Ford crown vics?

my '01 Focus is kill. I need a new ride.

a local dealership has an ex-police 2010 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor for $3,450, 179,000 miles on it. very good condition. I'm leaning heavily towards getting it.

what does Veeky Forums think of crown vics?

Buy it.

Great cars, but municipal ones are garbage. Try and find a civilian one.

But police package speed

I would much rather have a civilian one that wasn't blown to kingdom come than a police package that was.

They never took care of these things. Put off maintenance as long as possible, and the officers were not nice to them. Hammering down on the throttle, over and over and over again. Not to mention all the electrical shit since the lightbar and other accessories were pulled out.

also can I get a quick rundown on Flex Fuel? I've never had a car that could accept E85 before

honestly? That price is a bit much for a used cop car. common mileage is 130k, 179 is going a bit higher than average, and it will have a lot of idle time on it.

Average price for a Panther is in the 2700 range, and absolutely not more than 3000, unless it has super low miles or something.

Also, the downside of a CV, (ESPECIALLY a used cop car) is everyone will think you are a cop.

if you can, look for a Grand Marquis instead.

or, regardless of that or the CV, try and find one that's been owned by an old person. because those are usually in relatively good condition.

its a GM dealership, not some shady used car lot

I'm pretty sure the dealership wouldn't be trying to sell it if it was "blown to kingdom come" atleast I hope

>crown vic
>speed

>Also, the downside of a CV, (ESPECIALLY a used cop car) is everyone will think you are a cop.

how is that a downside other than maybe people will slow down if they see me

because you aren't a cop. which means potential trouble with assholes who will think you tricked them or something.

also, everyone around you will drive like a grandma

I live in a white rural town so I'm not too worried about that, maybe I'll spook some high school kids weed cruising though lol

and everyone around here already does drive like a grandma

>a local dealership
How is it possible for a used car dealer to profit unless the buyer pays more than the car is worth?
>very good condition
According to whom?

Not much speed when your abused transmission is slipping.

it's the least expensive car they have right now.

and according to me. I just went and looked at it. the interior and exterior are damn near spotless. no rust, no dirt

get a civilian cv or better a Grand marquis or a town car.

depends on your local department I guess
In our area cop cars are very viable option. Our local department doesn't want to operate with vehicles that are borderline functional so they keep up on maintenance and fix things before they break.

>maybe I'll spook some high school kids weed cruising though lol

yup, whacker confirmed. You don't appreciate the Crown Vic for what kind of car it is, you only want a power rush. Go play a video game and beat it before you go terrorizing other citizens, wannabe faggot.

>potential trouble with assholes who will think you tricked them
I the many years I have been driving used police vehicles I have never had this happen nor known anyone that this has happened to.
People drive slow around you sometimes, but better that then driving like fucking idiots.

it was a joke you autist
I just want a cheap and reliable used car

OP said his car if toast and he needs a good replacement.
Good CV is a viable option, happens to be a PI
jokes about spooking junkies because it

>OH MY GOD YOUR JUST LOOKING FOR POWERTRIPS!!!! HUURRRDURRR!!!!

I had a 04

beat the shit out of it, ran like a champ

only things that went wrong were a very minor gas tank leak and axle seal was leaking.

If you live where it snows get some GOOD SNOW TIRES. the crown vic will need them

fuck no, its MAYBE worth $2000 at most

remember, its a police car, its been stripped bare. you might be lucky if it has AC

Don't ignore the advice in this thread. The price is too high for the mileage. Go on Craigslist and find a less worn panther for less money

ac's still there bruh
it's all still there except obviously they took off the police decals and equipment, took out the back seat cage, searchlight is still on there though

fuck craigslist private sellers make me nervous

I have a 2011 Police Interceptor that I bought last year
had about 85k miles on it
good condition, little to no rust, interior was clean, funtional ac and heat, limited-slip, and the engine bay was spotless.
I payed $5250 CAD so give or take that's like $3000-$3800 USD at the time

For a CVPI that has 179k miles, $3450 sounds like a bit much. For that much it better have some good functional features and the body better be in prime shape. Otherwise they better bring that price down or offer you a good warranty or something.

>ur le autistic xD

and people are suggesting a non-p71 for a reason, but you keep playing it off "well yeah but i'll look like a cop hurr durr i'll be so cool"

>private sellers make me nervous
So you would rather deal with a professional seller?

>gm dealership
>selling ferd product

lmfao

it's a used car lot. If its in good shape, they will flip anything.

>somebody traded in their Ferd for a better car

>police traded in their vic for a charger because they had extra money left on the budget for the year and would have lost the money if they didn't spend it

>they'll be back in a year then their Chrysler engine blows.

>good thing the taxpayer is paying for it

>A used Charger appears on the lot, in very good condition.

>on the outside