/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

"I BANN HIM, I BANN HIM!" Edition

>Dated Sirris, met her Grandparents
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight : sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idffrZU-Jsc
twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/839611768901152769
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ev_4OxfQhU
youtu.be/yl2B83DmlpA
twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/839640780004171776
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not removing the extra Embeds

>pointing down
youtube.com/watch?v=idffrZU-Jsc

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/839611768901152769

Why would you be dumb enough to spoil it

please post sliders

no

Ok gimmie a sec

I hope they show off the skeleton halberd.

How do I counter warden twinblades+ carthus rouge??

Lube your asshole.

Is Yukas aware he's turned into a "meme" within' the community for being so booty blasted that he banned someone for pointing down at him?

Swing before they swing and land your hits with proper spacing. Someone with Warden Twinblades + Carthus Rouge is gonna want to be aggressive towards you to build that bleed up. Adjust the way you fight to play around that kind of behavior.

Annoy the shit out of them with great farron dart, keep them rolling away from you with soul great-sword and dark edge. If they close the distance give them a whack with a straight sword and repeat the process. If you see them start looking for a parry see if you can trick them into suck starting a crystal soul spear.

eat some bleed moss

don't get hit by l1

if you do get hit, they'll chase with running l1, so try not to panic roll and/or roll away

I wish he would get his fat fucking self off the screen. No one wants to see that burrito loving mug of yours.

Yukas has always being a meme. Him banning someone for a gesture is the only relevant thing he's done recently

>Found Dark Souls 2 complete edition for 10$ on 360
>Heard From Soft promising it would be harder than the first one
>Got through Baneful Queen on my second day of my playthrough

Just so you know it took me 4 days to figure out how to beat Ornstein and Smough, did they gimped the difficulty on DaS2 complete edition? All I know they did some changes and how do I use effigies? If I burn on bonfire it says I can't do it now

>No one wants to see that burrito loving mug
Yeah they do. The dumbshits that make up his and the other streamer's communities thrive on that shit not just in this game but all of them. They're not as interested in the game as they are watching some guy or girl-gamer react to it. To us who genuinely want to see how he plays the game it's annoying but to his community it's what they want out of him. Much as I want to I can't fault him for catering to the people that pay him.

DON'T BURN EFFIGIES YOU FUCK
THAT PREVENTS INVADERS
JUST USE THEM LIKE ANY OTHER ITEM

Mytha is pretty easy. In fact, most of DaS2 is easier than OnS, until you get to the DLCs. Fume Knight is a big wall.

Also yeah, you just use effigies. Burning them prevents summoning/invasions for a while. Defeating a boss automatically applies that effect for a while too.

Burning effigies disables online interactions, consume it to go human
If your definition of harder is "bigger clusters of strong enemies", then yeah

it's easier because we are already used to the formla, they just say that so casualfags buy it "cuz itz so hardcore you guyse xdddd"

It doesn't even matter since the 360 community is dead anyway but good to know

Yeah I was just wondering because I stopped paying attention to him way back in early DaS2 days. I couldn't stand the constant nose sniffling (I swear he had a permanent cold), the unjustified ego he had, and the overall amount of cocks he'd suck.

There would've never been idiots asking to see him if he hadn't put himself on the stream like that in the first place.

>"what should be the heavy attack for this weapon?"
>"just give it a slower version of the fast attack"

fromsoft's "a-team" has literally no excuse for having this kind of shit after bloodborne.

looking for a backup pyro weapon besides the onyx blade to +10, preferably a fast one.

Facecams are the worst god damn thing. A plague too. So many streamers I otherwise like have started using them.

dark-infused [dex-oriented, lightweight weapon]
witch's locks

Dark Souls 3 is just another rushed cash-grab like Dark Souls 2, it was just in a shinier package with a better assembly this time around.

Raw Astora Straightsword
Raw Rapier or Estoc
Raw Carthus Curved Sword

There's a few.

Are Frozen Weapon and Snap Freeze good?

they're pretty _cool_

No, frost status is a complete fucking joke, it's strange that they even included it in the game with how worthless it is.

frozen weapon is irredeemable trash and there is no circumstance where it is superior to bleed

snap freeze can be good as area denial I guess, I mostly see it in invasions

every souls game is rushed:
>DeS has a whole archstone removed with the unfinished level still in the disk.
>DaS has the whole Demon Ruins area unfinished and some other places rough around the edges.
>DS2 has the whole path leading up to Freya unfinished and also some other areas with reused assets.
>DS3 is filled with graphical bugs and reused content with repeptitive areas and assets.
>Bloodborne also has tons of graphical bugs in certain areas and the shitty random dungeon system.
>every dlc has reused assets from the main game.

and don't fucking forget the lore contradictions and plot holes for the sake of fan service, fucking bandai namco the asian jews.

Unfortunately, no. Both spells suffer from the same problems. Primarily freeze takes too long to build up and then it doesn't do a decent amount of damage when it does. I bring Snap Freeze to FCs every now and then and I think I've seen it hit for 250 max if I can get someone to stand in it.

Why is Watchdogs the most based covenant?

I forgot what frostbite even does. Never notice it

it's just bleed but with cooldown and harder to apply, also slows stamina recovery

I think it's like Ds2 bleed, but worse because it's Ds3 and you can roll through it going off.

Praise the spider.

That sucks, they looked cool, no pun intended.

I was wondering if Spellswords (Int-based) had any merit outside of GSoJ or MLGS builds, but I guess not.

I like how 3 at the very least instilled covenant rivalry again. You really start to dislike yellows and whites after a while.

is the crescent moon sickle thing from leonhard in ds3 any good? I want to like it but the moveset seems very meh

It's poop

This?
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ev_4OxfQhU

Meanwhile blueberry comes to help best day of my life

Same moveset as any other curved sword bar the weaponart

>spend about an hour and a half tilting through Homoprinces on my first character at SL100 or so, only getting past Lorian a bit more than half the time
>breeze through them in 4 tries on my SL70 character
I mean, I don't consider them a gimmick boss, but seriously?

It's mediocre. The sword itself does alright damage, but has short reach and the projectile shot from the WA comes out at a weird angle that often causes it to collide with the floor.

What were you using 1st and what 2nd?

>the projectile shot from the WA comes out at a weird angle that often causes it to collide with the floor
Isn't this an issue with every WA that shoots a magic wave projectile?

How to pvp as full sorcery without just spamming sword spells?

I dunno, DaS2 bleed was pretty fucking terrible, all it did was deal a flat 200 damage, reduce maximum stamina by 25% and slow down your movement for a few seconds. The only thing it had going for it was that there were multiple ways to boost buildup, including a ring and gloves that could stack with the weapon plus Bleeding Serum.

At least frostbite inflicts a damage absorption penalty, that can be useful in PvE against bosses.

Go with Pyromancy if you want a pure caster with no flashsword or weapon-catalysts.

Yes, but that doesn't redeem the weapon
Go back in time and snipe people with soul stream

First, I was using combined Black Iron Greatshield plus Wolnir's rolling R1s. Might have swapped out for Dark Sword once or twice.

Second, I was using BKS with one-handed Washing Pole. Apparently Lothric is weak to slash damage, because I was doing 100 more damage to him than Lorian with attacks that hit both of them.

I guess maybe I just got gud at the boss, even though it the last time I beat them was back in October or so, before AoA came out. I was having the worst time learning how to dodge the teleporting attacks and just kept throwing my body at Lorian until I learned the patterns well enough.

So I decided to go with lord of the hollows ending on my new character, and when I came to sacrifice Anri, pilgrim was already dead and Anri already sacrificed. Yuria is gone too. What the fuck happened?

Over a thousand hours over all three Souls games and I still cannot fucking jump attack and kick consistently. Why!?

Orbeck cucked you. Should've listened and killed him
Because you haven't joined the keyboard only masterrace

I only ever had that issue in DaS2 and it seemed to be caused entirely by my old logitech controller.

I was able to block all his attacks with a silver knight shield

it should have been a cakewalk with a greatshield

did you not block or what?

I was tilting most of the first time and being stubborn as hell about learning how to dodge his attacks. Mainly I was trying to use the shield as an aid for whenever I fucked up, rather than trying to constantly tank the attacks over rolling through them.

Same thing happened when I fought Nameless King with Dragonslayer's Greatshield. I felt that I wouldn't have truly earned the victory if I didn't master dodging his attacks.

Homing Soulmass. Master using this and you will be almost untouchable as a mage. Additional spells to use include Great Farron Dart for chips and finishers. Farron Hail and (Great) Deep Soul are also useful.

Will fromsoft continue to release games on PC? They hadn't released a game of the PC before DS, and that was only because of a petition

I really dont want to shell out for a ps4 to play the newest from title, and its not every day i get to borrow my friend's ps4 to finish bloodborne

Even though I think the pc version of every souls game on pc is definitely the best version of each game, I would vastly prefer any new games to be exclusives for the ps4 if it means they're going to be bloodborne quality and bamco won't be involved.

you just need to use the secret spell
it has no stamina or focus cost
however you may very will die if you try to harness it's powers unprepared
it is called
Lagswitch and CSS them in the face

alternatively invade at lower SL where people are still going through the game so they dont know how to dodge/you can snipe them

Why even bother using greatshields then, you dork? 2hand your weapon and put that strength to use

They have some multiplatform game planned this year, but no extra details were given.

>if it means they're going to be bloodborne quality

Sony payed for a bunch of the quality, it's the only game IIRC where they actually had a full ochestra playing the music for the game.

so basically unless sony pours money into the project dont expect BB tier games from from

>new PVP arenas
>arenas
So TRC will add more than one arena layout ?

They've tasted the golden goose that is a successful international multi-platform release, DaS1 is what put them on the map as developers. I highly doubt they'll easily go back to making games on Sony consoles only.

The PC port of DaS1 was, and still is, pretty fucking trash, not to mention that it actually used GFWL. SotFS was a top-notch port, but it was the exception out of the three games.

Sure, taken entirely on its own the DS1 port is awful, but mods to fix that exist and are extremely easy for anyone to use to get the game into a perfectly functional state with some nice extra bells and whistles.

There's no way they cant find a better publisher than fucking bamco. The soulsborne games have been great successes
The port being trash just means it wasn't better than console versions on its own. That, combined with the leeway for mods, makes it inherently better. All possible issue have been pretty much fixed and there's even an unofficial patch coming, allowing use of weapons to a much greater extent

>Sister Friede
fucking REEEEEE.

Phase one isn't too bad, though sometimes she seems to develop infinite poise for no reason.
Phase 2 I keep getting caught on Ariandel when I roll. My spells do decent damage, but I don't have many FP since I'm going int/dex and had to cut points somewhere.
Phase 3, her combos never fucking end, and I found out the hard way that she's invulnerable at the start of the fight because she tanked 2 spells, had the damage numbers pop up on her HP bar, and gave absolutely no fucks.

I'm honestly thinking of leaving and grinding more levels off the ascended winged knights. I'm only level 94, and I've had basically no trouble with the game aside from this fight.

You're already overlevelled

Patch mentioned
youtu.be/yl2B83DmlpA

twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/839640780004171776

Looks like you can play TRC at Pax East, this weekend. Anybody going ?

Summon Gael. Use Vestiges.

Bullshit, the only time I gained souls without progressing through the game was when I stopped to grind for chunks, and even then I ended up buying them.

I'm a sorcerer, not a pyromancer. Summons might be a good idea, though. Freide gets a butt buddy and has three lifebars, I can't argue against evening the playing field.

>tfw you summoned the npcs for Alonnes gauntlet on your first try and didn't black crystal them out

I thought they would get killed fast like against Raime but fuck me they tanked everything, now I won't have a honorabu 1v1 fight unless I go ng+ or use an ascetic

I'm playing Demon's Souls for the first time, after becoming a big fan of Dark Souls. My intention is to run a straight sword with some fire magic, like my first Dark Souls character. Is kris sword good? Would I be better off with the long sword, like my Dark Souls character?

On a side note, how the fuck do I deal with the stonefang mines spider's fire breath? When it does the huge deluge of fire, I just lose almost all of my health. And for grass, since I've run short thanks to this spider, should I farm?

I'm excited for what looks like a bunch of varied areas as well as more than one actual boss, but I'll miss how open the first DLC was. Invasion shenanigans were pretty rad. Hopefully the areas in this DLC, despite being probably more traditionally fogwalled are at least a good size.

there's a shield in 1-1 with really good fire resistance

alternatively just run the fuck away everytime it's about to breathe fire, then jog back and munch grass like a cow

You know, I've never tried invading in the DLC because my invader characters are all underleveled for it (around 40 to 60) and my main character who I went to the DLC with was a blind run and I never got the full red eye orb so I'm always nervous about wasting cracked ones. I should try it. Where's the best place to invade?

>my main character who I went to the DLC with was a blind run and I never got the full red eye orb

how?

how do you miss the red eye orb?

I'm not sure. I never invaded, and never found Rosaria until well after I had beaten aldrich. I beat at least three lords of cinder before finding out about Rosaria. I guess I just never noticed what's-his-name standing up there.

You can never have that because you summoned for your first win, which is always the hardest one.

you dont even have to invade, there are plenty of tongues just laying about

all you had to do was talk to the man user

>not a webm of him comitting soduko out of shame because you beat him without getting hit

one job

What's the shield called? I never even thought to raise my shield against it, to be honest. I stopped using shields for anything larger than myself by my second playthrough of Dark Souls.

>letting him retain his honor and deny you a clean kill

Purple flame shield. Also there is a slight indent on the left side of the spider tunnel. Stand there when it shoots the fire.

Purple flame shield

>getting beaten to a pulp
>clean kill

wew lad

>dying to the stonefang spider
LMAO

You can do that by getting hit once. Using 5 estus for it means it wasn't voluntary

what are some of the most fun powerstance combos? I used to have a smelter sword + curved nil greatsword, wondering if there are other amazing combos like that.
Just a shame powerstancing iron king hammer with curved nil results in the greathammer powerstance moveset

How viable is light pyromancy and dark damage?

I've kinda fallen in love with Lorian's Greatsword WA, and I have this idea of going ~35 Str, 25 Fai and Int and using that, with a Deep Millwood Axe, and a few pyromancies. Viable..?