2011+ V6 Stangs

Hey Veeky Forums,

I have $15,000 to get a performance v6 coupe and prefer the mileage to be under 70k and the Year to be over 2010. I found a 2013 v6 premium stang in my price point.

Memes aside
>rental car
>girls car
>crowd devastator
>lolcantturn.jpg

What other car has over 305 hp, 0-60 in mid 5's, an LSD and looks as good as the 2013 stang in my criteria. (Over 2010, Low miles under 70k, v6/v8 coupe for 15,000)

(Honorable mentions to Camaro, Genesis coupe, 370z, bmw 335i)

And no I don't need a 5.0, don't want the gas or insurance bills. The v6 stang is fine, I don't need or want to get a shit box and put a 200mm turbo in it to go faster than a v6 stang, fast isn't everything.

Things I need to keep in mind for the v6 stang. Shit driveshaft, Shit tires stock, shitty plastic interior (doesnt bother me), bullshit 120 mph speed limiter.

Other urls found in this thread:

tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/6089279454.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Try to find one with the performance package, makes the car drive a lot better

Stick only

Toyobaru?

I'd go for the 335i if it is something you're already interested in.

When someone buys a V6 all it says is "I couldn't afford the V8".

Can you honestly tell yourself that if you bought a V6, you wouldn't regret not buying a V8?

I looked and out of the factory they are kinda boring with a 0-60 over 6 seconds and a measly 4 cylinder that only gets 200hp.

Sure it has a good aftermarket but I really don't want to invest too much in a car to make me happy with it. A mustang v6 really only needs a solid tune and exhaust and a few other bolt-ons + tires and its doing 5.2-5.0 sec 0-60 times easily.

Plus I enjoy the styling of the stang a little better.

Sure the brz handling is better but my daily commute has no turns or elevation changes really, I live in Florida so 0-60 speed is more important to me.

Sort out your finances first

Looked into the 335i but prices are still on the higher side over 15,000 for a good one. And I don't really care what other people think or the douchebags that only care about a v8. Most people that criticize the new v6 probably never drove one with a track (performance pack) with more aggressive gearing and different suspension.

My finances are fine, just don't want the V8 cause it really doesn't suit my my needs rn.

Maybe in 2 years If I like my V6 I will get the 2018 V8 but for now, im barely 20 and want to get into the stangs to see if I like em and don't want to put a full investment into a V8 rn.

Lets not forget the 2010 Mustang V8 only produced 315 hp. The 2013 v6 produces 305. Only 10 hp less than the gt from a few years back. And with a simple tune, exhaust and a bolt-on or 2 it can beat out the previous GT no problem.

>performance v6 coupe

Hey user, just chiming in to say that this is pretty logical. I bought my BRZ when I lived in Florida, and it was really hard to find anywhere that I thought it was satisfying to drive there. Now that I moved back north, it's a much better experience.

If I had plans to stay in Florida, a Mustang would have definitely been a better choice. Thankfully I was just learning manual when I got my car in Florida so I couldn't exploit it much anyways, and quite frankly I'm happy to have learned in a flat area like Florida.

I don't see anything wrong with your reasoning, the V6 Mustang would be a good choice.

Also wanted to mention that you should consider a 370z. Those are also popular in Florida vs the BRZ.

I love the fags who pull the MUH V8 meme without considering every aspect of the decision.

>Fuel cost
>Insurance cost
>Initial outlay

You're paying more so you can pay more when you buy the V8 for no reason. If it's just a daily driver, the V6 Mustang with its 300HP is more than enough to be satisfying day in and day out while still being reasonable to run and insure.

if you're retarded enough to fall for the typically American "size matters" meme, you deserve to be in financial turmoil for the remainder of your wagecuck existence.

Thanks for the tips.

I also looked into the 370z and even on the 2009 the prices are inflated. The cheapest one in my area is a 2010 with 80k miles. Plus I hard the ride can be a bit annoying on them and the insurance is a little spiked on them.

*Edit. Cheapest in my area is 14,800 with 80k miles and its a convertible.

Carmax has 18-19k under 15k miles, and since they are intentionally inflated you could probably haggle 370's from where you see them. Where in Florida are you?

After a quick search, Mullinax Ford has a 2013 370z with under 60k miles for 17k it looks like and I'm sure you could negotiate.

Tampa area. Still not sold on the Z, sure it has like a 4.7 sec 0-60 but for a young guy like me insurance is gonna be laughable and I heard the ride is really stiff so It will probably get annoying after a while.

Yeah that could be true. If its your only car the pizza box tier trunk wouldn't really be as practical as the mustang either.

Good luck user.

The stock PP V6 runs 5.1s 0-60 according to Motor Trend.

Saw that to, those are 2010 GT numbers.

However in real world tests I saw its more like 5.5, That old 4.0 V6 used to be a laughing stock until 2011, good on ford for making that 3.7 duratec.

Sadly, V6 memes will live on.

The 4.0L manual did something like 6.5s 0-60, it wasn't that slow. It was just a rough engine.

Also 5.1s is for the '11 V6 PP, the '10 GT did 4.8 or 4.9s.

While I dont fundamentally disagree with what you wrote OP, Ive just seen it way too many times, you will want the 5.0 eventually. You will also start rationalizing the extra gas and insurance costs, and their relative importance will diminish in the face of your desire to have the V8... it is a tale as old as time OP

you could get a Cadillac CTS with the bigger engine.

335i you wont find a good one without really pushing the budget.

V6 memes will live in because it is all relative.

The 4.0L v6 was about about as fast relative to the market that existed 10 years ago as the 3.7L v6 is today. Cars that run 0-60 in the 5 second range arent too hard to come by now.

The 3.7 is much better than the 4.0, but in the same way the 4.0L was better than the 3.8L before that.

$15k is Boxster S money, they're surprisingly cheap cars to maintain and drive everyday

Most likely I'm gonna crave more power. For now this is going to be a trial phase of the mustang, don't want to invest too much into a V8 currently. I'm just gonna drive the car for a year or two and see if I like it and maybe put light mods and after 1-2 years when I have a bigger bank account than I will get the 2018 or 2019 Stang GT.

From what I have read and seen, few 2011+ V6 enthusiast Stang PP owners really regret it.

About an old ass Porsche boxster, lolno.

300bhp in a 2800lbs car without traction control is no joke

>a car that looks fast but is actually a slow generic DD

Why not just get something that's slow and cool if you don't want to go fast? If you're set on your future buyers remorse why post about it?

MT has the 2013 Mustang V6 PP 6MT rated at a 5.3 Sec 0-60 and 13's 1/4.

>2010 Mustang GT's do about 5.0 sec 0-60.

Plenty for a DD, not many (new cars 2010< under 15k) out there that can do that. No where near a slow car.

Anyways, $13,000 for the pic related, 6mt and PP and under 70k miles. Yes I like the retarded color.

Drove the 5.0 the other day, found it really quite slow. Cannot believe the offer a four or a six as a option.

pretty sure v6 mustangs don't come with an lsd

anyways, check out the 135i too

That's still 3k civic with a huge turbo speeds.

I mean, you don't get muh 'stang feels but you'll be accelerating with commuter cars no matter how garish the paint is.

They do. Looked into the 135i but man I cant get over the autistic styling. I like the 2 series much better.

>Why not just get something that's slow
GTFO.

I mean a 2010 Mustang shouldn't be .5 seconds faster than an Integra GSR from 1995, GT -or- V6, auto or manual. That's literally driver error territory.

i dunno OP, with that budget you're going to compromise with pretty much anything you look at.

do you really buy a mustang to get with anything but the v8?

are you buying cash?

Not the point. Any porch monkey with a wrench and a few grand can make a 4 second car. I'm looking for a newer sports coupe under 15k and with adequate power i.e Low 5's. Will I be breaking land speed records, no I just want a car I can smile in every day and have enough ponies to get out of the way fast. Do I want a sloppy shitbox with a 200mm turbo to beat people on highway pulls and have no practicality and reliablity at all? No.

I enjoy the mustangs aesthetic and believe the power output is adequate for my needs atm. I would like to own a V8 as much as the next guy but the V6 is a great compromise for my current situation. I mean being a few milliseconds slower than a 2010 Stang GT isnt too bad in my book, but yes u can always go faster for the moeny but like I said in my OP, thats not the point.

He likely is, and 15k is his max budget, but it's weird either way because a 2011 GT -should- be in his price range, but they're probably all 80-100k mile mark. Which shouldn't be a problem, Mustangs are far more reliable than Camaros, in general.

You really haven't thought much about this have you? A shitbox with a supercharger, IHE, and some good tires will spank your V6 every day, and still fit your gf's luggage in the hatch.
But I mean atleast you don't have a shitbox right? You have a V6 MUSTANG
PINNACLE OF SPORTS CAR

I owned a 2014 with the pp. Definitely a sweet daily. Only probably was mine was pretty bare bones as i ordered it right from the factory with only that option.

Pros
>5ish 0-60
>6 spd is super solid
>Relatively attractive
>No mechanical issues whatsoever (Only had it till 25k)

Cons
>Everyone has a v6 muttang
>No frills interior (my fault, ordered it that way)
>Eventually you want more speed
>Shit mpg (around 17) guess that's my fault

Doesn't the Camaro have a better v6? I was looking at that one myself, and my criteria's more or less the same as OP's. Ford's neglecting their v6 package and is getting rid of it next year, while chivvy offers it as the midrange option.

Shame about the visibility though.

Not OP, in fact I'm opposed to the V6 stangs, but the Maro weighs nearly 4,000 lbs to the Stangs 3,5xx, probably less with a V6, and only makes 300 horses to haul that weight around in.
T. looked at one.

this is first gen I'm speaking of tho, since budget is 15k.

>I love the fags who pull the MUH V8 meme without considering every aspect of the decision.

I daily a V8, what aspects are there to even consider?

>Muh fuel
Fuel costs are blown way out of proportion, the difference in the end of the year is maybe a couple hundred. A V6 will suck up just as much gas, maybe even more trying to keep up with a V8

>Muh insurance
Don't crash or get tickets, in other words git good

>Initial outlay
V8's always hold their value, v6 Mustangs drop like a rock

>performance
>V6
>mfw

>mass produced sports car available for the masses
>holding value
?????????????????????
What did he mean by this?

It's 330 HP though.

But yeah, it is pretty pigfat, can't argue that. Tbh, I'm way more of a fan of the Mustang's styling.

The masses buy V6s like OP when used buyers want V8s

You got the point, ~300 HP at ~4,000 lbs is Challenger territory, but atleast it doesn't handle like a boat.

They have less torque than a 1990's V8

I got the point desu but just hearing anybody talk about a V6 or V8 mustang holding value gave me a laugh. They're literally some of the cheapest sports cars on the market, the only reason they "hold value" is they sold for ~30k, ie, had much less value to lose.

lol it's just like when muscle cars first came out. Everyone ordered the base 6 cylinder notchback mustangs because they were affordable and the upgrades weren't worth it and now those cars have a little value and the big block, manual, fastback optioned cars are worth a fortune.

Hell if anything "holds value" it's gotta be the Toyoburus in the US market. You can literally get a V8 mustang for cheaper than a fucking used FRS of the same year.
>7,500 dollars at most
>a fortune

Having had a 2013 V6 Mustang personally, I will tell you, it's not that bad a daily, gas mileage is decent, insurance isn't that bad but is only slightly cheaper than the V8, but you will want more and eventually will regret not getting the V8 up front and just dealing with the extra cost of gas and insurance.

That said, if you want to get the V6, go for it, it's not a bad car, and if you're young and using it as a jumping off point to maybe upgrading to a V8 later, I'd say do the V8 now, however you'll enjoy the V6 for what it is.

And yes, I upgraded to the V8 after about 2 and a half years of having the V6.

>Mustang
>performance and v6 in the same sentance
Choose one.

>Can't spell sentence right. Kek

He's saying the 6 banger Mustangs are $7.5k at most and the V8 Mustangs are $20-30k.

>Even thinking a FRS is a good investment
Those are retarded weebs that are trying to dump their car and buy something decent.

OP should also note that 2015+ Mustangs are coming down in price and the Ecoboosts are starting to dip down into the high 15's. so for around 16K could get a newer car with a little more power and a lot more potential. The Ecoboosts have alot more aftermarket than the 3.7 V6's do.

I would get a mustang if I didn't see literally 20+ everyday on my commute to work. Seriously, they're fucking everywhere.

You'll NEVER and trust me when I saw NEVER see 5.1 in a V6 mustang unless you are running 3.73 gears, tune, CAI and sticky tires.

Had a 2013 V6 and it did like 6.7 stock on the economy tires.

After tune and CAI did it in 6.3.

After changing 2.73 to 3.73 it was down to 5.7 seconds.

Never did get the tires changed out to something decent before I totaled it but it would be very hard to see 5.1 as feasible.

More than likely youll see 6+ second times.

I cheaped out and bought a Genesis Coupe because Hyundai offered me the best deal on my trade and allowed me to finance 2 years at a near zero interest rate.

I like the car and its fun enough and fast enough. But there almost isn't a day that goes by that I dont regret taking a worse deal on my trade in and getting a 5.0.

Altitude? Temp?

You're incorrect.

user, brand new mustangs are on sale. Check them out. V6 stangs in my area are going for about $18k

>lists the 0-60 time
>then says speed isnt everything

V8 or nothing u cuck

Performance.
V6

Pick 1 nigger

Do not buy a v6 pony car. As said it will create the epitome of badge envy in you. No this is not what other people think, it's what (you) will think in the future
>why did I buy that ....
>non v8 mustang
>non turbo skyline
>non type r Honda
>etc
>....when I could have bought the top trim and had nothing to compare it to

When I bought my z, I could have bought that na. It was cheap, insurable, and had """""""enough"""""" power. I am so glad I saved another few months and bought a twin turbo. Albeit even that's starting to feel slow but I can turn up the boost to fix that!

Why are new mustangs on sale??

Year end clearance, '18s will be arriving soon.

Ah ok. So would now be a good time to pick up a new one or when the 18s actually come out

Buy a 2010 or older v8. The V8 exhaust note is part of the experience. You want a v6, get a 350z or 370z.

OP here, would but the 2011+ has 100+ more HP, I couldn't live with myself If I knew I have 100 less ponies than the year newer.

You bastards are running a hard bargain. The cheapest V8 in my area.

tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/6089279454.html

2012 Mustang GT - $15200 - 70k Miles

No I wont be paying cash, its a finance deal. I'm worried about the Insurance and Gas which some of you said I blew out of proportion, but since I'm 19 it may be a problem. Sure I don't have any accidents or tickets in my 3 year driving history but idk. But I will talk to a few more people to see if a GT is doable.

Pic related is GT I found in my budget

You really won't notice the 100 less horses if you've never driven one. My first experience with a V8 was a stock foxbody 5.0. Super choked, still felt fast and fun. At 19 I'd save your money and get an older, higher mileage 4.6 S197 or SN95 GT. You'll pay less insurance, and if something happens to it you won't be as fucked.

Just buy the v8 you stupid fucking faggot. What is it with kids buying v6 mustangs? It's like buying a house and sleeping on the hard floor because you're too cheap to buy a damn mattress