/lozg/ - Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bWfAreV0
youtube.com/watch?v=HAtZ0JwBpqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>found a way to make 730 rupees in 2 minutes
>but it still feels too slow
Man, there's a lot of expensive shit in this game.

Just got myself some tabantha wheat and cane sugar boiiiis so I could hand-verify recipes for cake / crepe / pies and things

Cooking FAQ
pastebin.com/bWfAreV0

that's awfully specific, whats the method?

Okay I just got the 120 shrine reward and I've made a video of it since people said they wanted that, working on converting to webm right now.

I wonder why they went with the rusted broken Master Sword as a big theme/icon for the game. You only ever see it in that state briefly in like 2 scenes and no one mentions it and you never see how it got that way exactly.

>no fish loli to trade love letters with

It's doing the Super Gut Challenge a specific way.
youtube.com/watch?v=HAtZ0JwBpqk
That guy isn't using the climber set with its set bonus, which makes it go ~30 seconds faster.

To strike home the fact that they failed 100 years ago? The image of the rusted broken master sword represents the story of the game.

GOTY/GOAT Test:

> Skyrim
> Witcher 3
> Shadow of Mordor
> Batman Arkham City
> GTA V
> Infamous Second Son
> Red Dead Redemption
> Fallout 4
> Assasins Creed IV
> Farycry 3/4
> Watch Dogs
>X: Xenoblade

?/12
How many does BoTW beat?

how to get 50 wood fast

Make sure to spoiler it please

chop trees.

Blow up trees with bombs and then blow them up again for good measure

How do I get past the last set of jets in Kuh Takkar?

I said fast
I already got tired of bombing trees when I was out for 30

Well then you're SOL

>Skyrim
Easily
>Witcher 3
Gameplay, loses in story
>Shadow of Mordor
Easily
>Batman
This game is irrelevant
>GTA V
This game is irrelevant
>Red Dead Redemption
This game is irrelevant
>Fallout 4
Easily
>Ass Creed IV
Easily
>Far Cry
Easily
>Watch Dogs
Easily
>Xenoblade
I don't know

I know you can't name a worse minigame than Goron dancing in Ages.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Go to the stable just west of rito vilage.

You'll have to chop wood but they've got huge stacks of trucks already piled up waiting for you and multiple free axes. you'll have 50 wood in a minute, tops.

There's like fifteen just sitting there at the lizalfos camp near Laporah Mesa.

Beats everything but Xenoblade, which did everything BotW did but better

It beats everything but witcher 3 and maybe red dead if you factor in undead nightmare.

I'd say they're all pretty equal and have different strengths/weaknesses

BotW only matters when nothing else matters.

When it doesn't matter to have a game that doesn't live up to expectations.
When it doesn't matter to lose your equipment.
When it doesn't matter to lose your horse.
When it doesn't matter to kill doggos for meat or even have the option to harm them.
When it doesn't matter to have a plothole story weak on importance of explaining the motif of the game.
When it doesn't matter to do something right.
Only when nothing matters, does the game seem acceptable.

You don't actually like Breath of the Wild. You're just depressed.
Maybe you're just depressed this isn't the Zelda game you were expecting. Maybe it's something more.

but take care of yourself.

>ywn watch Paya taking a fat sheikah dump

Okay here it is, couldn't fit the whole sequence in under 3mb so it's just the suit

What references does BotW have to each timeline?

People keep saying it's in the Child Timeline because of Zelda referencing SS, OoT, and TP, but I doubt that.

I mean, that's just your opinion man.

That would probably look better with the Hylian trousers

It's an objectively better game.
Except for endgame farming. Holy shit that was bad.

Maybe if you like MMOs. Otherwise, no.

what color pants goes best with green hylian shirt and hood?

Doke doke dokeeeeee

can i pretend to be Guts in this Zelda game?

What's MMO-like about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Anyone know where I can find a Gerudo shield? My Daybreaker got fucked by a guardian and I've been searching all over the desert for the past hours. I'm so pissed
Please someone help me.

The gameplay. What else?

Korok's and Rito for adult timeline

Master Sword location, Title stylization, presence of Ganon for Downfall timeline

Is that the classic outfit or is it something else?

There's one in this mountain, grab the magnetic rock from the top and push through the boulders to get in. It has a ton of Gerudo gear

The new tunic for this game

Yeah that's way better.

Does Dragon's Dogma fit into this?

So are the Guardians like "we figured out how to replicate the Dominion Rod and now we can just put them inside the statues" shit or something?

Am I fighting guardians "wrong"? They zap me from a mile away and I can't seem to get close enough to kill them. What's the trick to em?

sneak

Read it from IGN, but use powerful weapons. Risky method: perfect shield that beam! Can't perfect shield? Get rekt.

Parry the laser, or just dodge the shot and close the gap, shoot the eye while it's charging to stun it. You can cut of the limbs of mobile land guardians to stop them from chasing you, and if you get behind on a stationary one they're pretty fucked.

Make them come to you by hiding behind a tree or rock, then break their legs. 1 to 2 hits with a guardian + weapon should take off a leg, master sword takes 2.

The Hyrule soldier armor was 10x cheaper than what I expected it to be. Pricing for a number of things relative to the rest of the game makes no sense sometimes.

How do I get this gay man off my lawn

Complete Tarrey Town.

Don't talk to him ever again or he'll move back.

Not that user, but thanks, so far I just knock them off cliffs where possible to get them out of my way.

Invite him in

I only found the radiant shield there. Two actually but I need jusr a plain Gerudo shield to fix the Daybreaker

What other references to Downfall are there?

his "heyaa!" schticl with his employee as they make things for Link's house is bloody hilarious and cool, homophobic anonymous

>talking to zora king about mipha
>you can say "we're united now"

ghost fiance confirmed canon

It's just annoying because of how long it takes. I just want to build my damn house and go.

How did Pondo get so rich?

Ahh hmm, I dunno then

Well thematically the fact that they lost? Downfall timeline is a less optimistic and less fortunate one.

The game makes references to every timeline.

they didn't care about the timeline thing. they just took an idea from here, and idea from there, reskinned ARK, removed multiplayer and published it.

is there a map with all shrines shown on it? i'm at a point where i'm just running blind hoping for the sensor to go off

Lynel only exist in downfall games, mention of Ruto becoming a sage so can't be child timeline.

*wink wink*

I like having them around, to keep an eye on things while I'm gone.

Cut their legs off and then go to town on them.
I fight them via horseback in order to be able to close the distance before they shoot.
They stun for a really long time when you cut a leg off, so try to partition them out so that they're just stuck in stun.
I do this with the Master Sword, since Guardians count as Ganon, transforming the Master Sword into a 60 power weapon.

Doesn't downfall refer specifically to OoT? Genuinely curious, I don't really keep up with timeline stuff even though I have the book

>first trip to the coliseum
>silver lynel already there

>dropping food in the snow makes it icy and gives heat resistance
TECHNOLOGY

It becomes 60 damage sure but don't guardians have high defense that negates some of it?

That's what's so good about spears, they ignore armor.

Is anyone knowledgeable about the spirit gathering event that takes place on satori mountain?

I just witnessed it, freaked out because there were like 20+ spirit buns that give you cash if you shot them and then apparently there were spirit horses that you can ride. did anyone get one?

Is lynels not supposed to be in the coliseum? I only went there once and saw the lynel.

How cool would it have been if the Guardians were actually like the 2014 trailer where they could run faster than Epona, interact with rhe environment, and shoot rapid and successive continuous beams like beamos used to do instead of the 7 second charge up and the single laser bullet?

w-woulda been bretty good.

How do you get to the shrine at the end of the Forgotten Temple canyon?

there's always going to be a lynel at the bottom

go as fast as you can
don't look back

I WANT TO FUCK FI

OoT is the nexus point of the universe; The child timeline occurs at the end of the game, the adult timeline you leave behind, and then there was a secret third timeline that is a result of getting a game over.

Interacting with the environment would have been cool but the rest of the dumb shit you said would make them nigh-impossible to kill.

So whats the silver lynel?

The one with the polearm?

>Sneak up to enemy
>Activate amiibo rune
>Aim
>Scan amiibo
>"Airstrike inbound"

>RDR
>irrelevant
sooo, basically you didn't play it then?

>raw meat in snow
>frozen meat
>implying this is edible

Downfall are the games with cartoony pigman ganon. Where he killed Link during the events of OoT, and the Hyrulian soldiers and sages had to handle him themselves in the Imprisoning War, leading into LttP, LA, OoS/A, LoZ, and AoL

I am SHAMELESSLY save scumming for twilight princess armor because the drop rate seems honestly too low. Does anyone know the odds? I'm on try 10 with none of the pieces having dropped. Maybe that doesn't sound bad, but that's a week and a half if I was being honest about it.

Okay I need help in figuring this out.

I need to show this girl fireflies, but she doesn't seem to react to Sunset Fireflies when I hold them in my hand near her or release them near her.

Also in the diary Papaya says the heirloom in their family (I'm guessing the ball) needs to be used and that's exactly what I am trying to do.

So basically I need to figure out how to get this barker to react to fireflies that she wants to see.

Bleh I am annoyed. Please direct me /v/.

Everything is edible if you try hard enough.

>deflecting and shitting on someone for wanting exactly what Nintendo advertised
i hope you don't work for treehouse.

did you try taking a picture?

Wait until night time when she goes home.

what colour hylian pants go best with the green hylian shirt and hood?

I just meant referring to one of the possible outcomes of OoT, as opposed to what the other guy said about the timeline overall being dreary.

Take a picture of the firefly.

talk to her in her house at night until a sidequest activates

tan

What's the best thing you can get from the Guardian amiibo?

>the shrine that is behind rock doors in northern hebra next to the secret hot spring
>only 5 tries before you have to port away so that the snowballs respawn
I have never been so frustrated in my life. how the fuck do I get a snowball with enough size down there without breaking?