ITT: Tiny engines in big engine bays

step aside retards

12A a cute

good thread

That would look so awesome if you cleaned up all that spaghetti.

I'm always fascinated by how some make it possible to TUCC away so much to achieve something like this

Do motors count?

That is fucking sexy

I wonder if those are overdriven teslol motors

Damn son that is a clean ass eningine bay. Where the fuck are all the fluid reservoirs?

this soothes my autism

Not a chance. The Tesla uses jumbo AC blender motors. Those are DC motors, The real "instant torque" monsters.

here's my 12a in the engine bay after i cleaned all the emissions crap out, i still cant believe how big this bay is considering the size of the engine

with carb mounted

>tfw ugly stock header

I'm not doing this right am i

So clean

im confused where is the fuse box,the master cylinder, all the hoses basically all the shit needed to keep the car running normal how is this possible?

or look at this shit.

you could fucking EAT out of that thing

As far as stancefag showcar stuff goes this is actually pretty cool. It's creative, takes a lot of time and effort accomplish, and looks awesome

> I6 in a car that coulda had a V12

bretty good

the engine in the OP is even a 1.8 inline 4 lol

its an m40b18 and its as reliable as a econo 4cyl petrol engine could be in that day.

They all need to be moved somewhere else, usually somewhere inconvenient. It's why I'll never scrub my engine bay like that, as nice as it can look.

my nigger

Surely the 1.3 Ford Capri wins this?

Finally, a thread for my performance Toyota hot hatch

Literally any straight six in an old pickup. So cute.

>m40
>reliable
KEK
if you enjoy wiped cam loads and broken internals maybe.
M40 is SHIT
Less reliable than M10, barely any more power, worse in every single way than an M42.

>battery as long as engine block
wew

wew lad all this meming while saying nothing at all. kek kek for shitposting.
I'll debunk the shit you spewed anyway because I actually know shit about these engines.
Cams have problems due to oil starvation, like every fucking SOHC engine yet they never stop going, they just stop revving over 5K rpm and that is after serious abuse and oil starvation.
Broken internals, no fucking way why do you pull this shit out of your ass? stock internals are good for triple the power at the very least, not that the original power numbers are to write home about, that is simply not the point.
It is the improved version of the M10 and the last thing you posted is just plain bullcrap because the M42 is an improved modernised version of the M40 with a different head.

cunt

Sorry butthurt m40 fanboy but these are DOCUMENTED flaws, google "M40 problems" and anywhere you go you find that it happens with age and has nothing to do with abuse.
They wipe cam lobes because the head is poorly designed and doesn't oil the cam enough, they also are known to break cams.

T. guy who has swapped more broken M40s for M42s and M20s than you have even seen.

>improved version of the M10
>less reliable and durable, only a couple more horsepowers
ok

Does muh engine count?

>250ci 600lb boat anchor
>small

Please, get rid of that 1 barrel and put a 2 barrel on there.

235ci 630lb boat anchor thank you I want to. I have a split exhaust header for it, I just need the twin carb intake.

heres mine

Guess what this is.

lol, looks so lost in there

4.3 Vortec in my old Silverado was pretty nice to work on.

Porsche.

some old TRUCC

>tfw you sit in your engine bay to change plugs

>tfw you lie in your engine bay like in a bathtub while working on the engine that beforehand cooled down to body temperature warmth and fall asleep

903cc and a 4 speed box
in a bay that can fit 2000cc and a five speed
it makes the front end too light lol

How in the hell could anyone, including myself be an m40 fanboy, it is a cast iron 4cyl econo engine with ancient technology even when it was new.
All I was saying it is reliable, offcourse you will find the "documented flaws" i previously mentioned from the top of my head, these are niche situations that don't occur on a massive scale. The only occuring issue that these engines commonly suffer from is the hydraulic tappets wearing out due to, yet again, oil starvation. This causes a ticking noise but never any catastrophical problems, these engines just keep on going even with worn out cams.
Iv'e never seen any of them break cams.
But naturally you already know all of this from your expertise and googling. I have a couple in my driveway though.
you are comparing a carbed engine to a fuel injected engine and therefor are a complete moron.

So...there is an engine below that air filter.

Reminds me of this renault, somehow.

its same engine as the Fiat Topolino
but bored and stroked

Is yours also a valve-in-block?

Pic related to the thread; there is space for another engine between the exhaust manifold and the battery.

clean your engine bay and fix your wipers bro its usually grounds or the park contacts in the wiper motor if its not that its the module under the dash

Well engine itself is small compared to engine bay.

Also get a load of this clusterfuck.

>Two giant DC motors instead of AC
Good lord. That sounds like the equivalent of a VEE EIGHT with a fuckoff huge supercharger.

It's the module for the wiper delay. I have to play stupid human tricks just to get them to shut off. They're not parked, but seriously holding the control upwards in the off position for a few seconds is the only way to make them stop.
I paid $120 for the car in 2005, so I'm not putting a bunch of work into it.

More like Sneks V10 with the boost and specific output of a tuned Supra.

am i spacious

F E M I N I N E

D O R I T O

M20 in a e30 is only spacious on the sides. The fan clutch is literally inches from the leading edge of the front bumper.

This is my fetish.

I think I have the biggest engine, but it still counts.

no its one of the later ohv conversions

No you're illiterate.

look at all that room......why no turbo bro???

FIAT 850 Spider

The only BMW that have "spacious" engine bays are the 4cyl ones. The rest is pretty much packed.

>someone starts it up

nigga..

> nobody mentions the fucking air intake practically touching the engine

I'm disappointed.

what about bikes? they can have small engines and big space like this

>says vortech
>turbo charger

Clearly a supercharger.

Clearly an alternator

Usually clean bays look good but this is just ugly. The silver plastic and red wires combo looks very "pep boys special" and the hot air intake looks like something ripped off of a riced toyota in the junkyard.

Those are all aluminum not metallic plastic

What the actual fuck