Lost my keys

Sup Veeky Forums, I lost my car keys and don't have spares on me. This is my first car and I don't have any friends to ask for advice or guidance. I have an '02 Aztek if that's any help

What is the process I must go through to get a new car key? Will it be expensive? Thank you in advance

Other urls found in this thread:

aztekfanclub.com/files/02ownersmanual.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>02 Aztek
Just push it off a cliff

>walter white pls
Any chance of hotwiring it?

Fucking upvoted dude lol

got any meth?

I-I got it for $1700 and it's in great condition. The thing is more reliable than most of my friends cars, I'm just retarded and misplaced the keys for good it seems. No chance in hotwiring it, as I'm not very experienced with vehicles

Assmad GM fangirl detected

call a locksmith. also,
>aztek
fucking disgusting man

STOP IT REEEEEE STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I DIDN'T BUY IT BECAUSE OF THE SHOW!!!!!!!

ANSWER ME ANSWER ME ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!

>'02 Aztek

Subaru keys are cheap

>aztek

Will somebody just give me a rundown please

Please guys

You can get a new key from the dealer cut with your vin and some proof of ownership. If it doesn't have a transponder chip it won't be very expensive. Get two cut, not just one. Since Pontiac doesn't exist anymore, go to Chebby.

(You)

Did you try killing yourself? I'd start there if I drove an aztek

It's chipped meaning you'll need to get a new key cut and the system programmed. Losing the key may also increase the price of getting into the vehicle.

Look up locksmiths near you and call at least three. Give them all the details and get a quote up front for
>getting your car unlocked/started (if required) and where it needs to be
>getting a new key cut + programmed.

Once you get the new key the old spare keys will probably be deprogrammed, however the 2002 Pontiac Aztek is supposed to be on board programmable (OBP) with one existing key, so when you get home you can reprogram the existing keys back on yourself.

You might be screwed trying the dealer route because they only have to keep the codes for, I think, 10 years.
Call a locksmith.

aztekfanclub.com/files/02ownersmanual.pdf
page 82 / 439

>Your vehicle has the PASS-Key R III vehicle theft system. The key has a transponder in the key head that matches a decoder in the vehicle’s steering column. If a replacement key or any additional key is needed, you must purchase this key from your dealer. The key will have PK3 stamped on it. Keep the bar code tag that came with the original keys. Give this tag to your dealer if you need a new key made.

A competent locksmith should be able to look up the relevant codes by VIN though.

>aztekfanclub.com
it saddens me to think there is a community of people who worship this abortion on wheels

There's a forum/community for every car ever. I have yet to think of a mass produced car, google a community for said car, and come back empty handed. I would be more surprised if there wasn't a community for the Aztek.

The only bad part of the Aztek is the styling anyway, they're great cars under the sheet metal. The Buick Rendezvous is the same car with more agreeable styling, if you like it better.

Give it back.

Why would you steal am aztec?