/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 9th:
1009 – The first known record of the name of Lithuania appeared in an entry in the annals of the Quedlinburg Abbey in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.
1862 – American Civil War: In the world's first major battle between two powered ironclad warships, the USS Monitor and the CSS Virginia, fought to a draw near the mouth of Hampton Roads in Virginia.
1932 – Éamon de Valera, one of the dominant political figures in twentieth-century Ireland, became President of the Executive Council of the Irish Free State.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive for links.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!LRpGEBhT!_2kCkAF44_TSWNlc-ZmTuduDNqGQMb9bnhJ6SI2_UJk
mega.nz/#!zMYCxRpY!89OIQeQ-pcDBHZK2EsVnHondUZtxf_Aj0nuqpheSmp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

absolutely based

>Man I'm a fucking dumbass. What IS a tramp stamp, in the end? Just a lewd tattoo?
A tattoo in the cocci you virgin shit

monks and mystics WHERE

god i need to pump up my religious ideas or i'm going to get mudslimed
RIP muscovy

All CK2 DLCs including M&M
>mega.nz/#!LRpGEBhT!_2kCkAF44_TSWNlc-ZmTuduDNqGQMb9bnhJ6SI2_UJk

DLC activators for steam etc.
>mega.nz/#!zMYCxRpY!89OIQeQ-pcDBHZK2EsVnHondUZtxf_Aj0nuqpheSmp8

>literally deleting bits of "this day in history" because of a meme report and ignore warning
Reminder to sage

This guy sucks.

Muscovy is easy as fuck, what are you talking about

t. greek

>make an expansion called monks and mystics
>it includes satanists and hermeticists as societies
>paradox somehow managed to overlook making the templars and hospitalers into societies, something that would easily improve the crusade mechanic of the game

See

How would it improve that?

What the fuck is the logic behind this?

*distant sounds of the shitposter group frenetically reporting this thread*

LUTHERED

>protestant portugal
What the FUCK

It could give them more depth than "would you like to give x a castle?"

>1462
What meme mod?

What would be some good events for a /gsg/ secret society in CK2?
>Event: Choice between gaining Slothful or Gluttonous
>Decision Branch: During the Comet Sighting event, you have the opportunity to declare "Stellaris is not grand strategy" for prestige
>Mission: Swear loyalty to someone who holds the title Holy Roman Emperor or King of Germany, or gain that title yourself
>Mission: Convert to a Germanic culture

>this thread
>not the steamgroup thread
What did he mean by this?

There should be MORE societies, there's just a few, it's frustrating

Like what?

Thats what im thinking
Just improved visuals and some music mods. Ive seen this happen before in Bosnia as well. The event that caused it simple mentioned the Christians in my land were a bit loopy.

TOO MANY MUSLIMS NOT ENOUGH MISSIONARIES AHJASDFKLJAS;FLKJAS;LKDFJ

Nice meme events.

t. steamgroup reporting the proper thread, this thread

Has no one here fucking played Persia recently? As soon as the silver age event comes up, I can not use the decisions window anymore. Almost instantly crashes if I click on it.

Get religious you dumbfuck or become protector pf the faith.

>fewer posts
>created AFTER the other thread
>proper thread
epic

Sounds like there's a missing modifier, are you using any other mods with HPM?

I never seen the reformation pop up so early in vanilla.

What game version? What checksum?

I am religious I just haven't pumped it up enough
I should become protector of the faith thats a good idea

Proper thread:

>no infopic
>no warning
>proper
Nice try

>more posts
>actually has the proper op image
>actually has the warning
>not proper
Epic.

W&B

>no warning
all you need to know is to stay away from venetians

>making a new thread over 700 posts early
epic

>no infopic
>no warning
>proper
Nice try

Any out there that add more societies and improve the expansion a bit? That balance satanists?

Big Square Frames
Cool Map Mod
HPM
HPM New Nations
Improved Names HPM

It should honestly all be the latest stuff. Put everything together again with the latest HPM. Never had any problems until now either.

So what's the verdict for M&M?

Next time just make a proper thread, we'd avoid this.

It hasnt is the weird thing. An event has just made those 2 provinces protestant. No center of reform no nations converting nothing.

It's shit. Worse than conclave and sunset invasion.

Neither the OP image nor the warning are required to be proper.

Sounds like a serious bug.

It's probably HPMNN

CK2+? Only mod that's updated.

>next time just make a proper thread
>someone makes a thread
>other guy literally makes a thread 20+ posts in and starts a thread war
How about no?

Denying R&I his thread is like denying an autistic kid his toy. He's going to scream and cry until he gets his way.

Just let him have it man, it's the only satisfaction he gets out of life

Why?

Hi immigrant/reddit/newfag.

He's shitposting, the DLC is really good.

The warning has only been around since, what, 2014? 15? And the infopic has been around for only slightly longer.

To think he's been at it for over 2 years, at least I gotta commend him on his dedication

CK2+ or HIP?

Which would be avoidable if newfags didn't make the new thread and forgot all the proper things like the infopic and the warning

The infopic is around longer than most people in this thread at this point, ever since to move from /v/ to here. At least 2012-11.

>Improved Names HPM
That shit still works?

Neither, both are shit.
>implying SWMH or CPR are good

Yes, it's just names, why wouldn't it?

So is anyone else super disappointed with the Monks and Mystics DLC? I didn't even pay for it and I want a refund.

...that's not how it works on Veeky Forums. You start a new thread when they're actually missing important shit, like all the information. Not the OP image or some warning that doesn't even apply to anyone anymore since there's no steamgruppe anymore.

We didn't have it right at the start of the move, we didn't have it on /v/. "Most people in this thread" are the ones who are sucking R&I's dick, not the other way around. R&I has been here for less time than fucking Cobrah.

The only bad thing is the amount of societies and balance, but the item stuff, secret religions and societies is pretty good.

>You start a new thread when they're actually missing important shit
Like the infopic and the warning.

Old Veeky Forums /gsg/ didn't always have infopics, only occasionally

We used pics like this alot

I don't see why Improved Names wouldn't work. I'll throw NN out and start a new Persia save. See if it works. Little unfortunate because I had a really nice war with Afghanistan but whatever.

What are you talking about, it's the best DLC since the Old Gods.

...look I can even see the argument for the infopic, kind of. But the warning? About groups that aren't there anymore?

I'm pretty sure the problem is HPMNN, Improved Names should only be some localization stuff.

The groups are still there tho.

It's old as fuck. In my experience using any old minimods will fuck your game up badly.
Ironically, HPMNN is the only exception I've ever seen.

What's the next CK2 DLC will be about now? What they can possibly add?

China

Discord hasn't shown up in forever. Steamgruppe is basically nonextant and when they shitpost they get deleted relatively quickly these days. This autism only serves to start thread wars, when realistically neither the warning nor the infopic is worth that shit over. Don't appeal to oldfaggotry, the warning is new as shit and the picture only slightly less so.

please no

A localization mod basically never expires.

>This autism only serves to start thread wars
That's the whole point

It's several good ideas that are poorly executed or half assed. And the satanist group (and I started a Lithuania campaign today and had their own secret society for Romuva or perhaps it was a generic pagan one. Either way, the events don't even change anything, it has clear references to hell and Satan despite this being a pagan group named something different) is beyond overpowered. You get something like 20 intruige by the end, it's piss easy even for someone as bad as me to become the leader of it, and you can kill anyone in your realm at will, and others outside can be killed eventually with a bit of luck. I can only imagine how easy it will be to just repeatedly murder your liege and his family until you come up to inherit the thing, and this could easily take place in less then 5 years.

It's absurd how powerful and detailed the satanists are and how completely ignored the other groups are.

Yes they do show up, it's the whole reason this thread exists. If they didn't fuck up the OP, this wouldn't happen.

Not all religions should have a satanist-equivalent society.

So it lacks balancing?

...so you admit that this is shitposting (even when it's self-evident)? Fuck off.

>they do show up
It's just a fucking boogeyman. Oldfags are tired of this shit and always have been, and in other news, I am in zero steamgroups and have 4 steamfriends IN TOTAL and I made some of these threads before (although not the Venice one). I don't even have a discord account.

>this wouldn't happen
That is not how Veeky Forums works you dumb fucking newfag

>poorly executed or half assed
Like what?

more pagan religions that werent extinct in the earlier start dates

I agree. The items were a neat feature. It just really bothered me how ever being ridiculously overpowered made it not fun as well.

>It's several good ideas that are poorly executed or half assed.

Completely agree. I think the only saving grace for this DLC will be what the Game of Thrones mod guys come up with using the new "features."

>It's just a fucking boogeyman.
Just look at the improper thread. 9 people, even if we assume 5 are stray anons that didn't have where to post it's basically 4 steamgroup members bumping their own thread, which is the truth. Everyone else moved here.

>That is not how Veeky Forums works
Yeah, it works like a true democracy where people can choose where to post. /gsg/ chooses the proper thread.

How are they overpowered?

More generic pagans for shit start dates? That's even worse than China.

>just look at the improper thread
Not my problem

>4 steamgroup members
I literally do not know where the steamgroup is. I couldn't join it if I wanted to. Making a thread at 22 is against the rules. You could argue it to not be against the rules in the previous thread, but making a new thread WITHIN a normal thread is literally not allowed.

Don't reply lads, it's just a shitpostergroup shitter baiting, he's butthurt about the infopic and warning.

>4 steamgroup members
There's 2 campaignposters among them, then. Byzanon and that guy doing Carthage.

>/gsg/
aka newfags
I just move into this thread because the mods will delete the other thread anyway so what's even the point?

Is the hashashin society any fun?

>aka newfags
Like the newfags who don't use the infopic or a warning?