible given that the BMW gearbox is about unimpressive as it gets and not a single person can say its good

>give it a HUGE 20bhp bump in power thanks to ECU tuning only

I thought M cars should be faster no? lol this is a joke right?

>german engineering

M4 weight: 3483 lbs
>the competition
C63S Coupe: 3929 lbs
Lexus RCF: 3957 lbs
ATS V Coupe: 3607 lbs
RS5 (8T3): 3717 lbs
Name a lighter car in its class
Same with the M3, lightest in its class, has always been so

>Yet it's still the fastest on most tracks
Ah yes, the racetrack, where BMW M car owners spend 95% of their time.

Dumbfuck.

>na, blame the shitty manufacturer who hasnt had an impressive car in decades and is driving the brand into the ground through its terrible reliability

M2 is pretty good, and the N55 it comes with is way more reliable than the N54 while sounding much better than the M4

>conveniently forgets the alfa giulia memerifoglio, a lighter car
Nice effort BMW shill.

The 718 does it.
Look up Porsche sound actuator

Was in the market for a BMW M car since the next generation will likely be hybrids and all that shit. Might go for this since it'll probably hold its value better in the long term.

Maybe if you faggots spent less time crying about shit you're too poor to afford and more time building a career you might be able to buy nice things.

I named only coupes retard, did not want to trigger the local Alfa shills because they hate when someone calls their beloved sedan "pigfat"
Anyway the Giulia weighs 1672-1733 kilograms lmfao

or you could buy a 5-6 year old 911 with 20k miles for 50% of the price and beat the M in every category.

>20bhp difference
source

>M cars
>holding their value

I suggest getting a 997 GT3 or Turbo.

>hold its value better in the long term.

Ahahahahahaha

I can think of no other car that is guaranteed to depreciate faster, especially with the looming transition to hybrid appliances.

Do your homework.

>M cars
>holding their value
Yes.

bmwofarlington.com/used/BMW/2015-BMW-M3-Arlington-TX-f44224250a0e0ae7362623035d7ebe3b.htm

>~ 62k base price
>10k in options
>72k car

>2015
>going for 48k (so you can get it for 45)

Nice, 30k loss in about 2 years is pretty good.

>1M coupe
>M1
>M2
>M3 e30
>M3 GT e36
>M3 CSL e46
>M3 GTR e46
>M3 CRT e90
>M3 GTS e92
>M4 GTS f82

>M3 GTR e46

>sell ten cars to BMW execs at an extortionate price
>surprised when they hold their value
wow

What about all the others?

delet this

>FiST IS A FUN CAR REEEEE
>BREAK MY WALLET AM A I RIGHT
>M DIVISION IS MEME DIVISON

top kek, these poor fags are hilarious

THe engine sound through th speakers is honestly no sin imo. You can't shift by ear if you can't hear the engine. So they just mic'd the car from outside the cabin and play it back to you. That has practical utility.

However, the i8 is shit.

slashgear.com/bmw-i8-will-force-fake-engine-noise-and-howl-at-pedestrians-31323128/

The small petrol engine has completely fake sounds come through the speaker, the sound division came up with 'electric engine' sounds for the electric mode, sport, and eco.

The exhause is literally a speaker to make a sound for pedestrians to hear.

The car sounds like a tesla creaking along the road without completely fictional sounds.

almost all the new ones do but its not really fake its just amplifying the already existing sound so you can hear it inside the cabin, for shifting purposes.

lol look up cadillac prices. They drop to like 15k in that time.

>How long until the industry crashes under its own stupidity, or are we going to keep blindly marching through an endless slurry of (((special editions))), turbocharging, automatics and hybrids?

Cheap nigger car "enthusiasts" don't buy new shit. Automakers make what the masses buy. You wanna change shit? Buy new or quit being a crybaby faggot.

>Conveniently leaves out alfa romeo quadrifoglio

The giulia isnt a coupe

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/shanghai-auto-show/news/a33251/the-2018-bmw-m4-cs/

>"...so it has to make do with a mere 454 horsepower"

Can't make this shit up, mang...

>so they just mic'd the car from outside the cabin and play it back to you.
That's not what it's doing, it's enhancing the sound to make it sound less shit, thats why it sounds like an old Gran Turismo game or some shit rather than actual engine noise. Go watch a comparison someone made with the system on and off.

>people actually defending this

Who the FUCK is going to buy an M4 with nice badge for 125k USD when you could get a brand new Porsche 911 (faster, better looking, more exotic, more reliable, better drivers car) for that price?