Need a wagon, don't know what kind

Hey guys,

I run a small business delivering food, I have decided that a wagon is a good choice for my needs, but I don't know which one to get.

This would be my first car and I don't know the first thing about them. My budget is up to 6500 CAD and based on the sticky, I am looking at the following two:

>Volvo V70
or
>Subaru Outback/Legacy/Forester

Need the car for transportation of cargo, as well as camping trips with gf

Need help deciding, thanks, Veeky Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

nettiauto.com/en/nissan/stagea/8622195
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If camping is planned, as old, cheap, and well maintained a forester as you can find.

Saab 9-3 sportcombi aero is really cool. I'm looking at a 6 speed manual on Friday.

What kind of food are you delivering?

Just get a honda element and stop caring whether you look cool or not

I'll use this opportunity to ask you guys why shouldn't I go and jump on this fucker to haul the family around

nettiauto.com/en/nissan/stagea/8622195

>Only 260HP from 3.0 V6
>Those headlights
No.

Get a nissan stagea. They come in a range of engines. Ranging from neo v6/rb25/rb26 from gtr. Some of them have the running gear from the skylines. AWD. Big ass boots. Twin sunroofs.

Hot opinions there mate. And it's not like you can't basically kick a VQ30 to get more power out of it.

if the business will make you enough money to take care of it, check out the audi b5 a4/s4/rs4 avant

either that or a mazda6 v6 wagon

1st gen Forester. Cheap parts and they run for fucking ever.

Nissan Stagea is breddy gud

An AE86 hatchback would be enough

No, I'm saying that engine size should have way more power.

I've been making fantasy wagons because there's nothing cooler than a shooting brake. I'll share them!

Miata

Lexus RC-F

Honda S2K

AW11 mr2

Supraaaaaa

Crown vic

what the fuck is it about internet car nerds and wagons? is it autism?

Stingray vette

The shooting brake concept didn't look too bad.

My least favorite. R35, will redo this one
Chug a billion cocks

Moron.

If youre okay with older cars with cheap insurance that are reliable as fuck, Look at 1992-1995 Audi S4/S6 avants.

Last of the Inline 5 cylinder motors, turbocharged, AWD, reliable as the unholy fuck. Most cars are well north of 200k miles with zero problems. My personal car is at 240k and is my daily driver.

Ford's equivalent V6 of that time made 205 hp.
GM's LG8 that was 3.1 litres of that time had an output of what, 150-180 hp?

Four door wagons are just okay. You got the right idea... 2dr wagons are ultimate. Sorta like the mullet of the car world only cool, wanting to be practical but remaining sporty at the same time

I have a small business too, I deliver lost luggage from my local airport. I started with a Volvo 240 wagon, I loved it, but it was too old to keep using, since I drive around 100k per year. I'm currently driving a Mk4 Golf, and they're actually surprisingly roomy. If I were you I'd go for the V70. Tons of room, and you'll be comfortable if you spend lots of hours at a time driving. I'm going to try and track down a TDI Sportwagen this fall for my next car.

Stageas are rad as fuck get on ittt

How reliable are Subaru outbacks? I'm looking at a 2001 this weekend with 140k miles and it looks to be in good condition. The owner said the headgaskets have been replaced.
Buy or no?

Mercedes wagons are pretty good aswell
Get a w203 with an auto and a CDI engine if you want it to last a lifetime
>inb4 "merc reliabilty"
if you havent owned a merc you cant talk about reliability

>I'll share them!
Awesome, really awesome!

Thanks man!

This one is technically a wagon already

Dodge Magnum?

Maybe I'm just used to having 300HP from a 4cyl even though it's from 2002.

just get a golf
or get this
a 4 door sedan

That car with the right engine is seriously fun to drive.

all you really want i as a 540i 6mt or a 530d if mpgs are important.

One vote for a scoobydoo wagon here.

I vote for the V70. Base model is good, but for camping find an XC/Cross Country/AWD model. I have a 2000 (1st gen) V70 and with the seats flat in the back can fit an entire twin size mattress. Not tremendously good on gas, but you can get anywhere from 20-30mpg depending on how you drive it

SAAB 9-3 Aero SportCombi

OUTBACK XT

Fuck off, faggot

americans are fat retards who don't have the sophistication for a proper station wagon

>wagon
>for transportation of cargo
lol

you poor fat fucks

Dude he is driving pizza boxes around. No need to cuck yourself into buying a van

No you, buttmunch

>not available in the banana republic united states of america

Why not get a sedan then?
Wagons don't really offer that much extra space and the car won't reek of food if it has a sealed trunk.
fuck off alphonse, I didn't even look at the post you quoted but fuck off anyways

We don't get these either.

I'm not Alphonse, I don't like anime.

>Wagons don't really offer that much extra space

They do.

why would you want it? it's fwd

They really don't, the extra space above what would be the trunk lid doesn't even get used most of the time. And it's more practical to just fold down the rear seat.

Because it's cheap and a wagon. Your only other option is a fwd golf or spending $70k on a German luxury wagon. fwd is good enough for getting groceries.

then get the golf

Try getting all the camping equipment into a sedan.

My wagon with the back seats down has more cargo room than most modern crossovers and small SUV's. I can sleep in the back fully stretched out at 6'2. The deck lid in a sedan cucks you storage wise. It's easier to throw the bike in the back of the swagon than fanagle it under a stupid deck lid.

now that you mention it, the 5 series wagons luxury pricetag would be justified if bmw crammed in electric motors driving the rear wheels making it a hybrid

You couldn't pay me to drive a VW. Even a fucking Kia is a upgrade from those fucking pieces of shit.

Wrong

Why not use the side doors since you've already folded down the seats? Or even get a 5 door sedan.

Were talking about the 1st world here. Kia's and Hyundai's are literally more reliable than German brands here. I'm sure somebody will post the meme chart soon.

It doesn't matter if you use the a side doors or not. Anything bigger than the door opening is a bitch to stuff in. You still have a big rear tray and deck lid blocking everything. Plus you have to leave room for the trunk hinge arms to clear in some cars which is a pita.

I know this would never work but damn it looks good, kinda like a lift back Corolla of ye olde

The chart I posted is from the UK.
Consumer reports is garbage because it doesn't take the gravity of the issue into account.

I know it's from the UK. That's why I said it was irrelevant because were talking about the first world here.

Gee a car with $20k in maintenance a year into it is more reliable than a car that gets a oil change once a year of that. Whodda funk it.

Yo wtf is Bentley even trying?

>Some of them have the running gear from the skylines

260RS, it's the gtr wagon.

What do you have?

Right? That's what I thought exactly. But then one must wonder what engine you might be able to stuff in the back, if you're willing to turn that "boot space" into a "boot shelf"... wouldn't even have to horizontally oppose it and still have weight within the wheelbase

A commodore is the best option.
>tfw 6.2L V8 wagon skid pig

Whats the most miles you'd accept on an e91 328?

An old 4cyl manual 9-5 Estate.

"if you haven't eaten shit you can't talk about how it tastes bad"

Muh dick

Got you pham

>Paying this much for a food delivery vehicle

>jd
>audi that high
lole

my dad has a 9-3 Aero it's really neat

Is the last year of the Volvo XC70 worth getting? I can only find them in FWD in my area, and that seems to defeat the purpose of a wagon.

>that seems to defeat the purpose of a wagon.
how so? what does drivetrain layout have to do with it being a wagon?

>cargo weight over the dummy wheels
>weight distribution takes weight off the drive wheels

At least, that's what it seems like to me. The XC70 was marketed as a light offroad AWD wagon otherwise, so does its FWD trim just fall short?

if it's the XC70 it should be AWD. XC was the AWD V70 with more ground cleareance and edgy wannabe SUV plastics

It's not like wagons have huge cargo capacity...
They hold barely more than a sedan, what they add is mostly the ability to load high volume things.
And I wouldn't worry much about weight distribution, if anything it balances the engine and helps reduce understeer a bit.

I wouldn't say an XC70 with FWD defeats the purpose of a wagon.. but I'd certainly argue to near death that it shouldn't be considered a "Cross Country"

It's only really advertised as going on dirt and grass and it does that perfectly adequately.

The regular V70 does that too

dont mind me

b5 s4's cost like 5 grand

This makes me want a volvo wagon.

>comparing hurrbo to naturally aspirated

Looks like a Mazda 323

i want a car thats more than a shitbox but still can be daily-d, is GD WRX wagon good?

I'm comparing Engine size=tax price per HP

>delivering food
Like fast food, or commercial food?

Are you sure a full sized van woudlnt suit your needs more? Especially if the buisness grows?

Plus they are 100% better for camping with

Opel Astra H Caravan with the 1.7cdti

The official car of every new start-up entrepreneur who needs to haul stuff around.
>cheap af to buy
>cheap af to maintain ( the 1.7cdti is regarded as one of the most reliable diesel engines of all time )
>spacious enough for a small store's weekly supply on just 1 go.
>not the most comfortable but it's decent
>the whole car is sturdy af
>cheap to repair

Yes, it's a workhose type of car, but value for money it's very hard to beat it.